20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 89.
#4101 2 years ago

Just posting more stuff while I “patiently” wait for news on my Pro. I was hoping I might get good news this week, but I guess not. I think there is a chance of getting one of the initial run of Pros, but I may need to wait until after the LEs. Upside I guess is that scoop issue should be resolved. Complicating things is that my distro is 3-4 hours away so I can’t just run out and grab it when it arrives.

934975CE-AB72-4A96-BB8E-07D7E9123C37 (resized).jpeg934975CE-AB72-4A96-BB8E-07D7E9123C37 (resized).jpeg
#4102 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just saw this on utube, not my video . Anyone who's played see this happening? Be easy to protect or change spring,,

The same thing happened on the pro game I played. The bell was flying all over the place. I played about 25 games overall and it happened 80% of the time. Not sure how to fix it.

#4103 2 years ago

i

Quoted from Dobler:

Just posting more stuff while I “patiently” wait for news on my Pro. I was hoping I might get good news this week, but I guess not. I think there is a chance of getting one of the initial run of Pros, but I may need to wait until after the LEs. Upside I guess is that scoop issue should be resolved. Complicating things is that my distro is 3-4 hours away so I can’t just run out and grab it when it arrives.
[quoted image]

Waiting for a Pro as well i hope i get a later run, i can wait a little rather have then fix the issue First.. my distro is 10 hours away in Hillsborough OR...im in norther Ca oh well no sales Tax

#4104 2 years ago

F797A324-F97E-47BD-BC44-19FAF00CC730 (resized).jpegF797A324-F97E-47BD-BC44-19FAF00CC730 (resized).jpeg

6 days ago. Must be waiting on protectors.

#4105 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

The same thing happened on the pro game I played. The bell was flying all over the place. I played about 25 games overall and it happened 80% of the time. Not sure how to fix it.

On auto plunge only or manually too? I guess if it's known you can adjust , maybe a lighter spring will help. I'll put a sleeve around post to prevent damage. Hoping I find out soon!

#4106 2 years ago

Picked up my Pro today…

6B4E42E8-11D1-4FB6-BAC5-65171809B7E4 (resized).jpeg6B4E42E8-11D1-4FB6-BAC5-65171809B7E4 (resized).jpegA4A5A8CF-8D18-4137-809F-E8BFCA9B1684 (resized).jpegA4A5A8CF-8D18-4137-809F-E8BFCA9B1684 (resized).jpeg
#4107 2 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Picked up my Pro today…
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats.. Welcome to the club!

Initial thoughts?

#4108 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

i

Waiting for a Pro as well i hope i get a later run, i can wait a little rather have then fix the issue First.. my distro is 10 hours away in Hillsborough OR...im in norther Ca oh well no sales Tax

Sounds like there are a few of us here getting machines from Next Level. Ouch, 10 hours! Guess I don’t feel like I’m so far away now. I sold my only pin 7 months ago to fund a GNRLE, that I’m still waiting for, so I’m itching to get something in the house. Sounds like my GNR should have shipped by about now so that may come in first which is fine.

I don’t think I can get them both in the same trip so I’m not sure what I’ll do if they come in at the same time. That’s not true, I’ll either find a friend who can help or I’ll just make two trips back to back. Totally worth it. Ha ha.

My 10yo son wants to film an un-boxing video (or videos) to be his first posts on his YouTube channel.

#4109 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

On auto plunge only or manually too? I guess if it's known you can adjust , maybe a lighter spring will help. I'll put a sleeve around post to prevent damage. Hoping I find out soon!

When manual for me. I didn’t use the auto plunge. I will try auto plunge next time I play.

#4110 2 years ago
Quoted from Dobler:

Sounds like there are a few of us here getting machines from Next Level. Ouch, 10 hours! Guess I don’t feel like I’m so far away now. I sold my only pin 7 months ago to fund a GNRLE, that I’m still waiting for, so I’m itching to get something in the house. Sounds like my GNR should have shipped by about now so that may come in first which is fine.
I don’t think I can get them both in the same trip so I’m not sure what I’ll do if they come in at the same time. That’s not true, I’ll either find a friend who can help or I’ll just make two trips back to back. Totally worth it. Ha ha.
My 10yo son wants to film an un-boxing video (or videos) to be his first posts on his YouTube channel.

