20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cscmtp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

My hope for the song list….
Tom Sawyer
Limelight
Red Barchetta
YYZ
Subdivisions
New World Man
Distant Early Warning
Working Man
Spirit of the Radio
Freewill
Fly by night
Lavilla Strangiato

Good list but think my Metallica Premium, that has all rush songs thanks to pinball browser, has an even better song list

Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Red Barchetta, Spirit of Radio, Freewill, Fly By Night, Beneath Between Behind, Farewell to Kings, Xanadu, Bastille Day, Natural Science, The Trees, and Closer to the Heart.

#250 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

A Farewell to Kings is a great start. Vinyl and listen to the entire album.

That might be my favorite Rush album! Top 3 for sure!

#287 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

You guys got me wanting to grab the entire Rush catalog now lol. Shameful, as I should already own it.
Missing some essential shit like Hemispheres and Permanent Waves.

Top 4 Rush albums (in no particular order)

A Farewell to Kings
Hemispheres
Permanent Waves
Moving Pictures

This is the best 4 consecutive album release in the history of Rock music. Only thing that comes close is VH1, 2, W&CF, and Fair Warning.

#410 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Zeppelin 1-4: ."Hold our beers"
Haha. Im not a Rush junkie like some of ya, but a big fan. Can't wait for this.

I like Zep, but I think those 4 releases are better than those 4 from Zep, I really do.

Quoted from Methos:

People marveled all over Neil, and I get it. He was one of the best.
But Geddy played bass (at a high level of musicianship), does all vocals, plays keys, and bass pedals. All in the same song and live too. He's a fucking boss!

I'm a drummer. Neil is my all time favorite...that being said, Geddy is the most talented in the band, and its not close IMO. He seriously might be an Alien.

#421 2 years ago

Song list looks good, impossible to get everyone's favorites, but nice job overall!!!

#504 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I stopped with new slbums at Counterparts. Whats special about Far Cry?

I'm a 74-81 Rush diehard, although I listen and have all their albums. I do think Far Cry is one of the better tracks they have released over the last 5 studio albums. But nothing compares to the 70s-80s era IMO

#751 2 years ago

Any distribs on here I am very interested in buying an LE if you have one available. Life long Rush fan, drummer, and pinball lover not flipper

#791 2 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

I've seen Rush more than any other band, and that tour was one of the best.
We had very close seats and had a lot of fun heckling Paul Gilbert (stuff like screaming "Racer X! Racer X!" and "Play Y.R.O!", and just generally being obnoxious), and he responded with a grin and threw a huge handful of picks at us - probably the best Rock and Roll thing that ever happened to me (other than the surreal moment when I stepped up to a urinal at a NY Rangers game and realized I was standing next to Lou Reed, but that's a story for another thread).

I keep hearing "Subdivisions" in my head, but "The Trees" certainly works too!

Paul Gilbert is one of the nicest dudes in Rock. And AMAZING guitarist and he LOVES Rush. Not sure why a few people on here are throwing shade at Mr. Big. You could do a LOT worse than Billy Sheehan and Paul Gilbert as an opening act!!!

#816 2 years ago

was thinking today if they had used Force Ten (not that Hold Your Fire is my favorite album by any means) they could have incorporated a whirlwind like effect

#821 2 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

The two-album run was way too short, as was the "Eat Em' and Smile" album length (barely 30min if I remember correctly, but at least there's no "filler" tracks)!
Oh well, I guess quality>quantity.

As good as any Van Halen album IMO (which is saying a lot!)

#937 2 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

Since i'm guessing the vast majority of people commenting in this thread are Rush fans, I wanted to throw this hidden gem out there for everyone to geek out on. This guy Tyler Warren took it upon himself to re-record the entire Permanent Waves album from beginning to end, and he played every instrument, vocal, and effect himself. It's an amazing enough feat to learn to cover either Neil, Geddy, or Alex's parts individually, but to thoroughly learn ALL of their parts for the entire record and completely nail each of their performances is truly next level. He even managed to capture the actual "sound and feel" of the record as well. As a musician myself, this is truly one of the most astounding things I have ever seen and hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do.

Huge Tyler fan and I’m convinced he’s an Alien. His Queen and Van Halen stuff is equally awesome. He did little guitars tribute to Eddie after he passed and it’s perfect.

#1039 2 years ago
Quoted from TeaHaus:

Anyone who selects Beneath Between Behind must be a true Rush fan! Kudos.......

