20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#388 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Where is this being reported? I would have thought video today announcement tomorrow to keep up with 3 cornerstones

Bleh… that criteria is insignificant. This is the Ces reveal cycle… so press launch should be the days before CES in the media cycle. Don’t expect anything except a theme confirmation tease before then.

#405 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I think Flynn brings up a very good point about CES. Wasn't Munsters revealed during CES?

Its the standard release for this time period… has been this way for awhile.

Stern will ride the Ces product announcement media wave that vendors create in the leadin days to Ces opening.

#529 2 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

So yeah, we probably won't see it until the end of next week.

You will see it in the media wave leadup to Ces opening next week. Same prestaged articles stern always has at release. Monday or Tuesday

Question really is if stern will let jack do a deadflip stream by the end of the week or if it will wait. Probably will get some version late next week.

#640 2 years ago

wonder if stern will be savvy and adjust their normal territory distribution of their production to adjust for the regional preference for Rush up north...

#696 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Yeah I don't want to come off as overly critical, especially since most of us barely have time to look up at the display.

No it immediately stood out. Stern usually does better in the end product in hiding those weaknesses ( you see a lot of compression in some game assets etc)

Iron Maiden didn’t use video from the game, the characters, theme and art direction were based on the game. It’s basically made to be of the same dna of the game, but its all new animation.

And yes stern has animators and artists in house.

#738 2 years ago

I can’t wait for all the over-eagerness to turn to price angst posts

#1379 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Anyone else being charged shipping now? I’ve never been charged shipping in the past. They jacked up Godzilla by 700 bucks and now charging shipping which I’m guessing is another $500 bucks. So rush will be $1200 more then mando?!? Jeez it’s getting hard to keep putting new games on location.

shipping is always there - its just a question of if you are paying for it line item or not

#1704 2 years ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

Zeppelin's cab art is lazy and the playfield art is better than Rush

try taking a closer look at zep's slingshots

#1955 2 years ago

If any game ever called for needing pedals... it's this game.

#2582 2 years ago

Holy crap that was a lot of purple!

The game looks like it’s going to be brutal stacking and building values rules with almost no time to pause and focus.

I really despise these strategies of ‘boost the values’ on everything as a game mechanic. Use in moderation… not across the board. If you need a calculator to estimate a shot’s value… you’ve gone too far.

Like (but not as bad as…) zep the focus on the song seems to rob the game of direct player payoff/gratification for doing things. No, displaying s score doesn’t count… think theatrics like the castle blowing up, taf storm, Metallica sparky, etc.

And the sound fx… the drums snd beeps… oi

Looks like a lot to do the game… but rules that are too virtual and too score verse objective driven

#2751 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

When will be the Rush pin be rated on the top 100? This being such a niche pin, how do you think that will affect it's value over time? Personally, I think this particular pin (if it is a fun pin to play, unlike Zep) will be the next Gamestop stock.

Stop all this kind of value pumping speculation crap please.

Pinside top 100 is just a localized game to some people. It’s meaningless.

#2772 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Respectfully disagree. The top 100 is no different than Becketts ratings for baseball cards

A small group of people can pump a game to the top in days… which is why nearly every new game gets to the top 5 as all the honeymooners wet themselves over their latest buy.

It’s meaningless. Just look at some of the actual reviews…. Garbage.

Never goto the listing to make a buying decision

1 week later
#3326 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Yea. What’s the difference ?
I’m new. Maybe I don’t get it.

Club threads are in another portion of the site. This site doesn't have moving/merging of threads.

Club/Owner threads are only supposed to be started in the club subforum when games are shipping.

(which is why 2 earlier club threads were already closed for Rush)

1 week later
#3573 2 years ago
Quoted from mc8045:

We are having bad consistency issues with balls coming out of the scoop

Just take the factory protector off - scoop becomes 100% reliable after that.

#3625 2 years ago

As stated earlier… the hole is not beveled. It’s this weird stepped cut.

Given cliff is already at a 3-4 week backlog with normal activity… getting 500 new Rush orders won’t result in quick turnaround :/

#3650 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I wonder if this will require a mantis type protector in addition to the cliffy style. (like what I did on my MET and RFM)

Unfortunately the way the playfield is CNC'd you will want topside protection no matter what. The lip is like a two step shelf. There basically is a second corner that needs covering. So mantis-style alone is not desirable.. I don't think the cliffy-design is a dead-end here, it's just something about the stern one that is unusual. Even just having the tabs go under the wood would improve things. But the scoop mech probably prevents that, or requires more disassembly.

