20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drdq.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 2 years ago

Everybody got mixed feelings

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Fastway opened no shit ha

They did. Saw them at MSG Sept 1984. Their lead singer was a bit of a douche.

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I mean, Working Man HAS to be on there.

My opinion is it’s the first song when you plunge on ball one (assuming no choice)

#197 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm hoping Red Barchetta makes it on the soundtrack

There should be a Run the Deadly Race mode

#206 2 years ago

Blah Blah Blah Switch Mode

#370 2 years ago

Something to watch …as the drama starts to mount

#415 2 years ago

Coming up on the 2 Yr anniversary of Neil Peart’s passing in early Jan…It would be tacky to announce/release during CES.

#484 2 years ago

Eager for this magic day when super music will mingle with the bright stuff of dreams!

#784 2 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

I was at the same show. Arrived late so Mr. Big effect minimized...

I was there too!

IMG_6570 (resized).jpgIMG_6570 (resized).jpg
#812 2 years ago

Just went for a walk and listened to some of the greats from Signals with my AirPods (I think we all know listening to Rush with a headset on takes it to another level); The Analog Kid, Digital Man and the Weapon; each song just so good and so intense in their own way. I come inside singing loudly (terribly) to the Weapon and my Wife is giggling and trying to tell me she wants to show me something that she just saw:

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/an-faq-about-your-new-birth-control-the-music-of-rush

#832 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It is always impossible to fit every song that every fan wants into a game but 17 is a good number, for me I wish they included "The Analog Kid". Looking forward to playing this but as with most rock band themed pins I probably won't own it unless it really blows me away with gameplay.

Here’s a totally alternate playlist; even with leaving out each of the 17 songs, I struggled to limit this to 17 so I went over. I picked alternative songs I thought would be a good pinball fit;

Finding My Way
Anthem
Beneath Between and Behind
Fountain of Lamneth; Didacts and Narpets/No One at the Bridge
Something for Nothing
Cinderella Man
Natural Science
YYZ
Vital Signs
The Analog Kid
Digital Man
Between The Wheels
Grand Designs
Force Ten
Presto
Cut to the Chase
Secret Touch
Malignant Narcissism
The Anarchist
The Garden : Final Wizard Mode (with delayed Ball Saver On - when down to one ball)

#840 2 years ago
Quoted from Evets:

Just to test my memory of opening bands for RUSH that I've seen, besides Mr. Big... Tommy Shaw, Candlebox, Primus, maybe James (not sure about this one), McCauley-Schenker (sp?) Group, Steve Morse, Eric Johnson... I know I'm forgetting an 80's band in this trip down memory lane.

Marillion and Fastway also opened for them in the 80s

#967 2 years ago

Not sure if the halftime show will be televised; but putting this out there

23CB47B7-1291-4C0E-97D0-BBEAAAAB24EA (resized).jpeg23CB47B7-1291-4C0E-97D0-BBEAAAAB24EA (resized).jpeg
#1124 2 years ago

Potential for Fantoons to be doing the playfield artwork?

BFC27E22-772B-435F-ACDE-D5863D4B9F9A (resized).jpegBFC27E22-772B-435F-ACDE-D5863D4B9F9A (resized).jpeg
#1315 2 years ago

I’ll take an LE and a Lighted Framed Pro BackGlass for the Wall!!!!