It's a 10 hour day , round trip to nx level, but it goes so fast, always a good trip. Have you visited there yet? Worth an overnight stay when you pick up yr games

#4111 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Congrats.. Welcome to the club!
Initial thoughts?

Thanks. I didn’t play mine yet. I have some little stuff to do to it prior like cleaning, waxing, etc.

While at my distributor today (spent 3.5 hours hanging there today) I did play the Pro he had set up. Thumbs up all around. I did have a slight disbelief moment where I said to myself, “wait, I am actually playing a Rush pinball machine”. All good, really dig the Pro translite.

#4112 2 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Thanks. I didn’t play mine yet. I have some little stuff to do to it prior like cleaning, waxing, etc.
While at my distributor today (spent 3.5 hours hanging there today) I did play the Pro he had set up. Thumbs up all around. I did have a slight disbelief moment where I said to myself, “wait, I am actually playing a Rush pinball machine”. All good, really dig the Pro translite.

Its the best backglass/translight of the 3 for sure

#4113 2 years ago

Played the pro couple nights ago.
Not sure how to score. Only played a handful of games.
Fun shooter. Plays very fast.
I like it.
Never got into Rush back in the day. I was always a Zeppelin fan.
But the tunes were great. Game was a blast.

#4114 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It's a 10 hour day , round trip to nx level, but it goes so fast, always a good trip. Have you visited there yet? Worth an overnight stay when you pick up yr games

Yeah, been there several times. I was blown away before the expansion, now it’s insane! I’m actually in the main picture on their web page, which is funny because that just happened to be taken one of the few times I was there. I do have friends in the area so I try to get out there whenever I visit them.

Last time I was down there I decided to play in their Friday night tournament. Probably only my third or fourth tournament ever, and to be clear I am not a great player by any stretch, but I had a lucky night and was playing well. Ended up placing 2nd and just barely missed first place by an opponents extra ball that was plunged out and hung up in the bumpers long enough to edge me out. Had so much fun though that I’m definitely planning on stopping in on Fridays when I roll into town now.

#4115 2 years ago

I was finally able to spend about 3 hours shooting a Rush Pro tonight at The Pinball Lounge in Oviedo, Florida. Although Rush is my favorite band, I really wanted to give an objective point of view on the gameplay, theme aside. The Pro I played did not have any plunge issues whatsoever, whether it was manual or auto. I thought the shots were nice and flowing and was happy that each flipper had it's own "set" of available shots and that a couple of shots could be hit with either flipper. None of the shots were overly tough and the "through the pops" left orbit shot seemed a bit easier to me than Iron Maiden or KISS. I was pleasantly surprised that the dead end shot returned the ball to the right flipper instead of SDTM, and the Time Machine front release returned the ball to the flippers 98% of the time as opposed to a SDTM. One of the coolest features was the scoop having 4 (left inlane, left flipper, right flipper, right inlanes) different exit trajectories instead of just 1. Knowing when but not where the scoop will eject the ball is a welcome change. The 3 instrument drop targets and the 4 individual R-U-S-H stand up targets were a refreshing change on the pro, unlike the single bar stand up that is prevalent on other pros (Munsters Lily for example). I really think that regardless of theme, most players will like that actual gameplay of this pin. I think the metal/plastic ramp combo also worked well with this pin. All the shots on the pro were satisfying and I think the dead end shot might be the only shot that could be considered a dud. Also kind of cool is the pro I played tonight is one of the few that made it out of the factory before the translite and right side artwork of Geddy's bass were corrected. I think despite the initial groaning about theme, all you who purchased one will be pleasantly surprised with how well this pin shoots.

20220211_195055[2] (resized).jpg20220211_195055[2] (resized).jpg20220211_200108[1] (resized).jpg20220211_200108[1] (resized).jpg20220211_195035[1] (resized).jpg20220211_195035[1] (resized).jpg20220211_195108[1] (resized).jpg20220211_195108[1] (resized).jpg

#4116 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

i

Have you ever had any trouble getting a pin worked on by a distributor who is far away? I also live in Northern Cal. and thought about using an Oregon distributor.

