20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vespula.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2239 2 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

[quoted image]

Twitch Rush gameplay reveal isn't showing on the deadflip channel schedule. Is this a secret?

https://m.twitch.tv/deadflip/schedule

#2258 2 years ago

Better then GZ? Have you played that?

#2278 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Its no GZ beater but its got a lot of fantastic shots.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

oh but it absolutely pisses all over GNR.

I was giving you props for your what appeared to be fair and possibly accurate analysis but now you just lost all credibility on that last comment... No way the only thing pissing on GnR is you. I might have held onto it if you said, as good, just as fun as or right up there with.... Haters gonna hate. I can't wait to play this pin.

#2284 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Different strokes - I've tried to play GnR at least 5 times on location and am a fan of the band, but I've always walked away after one game disappointed. It probably needs to be in a home environment to be appreciated. I just don't think JJP games click with me, apart from Dialed In.

You nailed that point perfect.
I was disappointed when I had to pay 2 bucks for a game that kicked my ass in a noisy environment and had rules I didn't understand and wasn't going to pay hundreds and hundreds of dollars on location to get into it and only scratch the surface. I didn't mind investing 10k to own it. I was hooked when it released, put in my deposit without even seeing it or playing it... Finally played it on location months later and it was everything and more...and 11 months later it's now bolted to my floor and Loving it as I get to learn and enjoy it immensely. Still reading,? Lol.

Not meaning to sidetrack and now getting back on topic, but I'll say for me I think Rush has me almost as excited ...but not enough to commit without playing it.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

home environment makes no difference.

absolutely not true. Ludicrous comment

#2395 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

With all due respect, if GNR is the only game you have--and it's your first game--then I bet you think it's the greatest game ever made. I thought the same thing when I got WOZ, my first game.
Now I know better.

Don't be so narrow-minded. WOZ got dethroned. That's why you know better. You had the best until it wasn't. GnR gets it's time until the next GOAT. First pin that I ever wanted to own because it is.
Owned 1, yes, but I grew up in arcades, I've played plenty. That being said, Rush looks awesome. Is it the new GOAT? Nope.

#2408 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You may be in the wrong thread?

Nope. But I could see how you'd think that.

#2410 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

GNR is such a unique take on pinball, it’s difficult to compare it to anything else. I think that’s why it’s so divisive- seems to be you either get it and love it or don’t get it and hate it.
I can’t see too many “hating” Rush. Maybe a few “meh”’s, especially if you’re not into the band, but it’s hard to see anyone not liking this game on some level.

Well said. Agree completely.
Rush will be worth the wait! Great job.

#2412 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The flaw in this is that GNR was never the GOAT...except in its light show, perhaps.

Twipy said it was. Lol.
Your turn.

#2415 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You basically took my turn for me.

Touche'

#2542 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

That's what I was afraid of, and for me that would be a disappointing miss when basically every song is a story.

Are you saying if each song has the same rules or "tournament" objectives then its really just a Rush jukebox with pinball machine built in?

#2732 2 years ago

The Warriors.. great cult classic!

I've really been enjoying this pin pulling all us rush fans together and reading all these posts from all the Rush fans in one place! Love the dialogue and comments from casual to die hard fans... And also the polite commentary for people who may be just discovering them for the first time (I'm jealous somewhat) or for the "up to moving pictures" fans who may now be more interested or considering to revisit and explore the greatness in their post moving pictures works and others they haven't considered ....

Great stuff!

#2773 2 years ago

Pass me a towel please

#2794 2 years ago

That video may have been a different pin / different code? No expression lighting.

#2825 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

LOL - no, absolutely the case. I had the game at home for a month (shortest ever) and I put over 100M on it several times and I've honestly no idea how I did it. I think fortunately for me the game fell apart and I returned it to my dealer.

I think you missed the context. The conversation was based on this:

Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Different strokes - I've tried to play GnR at least 5 times on location and am a fan of the band, but I've always walked away after one game disappointed. It probably needs to be in a home environment to be appreciated. I just don't think JJP games click with me, apart from Dialed In.

