20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballykiss1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#527 2 years ago

Not a fan of the band but I hope you RUSH fans get the pin you deserve unlike us Led Zeppelin fans who got a crap fest. Happy for you guys and looking forward to see what Borg came up with unlike Ritchie’s Swan Song Stern pin.

#789 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I really thought Closer to the Heart would be there.

Not a good song for pinball

#790 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Was thinking about LZ sound package last night, and one thing that really irked me in that game was the sling sounds. They sound like lasers or something way more modern than I felt like should be on a Zep pin. I hope Rush has something that fits their vibe a bit better.

The pops sound is awesome, too bad the pin sucks. Big Led Zeppelin fan. Hopefully you guys don’t get a sucky pin.

#792 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I first became a fan when All The World's A Stage came out. I remember back then how hard it was even getting the album because none of the local record stores carried anything from Rush. I remember a girl once asked me what my favorite band was and when I said Rush, her reply was 'No, I meant real bands'. I remember getting tickets for the Farewell to Kings tour for $6.00 then getting snowed in and not seeing the show. I remember hearing Spirt Of The Radio being played on the radio and was stunned that suddenly Rush was getting airplay. Thinking back on all that, for a pinball machine to be created for the band is simply amazing.

Man you got a 3rd degree burn right there that definitely left some scars lol.

#1437 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Just look at it this way.. It makes sense.. LOTR is one of Ed's favorite if not his favorite game.. and it didn't need a motorized ramp to lift it up to the center. I just love that all models are amazing.. this was NOT the case with Led Zep or Godzilla, you had to have a Premium/LE to have anything remotely close to the same experience. Well done, Stern!

Godzilla pro is an amazing game. I played a LE and the mechs on it do not add to gameplay and to me was not worth the extra $2300 price tag over the pro. LZ rising electric magic spinner is good but again didn’t blow the pro out of the water.

Congrats to RUSH fans, glad Stern didn’t screw you over like they did to us Led Zeppelin fans. Pro definitely a good buy for the money. Premium art work on the cabinet looks terrible IMO.

#1615 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

How is that "fair"? That's close to 3k over msrp including tax. Fair would be using spooky's model with a larger quantity and let the buyer decide which model they want. Then maybe this BS flipping ends and buyers get what they really want. I would think Stern would ultimately make more money as well.

I do love the spooky model. Halloween is my first title and the CE is what I opted for. A lot there for the price.

#1980 2 years ago

Looking more and more forward to playing this. Can I possibly becoming a RUSH fan?? Really digging the pro. Only gripe for me is the bands faces on the playfield.

Alex looks really good, not sure WTH happened to John and Jeff. Alex has a nice realistic/cartoon look and good shading, and his eyes look great.

Wish they did the faces like on LZ.

#2129 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Anyone going to mod this for the start button?
I am in if you do!
[quoted image]

I bought one for my Godzilla and love it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05567-3d-start-button-rush

41240617-811B-4DA5-B7CF-F162504808E0 (resized).jpeg41240617-811B-4DA5-B7CF-F162504808E0 (resized).jpeg
#2142 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Hard to install?

Hardest part is just getting the start button cap off. It’s easy otherwise. He has a video showing you how to do it.

#2152 2 years ago
Quoted from SteelNation:

I’m pretty new to this hobby but got hooked quickly and I am now addicted to all things pinball. I’m a life long Rush fan and this will be my first NIB machine. I was really nervous this wouldn’t live up to what I’d imagined it could be. Since the release, I’ve been devouring every last detail I can find about this machine. The two Stern podcasts got me so pumped about the reality of actually owning this machine! There is clearly a lot of passion going into this project which makes me love it even more.
I saw Jacks stream tonight and the small bits of animation you could see looked great! I can’t wait to see this in action tomorrow.
This image from the Rush comic seems to be close to the playfield portraits.
[quoted image]

You will fair better than most Led Zeppelin fans like me. RUSH looks amazing. I am not a fan of the band but I am wanting to get a pro. Looking forward to the stream tomorrow. That will help with my decision for sure.

#2265 2 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I look forward to seeing the accessories and topper. Does seem odd that it wasn't revealed alongside the game.

People are still waiting for the Mandolarian topper, then for Godzilla. Expect a long wait.

#2295 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Someone comment on that in the stream tonight. I will try.

That’s crazy it doesn’t have cliffy’s on the scoops. That should be freaking standard especially since they jacked the price up again on RUSH. That’s crap that they left that out.

