20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 80sMan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1119 2 years ago

Like many of you, Rush was one of my favorite bands growing up.. I was just too young & too broke to ever see them live. Fast Forward to 2015 and there I was at the Forum on August 1st, thinking maybe it could be the last time they ever played together? but never imagining I'd hear the news we all heard in January of 2020 about Neil. On a more positive note and in anticipation of an awesome pin tomorrow?! Here is my souvenir that's hung up in my office from that night & I dug up a couple videos on my phone that believe it or not are still on there and posting them here for all the cool Rush fans out there. Enjoy & 'Hay'!!

IMG_5066 (resized).jpgIMG_5066 (resized).jpg
#1121 2 years ago

And one more since I guess we all have to work our ass's off again to afford the pin

#1365 2 years ago

WOW. The greatest news ever today... THE PRO LOOKS PHENOMENOL! A few things.. the games appears to have been designed at the same time as GNR & LZ being the spinner, ball lock, charge, lighting, etc. There's a ball lock at the bottom of the playfield for the Premium/LE similar to COMA in GNR which I passed on with the CE in GNR and don't need, my GNR LE is fine without it. No need for the Time machine in the upper left, there's a lot of space there and I'm confident they'll be an awesome mod made for it! The expression lighting is left out on the Premium and can likely be added to it if preferred, however, I have it on my LZ LE so I'm WAY more interested in the code/call outs for this game with Geddy, Alex & Ed. What a great day for pinball & my wallet! In for a Pro, the first time since Tron & GB since not missing much at all!! There's my early review too.

#1380 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Pretty much the same take on it. Will go pro for this one, like the art better also.

Absolutely! I LOVE the art too! The fun comic art totally matches the band's personality and it's realistic at the same time. LOVE the owl on the translite! Will look incredible in the game room.

#1409 2 years ago

I just can't get over how solid the Pro looks! the didn't skimp and put real drop targets in, the subway is still there, the art is beautiful! Looks Fast!! One thing I can say about Borg? Like Aerosmith whether it's a Pro or Premium/LE they are all Great.

#1415 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

Did we need an homage to LOTR and or Austin Powers center ramp? Have they run out of ideas? Sorry that’s all I could think watching the video initially bummed as a rush fan. Will play it and see how it goes. Sorry to slow down the hype train.

Just look at it this way.. It makes sense.. LOTR is one of Ed's favorite if not his favorite game.. and it didn't need a motorized ramp to lift it up to the center. I just love that all models are amazing.. this was NOT the case with Led Zep or Godzilla, you had to have a Premium/LE to have anything remotely close to the same experience. Well done, Stern!

#1425 2 years ago

Badass! and the only art with Roll the bones kid in the bottom right corner! A lot of people say they're not an art major and love it, well, as an artist & art major and although art is subjective? It looks the best in my book too.

Rush backbox (resized).JPGRush backbox (resized).JPG
#1447 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Godzilla pro is an amazing game. I played a LE and the mechs on it do not add to gameplay and to me was not worth the extra $2300 price tag over the pro. LZ rising electric magic spinner is good but again didn’t blow the pro out of the water.
Congrats to RUSH fans, glad Stern didn’t screw you over like they did to us Led Zeppelin fans. Pro definitely a good buy for the money. Premium art work on the cabinet looks terrible IMO.

That’s great to hear about Godzilla Pro! At first glance it looks to be missing a lot but I’m gland it plays well! Have to check it now.

#1466 2 years ago
Quoted from gentrsa:

After everything $12,399 direct for Insider LE from Stern Website, dang!

Exactly.. and to think the Pro is literally 1/2 that and Amazing.. sorry folks, it just makes no sense. I’m going back to basics. Weider principles! Playing pinball and loving it. I’ll leave that pricing & stress to the Wall Street traders to deal with.

