20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thermionic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from Wicked-Flip:

Red barchetta mode with police chase multiball
Bytor/Snowdog battle modes
Search for Xanadu mode with Mad immortal man multiball.
2112 (you could theme a whole game with a dozen modes from this one song) Solar Federation/Priest battle mode.
There are so many songs that could translate to a mode with a logical journey to progress through.
Dryer drop targets. Wall of sound ramps. Spinning drum kit diverters. So many possibilities
I hope they represent Presto and Roll the Bones, too. That era doesn't get enough love.
I expect a beautifully themed Rush pinball jukebox but I hope it ends up being less jukebox and more pinball.
Im looking forward to the reveal, that's for sure.

I am with you, I hope Presto (truly one of their best and most unique albums) and Bones are not overlooked! The ginormous animatronic rabbits in a hat they used during the tour still stand out as some of the coolest stage props I've ever seen; hopefully some version makes it into the game, it would look great and provide a little flavor of the band's sense of humor (which I certainly hope comes through in the finished product).

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Take off eh!
[quoted image]

Hoser!

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Rush rocks!!! The best three member progressive band ever!!! Look forward to the pin. Hoping for a great Borg layout!!!! Rock and Roll!!!!!! 2112!!!!!

You probably stepped in it with the "best ever" claim, LOL. No one on this thread should disagree with you, but I can already hear the "What about ELP?!" folks now!

So, before any of you progheads chime in to derail the thread and dispute this with ELP as your pick, please recall that Rush never released anything as nakedly pretentious as "Works", nor did they ever release any unmitigated schlock with matching embarrassing album cover along the lines of "Love Beach"!

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

Primus sucks!!!

Larry, you're a bastard!!

OK, time to get the thread refocused on Rush (via a Primus performance ):

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

no joke - its a huge waste of time.

I know, BUT nothing has been revealed quite yet and the endless speculation and "wish lists" are getting a little boring and played-out at this point, so there's really nothing left at this moment to discuss in terms of the pinball machine itself, and it's only natural that the idle time will be filled with stuff that's only tangentially related to the topic at hand.

What I am saying is that this entire thread is a "huge waste of time" until we know something definitive, but there's no harm in casually "shooting the s**t" as a sort of placeholder until we DO have something concrete to latch onto!

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

Whoa whoa whoa...better than Geddy? I don't think so.

I have seen both live several times. Both are a force to be reckoned with and are at the pinnacle of achievement on their instrument (at least in Rock circles - the Fusion guys like Stanley Clarke, Jaco Pastorius, Marcus Miller, etc. are the real MFs of the electric bass).

However, compare the Primus YYZ video I posted above with any random Rush performance of the tune and it’s obvious Rush is a bit of a step up in overall musical ability (especially when you bring Neal and Alex into the equation - the band synergy is unmatched, IMO).

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I've seen a handful of death metal bass players that don't use picks. Aways blows my mind man. Crazy fast fretting that seems superhuman.
But yeah, Jaco is king.

Those Death guys are playing lead like Geezer/Lemmy/The Ox, only 4x faster. It’s hard to believe they can do it without studio tricks, then you see them live and wonder if they sold their souls at the “Crossroads”. They are the equivalent of those 6 year-old prodigies that can play Liszt or do Calculus - possibly not quite human, lol.

1 week later
#785 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Any distros w/an LE slot available please PM. Thx.
RUSH was the first concert I ever saw. Would love to add the pin.
I deserve it. I had to sit thru Mr. Big!

I've seen Rush more than any other band, and that tour was one of the best.

We had very close seats and had a lot of fun heckling Paul Gilbert (stuff like screaming "Racer X! Racer X!" and "Play Y.R.O!", and just generally being obnoxious), and he responded with a grin and threw a huge handful of picks at us - probably the best Rock and Roll thing that ever happened to me (other than the surreal moment when I stepped up to a urinal at a NY Rangers game and realized I was standing next to Lou Reed, but that's a story for another thread).

Quoted from insight75:

I can't believe "The Trees" didn't make the cut..... That song is about this thread.

I keep hearing "Subdivisions" in my head, but "The Trees" certainly works too!

#818 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Paul Gilbert is one of the nicest dudes in Rock. And AMAZING guitarist and he LOVES Rush. Not sure why a few people on here are throwing shade at Mr. Big. You could do a LOT worse than Billy Sheehan and Paul Gilbert as an opening act!!!

Damn right Mr. Big was a great band!