#2300 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yep..imagine when that whole area starts coming apart, it has to take a beating and it’s front and center in the middle of PF.

Exactly. Would cost stern NOTHING to put them in. Scoop areas are an eye sore when they are damaged and worn out. There is no excuse. My Godzilla has it and the AIQ. Another reason why I am done with buying NIB Stern pins. But in this market the secondary market isn’t cheaper.

#2379 2 years ago

I have to admit RUSH music goes great with pinball. Never liked them growing up and up till now, but I may stand corrected. The music works great for pinball and I may have to get a pro. Don’t care for the faces other than Alex, but love the artwork otherwise.

#2386 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

no way...... its completely different approach.

Yeah looks like it will be fun compared to GnR, so yes stern is taking a different approach.

#2389 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Music goes very well with pin indeed. Even better than I hoped.
These guys make the game look easy, I have a feeling it's going to be a steep learning curve for me anyway. All good. It will be bolted to the floor anyway.

yeah they do make it look easy. If I get 350 million I am happy.

#2413 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

GNR is such a unique take on pinball, it’s difficult to compare it to anything else. I think that’s why it’s so divisive- seems to be you either get it and love it or don’t get it and hate it.
I can’t see too many “hating” Rush. Maybe a few “meh”’s, especially if you’re not into the band, but it’s hard to see anyone not liking this game on some level.

I do not I mean did not like RUSH at all. I am 50 years old and I really am digging this pin ALOT. Sorry I keep saying that, but I am liking them more than I have ever had and I can’t wait to play it and I have my distributor letting me know when he learns what his allocation will be.

#2419 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The flaw in this is that GNR was never the GOAT...except in its light show, perhaps.

And after I saw the light show a couple of times not a big deal anymore. It shot like a dog. My daughters and I hated it. I like GNR but would have had major buyers remorse paying $11.5k for it. A pro RUSH for $6999 is a steal. Still not cheap though.

#2473 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty sure it's just the same on-board Spike2 amplifier they've had for years, and it is underpowered for driving the upgraded speakers, so if you want to crank it, a small external amplifier is a good choice.

Add a pinnovators adapter and an external powered subwoofer and you will be fine. Makes a big difference in the sound.

#2477 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, there are a lot of paths, but an external amplifier of some sort is central to all of them. The built in amp is just too wimpy.

On all my sterns the speakers are plenty loud with an external sub. The game is not a high end stereo system. Thanks f you want to piss off your neighbors or not hear yourself think then add an amp. It’s really over kill. Might as well add some tower speakers then.

#2478 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiball33:

Heard the band was very involved, unlike LZ.

All Paige and Plant did was limit Stern on what they could use and it shows. LZ looks like a home pin compared to RUSH. And I am a huge LZ fan. Still pissed about that one.

#2558 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

you can buy a 3 pack of receptacles with a remote off on switch on amazon,works great for me.

That’s what I use for my pins, jukeboxes, and my surround sound system /projector. Best and cheap solution. Only issue is remembering which number button turns on what lol.

#2562 2 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Hey there, since you have had games with both the Polk and Klipsch, can you comment on the comparison? Thanks!!!

I use a Polk, monoprice, and an onkyo. For me the onkyo surprisingly sounded the best. Did not really hear much of a difference between the Polk and the $60 monoprice sub I bought on Amazon.

#2650 2 years ago

Waiting to here what allotment my distributor will be getting. He’s just starting out and I bought two pins from him. Great guy. I will let you know when he tells me what and how many he is getting. I was able to hook a few people up with a Godzilla pro.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2701 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

That first sentence there reads as though you are giving reasons for why Rush is not in the hall of Fame, when in fact they are. I get what you are trying to say, though, and agree that they can be an acquired taste. But when you do acquire it, you truly appreciate the talent that is there.
I finished watching Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage on Netflix last night and highly recommend it.

Not bashing RUSH, I am really starting to get into them and really digging the pin, but the Hall of Fame is pretty much all political and the selection committee is ridiculous see Paul Stanley’s speech when KISS was inducted. Madonna and Laura Nyro is in there and Iron Maiden and Jethro Tull is not. To be honest the Hall of Fame is kinda of a joke.

#2703 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

For those that are having trouble understanding the genius of Rush (and I'm sorry God took a lunch break and put someone else in charge when your ears were made ) but go to youtube, and just listen to isolated tracks of Geddy's bass or Neil's drums. Unbelievable stuff. Example A

For many people like me and my wife, the issue was with Geddy’s voice. It definitely is very unique, but the high pitch of it was off putting. I couldn’t get into Styx either. Loving the pin and going to play some RUSH and give them a chance.

