20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider analogkid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 2 years ago

Anyone know a good place to get on the list for this? I've never had a machine that I knew I had to own before even seeing one inch of it!

1 week later
#1473 2 years ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

I snagged a insider LE, can't wait! got lucky and had the page open.

Congrats!! I had it open too and was refreshing all day....I guess that 1/2 a second I mistakenly looked away was when it actually showed up on their site. Sucks for the rest of us that they only offer so few this way.

#1827 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

A fun Rush Story from me...
Many years ago I was vacationing with my family at a particularly fancy place in the Bahamas. One night, on the way in to the dining room I spot the unmistakable backlit silhouette of Geddy Lee, who to my Surprise addresses me first! "Ed?", he says, surprised. "Ged!", I say excitedly. We managed to share a meal or two over the course of the week long vacation, and I try to play it cool as best I can.
The following year we find ourselves at an even fancier spot in Hawaii, and who is also at the same resort?? Geddy and his family!! Crazy. We manage a meal or two.
Year Three. I'm at a Four Seasons somewhere on the Mexican Coast, and a guy approaches me at the pool, and says, "Is it Canadian Music Week here? I just met Geddy Lee over by the other pool!". I walk over and stare in disbelief as THREE YEARS IN A ROW I have surreptitiously booked THE SAME RESORT at the SAME TIME as Geddy and his family. I say, "Ged... Are you stalking me?? Do we have the same Travel Agent?" We don't, by the way.
Geddy laughs, and says "See you at Dinner?". So, after a few meals together Ged says, "I don't know if you know this about me, but I'm somewhat of a "Birder". The Blue Footed boobies are currently nesting on a small chain of islands close by here. I've rented a sail boat to go check them out in a couple of days. Would your family like to join us?".
"That would be fantastic!", I say truly looking forward to the excursion, the boat, the birds, hanging with Ged etc.
I return to my room and I check my email. I have an email from a good friend of mine in Minneapolis. My pal (And amazing drummer!), Eric Fawcett has written to say, "Ed- I HATE to ask this, but I know you're sort of tight with the Rush guys. They're coming to Minneapolis and all the good seats are sold out. Would you mind asking for a good pair of tickets for me? I'm more than happy to pay"
I responded, "Eric- I'm going to answer this email like the 12 year old inside of me would have wanted me to. I'll ask Geddy for your tickets while we're sailing off the West Coast of Mexico doing some bird watching together on Friday afternoon!"
Eric responded right away, "I love how you roll!"[quoted image]

Thank you Ed for not only helping to bring the absolutely lifetime dream of a pinball theme to reality- but the stories about Geddy and Alex and your experiences with them - ALMOST makes waiting for the delivery of my machine bearable....

#1848 2 years ago
Quoted from EMDude:

It appears the ball jumps onto the p/f from the plunger launch and the ball can slip back down to the plunger from behind the 3rd flipper. Have we seen this on prior Borg games? Thoughts?

Yeah they say on the insider podcast that it goes back to the plunger and autoplunges back around to the pops - it's also one of the extra ball shots. Same basic shot on TWD.

#2031 2 years ago

Everyone knows the 4th and 5th members of Rush- John and Jeff. Duh.

#2047 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I keep seeing post on Pinside saying that Rush resembles so many other past pinball machines. I just got into the hobby last year and think this is a great Pin. I don't care if it was a carbon copy of X-Men, LOTR, or TMNT. Fun is Fun. It's like complaining that a board game is square like other board games and the pieces move around it. lol. I am really looking forward to my Premium. I just don't know if I should go Pinstadium or Expression lighting?

The expression lighting is a BILLION times better than Pinstadium- and it's tied into the gameplay (and doesn't block any of your view of the playfield, etc.).

#2053 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Really looking forward to this
Popcorn and Rush beer ready to go!

Not fair!!! We still cant get the Rush beer in the states (I hear March maybe).
Have a two-four for us, eh!

#2079 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Was just playing you made the choice for You and thats all that matters! Did get in on an LE as this is a band I always enjoyed as a kid. Luckily if I have any issues John Borg is my neighbor so I can just knock on his door if anything goes wrong lol. Will say as I don't think he would mind me sharing, he REALLY put everything he had into this game (which he usually does) as a huge fan and Does see this thread. Like most artists he was a bit nervous if his vision and creation would live up to the expectations of Pinside but was Very happy to see the responses so far. I personally couldn't ask for more then he has put into this dream band game and we hope to add our personal touch of creation on it with his blessing.

Tron was one of my two absolute dream themes - (and was responsible for my current pinball addiction). I met John Borg at expo and discussed it numerous times and he's always so kind and cool and will take the time to really answer your questions and give you insights. When my 2nd dream theme of Rush came up- and I found out he was responsible for this one as well- I couldn't have been more excited. Well....when I get my LE I imagine I'll be a bit more excited. Pass along my (our) thanks!!!

#2092 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Can someone please recommend to me a good distributor? I want to deal with someone who is good but doesn’t already have too much business where they don’t return your phone call. Thanks

A couple weeks ago I asked the same question and was directed to Jason at classicgamerooms.com. He got me on the list for an LE (no markup above the MSRP)- super responsive to emails - so far has been awesome to deal with.

#2578 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The ball hits LOTR’s Balrog on a metal plate…I put a rubber pad on mine. I wonder if there’s room for a rubber pad on the metal part of the time machine.

Well, it’s also the nature of Alex & Geddy. While their music rocks & is perfect for pinball, they're just chill humble corny guys IRL. In a rock game, you sorta want the voices to be more aggressive. AC/DC’s “Devil” & Met’s Sparky/Snake work. The Met band voices mostly work with the tone as well (Metal up your ass!!! Jack f*ckin’ pot!!!) There seemed to be some more energetic ones in the behind the scenes video, so hopefully it’ll improve as they add & edit.

You mean - "NICE FREAKIN SHOT"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider analogkid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players?tu=analogkid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.