#1660 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

It was a total thrill for me to work on this project. Sort of impossible to put in to words actually...
To be asked by my favourite band to help oversee the creation of a Pinball Machine, my Favourite THING??!!
It was an absolute pleasure to work with Ged, and Al on this project. They KILLED it during the Callouts recording session. I think everybody is going to LOVE what they hear. An insane amount of callouts from the guys... oh ya, not to mention almost TWO HOURS of music?!?!
Borg put his Heart and Soul in to it.
The song list was an absolute blast to come up with. We were never going to please everybody, but TRUST ME... I'm a bigger Rush Nerd than YOU! I KNOW there are songs that aren't there that should be, but I truly believe there are ZERO songs ON the list that Shouldn't Be! The goal was to populate the game with BANGERS. Fill it with songs that would compliment the energy of pinball. I think we struck a really good balance.
My hat is off to the entire Stern team. Working with Jody on licensing, Borg on Design, Greg and Michael on the Art, Tim on Rules, Zach on Marketing etc etc. Everybody there gives a shit about every little decision, and the care and attention they put in to each is astounding! I had conversations with Gomez, Dave Peterson, John Buscaglia etc etc... At EVERY LEVEL the company is pushing to give the project what it needs to be successful.
As a Pinball Fanatic it was INCREDIBLE to be part of the whole process.
I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I loved being a part of making it.
Thanks for all of the early positive feedback. It was a labour of love, and I really think it will show.

What a great story! Thanks Ed. To have both Geddy and Alex directly involved with the callouts with the guidance and support of a huge Pinball and Rush fan like yourself and another one as the lead designer; what else can we ask for (Code as meticulous as the music I suppose)? This is not a mail it in pin...this is a PIN for the fans!
This really is a dream come true for us hardcore RUSH fans. I can't wait to "HOOT Again"!

#1945 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

The owl has to be the best art I've seen at the bottom of any playfield.

I agree. It’s awesome.

#2042 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I will argue its a top 5 if not top 3 song. LOVE it!!!!

A Farewell to Kings is a great song.

But I think I may have a good 30 songs in my top 5.

#2151 2 years ago

Let’s Get on with the fascination
The real relation, the underlying theme!

RIP Neil Peart 1/7/2020

34E69FA1-725F-44DA-8B31-65D12A7ECC47 (resized).png34E69FA1-725F-44DA-8B31-65D12A7ECC47 (resized).png
#2421 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

For Rush fans, this has to be a dream come true!

Yeah a wet dream!!! I need to change my underwear.
This game is great. Hoping that all of us Rush fans can get what they would want. Nothing is sacred in my lineup anymore.

#2651 2 years ago

Gryszzz… This song kicks ass! The drum beat…ridiculous. The energy, the riffs, the lyrics.

These guys were ~ 23 years old when this song was written and recorded. Think about that.

#2652 2 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

(Anthem) Gryszzz… This song kicks ass! The drum beat…ridiculous. The energy, the riffs, the lyrics.
These guys were ~ 23 years old when this song was written and recorded. Think about that.

#3001 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

I actually really like Presto as well, kind of a transition album but the album that got me into Rush

Put some headphones on and listen to Presto and Available Light

#3016 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

LOL, my least fav songs on Presto are the first two. I worship RUSH, but there are songs that just do nothing for me, not many though. That's what is so awesome about RUSH, they have so many albums and eras that all speak to different people in different ways.

Agree. I am not as much of fan of Show Don’t Tell and Stick It Out on Counterparts. Many more enjoyable songs on both albums (musically they are good though) I don’t dislike them, but to me they are too repetitive and maybe too “catchy”. Maybe they are a better fit for the casual fan. They don’t get you on the personnel level that 80-90% of the songs do.

#3071 2 years ago
Quoted from Wicked-Flip:

Stay! Go! Work! No! Think! Live! Earn! Give! Wait! Fight! Laugh! Right!
Listen!
Sometimes I wonder if the TITLE of this one was for Mongo.
(Somebody out there will see what I did there. Everyone else will stare around in wonder)

Narpets (Anagram)

2 weeks later
#3610 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Not sure if this has been posted. Found this gem on youtube. 1974 at a High School, pre-Peart. Pretty amazing and a real slice of history.

This is great. And they played Best I Can....which premiered on Fly By Night, which means it didn't make the cut on the first album.

1 month later
#4395 2 years ago
Quoted from Sylwood2:

I need some help... I just brought home a RUSH LE tonight and its not powering up. or I dont know how to turn it on. Can someone walk me through the startup sequence? its plugged in and no power !!

The power switch is on the right side bottom of the head.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drdq.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players?tu=drdq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.