20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DRDAVE.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#796 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Just played about an hour of TMNT while jamming through Signals and a few other tracks. A little Borg + Rush preview.
Definitely could use some more Signals in this pin.

Agreed! My first Concert was Rush Signals tour @ The Boston Garden.
My ears were ringing for most of the night afterward but it was a good kind of ringing. =)

#799 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Fuck, another $400 increase in April?! Fuuuuuck. This is nuts. Today I was thinking damn $6900 if I want a Rush. Now I'm thinking well it's better than $7300!
I paid for NIB:
Star Wars Pro $5650 March 2021
Mando Pro $6000 August 2021
Seems like smoking deals now!

When you create over 6 trillion $ out of thin air and have supply chain issues world wide on top of it. Yeah, prices be going northward on everything including pinball machines.

#851 2 years ago

As long as Subdivisions is one of the tunes I'll be on the way to happy with this title. =)

#976 2 years ago

I'm really hoping they add these 3:
Vital Signs
The Weapon
Losing It
(Losing it really kicks in right here and I can see a great mutliball with it:

)

#1036 2 years ago

It would be nice to get a Bluray concert of them during a concert where they all are "on"/ on point.
I stopped going to Rush concerts several years ago when Geddy's voice took away from the Rush experience for me.
Case in point 2011 Time Machine tour Live in Cleveland. Only song where his voice was on point was thankfully *Subdivisions*.
The rest of the band sounded great though especially the instramental tunes of course.

#1097 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm down with a Kim Mitchell Go for Soda pin.[quoted image]

Nah. Katy Perry pin is what all the kids want these days and it's no wonder:

#1100 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

"Dammit, Gomez, there are still boxes and boxes of playfield toilets and some random red paint laying around the warehouse. When are we gonna get rid of that stuff??"

"Well boss, It's funny you mention this...."

#1564 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I hope it changes to a new date with a song from that year.

That's what I was hoping for as well

#1788 2 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Stern Pinball Announces RUSH PINBALL!!
DEEP DIVE: In Depth Overview of the Machine, Features, Rules, and More!
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/stern-pinball-announces-rush-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/[quoted image]

Would be great if Stern took Jersey Jack's lead and ditched the out dated black rubber in favor of the clear/translucent silcone rubber to out fit this and all of
their future games. Or at least have the option when ordering. It is time.

#1794 2 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Anyone have a clue when these will start shipping?

February time frame

#1806 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

As much as I'd love to get a Rush pin...I'm really glad I jumped on the CCrLE bandwagon.

I'm a bit behind on the latest pinball title abbreviations. What is a CCrLE ?

#1812 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I wouldn’t be surprised if it is 1000 LE from now on. Hopefully that will reduce scalpers a little bit. At this point in time they could probably release a Mr Hankey pin and the LE would sell out.
My only concern is the backlog. Rush looks pretty cool and I’m excited to play it but there are so many titles already ordered by buyers waiting for production and delivery.
If someone wants a Rush Premium you better order now for 2023 summer delivery!
[quoted image]

This Mr Hanky artwork will be prominately featured on the forthcoming Katy Perry pin.

#1834 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And here I thought it was Creedence Clearwater Revival.

That's what I was seeing with that abbreviation too!

#2006 2 years ago
Quoted from bane:

The Band is exponentially better than Rush. Discuss among yourselves.
[quoted image]

#2091 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Can you do a few more le schemes? Maybe some diff purple shades? Thanks!

I'm digging the yellow on the LE.
When mine comes in, I'm hooking up a subwoofer, playing a few games, then will apart the playfield and replace all that tired ass black rubber replacing it with modern clear silicone for the rings. Haven't decided on what color posts and flipper rubber I'm going to go with yet though. Will know better once it is in front of me.

#2434 2 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Game really looks great I’m impressed! Love Borg games. This will be a epic adventure at a Pintastic New England with “Limelight” tribute to RUSH the games surrounding the band and Borg in the front row giving everyone high fives. Can’t wait for the show in June!

Could it be this will be more epic than last years GNR tribute band next to GNR pins all kicking ass at Pintastic? I thinking YES! It will!

So looking forward to a few months from now: Pintastic 2022. Cheers for this concert pin tie in tribute band at a pinball show concept Gabe!

#2446 2 years ago

The LE touts 3 channel amplifier with upgraded speakers.

Would buying a pinwoofer system to replace the Stern LE speaker system be worth doing / a big step up?

#2517 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Anyone one else bothered that they switched the flipper bats from white (promo) to yellow?

I'll be tossing the yellow bats and black rubber when mine gets here.

#2577 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

you can buy a 3 pack of receptacles with a remote off on switch on amazon,works great for me.

This one would have the feel of turning on an old school pin.
Just mount it under the front right corner of the game:
https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Grounded-Tabletop-Resistant-SPS1611WA/dp/B08K3LFHZ5/ref=sr_1_41

#2617 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Fly By Night was is my favorite mode.. the older footage, graphics with the owl, lighting, it really stands out.. Hope they mixed up the other modes a little more with the different era's of footage that they have.. better dynamics. Subdivisions was good, but the original video had a Tempest arcade machine in it.. they could've just used that, it's great the way it is.

Totally agree on this: " Subdivisions was good, but the original video had a Tempest arcade machine in it.. they could've just used that, it's great the way it is."

#2752 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I get your stance, I do, because I always say the best Rush is Fly By Night to Moving Pictures, and I do see a drop after that album, but Signals and Power Windows is still great stuff. But yeah, you can't top perfection from 74-80

Agreed.ls and Moving I like Power Windows and every album prior. With Signals and Moving pictures being some of their best work with every song being awesome quinesential Rush.

