20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 89.
#4001 2 years ago
Quoted from Dobler:

This will be nice next to my Rush Pro when it comes in. Not sure when I bought this (wasn’t ‘83 for sure) but it’s one of my favorite posters.
[quoted image]

I had that poster, bought it in May 83 when I saw them in Heidelberg Germany for my first RUSH concert. Disappeared a few years later when my parents moved after I had gone stateside to go to college. Wish I still had it!!!

#4002 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I just played a RUSH pro here in So Cal. The protectors were a joke. We took the glass off three times to get the stuck ball out. Overall I was not impressed with the game play. Maybe the code is just not developed. The game is not even close to Godzilla. The music was great though!!! Hopefully they fix the scoop issue before they mfg the LE and Premiums. Overall first impression is disappointing. Hopefully the code improves and soon.

Played the pro for the first time today as well and at least we can agree the protectors were a joke which actually caused unnecessary SDTM drains.
The shots overall flow for days and feel great. Callouts were perfect knowing the humor of the band.
So excited that I decided to get in line for a premium for the additional features.

#4003 2 years ago

As a fan, all models will be great. But I think the prem/le just has too much to offer over the pro. And it's so early in code, it's not fair to judge the game . It's amazing how good gz has gotten with each update, I expect the same with Rush.

#4004 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I just played a RUSH pro here in So Cal. The protectors were a joke. We took the glass off three times to get the stuck ball out. Overall I was not impressed with the game play. Maybe the code is just not developed. The game is not even close to Godzilla. The music was great though!!! Hopefully they fix the scoop issue before they mfg the LE and Premiums. Overall first impression is disappointing. Hopefully the code improves and soon.

That really sucks for you, man. I thought it was amazing and an amazing Borg game.

#4005 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Code is probably part of it but just your issue with the balls getting stuck likely ruined your experience with the machine.

If all goes well I am picking up my pro tomorrow. It's from a new batch - I hope the scoop issue is fixed.

#4006 2 years ago

Maybe to someone who has 1000 pins
This will just be another pin.

However I have zero doubt this pin will be a hit with 99% of pinheads.
You can just tell. The game looks fantastic.
Full package this is a pin imo you go all in on, and enjoy for years to come.

I have zero doubt, I am going to love this pin.

Borg has a winner.

#4007 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Sounds great!! Man these young kids are so talented!!!

Agreed. And nice to see that this music has appeal to people beyond middle-aged white dudes! Maybe bodes well for Rush pinball on location…

#4008 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Maybe to someone who has 1000 pins
This will just be another pin.
However I have zero doubt this pin will be a hit with 99% of pinheads.
You can just tell. The game looks fantastic.
Full package this is a pin imo you go all in on, and enjoy for years to come.
I have zero doubt, I am going to love this pin.
Borg has a winner.

2nded! I only played it for a couple minutes to tease myself and fell in love with it and that was a Pro Model. Adding in the LE extras, this Pin will be one of my Fav's. Rush fan since I was 11yo.

#4009 2 years ago

Sorry if it’s been mentioned but can anyone tell me what songs you are not able to select to play? An example would be Metallica you have to earn and justice for all end of the line is another.
Of the 17 songs how many can you select when game or ball is started? Trying to decide if I’m going to unbox my LE next week or sell it to someone NIB that would enjoy it.

#4010 2 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Sorry if it’s been mentioned but can anyone tell me what songs you are not able to select to play? An example would be Metallica you have to earn and justice for all end of the line is another.
Of the 17 songs how many can you select when game or ball is started? Trying to decide if I’m going to unbox my LE next week or sell it to someone NIB that would enjoy it.

Damn, I meant to check that but as soon as I flipped through a handful I saw 2112 And had to stop there and plunge.

#4011 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Damn, I meant to check that but as soon as I flipped through a handful I saw 2112 And had to stop there and plunge.

2112 is one of the top on my list. That’s good news

#4012 2 years ago

Any distributors have any Pro's for sale ???? I can't find one anywhere in stock

#4013 2 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Any distributors have any Pro's for sale ???? I can't find one anywhere in stock

First run of pro's mostly go to operators.

