20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider backflipper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#340 2 years ago

Was this a clue? Has it been pointed out before? I was watching Stern's install video for insider connected and noticed the tabs she had opened on her computer while registering her LZ. I actually got dizzy with excitement.

IMG_4800 (resized).jpgIMG_4800 (resized).jpg
#358 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

The fact that they removed the video means sloppy Quality in their media dept. I also think it means that the reveal has been delayed

I hope not. I really hope the girl (or anyone else) did not get in trouble. I really didn't think I was the first to notice it. It could have been a coincidence???

#467 2 years ago

If you are not familiar with Rick Beato or even perhaps, what makes Rush "Great," check out this video. I am a big fan of both.

#714 2 years ago

Anybody willing to take some guesses on what we will see on the game? I am guessing the central toy will be a time machine based on the teaser video. We will have to hit something to determine if we are travelling forward or backward in time when we get it in the time machine. Travelling in time will take us to a song which will be a mode. The songs start in 1974 and they could technically take us all the way to 2112 in the future (even though the album was from 1976) which could be a mini or final wizard mode. Just my guess. What is yours?

#809 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

My dealer told me the announcement is next Tuesday.

It's going to be a long weekend.

#863 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

Stupid question-Are details coming out on Tuesday the 4th?? Or Tuesday the 11th?

Possibly Monday the 3rd, but certainly by the 4th.

#1245 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I wonder if Stern was directed to him by Rush? All the models look great - it definitely isn't phoned-in art.

Kaneda was "way wrong" on this one. He implied the art was going to be terrible, and I think they knocked all 3 versions out of the park.

#1372 2 years ago

Okay modders, who is going to make some clothes dryers and a vending machine for my game? Or some chicken rotisseries? Or this keyboard?

cb18ea52ccbac87ad5972f10ad12552a (resized).jpgcb18ea52ccbac87ad5972f10ad12552a (resized).jpgclassic-rock-10.2015-12 (resized).jpgclassic-rock-10.2015-12 (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpgmobile-productions-monthly-09.2011-4 (resized).jpgmobile-productions-monthly-09.2011-4 (resized).jpg
#1464 2 years ago

A letter from the artist. Learn more here: http://www.sunburndesigns.com/about/

So the time has come - I can Finally share a huge project I’ve been working on! The latest Stern Pinball release - for RUSH!!!
Quick backstory on this one…..over the years I’d reached out to Stern in hopes of working on a pinball machine design with them. Usually I never would hear back. And then in 2020 I got a call from the art director. He said if I wanted a crack at the next release, they were going to have 4 or 5 artists submit their ideas/rough art for their next big rock themed release. After signing a non disclosure I was told it would be for Rush! I found out on my birthday in Aug of 2020 that I got the gig.
I’ll be honest - I knew who Rush was, but I was never a huge fan….they’re just slightly before my time. But once I started the project I had to dive in - I watched documentaries, videos, read as many articles as I could, etc. I really liked what I heard!
Anyway, I spent a year working on all the custom art for the game - 3 games actually, the pro, premium and limited Edition. Plus the Playfield, all the cabinet art, plastics and a million other pieces that go into these!
I was also put in touch with a guy named Ed. I was told Ed was a Canadian musician and good friends with the band. He was helpful conveying ideas to the band and he’s a huge pinball enthusiast. Turns out - Ed is the singer for Barenaked Ladies!!!
Some of my friends will remember that I took a trip to Chicago last summer…..it was actually to visit the Stern Plant and meet the crew. What an amazing group of people. Seriously - if you knew all the stuff that went into these machines you’d be blown away!
I’m hoping this will lead to many future projects with Stern. They’re sort of the big dogs in the pinball world which has made a massive resurgence in the last few years. Stern often gets the licenses for the Star Wars, Marvel, blockbuster-sized movies and more. Leading up to Rush, they’ve done Metallica, the Beatles, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin and Iron Maiden.