You stating appreciation for the game "makes no difference" in the home vs. on location GnR is ludicrous - so you must have misunderstood the conversation was about game play - it takes a lot of time, and effort to learn and there are many ways to play it ... you had it a month, and still you had no idea how you got 100m because you had spent no time learning the game. Imagine trying to do that on location? forget it.... Returning it for "falling apart" is a totally different conversation and maybe that is what you meant. I dunno.

#2827 2 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I owned one for 2 Months. 2 Months because I waited for 1 Month for a part to come from Jersey Junk!
Sold it! Was not getting played! Reason why it was not getting played? I got my Led Zep in at the same time the part came in to fix GNR. Fixed it! Then I was choosing to play Led Zeppelin instead. To me, It was way more fun! The flow on that game is sick!
From what I remember of GNR.......
Lots of chopping wood!
I do NOT miss it!

Thanks for sharing! We had similar experiences but different games. I tried zep on location and kept going back to GnR. I liked it but To me GnR was way more fun. That's when I knew I had to own it because I kept wanting to go back and play it and soon realized there was no way I could dive deep into this pin on location at 2 bucks a game and just too noisy. No regrets and I'm barely scratched the surface of it.... now that my work day is over... about to go rock on it now, as a matter of fact. Enjoy your Zep! Great band.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2834 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

clearly I am being ludicrous and I have no clue what I’m talking about

Agree with this. Listening isn't your strength, I get it. Listening to you isn't mine.

#2859 2 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Agreed! Quintencential RUSH:

GOOSEBUMPS!

#2880 2 years ago

I am watching https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip
and see it continually jumping off the songs all the time and favoring the same 5 out of 16(?) songs is annoying me.

#2888 2 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Imagine JJ decided on Rush instead of GNR and used Show of Hands concert footage to make their concert pin.
Then imagine Stern did GNR.
Just thinking out loud here.

Teleport me to this alternate universe immediately.

#2890 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can Ray and Tim go over to JJ and code it too? Oh and can the engineers at stern go over there and make the flippers too? Haha

That was one of the most polite body slams I've ever seen.

#2894 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Stern should have done GNR. Maybe they wouldn’t have butchered that plunge shot. One of the worst in pinball!

Ahem, it's not a plunge shot, it's a skill shot. There's a difference. Force vs finesse. This is a common misunderstanding.

#2924 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

So I’m taking it pinball has now officially moved on from boobs in favor of naked men .

It IS better theme integration with balls

#3022 2 years ago

Moving pictures tour and album hooked me. Went to see them live in signals tour and Grace under pressure tour. Regret not sticking with it now but those concerts are two of my favorites I've ever been to. Other memorable for me was ac/dc for those about to rock tour and u2 Joshua tree tour and the cure disintegration tour are a few that I won't forget.

I can still close my eyes and see the moment when all the spotlights above the stage in synchronized fashion fan across the arena and fall into place as one spot on Alex the exact moment he breaks into his killer guitar solo in limelight. What a Rush!

#3042 2 years ago

"This is the greatest rock band of all time. Sorry."

Holy hell. I haven't seen that Frankfurt performance of animate but damn that was great way to start the day.
I have the same rush playlist that I always listen to while I'm out on the tractor mowing the 7 acres in my backyard, so I get two or three hours of solid rush in my noise canceling headphones every weekend during the summertime. And if there's more work to do in the backyard that's just more rush to listen to. I always look forward to spending a day doing that.
And this is one of my favorite songs on it. Of course all the Rush songs on my playlist are my favorite songs too, but you know what I mean.
Thanks for this video! And thanks Stern for making this pin, Even though I'm not buying one, So all us rush fans could come together on pin side and talk about and share our love and respect for Rush. Just awesome.

#3047 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Just checking in ... This is a pinball thread isn't it?

Only if you're not a Rush fan, like BallyKISS1978 , but if you are then it's wayyy more than that. Statistics don't matter to a rush fan it's all about three incredible friends and musicians, and the music.
And as bally pointed out it is all personal opinion. Rush fans are proud of this Because It keeps that little Canadian trio that much more special.... Record sales, metrics and selling out to the corporate stuff don't factor in And would only devalue.

Maybe you guys need to start a new thread that says
Rush pin, pinball talk only No fans allowed.