#4117 2 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

I did the the same.. I hit start and heard the Spirit of Radio and thought OMG - this thing real.

Hopefully you get up and running today.

#4118 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I live about 15 min away from Stern
-excited is an understatement

How does this work? For the folks that live real close to Stern, do they still use a freight shipping company or do they just hire a moving company to drive them around the area?

#4119 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

How does this work? For the folks that live real close to Stern, do they still use a freight shipping company or do they just hire a moving company to drive them around the area?

I believe Local distributors can pick up, but I don’t know this for fact. The only thing I know for fact, is that having a local outstanding distributor as well as Stern being 15mins away is the only good thing about living in the state of Illinois. Everything else about this state sucks!

#4120 2 years ago

John-Floyd today:

64A2CA04-C9EB-49BC-9116-E6EE130A8221 (resized).jpeg64A2CA04-C9EB-49BC-9116-E6EE130A8221 (resized).jpeg
#4121 2 years ago

That’s fairly accurate (minus the window being open - its 13* with a high of 29) haha - Fingers crossed. Waiting/hoping for the phone to ring!

Update - Def not happening today - another member here said stern doesn’t have the fix implemented yet so a little delay is happening I guess. No worries

#4122 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

They've been building them. International orders ship first. Then Canada. Then US. I'm guessing the ones for the US get to us before anything gets to Canada.
Many US buyers should see the game before the end of the month.

Boob … LE’s …. February 25th for us The Canadians(Canadians like RUSH)

The 1,000 Limited Editions should have been just ours my dear American brothers and with the Canadian Flag on the apron …

#4123 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

The 1,000 Limited Editions should have been just ours my dear American brothers and with the Canadian Flag on the apron …

All in with Canadians - Go Canada!!
BFBAB99E-9868-4361-85C0-88D4B20C0628 (resized).jpegBFBAB99E-9868-4361-85C0-88D4B20C0628 (resized).jpeg

#4124 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

All in with Canadians - Go Canada!!

Ok so 998 LE for Canadians, 1 for you Vino and 1 more for Boob

#4125 2 years ago

I think anyone lining up for a Rush LE pin is by definition an honorary Canadian

#4126 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

That’s fairly accurate (minus the window being open - its 13* with a high of 29) haha - Fingers crossed. Waiting/hoping for the phone to ring!
Update - Def not happening today - another member here said stern doesn’t have the fix implemented yet so a little delay is happening I guess. No worries

Or are they shipping LEs with defect in place???

#4127 2 years ago

So, do I understand this correctly

The scoop protector issue unresolved,
AND they’re still shipping Pro’s & LEs with the issue?

I thought I’d read the problem was fixed.
But then someone else posted Their engineering dept still working on it, not yet solved.

#4128 2 years ago

Nobody has received an LE yet so who knows. The video that Borg posted a week ago showed LEs on the line with different scoop protectors than the pros shipped with. I’m guessing that the parts dept is out of the loop and the LEs have the fix. We will know soon enough.

#4129 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Nobody has received an LE yet so who knows. The video that Borg posted a week ago showed LEs on the line with different scoop protectors than the pros shipped with. I’m guessing that the parts dept is out of the loop and the LEs have the fix. We will know soon enough.

Can you tell me what the difference is between the Pro and the LE protector seen in Borg’s video?

#4130 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Can you tell me what the difference is between the Pro and the LE protector seen in Borg’s video?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/80#post-6761862

#4131 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

With that trucker blockade, it might be February 25th of next year. And your timeline was pretty much like mine.

BUT...the United States MADE Rush. So really, without us, you'd have no pinball machine. They should all be shipped to the U.S.

#4132 2 years ago

I just got a PM from Tim Sexton confirming the LEs are being built with the scoop protector fix.

#4133 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

I just got a PM from Tim Sexton confirming the LEs are being built with the scoop protector fix.

hell yes, Ive been anxious about this.

#4134 2 years ago

This game is amazing! It’s worth the wait!