#2738 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Rush definitely didn't get in because of politics. They got in because legions of fans kept demanding they did get in.
They deserve their place there 110%.

I didn’t say they didn’t deserve it, but they don’t care what fans think. It’s very political.

#2740 2 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

The RRHF is a total joke and Alex was able to get that point across without actually torching the hall directly and by saying nothing more than blah. If he had done the standard thank yous, his speech would have been lost in the sea of other thank you speeches given by hundreds of inductees before him. Genius to some, absurd to others, but as it stands now, his "speech" is absolutely remembered and is still being discussed here 9 years later.

That was my point, the Hall is a joke. I am from Cleveland and never went to see it. The people who do the voting are usually a joke. See what Paul Stanley thinks about it. He sums it up completely. Again I never said RUSH doesn’t deserve to be in there, but also can’t say because someone is means they deserve it also.

#2763 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

So much better than how they botched GZ apron
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"d2d5d1636e9f345f24bfdbcb5d63f6885ac6766b-1641780101-1800"};
//]]>

Yeah it pretty bad. I need to print a card to put below the IC reader. Wish they supplied an alternative with it to put in.

#2783 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What am I missing? Looks fine.
[quoted image]

The pro one doesn’t look good unfortunately. LE looks great on Godzilla

#2796 2 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

LMAO. GNR is unique and nothing shoots like it. Rush is like several Borg layouts. I love them all, but come on man...

There are a lot of pins that shoot crappy like GNR

#2852 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

That's not cool at all. One of the reasons I sold Maiden was because of that.
We're going to get 15 seconds of Cygnus at a time? Hopefully this is changed on a later update. Again - MET and KISS got it perfect.

totally agree with this. I noticed that the songs would change a lot during play. For a music pin I actually want to hear the song, not a sample. Hopefully they change it.

#2864 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I believe the conversation was more about abrupt and frequent changes, not total uninterrupted playing of a song.

Exactly!!

#2865 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I get the complaints about how the playing of songs might be implemented into the gameplay and rules but, if you want to hear un-interrupted songs, might I suggest a stereo? Not to be a jerk about it or anything but wouldn't that solve the issue of hearing pieces of songs at a time?

Funny when people say not trying to be a jerk end up sounding like a complete jerk.

#2885 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Watching the Deadflip stream, and it seems odd to me that when a multiball drains to single ball it still stays in the multiball song (instead of toggling back to the song mode you were in or the track you chose at the start of play). Not sure how I feel about that.

Shouldn’t stay on the song once the multiball ends. At least early code and hopefully they fix it. Don’t know Tim Sexton’s history, will he stay with coding updates with it? I started collecting pinball in 2019. At least Munsters finally got a code update.

#3043 2 years ago
Quoted from bestbrad:

What's up with the lack of new Stern toppers lately? They've been hot sellers. But the last new creation was Led Zeppelin, right? And it was released around when the game was revealed, so it's been a year.
Nothing for Mandalorian or Godzilla. Any word on those?

Zeppelin was the last one. Hell people are still waiting on their Mandolarian premiums from May of last year. Stern needs to farm out their accessories department. Not even shown Godzilla side armor even or release art blades for it. I went with wizard mod art blades.

#3044 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

"This is the greatest rock band of all time. Sorry."
Holy hell. I haven't seen that Frankfurt performance of animate but damn that was great way to start the day.
I have the same rush playlist that I always listen to while I'm out on the tractor mowing the 7 acres in my backyard, so I get two or three hours of solid rush in my noise canceling headphones every weekend during the summertime. And if there's more work to do in the backyard that's just more rush to listen to. I always look forward to spending a day doing that.
And this is one of my favorite songs on it. Of course all the Rush songs on my playlist are my favorite songs too, but you know what I mean.
Thanks for this video! And thanks Stern for making this pin, Even though I'm not buying one, So all us rush fans could come together on pin side and talk about and share our love and respect for Rush. Just awesome.

To you RUSH is the greatest, but there are many greatest rock bands. Queen, Montrose with Sammy, AC/DC, Cream, ect. They are your favorite but RUSH never attained the global success like AC/DC. REM sold more records than RUSH. Glad you love them, but for most people they don’t agree with that.