Mantis style may make the shot significantly harder due to the narrow dimension.

#3652 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Interesting to me is that GZ has a factory one on the scoop, and I have had no issues with it… what is different about this one?

for the 1100th time. Godzilla is not a scoop. It's a deep saucer with a simple VUK - ball doesn't go 'through' to underside of playfield. Rush is a legitimate scoop with subways underneath.

#3674 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:a scoop is a hole that allows for the ball to go below the playfield. which is exactly what godzilla's does.

Which if you pay attention doesn't happen in GZ. It goes into the cutout into the VUK mech right there. Not through the PF and below. Which is not what happens in Rush. So everyone who keeps asking 'why is it different' - that's how the games are different.

#3677 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

but the mech is below the playfield! i'm not sure why your splitting hairs here,

Because its what is different about the games ffs. No ball going Getting shot by a coil and going free form through the subway and up through the pf… which is where it gets deflected and interfered with. No way that can happen in a mech where the ball just sits on the vuk right attached to the cutout.

People ask why it’s different… because its not the same mech!

#3686 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

You are correct that they are different mechs, but that doesn't mean they aren't both scoops.

Yes stern redefined the scoop when they cheaped out and replaced real scoops with vuks. Around the time when stern stopped having any ball movement under the pf.

Go look in the Godzilla and guardians manuals and look at what they call the mech - it calls them VUKs.

#3718 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Pro looks like a ton of fun but I think I’d miss the VUK return to the inlane

the dead end shot is the least satisfying shot in the game right now. It would help to put more effects on it. Often you shoot it and absolutely nothing happens..

Stern really needs to stop with these dead-end shots when doing their pro vs premiums.

#3732 2 years ago

Ah that's right. But weren't those Super LEs?

exactly... and that's what Stern would charge you too

Instead pay for a Meet&Greet somewhere and get them to sign it yourself

But I agree.. I'd much rather have Rush signatures rather than Borg... especially given their participation in the game's content

#3792 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Cary on the Scoop..

Thats what happens when you armchair critique and from afar and it’s obvious he’s not touched a Rush game. Rush doesn’t have beveled edges on the scoop or even smooth edges that mylar would sit tight on. It has a stepped edge… obvious that it was intended to be covered and I’d speculate time optimized to not need another bit change on the cnc.

#3808 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

I’m going to install the new code and see before removing the scoops.

Code won’t impact this and it’s only the lower scoop that is impacted. No need to take the side scoop off until there is sn alternative

#3819 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Is there a playfield multiplier insert on this game?
Just wondering if there is a way to blow up scores like in Maiden and LZ etc?

Scoring multipliers by building values, making combos at the right time - yes.. but not blanket whole game multiplier.

#3964 2 years ago

It certainly does look thicker now - see second screenshot above. Hope it doesn’t make that really tight shot even tighter.

Its funny… for as small as it is… it’s not s hard shot. It lines up with the right flipper so well you hit it with ease. I would not be concerned.

#4040 2 years ago

the call outs grow on you... especially when you can hear it cleanly. There are still a ton of lines that go over totally flat.... but Alex's humor is great at times. It just lacks those real moment call outs.... some of the combo value ones get there a little bit.. but not really.

It's not horrid, its just not as traditional in format I think. I would like to see more energetic/shock/suprise type lines. Geddy is pretty low level too kinda of throughout.

#4170 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

The two things missing on this list:
1) New releases and how they push things down the schedule
2) Differing demands for titles and what to fill the production line with (no way that they are only running JP home models only in October)

well the list isn't saying that is ALL they are building Obviously they don't list future titles and never have. You also don't have any visibility into how much of each title they are doing. This is simply a timeline for games Stern has already announced.

#4179 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I get a fair amount of rejects from the left cross ramp, seems to hit the switch from the jackpot sign and come back down. Anyone else have this issue or is there a fix for it yet

yes - see it too.. I think it's because of the angle of the switch vs the ball path. Haven't tried to address it yet. Didn't see it as much at first.. so maybe it's moved on me.

2 weeks later
#4312 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

What's the deal with code updates with Stern Insider Connected?
I'm on wifi. Connected successfully. I register the game, but there's no option to update, because it just stays "go register with IC for updates". It doesn't even generate an email confirming registration?

because you didn't finish the registration of the game

after scanning your QR code you MUST goto the insider connected webpage and accept the game's registration there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.