#3052 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And I still buy CDs...streaming is fine when I'm on the move, but nothing beats a well mastered CD IMO.

Nothing?

20220115_133223 (resized).jpg20220115_133223 (resized).jpg
#3058 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If that's vinyl you're talking about, I'm over the surface noise. I get there's a certain analog "warmth," but having grown up on vinyl, I think the world moved on for a reason. I believe we're just in a nostalgic vinyl Renaissance right now.

Fair point. Ready for my counter argument to your argument? you knew it was coming... But I'm really not disagreeing with you actually.
I grew up with it too, and renaissance or not, vinyl and cassette is how I'm accustomed to the sound.
CDs really weren't that good when they came out and I was an early adopter/experimenter. People were guessing at how to use this new medium and produce recordings when analog was the standard.
Just listen many (most?) to 80s and 90s CDs compared to vinyl. Many hurt my ears. Clarity and absence of surface nose wasn't worth that. It's all over the map.
They made a lot of progress after that and very few CD were adopted by audiophiles over vinyl still... then enter the remaster and gold cd trends after the turn of the millennium. Electronics improved, experience and time produced many great sounding CDs. And as a result of that audiophiles started embracing recordings on CD as a viable and acceptable acoustically satisfying medium. Today they both produce sounds but they don't do it with the same qualities. I get to decide what suits my mood, because digital and analog are both great to me. I'm an analog kid but a digital man.
There's always purest vs technical arguments but you are right the world has embraced vinyl now more on the basis of nostalgia and trend. Not so much on sound. The CD vs vinyl ambiance to me is likened to a gas fireplace vs wood burning. Each on it's own merits contributes a different experience but in the end they both are producing fire plus or minus those merits. I appreciate what both offers.

#3133 2 years ago

Hmm Stern website says MSRP $6899 still. Lol

Screenshot_20220117-141823_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220117-141823_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3138 2 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Wow you gotta hand it to Stern for capacity and efficiency.. in one pic Stern is gonna roll out more games than JJP does in a month!

Hmm, yeah, kind of like Tesla vs. Nissan?

#3140 2 years ago

I love the pin, btw.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3169 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just posted ad for my RUSH 3D flipper toppers: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/128270
[quoted image]

Very nice. Wish starman's feet were at 7 o'clock on right flipper, and 5 o'clock on left flipper, so he's more upright than sideways from the word Rush. Anyone else agree?

#3175 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I know it's not included, but Lakeside Park is an awesome song! It has been stuck in my head for a couple days now.

+1
Ah it's started for you. FYI, It doesn't unstick.
One of my favorites.
The last line of that song is the dagger and has been stuck with me for decades and to this day.

I've never physically been there but we've all visited Lakeside Park many times. Lyrically and musically a brilliant song..

#3181 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No, I think they look great and happy to have a set on the way.

Then clearly I must be wrong.
dont misunderstand me, they are great as is.
I have his covers on my Gnr... they are the best.
He did some GNR variations by request, so why not Rush as well, no?

His ARE (imo) the best.

shitty quality 30 second mockup but you get the idea..
2022-01-18_11-33-21 (resized).jpg2022-01-18_11-33-21 (resized).jpg

#3197 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think Mr Tantrum will really appreciate your evaluation of his product. Congrats

Oh do you know him? Or is that sarcasm? With all your opinions flying around I have a hard time telling the difference.

#3283 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

The challenge is that I can't make the icon any smaller due to print limitations. There is a little room to rotate, but even then the orientation would not be exactly as desired. Therefore, the decision was made to align perpendicular to the bat's length.

Appreciate the explanation. Great products!!

#3288 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just updated my post, see above.

Ah, my vision up in lights! Those are flippin' perfect!
side note: I see Hayfarmer upvoted those, so I will reward him and he shall escape my comment... THIS time...

#3408 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

I put about 10 games on one today in St. Louis. It was fun. I spent 4 hours playing mostly Rush and Godzilla. Both are a lot of fun. I don't have a whole lot more to say about it.

That's a bit anticlimactic
Sounds like my hike the other day.

#3457 2 years ago

Hey hey.. hands off the glass!

#3506 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Today's track obsession:
The Camera Eye
Reminds me of a ride through the country in a red barchetta, the twists and turns.