#1504 2 years ago

It's really cool to see the comradery between Alex, Geddy & Ed. It does make everything about the game more interesting and believe it will translate to more fun in the gameplay.

#1513 2 years ago

Just read the artists story too.. this game & crew is like a breathe of fresh air!

http://www.sunburndesigns.com/about/

#1543 2 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Been checked out all day so sorry if this has been brought up already, but the layout really reminds me of Tron with better space utilization and a higher BOM. I think this game's gonna kick ass, and I'm not really a Rush fan at all. Side by side for the lazy:
[quoted image]

Awesome comparison.. It's kinda like Tron with a diverter for the ramps and has drop targets! The other day I was wondering if Tron had drop targets? and wasn't sure.. now will have the best of both worlds. It's gonna play amazing & fast!

#1573 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

It was a total thrill for me to work on this project. Sort of impossible to put in to words actually...
To be asked by my favourite band to help oversee the creation of a Pinball Machine, my Favourite THING??!!
It was an absolute pleasure to work with Ged, and Al on this project. They KILLED it during the Callouts recording session. I think everybody is going to LOVE what they hear. An insane amount of callouts from the guys... oh ya, not to mention almost TWO HOURS of music?!?!
Borg put his Heart and Soul in to it.
The song list was an absolute blast to come up with. We were never going to please everybody, but TRUST ME... I'm a bigger Rush Nerd than YOU! I KNOW there are songs that aren't there that should be, but I truly believe there are ZERO songs ON the list that Shouldn't Be! The goal was to populate the game with BANGERS. Fill it with songs that would compliment the energy of pinball. I think we struck a really good balance.
My hat is off to the entire Stern team. Working with Jody on licensing, Borg on Design, Greg and Michael on the Art, Tim on Rules, Zach on Marketing etc etc. Everybody there gives a shit about every little decision, and the care and attention they put in to each is astounding! I had conversations with Gomez, Dave Peterson, John Buscaglia etc etc... At EVERY LEVEL the company is pushing to give the project what it needs to be successful.
As a Pinball Fanatic it was INCREDIBLE to be part of the whole process.
I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I loved being a part of making it.
Thanks for all of the early positive feedback. It was a labour of love, and I really think it will show.

Thanks so much, Ed! Seriously can see your passion coming through here.. Bigtime & can't wait to play it!

We'll all have a pin soon that's Barenaked Ladies approved!!

#1610 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

How is that "fair"? That's close to 3k over msrp including tax. Fair would be using spooky's model with a larger quantity and let the buyer decide which model they want. Then maybe this BS flipping ends and buyers get what they really want. I would think Stern would ultimately make more money as well.

Yes, I've started to see the wrong shift here the last couple of games with the LE buying. More people wanting LE's (more than just the fans) and probably for the wrong reasons to try & make money or worried about money and it seems less about the actual game. There's not enough LE's for the fans who truly want them & it sure feels like there needs to be. Even some distributors not calling like they used to because they may know 'investors' are involved and they'll easily be able to sell them. Could be bad for pinball. Personally? I'm loving the Pro on this one! Very well done & appears to be more of a player's choice. I bet it hold's good value in the future too. I wish the Pro on all new releases was this easy of a decision!

#1616 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I agree with all your points and the pro looks great, but let's be honest you're buying a pro at the rekatively recent price of the premium. Good news is at least it feels like we are getting a similar product for the sane price point.

Absolutely, it feels good and Stern wins either way! but boy.. $12.4 out the door for an LE? that wouldn't feel good at all! Pro it is this time.

#1626 2 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Hi All, I am having trouble getting an idea of one feature that is only on the LE and Premium. The feature is called "Expression Lighting System™ - 96 intelligent RGB LEDs enables full color spectrum control; synchronized & adjustable, responsive to game events".
This appears to be a band of lights around the inside of the cabinet.
I know this can be added to the Pro, but does the Pro come with white lights (not the 96 color), and are they responsive to the game events?
Trying to get a feel for which one I might prefer, and how much I would prefer it.
Thanks!

