20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craziestsinge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2819 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Holy crap that was a lot of purple!
The game looks like it’s going to be brutal stacking and building values rules with almost no time to pause and focus.
I really despise these strategies of ‘boost the values’ on everything as a game mechanic. Use in moderation… not across the board. If you need a calculator to estimate a shot’s value… you’ve gone too far.
Like (but not as bad as…) zep the focus on the song seems to rob the game of direct player payoff/gratification for doing things. No, displaying s score doesn’t count… think theatrics like the castle blowing up, taf storm, Metallica sparky, etc.
And the sound fx… the drums snd beeps… oi
Looks like a lot to do the game… but rules that are too virtual and too score verse objective driven

Agree. A lot of Stern games these days have lost the theatrics and the sense of accomplishment of progressing though the game. Gotta love those old-school Williams multi-ball start sequences TAF and TZ.

#2845 2 years ago

I agree with many of your posts (and I've noticed this myself) that all the songs are available to play at the very beginning. There is no progression (like in GNR) to accomplish tasks in order to "earn" the privilege of hearing a song. I like the way in GNR that while you are grinding to earn a song, you hear GNR music in instrumental form. In this way, the sound design is much better in GNR. Additionally, the songs in Rush are interrupted by other songs as you progress, but I suppose this is better for game flow and keeping this interesting and chaotic. That said, excited for this title.

1 week later
#3170 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I hope they can just play that snippet when you hit the mystery shot. Would that be weird or cool? I think just having a riff from songs that aren’t fully in the game would be cool when appropriate.

I agree. Having snippets from songs as "Sound effects" especially in a music pin would make the sound design a little more creative than simply playing the music tracks. JJP's GNR is the perfect example of this: When you spin the record "toy", the "Sweet Child of Mine" guitar riff plays; or different GnR inspired musical sounds play when switches are hit in the game.
Of course all this requires more time and effort therefore ultimately increasing the cost of production.

#3249 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I just want them to bring back a traditional knocker. The knocker is the greatest sound in pinball; I despise the squelch. What's supposed to be such a rewarding noise, instead just makes me cringe.
(Yes, I know I can add one -- and I will.)

Agree! That "squelch" is an unfortunate cost-saving feature of modern pinball and I think really cheapens the experience. That along with the removal of the outlane return kicker.

#3269 2 years ago
Quoted from Bill2112Rush:

Yep! My prized possession is a Neil Peart Tama banner:
[quoted image]
As far as pinball, I think these bobble heads should be incorporated into the machine topper:
[quoted image]

Agreed!

1 week later
#3706 2 years ago

For a topper, how 'bout Dice in a dome similar to board games like "Game of Life". Everytime you hit the "Roll the bones" scoop, the dome will "pop" and bounce the dice. This of course would be contained in the time machine with the mechanical flipping numbers that would flip to the appropriate year when you hit a special multi-ball mode.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3803 2 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

I think any of Geddy's stage "rigs" would make a great topper.
[quoted image][quoted image]

1 week later
#4139 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Boob … LE’s …. February 25th for us The Canadians(Canadians like RUSH)
The 1,000 Limited Editions should have been just ours my dear American brothers and with the Canadian Flag on the apron …

Yeah! ...and why is the AMERICAN flag shown during the animation sequence in the Subdivisions multiball? Of course thrilled that this machine is being made, but man, absolutely no Canadian references.

#4149 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Rush is very much a North American band and it was very much a Can-Am collaboration..
It's all good!

Suppose you're right that Rush's audience is North American and this is a terrific Canadian/US collaboration. However members of Rush (Geddy and Alex) choose to remain living in Toronto, b/c this is where their roots are and Toronto is an amazing city. If owners of this machine are fortunate enough to get an additional song like YYZ with the purchase of a topper, then the animation sequence has got to include Toronto landmarks.

#4150 2 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Have no fear my northern friend. There are a metric ton of 'Canadian references' in the callouts from Geddy and Alex.

True! But the typical East Coast Canadian stereotypical lingo (not that I don't appreciate it), but Rush isn't from the East Coast and probably don't actually speak that way. I do like the nod to Canada however in the call-outs.

#4218 2 years ago

These Rush flasher caps from Diddy's Pinball Mods are very impressive in person. Glad I ordered them and can't wait for my machine to arrive.

Flasher caps (resized).jpgFlasher caps (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#4326 2 years ago

Hey check-out this unboxing video of the Rush LE featured on "The Lonely Rocker"...

#4329 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

He puts the balls in straight from the baggy. No cleaning them or checking. Blasphemy!

Yeah! You're 100% correct! I fixed my mistake later and cleaned the balls with glass cleaner and a microfiber cloth.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craziestsinge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players?tu=craziestsinge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.