For sure. And at 11 minutes it never once seemed too long ... Follow that by witch hunt on the album is perfect next song!

but then again, Obsessing about every song on moving pictures is completely normal. Rush never gets old. If it does then you're not a fan.

#3579 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Pea yurt
Not Pert.
Only been saying that wrong my ENTIRE FUCKING LIFE

Say it like
Piert
One syllable
Let the upvotes begin.

#3602 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

The tapes came with the 1st 10 inch reel to reel deck I bought back in '90.
Someone had traded the deck in towards a stereo at an Ovation Super-Center. I went to Ovations to buy some speaker stands that day. The store personnel was just getting ready to take the tape deck out of the box to re-sell as I walked in. I told them "leave it in the box...I'll take it".
I don't know how the previous owner obtained the tapes.

Wow the story gets better and better.
So what about the sound quality? Obviously you put these on and listen to them, right? Is there anything unique about them? Have you recorded your own cassette tape from these masters? Compared them to the released cassette? Is the master of final version of all the tracks merged or can you isolate tracks with this? I don't know much about master reels or this type of equipment, what it does specifically...just basically a audio mix that cassettes , vinyl, CD, could be made from? I suppose could be many of these masters around for different purposes or/and this may just be one version of a master and not the final? Still amazing. I'll send you a tdk if you'll make me a copy. You could probably pay for a rush pin with all the people on here that would want a copy.

#3608 2 years ago

Fascinating stuff!! What an incredible album to have been given ! That album was actually my intro into Rush back in '81 when a schoolmate loaned me his cassette. I subsequently and immediately discovered moving pictures and was hooked. Went to my only two (regretfully not more) Rush concerts I've seen of theirs, Signals in '82 and then Grace under Pressure in '84. Very impactful band and the only band I still listen to regularly to this day.

#3846 2 years ago

It is. That and mystic rhythms are my two favorites on power windows... Followed by marathon and manhatten project. The other 4 songs I can't recall and I think that's pretty common.

#3853 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Grand Designs and Middletown Dreams are also highlights for me. Though, I love that whole album. Blasphemous as some might say, it's actually my favorite Rush album (followed closely by Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, 2112, and Roll the Bones).
This has been one of the most fun parts about this thread -- seeing how different everyone's Rush preferences are ... can we take a moment to think how cool it is, that their catalog is so deep and diverse that we can have such a variety of opinions?

Middletown dreams is definitely a highlight on an excellent Rush album. That intro is brilliant and the musical journey is just celestial, rhythmic, driving and so tight. Alex kills it in his solo just before they break it down at 3:15. Dreams transform desires! Neil, the professor, is a master poet and wordsmith.

Thanks for the assist I regret not mentioning that one. There's nothing wrong with the other two, just a few less static memories... So if you're going off memories, I require you to listen to it again before you post.
As said in another favorite song, Though it's just a memory, some memories last forever, but they all have their payoff moments and if you're a rush fan you won't turn any of them off. I just listened to the album and can confirm and pleased to report the following on the last two songs not mentioned:

Territories... Excellent
Emotion Detector... Excellent

Both quintessential Rush songs and all together this album is full of great lyrics, amazing transitions and rocking rhythms that make it a complete journey start to finish. Pulling songs out individually isn't near as good as the sum of its parts! Got headphones? Nothing better than an entire album of Rush in your skull start to finish. Ahhhh.

I feel regretful not standing up to how excellent this entire album is and just going off. Faded memory....

Couldn't agree more about the Spirit of the Forum.

#3944 2 years ago

Sorry if this has been posted but good article about how Robertson got involved and that yyz didn't make the cut because Villa beat it for the last song spot.. good read.

Ultimate Classic Rock: How Barenaked Ladies' Singer Helped Design Rush's Pinball Machine.
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/rush-pinball-barenaked-ladies/

#3988 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Just wanna thank everyone in this thread. You guys finally convinced me the 1st thing that needs done: all the Rush songs pulled out and replaced with Madonna.
Thanks guys!
Who can help me with this?

Lol. U totally remind me of thechakapakuni who used to be on pinside... Very similar style of humor - that's a compliment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vespula.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players?tu=Vespula and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.