20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calgedy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 2 years ago

Bring it on! I am #3 on the RUSH LE list at Pirate Pinball in Benecia, California........ready to spend my 12K on what hopefully will be rated the #1 Pinball Machine of all time. If done right and with proper guidance from Rush fans and especially Rush band members/Hugh Syme, this pin could eclipse all other previously released rock pinball machines.

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Easy there.... Primus is considered progressive and may have the best bass player that ever lived....and already have a pinball machine!

LOL you ACTUALLY think Les Claypool is better than Geddy Lee? Laughable......Les, who is a GREAT bassist, couldn't hold Geddy's jock strap. Did you know that Les' #1 influence is Rush and Geddy Lee? Did you know that on Primus' last tour which ended a month ago, their entire 2nd set was a RUSH album all the way through? Yes you know lol......just poking fun at you. Look at the two bands catalogs.......again laughable. The Primus pinball machine sold like 300 units lol.......and was a colossal failure. Not taking anything away from Primus, but they are not in the same league as Rush, few bands if any are.

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Eddie Van Halens #1 influence was Eric Clapton, and he could mop the floor with him.
Not taking sides on who the better bass player is, just saying your logic is flawed.

My logic in this example is not flawed....... I did not say this is the rule......Rush is my all-time favorite band.....Dave era Halen is #2. Everyone is influenced by someone and in some cases yes, the influencer gets surpassed. Not in this scenario. I agree Eddie wipes the floor with Eric Clapton, but others would disagree.

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

It can't get here soon enough...my topper is almost finished!!!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Absolutely AWESOME!

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Relax dude. You are taking my comments way too seriously. I'm a fan of both bands. I saw Primus in NYC on the Rush tour and I have the pin (1 of a 100 that was commissioned by the band). I've also seen Rush live and will be in on this pin.

I am relaxed, thanks.......hence the poking fun at you comment. Congrats on your taste in music!

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Right - what you said exactly was "Les, who is a GREAT bassist, couldn't hold Geddy's jock strap. Did you know that Les' #1 influence is Rush and Geddy Lee?"
Translated, that sounds like 8th grade algebra - "Since Les idolizes Geddy, he couldn't possibly be better than him..........."
So yes, your logic IS flawed. The pupil can indeed become the master. Whether that's the case here or not is irrelevant, it's the thought process I commented on.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Thanks man....Merry Christmas!! Again....that is YOUR translation....it sounds like you need to be told you are right...you are right! LOL talk about 8th grade........no time for people like you.

#205 2 years ago

"Looking down from Olympus on a world of doubt and fear.............it's surface splintered into sorry (Pinball) Hemispheres".......would love to see them use 2112, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures as the artwork. Signals as well. THAT ERA PLEASE.........

#337 2 years ago
Quoted from WODKA:

Start an off topic thread about Rush then?

Rumours, wishes, suggestions etc. Pin related stuff in a pin related thread - simple as that. I'm here to read and learn about pinball.. im not interested in your favorite songs or to look at music videos. Theres an off-topic forum for a reason.

LOL.....sorry you are not a RUSH fan.

#420 2 years ago

Just watched it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT SONG SELECTION!!!!!!!!!!

#443 2 years ago

I was told I am a shoe in for an LE as I am at the top of the list at Pirate Pinball.....WOWZERS! Thankful that most of the songs are from their older catalog. I love all RUSH, but the mid to late 80's (when I was a teenager) was my least favorite era. 1976-1982 and the last 2 albums were my favorites.....unreal!

#556 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

This is a big deal and respect for Rush. Congrats Rush, Ed and Stern!

Correct.....This is simply MORE validation that they are one of the elite bands of all time. Which they easily are.....After decades of not getting the credit they always deserved.

#564 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I agree. Millions and millions of records sold but no many top 40 hits so not very top of mind to the general public.
I know a lot pinball people that are huge Rush fans though and that's what Stern knows.

Yes, I know two others that are getting an LE as well......Stern knows this will sell tons of units......every larger city has at least 25K Rush fans as they sold out most if not all of their shows from 1977 through 2015. Dream Pin. I have a feeling this will be in the TOP 10 on the TOP 100 list on this site within a month. If they nail the gameplay, which based on the song selection they will, it will be one of the greatest PINS ever.....just like RUSH. hehe

#569 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Curious to see what the art and features on this one might be like. I'm not a super-fan like some of you but I like their music and would buy one if its a fun pin. Track list sounds like good pinball music to me.

