20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#434 2 years ago

F376A258-EC8B-41F9-AC7A-12649CF7B6F2 (resized).jpegF376A258-EC8B-41F9-AC7A-12649CF7B6F2 (resized).jpeg
me:

27251801-67D3-4CE6-A1DF-85FC5E59ACBD (resized).jpeg27251801-67D3-4CE6-A1DF-85FC5E59ACBD (resized).jpeg
#737 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

...almost done!!!

“A Farewell to Cash”

That’s awesome.

#752 2 years ago

Any distros w/an LE slot available please PM. Thx.

RUSH was the first concert I ever saw. Would love to add the pin.

I deserve it. I had to sit thru Mr. Big!

EA7F57E7-878C-4791-B80E-F8D89EFC2C59 (resized).jpegEA7F57E7-878C-4791-B80E-F8D89EFC2C59 (resized).jpeg

3CFB0F47-8FC7-464B-B65D-25CE49399BF4 (resized).jpeg3CFB0F47-8FC7-464B-B65D-25CE49399BF4 (resized).jpeg

#754 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I can't believe "The Trees" didn't make the cut..... That song is about this thread.

I really thought Closer to the Heart would be there.

#767 2 years ago
Quoted from RoachApproach:

I would have gladly gone to a Rush/Mr. Big show. Paul Gilbert is my favorite guitarist.

I agree. It was tongue-in-cheek comment.

Gilbert is great on Instagram. He used a drill with a pick attachment to play some solo. That’s about all I remember.

#769 2 years ago
Quoted from karl:

The strangest choice regarding songs is Cygnus book 2. So I am betting that Borg got Carte Blanche and choose his favorite tracks.
I am also betting that some songs will have only parts of them included since there are more than a few epic long tracks but parts of them here and there could actually be kinda cool. No complaints from me, even though I have a soft spot for their 80' songbook. 17 tracks i just awesome.
If rumors are true regarding coders, I really hope that Tim changes it up a bit. I was not impressed with the way he did Zeppelin and the insane focus on multiballs on music pins is getting a little old for me. I want some mods, damnit

If it's coded for tourney play like Zep is, that might be a deal breaker for me. Don't find Zep or BK code interesting at all.

#801 2 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

I was at the same show. Arrived late so Mr. Big effect minimized...

NICE! On the way out, we were in the remote parking lot, so had to cross that pedestrian bridge over the parking lot to the stadium. It was slow going. Some dude started singing "You Got What I Need" by Biz Markie. Everyone joined in. The whole tunnel. Pretty funny.

Quoted from DrDQ:

I was there too![quoted image]

Ticketron was the bomb. I might need a Ticketron shirt.

#822 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

As good as any Van Halen album IMO (which is saying a lot!)

funny-i-like-you-but-youre-crazy.giffunny-i-like-you-but-youre-crazy.gif
#1007 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

YYZ and In the End

5E7E1446-3BD2-4C74-963A-71652DF1717B.gif5E7E1446-3BD2-4C74-963A-71652DF1717B.gif
#1041 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

More great stuff from Canada
[quoted image]

I'm down with a Kim Mitchell Go for Soda pin.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#1200 2 years ago

ANYONE WHO IS PASSING ON THEIR LE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS!

#1218 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Unfortunately most people usually flip before passing but I bet you can find someone who is reasonable. Hope you find one

Yeah I know. Still you never know who's going to be nice.

#1232 2 years ago

‘Dead End’ Vertical upkicker propels pinballs up an additional wireform ramp return for non-stop pinball action

You can't beat "non-stop pinball action"!

#1292 2 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I'm still in shock there hasn't been 3 new Rush threads created already. Maybe Pinside had turned a leaf.

They're Canadian. We need to be as polite as they are.

#1323 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Shockingly long from now.
[quoted image]
I'm not even sure which year this will be since Sep 17, 2022 is a Saturday.

Misprint. I think I saw the 7th at 6pm CT.

#1336 2 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Love the not too subtle Canadian-isms. [quoted image]Inukshuk on the LE back glass. Inukshuk tumbles down when you tilt
[quoted image][quoted image]

But no poutine. Sigh.

#1404 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Did Stern sell any LEs through their store this time?

I kept refreshing a billion times but it didn't happen.

#1444 2 years ago

Got my LE secured! Now I need to order a pair of black jeans by mid-February.

#1787 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

It’s 100% X-men.
Just like GOTG is MET.
All three above mentioned are fantastic and I expect Rush to be super fun as well just like the criminally underappreciated X-men.

I had MET for years. Bought GOTG because "it's just like MET" and loaded it with the movie code. It ain't MET. Not even close.

Every designer incorporates their trademark quirks into the next. I love Borg designs and miss X-Men LE (despite some of their voices). Only reason I let it go was I reached the wizard mode a couple of times and was done w/it.