1B165909-6941-4ACD-AD16-9A067665C823 (resized).jpeg1B165909-6941-4ACD-AD16-9A067665C823 (resized).jpegC37838C1-62B9-4620-9FCE-D4A2FAE0D015 (resized).jpegC37838C1-62B9-4620-9FCE-D4A2FAE0D015 (resized).jpeg
#4135 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Looks great, as does the signage in the background! Been collecting those for 30 years

#4136 2 years ago

This is the original front scoop protector. I do not know the fix but if the fix is to add support angles for underneath for the sides like the leg in the front then I think that would do it.

3926BA2D-FF73-4D87-A26A-ED80FE62A01C (resized).jpeg3926BA2D-FF73-4D87-A26A-ED80FE62A01C (resized).jpeg

#4137 2 years ago

Congrats and I agree.

I had a very fun afternoon with the machine and I'm in love!

#4138 2 years ago

Congrats!
That second pic is super cool. Nicely done collecting, decorating and shooting!

#4139 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Yeah! ...and why is the AMERICAN flag shown during the animation sequence in the Subdivisions multiball? Of course thrilled that this machine is being made, but man, absolutely no Canadian references.

#4140 2 years ago

Some first impressions for me after about 40 games is I really like what they did with the skill shot, that right flipper to left ramp shot feels like classic Steve Ritchie ‘High Speed and satisfying when made. Yes the upper dead end shot is kind of a dud when hit but I’ve had no issues with drains so far. The spinner rips with awesome sounds affects that I rank right there with AC/DC. Couple things I would love to see if possible is to change the dead end target sound to that quick burst from about the 7.50 mark of Xanadu. That target behind the drops would be great to have the explosion sound from 2112: Overture. Just wishing. I love this game so far.

#4141 2 years ago
Quoted from Craziestsinge:

Yeah! ...and why is the AMERICAN flag shown during the animation sequence in the Subdivisions multiball? Of course thrilled that this machine is being made, but man, absolutely no Canadian references.

Not played one yet, but that would annoy me. One good thing about it though, since they are changeable in updates that could be corrected.

#4142 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just told my wife that I hear Elk Grove Village is a wonderful community and we should go house-hunting there.

Now you have taken this obsession too far!

#4143 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

LE has the upgraded scoop protector, all games going forward also. The early Pros will have to get the retrofit kit from Distributor or Stern. Contact your selling dealer for info. Or submit a warranty claim with your serial number and info etc....

#4144 2 years ago

Have no fear my northern friend. There are a metric ton of 'Canadian references' in the callouts from Geddy and Alex.

#4145 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

With that trucker blockade, it might be February 25th of next year. And your timeline was pretty much like mine.
BUT...the United States MADE Rush. So really, without us, you'd have no pinball machine. They should all be shipped to the U.S.

Just an FYI to @tominator, who downvoted this statement: I think most people understand this was just a joke. Please don't cancel me.

#4146 2 years ago

Not to worry ,when we hear Rush we all think Canadas Best.

#4147 2 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Have no fear my northern friend. There are a metric ton of 'Canadian references' in the callouts from Geddy and Alex.

Rush is very much a North American band and it was very much a Can-Am collaboration..

It's all good!

#4148 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I live about 15 min away from Stern
-excited is an understatement

I’m also close to Stern about 30 min my distro saying he may have my LE this week. Can’t wait

#4149 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Rush is very much a North American band and it was very much a Can-Am collaboration..
It's all good!

Suppose you're right that Rush's audience is North American and this is a terrific Canadian/US collaboration. However members of Rush (Geddy and Alex) choose to remain living in Toronto, b/c this is where their roots are and Toronto is an amazing city. If owners of this machine are fortunate enough to get an additional song like YYZ with the purchase of a topper, then the animation sequence has got to include Toronto landmarks.

#4150 2 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

True! But the typical East Coast Canadian stereotypical lingo (not that I don't appreciate it), but Rush isn't from the East Coast and probably don't actually speak that way. I do like the nod to Canada however in the call-outs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods
Plastics
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 135.00
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/83?hl=anathematize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.