Actually, something very important.. The Premium -does not- come with Expression lighting. More the reason I like the Pro. With LZ the Premium did come with it.. so whether you buy a Pro or a Premium.. if you want this feature? It's extra.

#1718 2 years ago

Congrats to everyone who grabbed a game today! Here's a video on my phone from their last concert.. a medley of Red Barchetta & Spirit of the Radio. Enjoy!

#1855 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

A fun Rush Story from me...
Many years ago I was vacationing with my family at a particularly fancy place in the Bahamas. One night, on the way in to the dining room I spot the unmistakable backlit silhouette of Geddy Lee, who to my Surprise addresses me first! "Ed?", he says, surprised. "Ged!", I say excitedly. We managed to share a meal or two over the course of the week long vacation, and I try to play it cool as best I can.
The following year we find ourselves at an even fancier spot in Hawaii, and who is also at the same resort?? Geddy and his family!! Crazy. We manage a meal or two.
Year Three. I'm at a Four Seasons somewhere on the Mexican Coast, and a guy approaches me at the pool, and says, "Is it Canadian Music Week here? I just met Geddy Lee over by the other pool!". I walk over and stare in disbelief as THREE YEARS IN A ROW I have surreptitiously booked THE SAME RESORT at the SAME TIME as Geddy and his family. I say, "Ged... Are you stalking me?? Do we have the same Travel Agent?" We don't, by the way.
Geddy laughs, and says "See you at Dinner?". So, after a few meals together Ged says, "I don't know if you know this about me, but I'm somewhat of a "Birder". The Blue Footed boobies are currently nesting on a small chain of islands close by here. I've rented a sail boat to go check them out in a couple of days. Would your family like to join us?".
"That would be fantastic!", I say truly looking forward to the excursion, the boat, the birds, hanging with Ged etc.
I return to my room and I check my email. I have an email from a good friend of mine in Minneapolis. My pal (And amazing drummer!), Eric Fawcett has written to say, "Ed- I HATE to ask this, but I know you're sort of tight with the Rush guys. They're coming to Minneapolis and all the good seats are sold out. Would you mind asking for a good pair of tickets for me? I'm more than happy to pay"
I responded, "Eric- I'm going to answer this email like the 12 year old inside of me would have wanted me to. I'll ask Geddy for your tickets while we're sailing off the West Coast of Mexico doing some bird watching together on Friday afternoon!"
Eric responded right away, "I love how you roll!"[quoted image]

Cool story. 'Birder' seems no matter how long on the planet we can learn a new term everyday, I'll have to remember that next time we're bird watching!

#1861 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Here is how I viewed this
1 - clock doesn’t interact with ball and I’m sure someone will mod this and I believe the mode is still there, clock interacts with hits to the pops from what I’ve seen.
2 - ball lock behind drops, there is still a hidden shot on pro so shot still there
3- time machine still functions same minus ramp, who cares...
4- scoops still there with subway top just doesn’t eject, I can possibly see a mod for this, if not who cares
5 - the vuk is really the one big item you miss out on
Pro is going to be great especially with expression lighting and did I mention the art package rocks!

Great points, this was almost exactly what I was thinking yesterday and why I like the Pro.. PLUS, no matter how it's perceived with the Le's that somehow they have more still? It's just not enough to justify double the price and I'll stand by that. For double the price, at the very least it could've been signed by the band, they were involved in the project. Pro is the new LE for me because it seems they are purposely not making enough LE's now and distributors are not allotted enough which is basically intentionally manufactured rarity, not real.. I'd love for 2022 just to go back to playing pinball again and enjoying it, even picked up a couple EM's last year and they are just great. I like all models so happy for everyone who picked the game up yesterday, but for me? It's a PRO and very excited about it! Can't wait to play it.