Really psyched for RUSH.

#1878 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

A fun Rush Story from me...
Many years ago I was vacationing with my family at a particularly fancy place in the Bahamas. One night, on the way in to the dining room I spot the unmistakable backlit silhouette of Geddy Lee, who to my Surprise addresses me first! "Ed?", he says, surprised. "Ged!", I say excitedly. We managed to share a meal or two over the course of the week long vacation, and I try to play it cool as best I can.
The following year we find ourselves at an even fancier spot in Hawaii, and who is also at the same resort?? Geddy and his family!! Crazy. We manage a meal or two.
Year Three. I'm at a Four Seasons somewhere on the Mexican Coast, and a guy approaches me at the pool, and says, "Is it Canadian Music Week here? I just met Geddy Lee over by the other pool!". I walk over and stare in disbelief as THREE YEARS IN A ROW I have surreptitiously booked THE SAME RESORT at the SAME TIME as Geddy and his family. I say, "Ged... Are you stalking me?? Do we have the same Travel Agent?" We don't, by the way.
Geddy laughs, and says "See you at Dinner?". So, after a few meals together Ged says, "I don't know if you know this about me, but I'm somewhat of a "Birder". The Blue Footed boobies are currently nesting on a small chain of islands close by here. I've rented a sail boat to go check them out in a couple of days. Would your family like to join us?".
"That would be fantastic!", I say truly looking forward to the excursion, the boat, the birds, hanging with Ged etc.
I return to my room and I check my email. I have an email from a good friend of mine in Minneapolis. My pal (And amazing drummer!), Eric Fawcett has written to say, "Ed- I HATE to ask this, but I know you're sort of tight with the Rush guys. They're coming to Minneapolis and all the good seats are sold out. Would you mind asking for a good pair of tickets for me? I'm more than happy to pay"
I responded, "Eric- I'm going to answer this email like the 12 year old inside of me would have wanted me to. I'll ask Geddy for your tickets while we're sailing off the West Coast of Mexico doing some bird watching together on Friday afternoon!"
Eric responded right away, "I love how you roll!"[quoted image]

Hahaha that's ridiculous. That's so improbable. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to get this pin. I watched "Back in in the studio with Rush" like 10 times yesterday.

#2001 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

The Band is another, er, band that I’d wager most Australians don’t understand. The Grateful Dead is another

Holy shit! I’m Australian!

#2045 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Only gripe for me is the bands faces on the playfield.
Alex looks really good, not sure WTH happened to John and Jeff.

Same.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
#2103 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Before JJ texted me today, I was in with a Pinsider who was just going to charge me retail, but now I don't have to drive 4 hours to pick it up.
There ARE good people here still.

There definitely are. Glad you got one!

#2143 2 years ago

I love the Pro too, but then again Rush album artwork isn't my favorite.

#2268 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:There hasn’t been a post in 11 minutes…. And I’m still hitting refresh every minute!

Everyone was listening to Xanadu at the same time and waiting for it to finish.

#2326 2 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

The Beep Beep noise would drive me nuts

7d972b42-d65c-42c2-a7c5-af532e643441_text.gif7d972b42-d65c-42c2-a7c5-af532e643441_text.gif
#2367 2 years ago

From the assets, music, custom callouts, flow, code. This is a next level music pin. Maybe the GOAT. Except for the scoop beeps. I guess they're kind of a homage to Junkyard?

#2524 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

So …. Would you guys pay for Insider connected if Roll the Bones and yYZ modes came with it? I would Stern.

$11,099 + $$$DLC?

mark-wahlberg-stop-it.gifmark-wahlberg-stop-it.gif

#2547 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yes and I have no issue with it because you can take it or leave it like everything else in this hobby.
Nobody said you need to buy the extra songs if you don’t want them. I would take them for a nominal fee.

Maybe you'll be able to enjoy them with a $1299 topper, but don't for a second believe you're going to get these songs as DLC for a "nominal fee".

#2728 2 years ago
Quoted from TeaHaus:

and Rush fans have thought this forever.........here's Alex doing his acceptance

Asked about his legendary Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction speech consisting entirely of "blah blah blahs," Lifeson said: "Well, it just seemed like a good idea at the time. I had a speech written and I was trying to memorize it and I couldn't remember it. And I thought I might as well just [go] 'blah blah blah.' And I thought, 'Well, that's a good idea.' And so I thought it would tell the story of our history and how we got to that stage without using any words. And the interesting thing is that everybody remembers my speech."

In Lifeson's Rock Hall speech, the guitarist changed the tone of his voice to exhibit a range of emotions — with everyone understanding what he meant, especially when he "described" getting the call that the band was being inducted.

