20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eternitytom83.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#553 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

What does "Traveling soon" mean? Obviously a "time traveler" themed machine!!! What a great idea.

I hope so! I'm crossing my fingers for some kind of storyline, as opposed to "collect a bunch of tours."

#772 2 years ago

Will it have those damned Borg inlanes that bounce to the outlane half the time?

#1901 2 years ago

I was surprised by those naked scoops. Haven't all recent Sterns shipped with "Cliffy's"?

I'm extremely impressed with everything I've seen so far, and can't wait to see some actual gameplay! I do hope, though, that "just replace it with a dead-end stand-up target" doesn't become the designers' go-to. Dead-end shots are no fun, and this Pro has not one, but two features replaced with them.

The more I look at the models, the more I'm digging the simpler cabinet artwork of the Premium. I think I like its translite the best as well. And is this just a weird image artifact, or am I seeing too many strings on Geddy's bass on the Pro? Pretty sure I haven't started drinking yet, so that can't be it.

so-many-strings (resized).pngso-many-strings (resized).png
#1970 2 years ago

star-wars-anakin-skywalker.gifstar-wars-anakin-skywalker.gif

Started 6-string-gate, that's what.

#2125 2 years ago

That premium side art looks real nice.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2527 2 years ago

This game has so much going for it, but did anyone else come out of the stream not having a great feeling about the direction of the rules? Other than that Fly by Night mode where your objective is to dim the playfield (which was really freaking cool), it sort of seemed like they picked a song and then... I don't know? Was there an objective to the modes other than "shoot a whole bunch of shots"?

Maybe it's a matter of not enough callouts being implemented yet to tell you what the heck you're supposed to be doing.

Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-rush-rulesheet/7409
Looks like Raymond will be editing this rulesheet some more soon.

Thanks for posting this. That helps somewhat, but at this stage it's sounding a little too "tournament calculator" for my tastes. I was really hoping to see some creative, objective-based modes that made clever use of the storylines of the songs.

Also, yes, that scoop eject beep was godawful. I was watching the stream on TV and I'm pretty sure that sound made my wife consider filing for divorce.

#2531 2 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Question for the Rush fans - in game play on the screen I saw Red Barchetta multiball - Did one of the band members own a Ferrari Barchetta or what ?

It's a song about a future in which sports cars have been outlawed.

#2538 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think this is going to be the general feel of games when Tim and Ray are coding together kind of like LZ, tournament type of code and shooting.

That's what I was afraid of, and for me that would be a disappointing miss when basically every song is a story.

#2543 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Are you saying each song has the same rules or "tournament" objectives making it really just a Rush jukebox with pinball machine built in?

I'm saying I couldn't really tell what the objectives were from watching the stream. Maybe it's just a matter of the callouts, etc, needing to be fleshed out, but I definitely didn't leave with the impression that the song modes will be cool objective-based modes a la Iron Maiden.

Edit: I think I misread your comment. Yes, if each mode doesn't have some unique objective then I agree with how you described it.

#2569 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I'll politely disagree with the notion that they haven't made the modes somewhat story-based. Working Man requires getting the drum clock to 5 pm, Limelight involves hitting shots to increase your fame then escape it at the end, Spirit of Radio makes you "blast radio waves" by hitting the spinner. It's not in the rulesheet yet, but there was an RPM component to Red Barchetta Multiball, plus the aforementioned Fly By Night mode where you turn out the lights. I was actually pretty pleased with the balance of tournament-style and story-based rules this early on.

Raymond reached out via PM, and I think it was just the limitations of the launch stream that left me with the wrong impression. He described how they designed the modes around the themes of the songs, and it sounds like exactly the kind of creative tie-ins I was hoping to see. Consider my fears assuaged.

Thanks for reaching out, Ray, can't wait to play it!

4 weeks later
#3918 2 years ago
Quoted from EMDude:

Thanks. Both Pros here at INDISC are 6/3 on right side of the cab only.

So they didn't catch it before it went to print after all? Those Pros are limited editions!

Maybe I have mental issues, but looking at this sort of thing would drive me nuts. If you look at the bridge to the left of his hand, there's also nowhere for the extra strings to go.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eternitytom83.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players?tu=eternitytom83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.