I LOVE the early albums. I can't guess how many THOUSAND times I've played them all

#1076 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

For me it’s Bonham, Neil and Moon

And Stewart Copeland

#1101 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Two of their best songs completely missed. Too bad.[quoted image]

Without question. Both currently on my Metallica Premium that plays all Rush songs

#1188 2 years ago

Nothing on the LE though, they just show the Pro and Premium. Looks like a lot going on!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1211 2 years ago

The picture of the LE, does that armor look powder coated or is that just the stock photo of what they use on pro and premium for the legs?

#1328 2 years ago

I doubt you'd find a band that would have more fun (and dedication) than Geddy and Alex with the call outs. They just love to have fun...this is going to be epic!

#1535 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

If there is no on-screen footage of Time Stands Still video with a floating tank top-clad Neil Peart…I’m out.

I had told a friend if they did Force Ten as one of the songs they could have incorporated something like whirlwind pinball does

#1536 2 years ago

I'm in on an LE and couldn't be more excited. Rush and VH have been my favorite bands since I was 13 years old.

#1772 2 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

My distributor failed me for the first time ever, so no LE I guess. If anyone has a tip for a distributor selling one at MSRP send me a pm. Honestly having big Xmen vibes on the playfield so I am not really crying over losing out. Might get a premium later down the road.

I don't know many who are selling at MSRP now. I've called a ton too. be prepared to pay over....

#1928 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Guitar players get more chicks.

drummers get the most chicks. we do it in rhythm

#2018 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

This is such an amazing song...

I will argue its a top 5 if not top 3 song. LOVE it!!!!

#2070 2 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I really hope that everyone who watches Jack's stream tomorrow remembers that it was exactly two years ago, January 7th, 2020, that the world lost Neil Peart. He was truly one of the top 3 or 4 drummers who ever lived (I think he was #1) and, he was a wonderful, intelligent, deep-thinking, loving, genius who gave everything had to this wonderful art we call music. I'm not sure if Stern even realizes that they are showing gameplay on the anniversary of his passing, or maybe it was on purpose. All I know is that, as a Rush fan, this event will be a wonderful tribute to his life.
I would love if Tim Sexton hid an Easter Egg in the game for every January 7th. That would be so cool.
R.I.P. Professor. We miss you.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This drummer thinks Peart is without question the greatest rock drummer that's walked the planet. Yep, I like Bonham, but rubbish that some think he's better than Neil. No way.

#2074 2 years ago
Quoted from freakandgeek:

Another drummer here. Agreed Bonham not even that close to Peart in terms of ability and skill. Keith Moon however is in the conversation. I still think Peart was better than him though.

Moon could probably do more drugs than all the other "elite" drummers but I never got what people loved about him. Just all over the place. Didn't help that I wasn't a huge Who fan music wise I'm sure. I prefer Stewart Copeland over Moon and Bonham actually.

#2114 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Where does Alex Van Halen land on your list? My wife and daughter met him last year when his wife stabled her horse next to theirs.

I like Alex but I think its more because I LOVE Eddie and VH is my 2nd all time favorite band. I think Alex is a great drummer but never cared for his solos. But I mean what drummer doesn't sit down and warm up with Hot for Teacher? That double bass shuffle is the best

#2123 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I've heard that the European market is a little soft on this and more machines might stay here. So all hope is not lost, if you missed an LE.

That actually surprises me, Rush has a huge following and has always faithfully toured Europe!

#2358 2 years ago

Game looks FANTASTIC, fast, lots and lots to shoot, and the lighting is gorgeous. So happy to have an LE coming!!

#2387 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

no way...... its completely different approach.

So Rush will be fun to play and not just look nice. sweet.

#2548 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I was amazed how many people on the stream mentioned wanting roll the bones and yyz in the game, hoping they took notice.
With the bands involvement and everyone present who designed game id say maybe there is a chance.

I can assure you if they add those 2 songs, I'll be changing them to something else off of Farewell to Kings, Fly Night, Caress of Steel, 212, Hemispheres, or Permanent Waves

#2686 2 years ago

For those that are having trouble understanding the genius of Rush (and I'm sorry God took a lunch break and put someone else in charge when your ears were made ) but go to youtube, and just listen to isolated tracks of Geddy's bass or Neil's drums. Unbelievable stuff. Example A

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2687 2 years ago

Or isolated Ged in Zanadu (forward to 58 seconds)

I'm a drummer, yet I could just listen to just Ged's bass all freaking day.

#2718 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Rush was good up to Moving Pictures and then they lost me.