"I had no idea he was doing that," Lee later told Rolling Stone. "Let me go on the record to say he didn't tell us he was doing that. In fact, I know he had a whole other speech planned. Neil [Peart, drums] and I thought he had lost his marbles when he was talking. You can see the look on our faces behind him going, 'What the fuck is he doing?' And of course, we couldn't see him act it all out. We just kept hearing, 'blah blah blah blah blah.'"

He continued: "I don't know what his pure intent was, but I think it was more a knock on speeches, the whole process of the Hall Of Fame induction thing.

Lee added: "He's a mental case. And he's genuinely one of the funniest people you would ever meet in your life. But I wanted to kill him at the three-minute mark. Neil and I were threatening to knock him on the head and drag him offstage."

#2837 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Ordered a Pro - but one thing that concerns me is what appears to be the constant changing of songs with shots. I need to hear one song or most of one song all the way through, and not have a medley of 20 seconds of each song at a random pace. KISS and MET did this nicely. Hope this isn't an issue.

It's probably closer to Maiden, where you can pick a song, but if you enter a specific song mode or multi ball, then it's overridden. Once done w/the mode, it'll return to you to the song you picked.

#2850 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

The time travelling theme was a great idea but it should piece together a narrative or journey as you say. This is what worries me about tournament players designing rule sets for tournament players.

I hear you. I hope this isn't coded like Zeppelin. It's definitely not an "Epic Quest" but it seems better than Zep, but yeah there are similarities.

Songs and Modes
Select your song by using the left and right flipper buttons. Choose any of the sixteen songs: Headlong Fight, Far Cry, One Little Victory, Working Man, 2112, Tom Sawyer, The Spirit of Radio, Freewill, Cygnus X-1 (Book One: The Voyage and Book Two: Hemispheres), The Big Money, Subdivisions, Limelight, Fly By Night, La Villa Strangiato, Bastille Day, or Red Barchetta.

Song Planet Modes: Collect Records around the playfield to light the color-corresponding Song Mode. Shoot the Time Machine to start a Song Mode.

Six main timed modes:

Tom Sawyer
Working Man
The Spirit of Radio
The Big Money
La Villa Strangiato
Limelight

Main Multiballs

Time Machine Multiball
Shoot the Time Machine to charge it up. When the Time Machine is fully charged, travel back in time to Time Machine Multiball.
Three Time Machine Multiballs:
- Red Barchetta
- Subdivisions
- Fly By Night

Far Cry Multiball
Shoot the Lite Lock targets and shots to light the scoops for ball locks.
Lock balls in both scoops to start Far Cry Multiball.

Headlong Flight Multiball
Shoot the pop bumpers to progress the Drum Clock. When the Drum Clock reaches midnight, shoot the right orbit to start Headlong Flight Multiball.

Freewill Multiball
Shoot the Freewill Target behind the Drop Target bank to start Freewill Multiball.

1-2-3 Piece Combo
Shoot 1-2-3 to complete a 1-2-3 combo and light a Combo Jackpot on the Time Machine and a chance for a Combo Super Jackpot on the Side Ramp.

Bastille Day Hurry-Up Round
Complete R-U-S-H targets to starte the Bastille Day Hurry-Up feature. Shooting the Hemispheres Ramp builds the hurry-up values.

Instrument Drop Targets
Shoot the Instrument Drop Targets to collect instrument boosts.

Drum Solo
Shoot under the upper flipper when Drum Solo is lit to start a timed Drum Solo scoring round at the pop bumpers.

Roll the Bonus Mystery
Complete the Roll the Bones lanes to light the Roll the Bones Mystery award at the scoop.

Challenge Mods and Mini Wizard Modes
There are three Challenge Modes and Mini-Wizard Multiball Modes:
- Cygnus X-1: Book One: The Voyage
- Cygnus X-1: Book Two: Hemispheres

#2893 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Stern should have done GNR. Maybe they wouldn’t have butchered that plunge shot. One of the worst in pinball!

There isn't a worse one. There will never be a worse one.

#2896 2 years ago

I think the only issue I have is the roll the bones Mystery graphic. It's like an ape skull.

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 10.02.09 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-01-11 at 10.02.09 PM (resized).png

#2907 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Lol
This made me laugh this morning also.. Great memory
[quoted image]

But Geddy gets the bill.

I watched this entire interview yesterday. It's fantastic. What a baseball collection.

#2941 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

It's actually not, she has an Instagram page
https://instagram.com/ladyevil6666

Guys, don't get too upset, but I don't think Lady Evil is her real name.

#3114 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Any idea when Zach is giving this game his B+?