#1863 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

You guys got me seriously considering a pro. I'm a used premium guy but the pro here checks all the boxes. And the translite kicks ass.

For sure. I'm a hardcore Rush fan like the rest of you. I'm in my late 40's and had Moving pictures & Signals posters on my bedroom wall when I was only 10 years old, lol. I've purchased many LE's in the past, but this time because of what's going on in the pinball world? It's a PRO for me this time and very excited about it! Maybe things will change in the future and Stern will sort it all out but very excited about this PRO!

#1868 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Honestly can't remember the last reveal where all 3 versions looked so b'dass, and were so well received.

Yes, and I do understand we are still paying more for the Pro & Premium's regardless so Stern wins either way.. but I do remember a Stern from 2014 or so, where we walked around at a Pinball show, we talked, he was super cool and his biggest concern was if my daughter was playing pinball and if I was passing it on to a new generation. I had a pinball collection & didn't even own one Stern at the time but he convinced me that his games were the best and was very happy to have my business. He would joke that we need more Rich Doctor's, lol. Now it seems some people can't even get the version of the game they want any longer, even if they want to or have the money! So I'm happy to save some money too.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1870 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I've never understood the mindset that just because you're a huge fan of something you have to have the LE. All versions have the same songs and callouts and pretty much everything related to the band. If the LE had personal callouts, extra songs, or a lock of Geddy's hair I'd understand it, but it's just different art. No one outside of the pinball World would even know the difference between versions. They'd think you're a die hard fan for having any version of the game.

Exactly. My daughter is fully grown now & when she plays my games? She could care less what version it is, thinks they are cool either way and loves to see the mods I've done so we get into that, play pinball & have a good time.. that's what it supposed to be about, right? Keeping the ball alive.

#1874 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

This would be a really appropriate addition to the LE, especially since the guys were so involved. Didn't Cassandra sign the Elvira LEs?
LEs havent shipped yet, right? Quick, get the aprons to the guys for autographs!! lol

Exactly! These were my thoughts and Elvira did come to mind for me as well.. but then I thought, so what would that mean? a $25,000 CE for the autograph & Starman shooter rod? This is why I just think something has to change for the better and hope it will. It's just not smart to buy one anymore no matter your net worth. I love my Scared Stiff, I just went to Elvira's website & bought a copy of her coffin table book signed directly to me by her for $75. I love it!

#1892 2 years ago

Changing the mindset for 2022! We've all been brainwashed. Not buying into the Pro, Premium, or LE thing.. It's 'Promium' all the way, finding my way back home!

#1923 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Why is Geddy playing a six string guitar?

It was just discovered that Geddy Lee is playing a 6-string bass instead 4 on the Pro.. so not only is the backglass cool but on the sideart it has now been deemed an 'error' and the value has gone up already by $2,000.

#1935 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

And this will be the only thing I see on the art anytime I approach the game. I can’t un-see it!!

Hahaha.. you can always buy this guys LE for 14K shipped instead of 7 for a Pro. Nothing to see here!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/127500

#1948 2 years ago

I wonder if Jamel_AKA_Jamal grabbed himself a pin yet? apparently Rush is his favorite band now. Good stuff!

#1965 2 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

The art looks correct on the left side and it is certainly mirrored. I wonder what happened in the flip???[quoted image]

Yes, and I also reached out to the artist about the 6 string thing.. what we're seeing on the other side? the final art may have not been used in that pic.. so hang tight, I'll try & confirm when I have more info.

#1989 2 years ago

Haha.. well, I agree with you for the most part about the game and I like Ozzy too but really do like the all of the art and faces as well! You can see from the photo’s here where the artist may have borrowed from and to me it looks like he cleaned them up real nice! These 2 original pics are pretty iconic, but maybe not so flattering, It’s like he made them look super cool instead of smiling or goofing around if they were going to be immortalized onto the game. Neil was super badass in the 70’s with the stash.. he looked like a Mage.. in the 80’s he was super fit Mr. Clean cut so the artist could’ve went a lot of directions, glad he chose this one.