I get your stance, I do, because I always say the best Rush is Fly By Night to Moving Pictures, and I do see a drop after that album, but Signals and Power Windows is still great stuff. But yeah, you can't top perfection from 74-80

#2720 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I am here because I like Rush and I like pinball. I like the first eight albums. With that said, I understand that this is simply my opinion. I respect your opinion if you feel "Hold your Fire" is their finest work and masterpiece.

I respect all people's opinions, but that's comedy gold right there, calling Hold your Fire their masterpiece album. It was their worst album to date the year they released it. Although I absolutely love Time Stands Still.

#2722 2 years ago
Quoted from TeaHaus:

and Rush fans have thought this forever.........here's Alex doing his acceptance

I love Alex, I get his sense of humor, but I didn't really find that his finest moment. Yes, Rush was ignored and disrespected by Rolling Stone and the press for years. But like someone said, even though the RHF is somewhat a joke, I would have rather them thanked their fans for their loyalty and said goodnight then make a mockery of it. Just my humble opinion. But I love the band and they worked their arses off for decades and deserve everything they got!

#2723 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Anyone know why no John Borg on the interviews / podcasts / Streams ?
Does he shy away from these things?
I would enjoy hearing him talk about the game.

No insider info, but I think he must have covid or has been pretty sick and just not able to.

#2820 2 years ago

All you drummers in this thread will appreciate this.

#2981 2 years ago

Just out the blue, a friend from church gave me this today, having no idea how perfect this will look as a topper for LE pinball

271246878_607522303811925_4079099165866634463_n (resized).jpg271246878_607522303811925_4079099165866634463_n (resized).jpg
#3011 2 years ago

I just can't conceive how some of you guys are saying their later albums, 90s and beyond, are your favorite Rush albums. Its like saying you like like Pam Anderson now vs when she first got on the scene. But I love that you all love ANY Rush song and album, I just can't for the life of me imagine anything after Moving Pictures sounding better than what proceeded it in 74-80. But even my least favorite Rush songs/albums are better than most bands best work.

#3267 2 years ago
Quoted from Bill2112Rush:

Yep! My prized possession is a Neil Peart Tama banner:
[quoted image]

As a drummer and Rush fan for over 40 years, I am sickly jealous of that banner.

#3282 2 years ago
Quoted from Bill2112Rush:

I was a huge Peart fan starting at around Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures. When that banner was being produced, it was made available only to people who purchased a Tama drum set. I was in high school at the time and couldn’t afford a new drum set so I tired to just buy one from my local music store. (I think I offered the guy FIFTY whole dollars. Cash!) Nope.
20 years later, I was able to buy one on eBay.

My first kit was a Tama but I got the Swingstar as I couldn't afford the Artstar that I believe Neil played on...and then years later I bought a Roland TD-50 because that was Neil's choice of electric drums too

1 week later
#3609 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Not sure if this has been posted. Found this gem on youtube. 1974 at a High School, pre-Peart. Pretty amazing and a real slice of history.

What a difference in the drums for Best I Can with John playing vs Neil. Talk about night and day talents.

#3837 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Today's NON track obsession:
The Big Money
Just how in the fuck did this dog of a song make it into this pin?
Not many Rush tracks I can say I don't like. Congrats Big Money.

The bass alone in that song makes it worth being in this pin.

#3968 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

If I had to choose, I think I'd take off Far Cry or One Little Victory. Those don't feel as connected to the rest of the tracks in the game, sonically, as Big Money.

Same here. But even the least of these Rush songs are better than most other bands entire catalogs

#4038 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Well you guys changed my mind about The Big Money, and Headlong Flight still gets played 4-5 times a day here. But can anyone honestly say they're happy about Far Cry making the cut over other tracks that are more universally loved?
Will admit I'm new on Far Cry. Maybe it will grow on me, but I think I'll always be like IT SHOULDA BEEN YYZ

I would think the mass majority of Rush fans agree, grab a song off the first 10 studio albums would have been better, but Far Cry was probably my favorite Rush song off the last few albums.

1 week later
#4226 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I've posted before that Im not a super fan like some of you diehards, but I'm not a casual listener either. Always loved Rush but there are some albums that I haven't had much time with. Caress of Steel is one of those. I knew Bastille Day and Lakeside Park, but not the others.
I Think I'm Going Bald is new my favorite track WOW!

The epic long songs will take a little longer to click with you, but they are damn good too. But yeah, Bastille Day, Lakeside Park, Going Bald, instant fall in love songs for sure

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cscmtp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players?tu=cscmtp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.