Lol

#3219 2 years ago
C0605254-5004-409C-B570-63DA094FF496 (resized).jpegC0605254-5004-409C-B570-63DA094FF496 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3550 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Yeah I have a feeling that will be the case for me too at first lol. Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback, man!
I'm looking forward to my LE as well, but my buddy and I are actually going to take it to my uncle's house for a while once it arrives. He got me into Rush when I was young, he has seen Rush 30+ times and always wears a Rush shirt everytime you see him, but he recently suffered multiple strokes and thought he would love this pin while he recovers.
He has to have physical therapy several times a week, on medication the rest of his life, and is on medical leave from work, but we didn't lose him, so thought this would be great for him to enjoy while going through this. My nurse friend said it would be good for his coordination recovery too.
He totally flipped out when I told him, and we're really close, so it's a great feeling. He's been watching videos constantly because he is so excited lol. Maybe he'll give it back to me someday lol. Can't wait to play it though!

That's fantastic. I hope your uncle's is a country place

1 week later
#3996 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Stern factory Rush pro scoop protector
[quoted image]

happy-gilmore-clubbend.gifhappy-gilmore-clubbend.gif

#4072 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackwolf:

I'll fall on the downvote sword:
I am honestly happy about it. In fact, in my post history, you will actually see me say that I hope Far Cry makes it in a pin in older threads about the rumor.
Far Cry is, unironically, my favorite Rush song. Period.
Roll The Bones is, unironically, my favorite Rush album if I look at them as a complete entity. (It was also my first, and it came out when I was a freshman in HS, so it was basically the album that I played most on my discman throughout my formative years.)
In terms of pre-90's Rush song that's my favorite? I'm also not kidding when I say it's The Big Money. I even somehow lucked into owning the promotional vinyl of it that was used by radio stations.
I'm actually not as much of a fan of the 70's and early 80's stuff as I am their later stuff! (But all that stuff is a lot better than a lot of bands best stuff)
And now I'm going to be banned off of Pinside for posting controversial content. Nice getting to know y'all

This is definitely interesting. I usually get into a group that's been around a whiles and go BACKWARD in their catalogue. Got into RUSH before Presto, then went back. Roll the Bones has good tunes (I listen to the whole album yesterday) but oh man, that rap. "Kick some gluteus max" is so hilarious and cringeworthy.

#4085 2 years ago
Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 8.39.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-11 at 8.39.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-11 at 8.39.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-11 at 8.39.38 PM (resized).png
#4104 2 years ago

F797A324-F97E-47BD-BC44-19FAF00CC730 (resized).jpegF797A324-F97E-47BD-BC44-19FAF00CC730 (resized).jpeg

6 days ago. Must be waiting on protectors.

1 week later
#4275 2 years ago

My distributor is picking up LEs today. I'll get shipping info by Friday.

1 week later
#4310 2 years ago

What's the deal with code updates with Stern Insider Connected?

I'm on wifi. Connected successfully. I register the game, but there's no option to update, because it just stays "go register with IC for updates". It doesn't even generate an email confirming registration?

#4314 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

because you didn't finish the registration of the game
after scanning your QR code you MUST goto the insider connected webpage and accept the game's registration there.

I did though.

IMG_3576 (resized).jpgIMG_3576 (resized).jpg

#4323 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

I think you're overthinking it - just look.
You've just registered for the warranty from the card, correct? Now, login to your Insider Connect account, put that to the side by beside you...
Now, go to your Settings menu in your pin, go to Net setup, connect to your wifi. Now, do you see where in that same menu after you connected "Stern Insider Connected"? It even says, "To register your game, etc. etc.," just scan your Insider Connect QR code from your account and scan it on your pin.
Once it says "To complete registration..." on the pinball screen, go to your insider connect account on your phone/laptop, Click on your profile/avatar icon, Click "Machines", now click the button next to Rush to complete registration.[quoted image]

Thanks guys. Well I did it. And....update failed. Didn't download the whole thing. I'm 10 feet from my router. USB stick it is. IC so far is a failure.

#4325 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Just got my Rush yesterday and took me several tries last night to get mine to update.. The Rush update is huge compared to anything else I have.. Had to click to automatically download updates a couple times to convince the game to keep downloading in the background, as it would start then appear to stop / fail..
Keep at it, it will work, and there are probably updates hidden in the new code to help a bit with this part..

Thanks. I just don't feel like being frustrated to keep trying. I'm not going to spend money to update Maiden and Mando to IC anyway, so might as well skip it.

1 week later
#4384 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This is one of those Rush songs I'd never heard before...LOVE IT now!!! I'm glad there are a few "new for me" songs in the game.

Same! One Little Victory is something that I just haven't gotten into though.

1 week later
#4429 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I will watch it live with Visa in hand.

Hope your Visa has a $300,000 limit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 35.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players?tu=Guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.