#2754 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

Hold Your Fire is my least favorite RUSH album, Show of HANDS DOWN............although the recording of Subdivisions on that live album is wicked. Low End coming out of the beginning music verse.

Quoted from AUKraut:

What are y'all hearing on delivery dates of the 1st run Pros and then LEs??

I'm hearing mid to late February for my LE here in the Northeast.

#2858 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

That's not cool at all. One of the reasons I sold Maiden was because of that.
We're going to get 15 seconds of Cygnus at a time? Hopefully this is changed on a later update. Again - MET and KISS got it perfect. LZ is pretty good too - can totally rock out to the songs, find the rhythm and grove playing pinball.
Speaking of perfection.....

Agreed! Quintencential RUSH:

#2871 2 years ago

The only way to get this full concert (besides the youtube version) is on old school Video Laser Disc or VHS tape. (edit: 2007 DVD is available)
I think this is one of their best if not The Best live shows they have done. Geddy's voice is spot on as well as his guitar work.
I just ordered this in hopes of getting some of this concert footage on DVD at least:
https://www.amazon.com/Rush-Replay-DVD-NTSC-Geddy/dp/B01I05L7YO/ref=sr_1_1
Pricey but you can get used ones for much cheaper if you look around. (I did)

#2882 2 years ago
Quoted from Evets:

I have this DVD set. The SHow of Hands disc has the following:
The Big Money
Marathon
Turn the Page
Prime Mover
Manhattan Project
Closer to the Heart
Red Sector "A"
Force Ten
Mission
Territories
The Rhythm Method - Drum Solo
The SPirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer
The Temples of Syrinx/ La Villa Strangiato/ In the Mood
If you already knew this, then I apologize for taking up the bandwidth.

Looks like I'm covered with the Replay X3 :

"Dates of release & formats for Rush A Show of Hands
The VHS and Laserdisc versions were the original formats of release, both in 1989.[2] They are both currently out-of-print.

In 2006, a DVD version of the original production, with its audio re-mastered in 5.1-channel Dolby Surround by Rush guitarist and co-producer Alex Lifeson, was released as part of the DVD box set, titled Rush Replay X 3. In 2007, the DVD version of A Show of Hands, as it was included in Replay X 3, was released as a single, stand-alone DVD."

And Replay X 3 goes great with pinball as pinnball and Replays go great together!

#2884 2 years ago

Neil Peart on the making of A SHOW OF HANDS, Rush's video version of their live album of the same name:

"For a band with high standards, a perfect show is impossible, and an excellent show is rare. You hope that the norm is good. To deliver a truly exceptional, comfortable performance before a recording truck or film crew has been our unfulfilled dream of many years."

#2886 2 years ago

Imagine JJ decided on Rush instead of GNR and used Show of Hands concert footage to make their concert pin.
Then imagine Stern did GNR.

Just thinking out loud here.

#2889 2 years ago

George and I just released our latest podcast today in which we talked all things classic pinball but took a sharp turn into this newest Stern release as well because...
well because it's RUSH! And I am a Rush fan (Obviously): =)
https://podbay.fm/p/the-classic-pinball-podcast/e/1641901524

#2891 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That was one of the most polite body slams I've ever seen.

Nah. He's just putting on his imagination hat. And that's a big imagination he's got there!

#2903 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Kills me man but just sold my FT to help pay for this.
One day I'll get a Taxi and be fine.

Fish Tails?
"Are you going to fish, or buy a Rush LE?!"

#2946 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone working on a star man mod for the playfield?
[quoted image]

Peart described the Starman in an interview with Creem magazine: The man holding his hands up against the red star is the abstract man against the masses. The red star symbolizes any collectivist mentality.

Smart man that Peart was. =)

#3076 2 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I have a Rush LE Coming. I have been watching the Price on the Klipsch Sub woofer at my local Costco. They finally marked them down. There was 4 left.
I finally pulled the trigger on it. Matter of fact, I bought 2!
Bought For $124.99 each[quoted image]

How do you hook these up to low level on the Spike 2?

#3080 2 years ago

Thankyou. Are these compatible with the Pinwoofer system? Doesn't Pinwoofer uses the same spot to connect to the main board as well?

#3083 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey DRDAVE ! We're only shipping the Knockout Amp ("KO" Amp) for Rush which includes a subwoofer line out. You'll need a 12ft audio cable to route this signal to the external and you won't need anything else. Please put a note in your order and we'll add the cable free of charge (good for all, while supplies last). Thanks for asking!
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/

Thankyou! =)
Althougn it says my (KO Amp) Pinwoofer order has been shipped so I may have mised the "boat".

1 week later
#3510 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Thinkin about when game arrives, what's your first game playing to? I cant get the opening of The Spirit Of Radio out of my mind, so I'll be cranking it. Anyone else?

S U B D I V I S I O N S !!!!!

#3546 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Playing a game for the first time is never easy but yes - good players make it look easy. Heck sometimes I play my own machines and can't hit my shots.
I suspect my initial play won't be that different than yours.
My goal this year is to play the shit out of Rush and get good.

It's good to have goals. =)

#3694 2 years ago

Rush was profetic.
Govenor Newsom of California has just signed an executive order this past September to ensure no new combustion engine sales in that state by 2035:
https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/23/21452825/california-ban-combustion-gas-vehicles-cars-2035

2 weeks later
#4181 2 years ago

I think Neil would approve of this 7 year old covering his fills and his parents who encouraged this young talent.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DRDAVE.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players?tu=DRDAVE and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.