I am not saying RUSH sucks, but there are many greatest bands. I am not a fan but I am considering getting a pro and RUSH is growing on me and want to give them a chance. Great music for a pin. I am pleasantly surprised.

#3085 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If that's vinyl you're talking about, I'm over the surface noise. I get there's a certain analog "warmth," but having grown up on vinyl, I think the world moved on for a reason. I believe we're just in a nostalgic vinyl Renaissance right now.

Sound is better on vinyl, older vinyl anyway compared to cd. You do have surface noise if the record is dirty or a crappy needle, but you hear more on the vinyl pressings. When you transfer to cd it compresses the sound and you loose some sounds. Played yellow submarine on vinyl and I missed highs that I didn’t hear on the cd

#3134 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I don’t think either one is a Rush fan so theme and music will both be negatives and score poorly.
Zach did mention last week that he’s gotten more interest in Rush already than he has gotten in LZ in the entire time since release. Goes to show that number of records sold doesn’t directly translate to pin sales.

Record sales don’t mean anything when you release a crappy pin. I love Led Zeppelin but will never buy one. I am not a RUSH fan but I am really interested in getting a pro. A great game can draw in a non fan like me. At least till I play it. It looks great. Played LZ and got bored with it. Just a pin with a juke box playing LZ songs.

#3135 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

BTW- I'm in on the pro. The lack of expression lighting on the premium did it for me. If Stern is listening, it should be included on the premium just in case there's a Black Sabbath in our future.

Price is definitely up there for expression lighting. The premium should have had it. $600 is a lot for it. $499 would be easier to swallow. The up-charge on the premium would have been more justified if they included the expression lighting on the premium. Pro is the way to go for me and prefer the pro art package anyway.

#3208 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

All models advertised with standard, double-entry coin doors, I'm not expect anything less. It's probably not a good idea to keep letting go of things and being OK with it, it's good to call things out. If not, next thing you know, we'll have a home model as a Pro & the LE's will look like Pro's. No apologies here.[quoted image]

Totally agree. A lot of companies are doing this. Keep price the same or raise but get less than what you used to get. See this with food.

#3213 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I would love the option to delete the coin mech and save some money.
They are so few coin based operators left it's almost a joke.

You honestly think stern will decease prove if they removed the coin door ? I don’t want my pin looking like a home pin.

#3214 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

I would be OK with it too if they provided a sheet of HD glass and shaker motor, but that's just it.. they won't.. careful what you wish for folks, it's a business, so there will be no HD glass, no shaker motor, no Expression lighting, and yes, no coin mechs. As a matter of fact, if they ship without this? Then we'll be buying all of those things + the coin door from Happ. I wonder when enough will be enough for most? Seems to me that all these features should be expected at these prices. I like the coin operated look, especially if you have a home arcade with classic games, it fits in much better no matter old or new games.

Exactly. I don’t use the coin mechs and with the coin door as is I love the look of it. If people show interest in NOT having a coin door, no way in hell will the price go down. At this point we should hope stern doesn’t take things away. Prices are insane at this point as it is on what we are getting.

#3375 2 years ago

These shadow boxes are available at sideshow collectibles if anyone is interested.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/rush-roll-the-bones-artovision-910165

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/rush-moving-pictures-artovision-910164

1A64F540-8304-4358-A2AD-2220B366E97F (resized).jpeg1A64F540-8304-4358-A2AD-2220B366E97F (resized).jpegF68E4472-D8ED-4AEC-8056-DC02E443278D (resized).jpegF68E4472-D8ED-4AEC-8056-DC02E443278D (resized).jpeg
#3382 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Like those! Need to wait for the pin though.. Will keep in mind thanks.

No problem. Your welcome!

#3426 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

I put about 10 games on one today in St. Louis. It was fun. I spent 4 hours playing mostly Rush and Godzilla. Both are a lot of fun. I don't have a whole lot more to say about it.

Worst review ever

#3427 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

It's ok. Everything I buy or do these days is delayed or late.
Getting used to it.

Hopefully your wife or girlfriend isn’t late

1 week later
#3912 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

They are both very cool.
But my vote still goes to the Rush Shadowbox that someone posted a few pages back.

That was me and glad you liked it.

1 week later
#4190 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Here are the pics of the different blue flipper rubbers, to be honest I didn’t think the black looked that bad, but these light blues are growing on me. Let’s all be thankful Stern didn’t put yellow flippers in this game
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am in San Tan Valley would love to play it. Congrats

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 35.00
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballykiss1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players?tu=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.