Hoping for anything from 1976 through 1982 (2112 through Signals).

#631 2 years ago

My apologies if I missed this.....my distributor said Stern is making 1000 LE's.

#634 2 years ago

The price has yet to be mentioned. They said that usually 1/3 to 1/2 of the pins are for overseas. My hope is only 1/3 or 1/4...

#637 2 years ago

Hoping it is the same, but it may be jacked up a bit ($500?) as COVID can always be blamed.

#780 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

I saw them in Oakland, 4th row on that tour. When they played subdivisions the roof came off the place!

I saw them in March 1990 in Oakland and then paid $125 (a lot of money back then) for the June 27, 1990 show at Shoreline for Section 102 Row DD. It was unbelievable and helped me become obsessed with RUSH. That show actually has a pro shot, soundboard bootleg that is widely circulated. I was 20. I have seen them every tour after that and multiple shows on every tour. Would always pay the steep price to be dead center about 15-20 rows back.....just in front of the soundboard for optimal live sound quality.

#797 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

That is awesome! So much influence to so many people. Their stamp on my life is not quantifiable. I saw them on 3/31/90 on this tour. Below is pic of the stub. I can’t tell what I paid?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice wall of ticket stubs! I was 22nd row dead center on July 23, 2015. What a show....they all were.....I saw the March 30th show, 1990. The soundtrack of my life. Rush is too complex for many, not this group. The amount of thought and care in every single song and every single part of their live performance goes UNMATCHED.

#830 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

As good as any Van Halen album IMO (which is saying a lot!)

No.......I am a HUGE Dave era Halen nut but IMO every Halen album blows doors off of Eat 'em and Smile, except Diver Down. With that being said, Eat 'em was Dave's ONLY good solo album. I actually saw that tour and 5150 Tour at the Cow Palace and liked the Dave show way more simply because he was still kind of trying and they played more than half the show was Halen. 5150 is an awesome album, but it is Sammy.....who I like, but it is not really real Van Halen. Singing songs like When It's Love and other keyboardy cheese soft songs is not Van Halen.

#920 2 years ago

Who said these won't sell LOL............the LE's are gone. Cannot wait.........

#974 2 years ago

YYZ and Natural Science or The Necromancer

#1051 2 years ago

Time Machine will send you into the Black Hole and Cygnus will start playing!

#1264 2 years ago

The LE looks awesome! They all do.......send me my LE now!!!!

#1481 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

They are supposed to at some point today. I wonder how many they sell....I bet its less than 5....

Pirate Pinball is sold out and I believe all 1000 LE have been spoken for. I tried to buy 2 from them and I was denied. Just put my 2K deposit down for the LE. BRING IT!!!!!!

#1629 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I'm in on an LE and couldn't be more excited. Rush and VH have been my favorite bands since I was 13 years old.

That's funny.....same with me.

#1815 2 years ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

Anyone hear when first LE's are going to start shipping?

Mid February. I was told by my distributor I should have it delivered by the last week of February.

#2144 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I like Alex but I think its more because I LOVE Eddie and VH is my 2nd all time favorite band. I think Alex is a great drummer but never cared for his solos. But I mean what drummer doesn't sit down and warm up with Hot for Teacher? That double bass shuffle is the best

As a similar person who likes RUSH the best and VH as 2nd in my hierarchy, IMO Alex Van Halen is a very good drummer, probably Top 30-40 but not elite. Everybody Wants Some and Hot For Teacher are elite drumming songs....but most of his playing is just very good.......this takes nothing away from AVH, but Neil is far superior. VH is all Eddie for me (Dave was a great, great front man back in the day, but was only a decent singer). Mikey held the low end well but was no flashy bass player. Just solid...... When I listen to VH, it's for the guitar work, not the drumming (mostly) and the overall ability of the combined band.

