20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MasterBlaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1231 2 years ago

So, it looks like a magnet holds the ball suspended in the time machine for a second or two? That’s pretty slick. Also like the more ‘analog’ look of the playfield parts, with the clock and time machine and whatnot. Colors seem somewhat reminiscent of Led Zeppelin to a degree, but that’s not a knock by any means. Well done, I’d buy one if I could use that time machine to get back to 2019 prices.

#1252 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Same as Austin Powers’ time machine (also Borg) & LOTR’s ring.

I forgot about Austin Powers…Never had an opportunity to see or play LOTR in person, hopefully someday!
Very cool reuse of a mech that is proven(?) to be reliable(?)

#1254 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Have you never played LOTR?

Never even seen one in person. Clearly I need to get to a show sometime.

#1261 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Possibly. He does have some really cool work. http://www.sunburndesigns.com/about/
LOL at this:[quoted image]

Looks like he has also done Beetlejuice art in the past…His use of color would be well-suited for that game. STERN MAKE IT HAPPEN
Overall very tastefully done artwork on this Rush title.

#1301 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

blood will be spilled over these LE machines.

Hahahaha great quote. Brother against Brother sort of stuff here. Lol

#1334 2 years ago

I don’t know Tom Graf, but I’ve listened to enough Triple Drain podcasts to suppose that upon seeing the reveal, Tom let out the loudest most primal scream of joy that has ever been emitted from a human being’s vocal cords.

#1383 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I do know Tom Graf. And I am 100% sure that you are correct. In fact I haven't heard from him since the reveal, so I fear his head may have actually exploded...

Hahahaha! Very happy for Tom and all the other Rush fans out there. Great to see so much involvement from the band and adding Ed Robertson to the design process is a genius move. Passion breeds excellence, and Stern will reap the benefits.

#1423 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'll have to confess that I never gave Rush (as a band) much of a chance. But I just took a quick listen to the songs on the pin (not all the way through on each) and found four that I dig and added them to my playlist. I still wouldn't consider myself a fan, but they are probably not as bad as I had always thought.
For the cabinets, I like the LE the best, and I know this doesn't seem to be a popular opinion, but the premium cabinet gives off an early 80s vibe that I like. To me, the pro cabinet is the least of the three.

Rush is one of those bands that probably everyone has heard a song from Rush, not realizing it was Rush. As a very small example, the song Tom Sawyer is in the movie The Waterboy. People of the 80s who were even remotely connected to pop culture have heard many of their songs. In my hometown of Wichita Kansas there was a huge mural of the Rush logo painted on a drainage canal that could be viewed from the adjacent highway. I remember as a kid seeing that logo and not connecting the songs I heard to the actual band. Iconic songs for an entire generation.

#1483 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Worse than Zeppelin? Really?
As one of the resident art critics, the only thing I can say is I don't like the cartoon depictions of the band on the playfield, but overall the rest looks okay to me. Hardly the worst ever.

I was the same way about the cartoon characters at first. I’m not a huge Rush fan but I like their music. The more I learn about the band mates themselves and their on-stage vibe, the more I think the cartoon depictions make sense. The artwork is really great for a first-timer…if not a home run, then a hard triple with a really wide turn rounding third base.

#1534 2 years ago

If there is no on-screen footage of Time Stands Still video with a floating tank top-clad Neil Peart…I’m out.

#1538 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I had told a friend if they did Force Ten as one of the songs they could have incorporated something like whirlwind pinball does

Hahahaha, that’s great. So much fun to be had with this title.

#1549 2 years ago
Quoted from cranie:

Amazing that for years people told me a Rush pin would never sell against my arguing there should be one. Stern sells out all 1000 of the LE edition @ $11k each within an hour. Guess I'll be looking to pick up a Premium now.

Sort of like the days when Jeep execs thought that a 4-door Wrangler would “never sell”…

Sometimes as a consumer it feels good to say WE TOLD YOU SO !

#1563 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Hopefully Stern gave you an LE to put into your old apartment.