3CA7EF5A-7C59-49C9-8380-D362F3E7F94E (resized).jpeg3CA7EF5A-7C59-49C9-8380-D362F3E7F94E (resized).jpegE8F6B419-C374-47AB-94D2-90C99BFF91EE (resized).jpegE8F6B419-C374-47AB-94D2-90C99BFF91EE (resized).jpeg7B7FB73E-95E9-4B2E-B277-E5A41DE9C3F9 (resized).jpeg7B7FB73E-95E9-4B2E-B277-E5A41DE9C3F9 (resized).jpegA89AF2A6-4C17-470D-B3AD-9D9A62DAC64C (resized).jpegA89AF2A6-4C17-470D-B3AD-9D9A62DAC64C (resized).jpegF3B2B50C-B1AE-4BC3-99CD-74270B285472 (resized).jpegF3B2B50C-B1AE-4BC3-99CD-74270B285472 (resized).jpeg
#1991 2 years ago

WoW. Alright, I may have to do this one. What’s the color code for it? Looks like it matches the owl perfectly. Like a teal? Love it!

DEBAD729-C07C-447A-BD2B-B2619FAECECD (resized).pngDEBAD729-C07C-447A-BD2B-B2619FAECECD (resized).png
#2060 2 years ago

Enjoy the beer. For sure, I'm down for a large cup of straight up black coffee on day 1 of this pin.

Cranking up this one starting the day, haven't heard it through in a while.. Geddy's bass solo at around 3:00? I'm looking at a special sub now for this game instead of the usual!

#2066 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Find yourself a BassTech 7 servodrive unit on ebay and be done with it.

Damn.. that’ll do it & cover Neil’s drums too

#2068 2 years ago
Quoted from Dobler:

I’m still a bit in shock about this. Honestly I never expected to ever see a Rush pinball machine go into production.
I was also a bit crushed on the timing since I’m expecting to get my JJP GNRLE this month (fingers crossed) after months and months of waiting and am not willing to give that up even though Rush is my grail theme. My wife knows that I’m a huge Rush fan and said that I have to get one.
If I didn’t have the GNR coming I would have probably tried to get an LE, which seems crazy to say about a machine I’ve never even seen being played let alone touched. So I’ve got my name down for a Pro. I generally dislike the Pros because they are usually so lacking, but in this case seems actually pretty decent and just couldn’t make the extra $ work for the other models. Love the back glass art on it and actually I think I like the cabinet art over the Premium, but I rarely look at the cabinet art anyway.
I’ve always wanted the experience of having a NIB machine and here I am, about to have two and it looks like both within the next couple months.

Good decision. Coming from someone who has a GNR LE in their collection and a CE, SLE, etc, which are great games too, I’ve just learned through experience to look at games when they come out and really pick them apart, being sure I’m not getting ripped off and getting the best bang for my buck. I’m down for a Pro this time, super easy decision. Ever since I seen that crazy Elvira CE pin come out? That was the straw that broke the camel’s back for me.. just a pure over the top cash grab. Very happy about the Pro on this one and the other cool thing is that you’ll receive it quickly too. One good thing I will say that’s still great about Stern is that they build games pretty quickly. Congrats!

#2071 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

So your getting a Pro then? lol sorry wasn't sure yet. JK

Haha.. you think? And Congrats on the LE if you’re getting one. Maybe make some cool mods for it? you know I’ll be buying them.

#2075 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Moon could probably do more drugs than all the other "elite" drummers but I never got what people loved about him. Just all over the place. Didn't help that I wasn't a huge Who fan music wise I'm sure. I prefer Stewart Copeland over Moon and Bonham actually.

Ok.. you are talking about the greatest here so I like them all but good point about Copeland, all one has to do is listen to early Police and no questions he’s right there with them.