#2153 2 years ago

I think the more people like RUSH and the more albums people know of, the more people will like the cabinet artwork and backglass artwork. People who do not follow RUSH will not understand much of it and wonder what it all means. Some will be into the pin enough to venture into their catalog a bit and might get it a little more after? I love all 3 backglasses and cabinets. They are all very different and very RUSH.....It's like they made these pins for the diehard fans. Kind of like what RUSH did on their final tour in 2015. Played Jacobs Ladder at every show after tour upon tour of hearing from the fans that they wanted to hear it and played ALL that old material in the 2nd set. Look at the last 8-9 songs before the encore (this changed slightly depending on what show you saw) Tom Sawyer, YYZ or Red Barchetta, The Camera Eye, The Spirit of Radio, Natural Science, Jacobs Ladder, Hemispheres Prelude, Cygnus X-1 (only instrumental and cut somewhat), Closer to the Heart, Xanadu (all of it) and 2112 (4 of 7 parts). WHAT AN ENDING!!!!!!! The encore was money as well. I got an LE, cannot wait.

#2432 2 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Yeah a wet dream!!! I need to change my underwear.
This game is great. Hoping that all of us Rush fans can get what they would want. Nothing is sacred in my lineup anymore.

Yes 100%. Unbelievable. LE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2700 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Update on the Red Barchetta mod! I've completed a rough draft / prototype for one of two mounting options.
More details over in the Rush Toys/Mods thread -- https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it#post-6704408 -- but the short summary is I wanted to incorporate the "one-lane bridge" from the song, since it's a key plot point in the climax of the story. I tried to envision what type of bridge might be in the countryside, so here's my rough draft/prototype, shown in my Game of Thrones Pro. In Rush, this version would go on the straight section of ramp on the right side.
I'm also working on another version -- a curved section of road -- that could mount in the top left corner over the curved ramp section up there. I expect these two options would satisfy most buyers so I'll probably stop there, lol.
Here's a pic and vid, more info in the other thread. PM me to get on the waitlist -- I currently have 30 cars but 21 are already reserved, only 9 left!
[quoted image]

Awesome

#2734 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I respect all people's opinions, but that's comedy gold right there, calling Hold your Fire their masterpiece album. It was their worst album to date the year they released it. Although I absolutely love Time Stands Still.

Hold Your Fire is my least favorite RUSH album, Show of HANDS DOWN............although the recording of Subdivisions on that live album is wicked. Low End coming out of the beginning music verse.

#2831 2 years ago

I was trying to think of where I've seen the Geddy face on the playfield before......that character almost is a doppelganger of Richard Ramirez, aka The Night Stalker. Serial killer in the 80's. I showed this to several people at work and they laughed and agreed. Google him with sunglasses.

#2998 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Counterparts.. Probably my favorite Rush album

Counterparts is simply awesome. They reverted back to a heavier sound. Guitar heavy, great lyrics, many songs about relationships of one kind or another. I actually really like Presto as well, kind of a transition album but the album that got me into Rush. I was not really thrilled with Roll The Bones the album, but the tour was Fantastic. Bravado is really the only song that I love from RTB. I was thankful that on Counterparts, they had gone back to a heavier sound. I can't believe that album and tour were 28 years ago.

#3008 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I actually didn't mind Roll the Bones at all, I liked the song too. It was the time and hey, I understand some don't like.
Counterparts just rocks, great songs too. I listened to it beginning to end last week for the first time in a while and Im just amazed how good it really was. I was definitely more of an 80' and 90s Rush fan.

I was 21 when RTB came out and was and always will be an 80's music guy in general. Dreamline and Bravado are my favs, and the album isn't "bad", it's just not one my favorites. None of their albums are bad, but albums like RTB and HYF are at the bottom of the list. Heresy, Bet Your Life and others are listenable, but not something I am longing to hear. Presto had Available Light, which is totally awesome, great ender. War Paint, Scars, Hand Over Fist, The Pass, which is one of their best songs period and Anagram, lots to like on Presto including the title track. LOL, my least fav songs on Presto are the first two. I worship RUSH, but there are songs that just do nothing for me, not many though. That's what is so awesome about RUSH, they have so many albums and eras that all speak to different people in different ways. I was too young to know and understand RUSH during my favorite era, 1976 through 1983.....and too young to see them live. Bummer.

#3009 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

I was 21 when RTB came out and was and always will be an 80's music guy in general. Dreamline and Bravado are my favs, and the album isn't "bad", it's just not one my favorites. None of their albums are bad, but albums like RTB and HYF are at the bottom of the list. Heresy, Bet Your Life and others are listenable, but not something I am longing to hear. Presto had Available Light, which is totally awesome, great ender. War Paint, Scars, Hand Over Fist, The Pass, which is one of their best songs period and Anagram, lots to like on Presto. LOL, my least fav songs on Presto are the first two. I worship RUSH, but there are songs that just do nothing for me, not many though. That's what is so awesome about RUSH, they have so many albums and eras that all speak to different people in different ways. I was too young to know and understand RUSH during my favorite era, 1976 through 1983.....and too young to see them live. Bummer.