Sorry if I gave the impression of throwing shade; we only heckled Paul during the ballad stuff, and he definitely took it in the good-natured way we intended. I am certain he could see from our reactions to other stuff he played that we were major fans of his, and when they got to the part where he was getting ready to cut loose with that drill/guitar pick contraption, he faced us, made eye contact and grimaced into the most ridiculously exaggerated "guitar face" I think I've ever seen, then proceeded to blow the roof off the arena - so f'in cool!

Billy was great as well. I loved the bands he was involved in, and of course had the Talas album, but his amazing talent didn't fully "click" with me until I later discovered Naicin, a Fusion outfit consisting of Sheehan, Dennis Chambers (d), and John Novello (B-3). If you are a fan of 70s Prog and/or Fusion and haven't heard the band, you really owe it to yourself as it's some of the most sophisticated music I've ever heard out of a trio, with some drumming and Hammond work that would give Billy Cobham and Keith Emerson a run for their money! (Start with "Organik" or "Live! Blood, Sweat, and Beers", and prepare to sit slack-jawed.)

#820 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Billy joined DLR solo along with Steve Vai and Greg Bissonette .That was a great short run .Eat Em and Smile was a gem IMO.

The two-album run was way too short, as was the "Eat Em' and Smile" album length (barely 30min if I remember correctly, but at least there's no "filler" tracks)!

Oh well, I guess quality>quantity.

#839 2 years ago

Not crazy by any stretch!

Vai could mop the floor with EVH (sorry it’s true - I’ve seen both several times, no comparison), and Alex and Michael play like amateurs compared with Bissonette and Sheehan. VH did have some sweet vocal harmonizing the DLR band couldn’t match though.

I challenge you to cite anything by VH that features musicianship at the level of “Elephant Gun”, “Shyboy”, or “Damn Good”!

#962 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

My parents dropped me off as well back when I was 16. There is no way in I would do that today with my kids. Hell - my 20 year old went to a metal show a few weeks back and I was nervous as a dog in a Chinese restaurant. With age, comes experience and the knowledge of how full of shit the world (people) really is.

“What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun.” (Ecclesiastes 1:9)

Keep in mind that regardless of the ridiculousness over the past couple of years, the long-term trend is steadily decreasing violent crime rates since the 80s in most areas of the country (peak homicide rate/100k pop. was in 1980).

Add to that the fact that we have great tech that didn’t exist when we were kids. Everyone carries a phone, and GPS tracking is easier than ever for both both people (make sure your kids’ phones are connected to your account and use the “Find My Phone” feature if you get anxious) and vehicles (numerous ways to easily keep tabs on their whereabouts).

Bottom line, the ease with which we can surveil our kids (poor things will NEVER know the freedom we did ) plus the crime stats suggests that it’s objectively SAFER now!

I also don’t believe people are any “worse” now than in the past (the fallacy of looking at the past through rose-colored glasses is universal). The long arc of history shows that on balance, humans have ALWAYS been mostly shit, and going back at least as far as Socrates, older generations have always been pessimistic about younger generations.

The data simply doesn’t support the popular “sky is falling” narrative that seems to have so much of the population in such a stranglehold of anxiety; we are still a long way from the 1991 peak, when I was 17 and on the loose with no pager, no cell, and a nonfunctional odo in my car:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#970 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I'd take YYZ and then either The Analog Kid or The Camera Eye.

YYZ is a must; hit the lit targets, which constantly change in sync with the tempo of the song, for super jackpots.

Camera Eye could be the basis of an interesting mode using a webcam (if this game is going to feature one) and the new online upgrades to the system.

#999 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

My wife was very happy to show that to me a few months ago

My wife has thrown it back at me, too, lol.

Then again, she has a point; there’s definitely no escaping the fact that Rush concerts were by far the most lopsided sausagefests of any band I ever saw!

I mean, it is sort of like being a fan of D’nD or anime - probably not the sort of stuff that’s likely to set her alight with passion, especially early in the relationship when the “chemistry” is still in the process of building. (If you do get lucky enough to find that one person in a billion who gets revved-up and naughty at the thought of “Syrinx” serving as your “safe word”, then I’d say she’s a definite keeper, lol!)

#1009 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Golden Acapulco nights...ha

I’m staying aboard the Express until Kathmandu; being perfumed by the Nepal night in the shadow of the Himalayas sounds perfect to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thermionic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players?tu=Thermionic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.