#1544 2 years ago

I love the way that Stern subtly changed the art on the left and right side of the cabinets on the LE AND on the premium. They could have sold out and went with the 100% mirror image, but they didn't. Really happy about that. Also, the foil look on the LE really intrigues me. They did it on Godzilla LE, Batman SLE and on Elvira 40. Pictures never do it justice - really looking forward to seeing it in person.

As a side note, I think the LE went up in price, not only due to the flippers getting top dollar on previous LE's, but because this is the first game with Insider Connected, Foil art, and the Expression Lighting system all together.

#1550 2 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Persistence truly pays off! Congrats on getting the

Looks like persistence DOES pay off!
Artwork looks great and as a big Rush fan this game is on my list. Problem is, I’m maxed out on basement space and not ready to move any of my current games. Will watch the stream and see if that moves the needle for me.
Congrats from a fellow pinball neighbor to your north (North Aurora). Nice seeing the fox valley well represented on this game. Your artwork is Very nice! Especially love the “Hoot Again”!

Sorry, It's not my art. Just found the letter from the artist and posted it here. Wish I had that kind of talent. lol

#1656 2 years ago

The answers to many of the questions I see here related to songs, design, art, etc... can be found on the Stern Insider podcast with Ed Robertson. It is about an hour of pure joy for those who want to learn about the making of this game. It feels like more love/research/heart/passion/humor/work went into this game than almost any other Stern ever made. I have owned every LE and Super LE from Stern since Tron (except Mustang) and I have never been more excited about a game coming out. The game looks like a "greatest hits" album from your favorite artist applied to a pinball machine. It has all my favorite features from other games put into one game. I just can't wait to see gameplay and animations.

#1680 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

From hearing the podcast on stern a couple of true tidbits came out.
2112 is the entire side 1, and not just the overture. This means a lot to us who love their music.
Rush allowed their entire music and art catalog to be used.
There are over 800 callouts in the game. Apparently this is very different than the LZ involvement.
I think all three art packages are very uniquely Rush with many hidden gems. This pin has the look that will be easily be recalled in many years for its outstanding overall presentation.
Rush obviously helped make this pinball with the dedication that has spanned their entire career.

Yeah, it was funny to hear that the guys in Led Zeppelin didn’t even know that there were callouts in the games. They thought it was just bells and chimes. Rush really wanted to learn everything about the game, how it would operate, how the songs would be incorporated, but mostly, how they could incorporate their sense of humor. This is the part I look forward to probably more than anything. Just hearing them having some fun. It also sounds like Ed doing the call outs in behalf of Neil is really going to add to the game as well. The story of hearing how they created Neil’s voice in 2112 and how they re-created it for the game makes the podcast worth listening to.

#1960 2 years ago

The art looks correct on the left side and it is certainly mirrored. I wonder what happened in the flip???

geddy (resized).pnggeddy (resized).png
#2061 2 years ago

I really hope that everyone who watches Jack's stream tomorrow remembers that it was exactly two years ago, January 7th, 2020, that the world lost Neil Peart. He was truly one of the top 3 or 4 drummers who ever lived (I think he was #1) and, he was a wonderful, intelligent, deep-thinking, loving, genius who gave everything had to this wonderful art we call music. I'm not sure if Stern even realizes that they are showing gameplay on the anniversary of his passing, or maybe it was on purpose. All I know is that, as a Rush fan, this event will be a wonderful tribute to his life.

I would love if Tim Sexton hid an Easter Egg in the game for every January 7th. That would be so cool.

R.I.P. Professor. We miss you.
GettyImages-1199870671_411811 (resized).pngGettyImages-1199870671_411811 (resized).pngGetty_NealPeart630_010721 (resized).jpgGetty_NealPeart630_010721 (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2213 2 years ago

Can someone please tell me the time and link for the reveal tonight? Thanks is advance.

#2634 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

RUSH flasher cap covers inspired from Neil Peart's steampunk drums.....these will be sold in sets of 2 or 4[quoted image]

Please let us all know when you have them for sale. You are going to sell a ton of those.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 35.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider backflipper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players?tu=backflipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.