I hope he has some buddies to help him bring it in…forty-two stairs from the street…

#1569 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Welp, guess I didn't get my deposit in fast enough and now I'm out of a spot. FUCKING PISSED is an understatement.

This is the part that really bothers me about this hobby…the people who truly want an LE and would truly appreciate it for what it is, can’t get one for a fair price. Sorry to see this.

#1682 2 years ago

GnR - creators/IP owners all-in : great game
Godzilla - creators/IP owners all-in : great game
RUSH - creators/IP owners all-in : looks like it’s gonna be a great game

This is what happens when you give a design team everything the IP has to offer and the freedom to use their talents to the fullest.

I think we are seeing a pattern here…this is great for pinball!

#1683 2 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

For the record, I am in with a Premium. First time for a NIB in my 8 year pin hobby. This theme is a winner for me. Other themes and games along the way have been great too, but this one pushed me over the edge.

Congratulations!! Hoping you don’t have to wait too long for that first NIB, but it looks like a game that is well worth the wait. Most excellent!!

#1692 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:What a shame the year on the time machine doesnt change..... Even Stern's own advertising indicates it should.
And those LED's on top!!!! What were they thinking? [quoted image]

If you squint your eyes, those LEDs will sorta look like old-timey vacuum tubes or something. Ha!

I’ll bet the mod community comes up with some options. Some sort of EL wire that emulates the shape of the tube atop Stange Science could look pretty neato.

#1803 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I don't listen to AC/DC, Metallica, Rush, Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Kiss, etc in my day-to-day life, but I can really appreciate all of the bands within the context of the pinball machines, and thoroughly enjoy the whole experience.
I'm in my 40s, so I imagine that some people younger than me might also have similar kinds of experiences, being initially disconnected from the music. I'll let the superfans argue about the art and particulars, but I am HYPED to try and play this amazing-looking table!
This resurgent golden age of pinball continues!

I think even people who are not into RUSH music will discover how well it pairs with pinball… change in direction, change in speed (tempo) are all things that RUSH does with regularity in their music, and I believe it will complement the game quite well. I’m not a RUSH fan, but in my mind I can see the ball moving around the playfield while certain songs are playing…it’s going to be awesome.

#1809 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I'm currently listening to the Stern Insider podcast w/ Nate Shivers & Ed Robertson and they are talking about song selection. Ed, Geddy and Alex each created a list of 20 "banger" songs that should be in the game, and 15 songs were chosen unanimously. It sounds like Ed didn't have YYZ on his list and talked Geddy and Alex into La Villa Strangiato instead. I love both songs and Ed had a good argument on why he felt strongly about LVS over YYZ. The interview is awesome and worth the time to listen to.
It is available with a free Stern Insider account on the Insider website.

Thank you for mentioning where to find this…I was looking through my podcatcher, wondering…where the he!! Is it?!?!

#2027 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not working on my end yet. You do anything to get it going?

I was having problems yesterday. Finally got it to play after logging out/logging in a couple different times. Also no way to go forward or back…when I finally got it to play again, I was about halfway through the interview the first time so I had to listen to it from the beginning again.

#2037 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Other than public shaming of the ones that do it, not much else can be done about it other than get on lists with multiple distributors before game comes out or get in tight with some collector friends that seem to find every LE that comes out. I guess in Canada your limited on distributors.

People in general can refuse to pay those prices and let the flippers sit on that inventory. Just guessing but I think most of these people would start to sweat if they had to wait to turn a profit on a high-dollar machine for longer than 90 days. Barring a major downturn in the economy, that ain’t gonna happen. My guess is that we’re in a new normal for the pinball market…at least for another 2-3 years, and especially if the manufacturers keep cranking out awesomeness.

#2058 2 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Jack is streaming tomorrow night at 6pm CST

Looking forward to this!
Hopefully they have the music cranked up to 11.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rehoboth Beach, DE
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 35.00
Rubber/Silicone
NinjaCamp Mods
Rubber/Silicone
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MasterBlaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players?tu=MasterBlaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.