#2077 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Was just playing you made the choice for You and thats all that matters! Did get in on an LE as this is a band I always enjoyed as a kid. Luckily if I have any issues John Borg is my neighbor so I can just knock on his door if anything goes wrong lol. Will say as I don't think he would mind me sharing, he REALLY put everything he had into this game (which he usually does) as a huge fan and Does see this thread. Like most artists he was a bit nervous if his vision and creation would live up to the expectations of Pinside but was Very happy to see the responses so far. I personally couldn't ask for more then he has put into this dream band game and we hope to add our personal touch of creation on it with his blessing.

Awesome. Touché. Please say hi to the Borg for me and let him know I did buy this one & his Aerosmith LE, that was a tougher choice for me between the pro & le because of the extra playfield but still couldn’t go wrong either way with that one! I think Borg & Gomez are my favorite designers. Be blessed.

#2086 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Hopped onto his stream briefly the other night and heard him mention the plan was to stream a Premium model w/ Expression light kit. Hope the plan doesn't change.
I also hope it is a Keith Elwin style stream - just play the game and explain bits of rules as you go along - rather than a Dwight Sullivan stream - where you take off the glass and spend 45 minutes going over rules minutia and bore the audience to tears.

I hope whomever is doing the forecasting at Stern understands how many expression lighting units will need to be ordered with this release? Between the pro & the premium buyers and purposely limiting the le’s, that’s a lot of kits. Will they be able to meet the demand? Or will everything be sold out again like most everything for months?

#2088 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

If you are getting a Pro or Premium and want the Expression Lighting kit, I'd order one NOW from your distributor.

Can someone please recommend to me a good distributor? I want to deal with someone who is good but doesn’t already have too much business where they don’t return your phone call. Thanks

#2113 2 years ago

This is pretty good to understand a bit more about Rush.. If you were lucky enough to meet Neil sometimes he'd ask people what book you were reading, or what was your favorite book? or just simply to keep reading. Some idiots would say Rush's lyrics were the worst ever but imo that makes them one of the best ever.. it's just that maybe some didn't understand or take the time to listen.

#2147 2 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

The Pro backglass is by far my favorite.

Can't wait to see what that's gonna look like in person.

Premium looks good too albeit conservative & safe.

They should've included the expression lighting for it, let's be real folks.

Hope they'll be on in the stream tomorrow! Lookin forward.

#2155 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I really like all 3 art packages - can’t go wrong w any of them. I decided to go the LE route cause it was my favorite of the 3, I like the extra mechanics/features for the Prem/LE, and I have a strong feeling the expression lighting and side rails are going to be in short supply given the huge demand for this game. After owning a LZ premium for almost a year now, I couldn’t imagine playing RUSH without the expression system. Love the way it looks and interacts.
Got my coin door magnet and the above mentioned start button mod on order, Klipsch sub ready, unopened RUSH pop figure set (I like to add them on the top cab/ topper), and already in line for the topper and shooter knob. Thank you GAP for coming through yet again for me![quoted image]

I like them all but love the Pro & Le. I agree about the expression lighting, no way my Zep LE would be the same game without. I sure hope they won’t be in short supply, I called around and distributors don’t seem to be allowed to take orders for them yet? Both the pro and premium have cutouts on the side of the game to fit them.. can you even put a regular side blade over it? There are screw holes I think without them there I’m guessing would have to he thicker material or a mirror blade. I can only imagine it’s in their plans are to sell a ton of them and would be silly not to, but then again.. I’m still waiting on my Zep Topper. Gee whiz.

#2180 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Nice find .Could it be a stainless steel push button device somewhat like you would see on a hand drier ?

I'm almost certain it's a wider stand up target with an aluminum covered outside shell that functions just like a regular target to trigger the ramp.. someone can easily make a rectangular cushioned decal for it with any image they'd like if desired.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2185 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Sounds correct .Just might not have room for the cusion .