Counterparts Tour was short and sweet. 4 months after coming off of 10 months of touring with RTB. Cool setlist. They played Animate, Double Agent, Cold Fire, Nobody's Hero, Leave That Thing Alone and Stick It Out. Would have loved to hear Cut To The Chase live as well. Everyday Glory is another killer ender for an album, even though it is slower. Great last minute of the song.

#3010 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

IIRC in Beyond the Lighted Stage, they were taking about after the softness of Presto and Roll the Bones, they needed to do an album "with balls" ... so, Counterparts.

Yep.......and they did! I was sooooooooo happy they wanted to go back a bit to the power trio style.

#3012 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I just can't conceive how some of you guys are saying their later albums, 90s and beyond, are your favorite Rush albums. Its like saying you like like Pam Anderson now vs when she first got on the scene. But I love that you all love ANY Rush song and album, I just can't for the life of me imagine anything after Moving Pictures sounding better than what proceeded it in 74-80. But even my least favorite Rush songs/albums are better than most bands best work.

I agree, except for their last album, Clockwork Angels. Stellar, but I still prefer 2112, AFTK, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures and Signals over that one. Snakes and Arrows was really good too, Vapor Trails and Test For Echo not so much.

#3021 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

For sure!
Most bands change over time to some degree. Then there is Hagar vs Roth LOL.
I like most Rush but it was the Signals and Moving Pictures that got me going so I gre up with them from there...

I remember hearing Subdivisions (now my favorite RUSH song) on the radio when it came out and I was 12. I loved that song but was too young to really comprehend it fully and know who RUSH was. That era is unsurpassed.......

2 weeks later
#3581 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Man Headlong Flight is REALLY growing on me.
That goddamn bassline is DD's!

Headlong Flight IMO is the highlight of Clockwork Angels. It is heavy, melodic and just blows doors!

#3583 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I'm big on the Permanent Waves through Signals era and truly cannot stop listening to Headlong Flight. It rips.

And live it rips even more! My favorite song going as far back since the release of Signals.

1 week later
#3958 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I remember, as a teen, waiting up late to listen to the Dr. Demento radio show. I'd have my portable radio on the table, and my cassette recorder sitting in front of of it recording the show.
A year ago, someone on ebay had four auctions going. Each auction was for 5 seven inch reel to reel tapes, (all new Maxell tapes that had only been recorded on once, all in mint condition). All of these tapes were the Dr. Demento show, recorded in 1978.
I bought all 20 tapes.....Brough back a bunch of memories.[quoted image]

"They're coming to take me away haha, they're coming to take me away hoho hehe haha , to the happy home, where life is beautiful all the time. With trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers who smile and twiddle their thumbs, they're coming to take me AWAY haha"!!! Loved Dr. Demento.

#3960 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

What is great is that everyone has a favorite Rush era. Late late 80s Rush tends to get the most heat.
What do you guys think about Presto?
I’ve been revisiting it this week and enjoy the title track more than I remember. [quoted image]

I LOVE Presto........I was "late" to Rush and got into them at 19 years old in late 1989 when A Show of Hands came out. Presto has such a great vibe and has many catchy tunes. First album released after becoming obsessed with them so it also has sentimental value. Everything after the first two songs is money. The Pass and Presto are such mellow songs that have such meaning. Anagram, Hand Over Fist, War Paint, Available Light, even Red Tide!!!! Can listen to it over and over all the way through, even accepting of Show Don't Tell and Chain Lightning lol.

#3962 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Sorry if this has been posted but good article about how Robertson got involved and that yyz didn't make the cut because Villa beat it for the last song spot.. good read.
Ultimate Classic Rock: How Barenaked Ladies' Singer Helped Design Rush's Pinball Machine.
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/rush-pinball-barenaked-ladies/

Jesus, sub YYZ for The Big Money!

#4086 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Haven't been up to date lately, any word on the LE's?

2-3 weeks........from distributor today. I live in California though so it may be sooner back east?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calgedy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players?tu=calgedy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.