It could even be static depending on how it was designed, ie. steel ball touches metal and triggers the ramp, it's one of the two.

#2186 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

The right side of the game needs a little more stuff to balance it out ... inspiration struck so I worked up this hydrant mod, to replace the flasher bulb dome at the S-curve in the ramp. Shown here on my X-Files so I could test it out:

[quoted image]

This is an awesome mod. Really cool homage to Signals.. sold.

#2251 2 years ago

RIP Neil Peart September 12, 1952 - January 7, 2020 You are missed.

Countdown to something really special tonight with the stream!

We're all keeping the band in our thoughts & his memory alive into 2022!!

#2375 2 years ago

Game is Incredible! Love how they were able to use the Rush footage from several different periods in their career.

#2482 2 years ago

Waiting for someone to start a an official Rush mod thread. A TON of opportunities out there for modder's!

#2565 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Well, got the disappointing news from my dealer.
They couldn’t secure me an LE.
Frankly, they have really let me down.
This is the second time I have requested an LE from them with failure. I’m Not one of those guys who has to have Every LE.
Seems to me they have their lists and any “new” pinheads just get screwed.
Suppose I’ll always be “new” and off the list.
How can I compete with guys who just put their money down on the list and take EVERY LE that comes? And the dealer just accommodates to those guys.
There are 4 pins that are important enough for me to want LE. (Been waiting years for them and 2 have now been made)
Iron Maiden (dealer screwed me)
Rush (seems I’m not eligible for their “list”)
Pink Floyd (if ever made)
Back to the future (if ever made)
Rather disappointed right now.

Sorry to hear about that. It's FOMO, try not to let it bother you. There's nothing to fear missing out on other than your $. All models of Rush are awesome. But Rush Pro may go down as Borg's greatest Pro ever made, right there with Met, Tron & Aerosmith. I wouldn't be upset about it all, you could buy a Rush Pro & if bought an Maiden Pro when it came out? You'd have 2 awesome games for the price of that one LE.. put your name in the hat for the others LE's if you really want but after playing those other 2? you may not want to.

#2595 2 years ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

Code looks great for initial version, game flows, and of course the music is great. Honestly I don't mind the art, especially when compared to the "copy and paste pictures" technique they rely on for so many of their games.
The callouts need to be redone. Hopefully they're listening to us on this.... No real excitement for most of them, felt like Alice Cooper taught Alex how to do the voice work.
Some of the video footage needs to be better aligned with the music, maybe they need to bring a drummer in to watch and help them better align it.
Also, far too much of the "new" footage. Great mix of songs, and heavy on the pre signals era which was always the best era. Use footage from the correct era, the correct tours etc.
All this said, premium already ordered, but it may stay in the box until the voice work is fixed.

Fly By Night was is my favorite mode.. the older footage, graphics with the owl, lighting, it really stands out.. Hope they mixed up the other modes a little more with the different era's of footage that they have.. better dynamics. Subdivisions was good, but the original video had a Tempest arcade machine in it.. they could've just used that, it's great the way it is.

#2597 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The Klipsch is has a deeper, fuller sound. Tough to describe but there is a noticeable improvement in the Klipsch subs.

I agree. I have many polks and use them for most games and they work just fine but for rock pins I like Klipsch. You get 2-3 x more power, tight & clean for only $50-70 more dollars. 12's are just a little more but not much, but since all my subs are 10's.. I stay with 10's so they don't look out of place.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MH42BBI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#2598 2 years ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

Yeah, subdivisions was done well, as was big money. Watching 2015 footage on 70s songs just doesn't work though, as you also noticed.

Yes.. the 2015 footage sort of blended in together and I didnt't think the songs had as much impact. Just nitpicking though.. GNR uses all new footage so I'm happy Rush even has access to it. Maybe with code updates? I'd love to see them keep tweaking it.

#2600 2 years ago

I also like these to connect them.. and with any sub that doesn't have inline connectors. Very simple to hook up to RCA inputs direct from the cabinet speaker.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HBJMHVV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

#2616 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

It's definitely not the greatest idea on Earth to hook this up that way. There's a bigger difference between speaker level inputs and the RCA inputs than just the connector. The speaker level can be much higher voltage and might do damage unless you turn the volume way down in the on-screen menu. If you want to go in through the RCA jack you really should use the pinnovators mod.

Forgot to add that I do use the Pinnovator's mod at speaker level and then to the connector, thanks. One thing that I don't believe in is using 1 sub for multiple games.. I like the sound way better individually even though splitter's are made to do that.

#2621 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Forgot to add that I do use the Pinnovator's mod at speaker level and then to the connectors, thanks. One thing that I don't believe in is using 1 sub for multiple games.. I like the sound way better individually even though there are splitter's are made to do that.

#2627 2 years ago

Attention Pro owner's, something cool.. I did get confirmation back through the artist that we'll have 4-string Geddy on the cabinet art.

#2789 2 years ago

Game looks good from the angle on these new videos, I like the Starman in the middle of the slings and even without the expression lighting, the colors seem to reflect nicely off the sides.

1 week later
#3136 2 years ago

WoW. These are so beautiful up close when you click on them! They have a cool airbrush look that I didn't pickup that well in the reveal. Excited.

RushPro (resized).JPGRushPro (resized).JPGRushPro1 (resized).JPGRushPro1 (resized).JPGRushPro2 (resized).JPGRushPro2 (resized).JPG
#3199 2 years ago

We better not be getting our games here in the US with single coin doors, it would just be another cost savings switcharoo despite the price increase.

#3202 2 years ago

I hate LEAN manufacturing. hmmm.. let's see.. let's give them something between this & that, save $100 for the company.. they'll never notice the difference! NOT.

https://na.suzohapp.com/products/coin_doors/40-0708-00

https://na.suzohapp.com/products/coin_doors/40-0008-00

#3206 2 years ago

All models advertised with standard, double-entry coin doors, I'm not expect anything less. It's probably not a good idea to keep letting go of things and being OK with it, it's good to call things out. If not, next thing you know, we'll have a home model as a Pro & the LE's will look like Pro's. No apologies here.

Rush (resized).JPGRush (resized).JPG
#3212 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I am OK with it. Why cling to that out-of-date technology in 2022? It's clear that most sales are in the home now. Barcades are using other tech to collect money via loading a card with money or using our phones make the transaction. Coins/bills are filthy and a pain to deal with.
I'd rather have a sheet of HD playfield glass for my new Rush... or shaker motor or one of a thousand things that would be more valuable to me than a coin mech that 99.9% of home users will never use. In the unlikely event that I would sell my Rush to an operator, let him buy a coin mech.

I would be OK with it too if they provided a sheet of HD glass and shaker motor, but that's just it.. they won't.. careful what you wish for folks, it's a business, so there will be no HD glass, no shaker motor, no Expression lighting, and yes, no coin mechs. As a matter of fact, if they ship without this? Then we'll be buying all of those things + the coin door from Happ. I wonder when enough will be enough for most? Seems to me that all these features should be expected at these prices. I like the coin operated look, especially if you have a home arcade with classic games, it fits in much better no matter old or new games.

#3306 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Looks like the first pin has landed!
[att=672
6276,2721014 caption=""]
Off facebook

Damn. Literally! The Owl has landed

#3328 2 years ago

Double coin door chute, check. Lot's of really good shots on this game all over.

#3429 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Located at One Well in Kalamazoo, MI. Just arrived today (1-24-22).
[quoted image][quoted image]

This has gotta be the first game where a reflection in the glass doesn’t bother me. I hope to have the same Owl reflection in mine and will never change it to HD glass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 80sMan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players?tu=80sMan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.