#4014 2 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Preorders only. Looks like April for the consumer run of Pros.

#4015 2 years ago

Got my dice today from willipinball today, great looking. Super good guy, highly recommend checking out his mods!

20220208_143645 (resized).jpg20220208_143645 (resized).jpg
#4017 2 years ago

I must say, I’m very pleased with this game. I like Rush as much as anybody who listens to classic rock does, not a exactly a fan but don’t dislike them either. The theme did nothing for me and historically I’m not a fan of borg games but man o man I sure am a fan of this one. I can’t believe how well it plays on essentially entry code.

#4018 2 years ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

Preorders only. Looks like April for the consumer run of Pros.

Mine is here.. Getting tomorrow hopefully

#4019 2 years ago

Played a friends Pro for a few hours last night that is going on location in the next few days. This game is awesome!

1) This game is fun!
2) The game needs an external sub or augmented speakers. The stock speakers are anemic (think transistor radio sounding).
3) Protector Gate is real - the scoop protectors were bent and hanging up the ball in a matter of hours of play.
4) They need to balance out the volume of the callouts in relationship to each other. Some were audible, some were too quiet you couldn't hear them (simple code update)
5) They need to change the font on the screen. They laid it out like they have a JJP sized screen with information all around the perimeter of the screen. You can't read 1/2 of it without leaning way over the playfield or standing next to the game.
6) The squeak sound is still there but it isn't at all annoying as it was on the streams. It's just another sound of the game.
7) ZERO cheap drains (except from the Time Machine but they have a ball save on it).

Lots of fun shots. Awesome variety. The lock shot on the left is SUPER late. The left shot through the pop bumpers is make-able 8 times out of 10 unlike others like Aerosmith where it is 1 time out of 10. Hold the upper flipper up to bounce that pop bumper orbit shot into the upper scoop. If not, watch it or the ball will rocket down to the lower flippers and out if you are not ready. Great flow and awesome ability for many combos.

Short plunge to the variety of skill shots (red arrows).

Left ramp, very make-able. Top diverter - very cool.

Time machine is a very long shot that takes some skill but not impossible (we all were able to hit it - eventually).

Upper orbit has to be my favorite. Hit it with the upper flipper. When it comes around to the right orbit lane, it hits the side and rattles, then consistently feeds the upper flipper so you can shoot it again. I think my record for the night was 8 in a row. I need to find the mode where that pays off. If there isn't one, there needs to be one added.... so fun!

Least favorite Pro shot is the dead end shot. That thing comes right back at you like you bricked a ramp shot and hit one of those little targets off to the side of the ramp (think POTC bricked shot).

Most dangerous Pro shot is the music drops on the left and Freewill multi-ball target behind them. It comes right back to the flippers. Need to practice that one...

Overall - this game is a blast! Being a Rush fan will help you enjoy it more but this will be popular with pinball fans everywhere.

#4020 2 years ago

You can pick any of the songs to play at the start of your ball except Cygnus X-1 book 1 and 2.

#4021 2 years ago

#4022 2 years ago

Hearing a lot of positive chatter from the local guys that finally got to play the pro last night - even from non-Rush fans. I'll get my chance this Saturday and can't wait!

#4023 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Played a friends Pro for a few hours last night that is going on location in the next few days. This game is awesome!
1) This game is fun!
2) The game needs an external sub or augmented speakers. The stock speakers are anemic (think transistor radio sounding).
3) Protector Gate is real - the scoop protectors were bent and hanging up the ball in a matter of hours of play.
4) They need to balance out the volume of the callouts in relationship to each other. Some were audible, some were too quiet you couldn't hear them (simple code update)
5) They need to change the font on the screen. They laid it out like they have a JJP sized screen with information all around the perimeter of the screen. You can't read 1/2 of it without leaning way over the playfield or standing next to the game.
6) The squeak sound is still there but it isn't at all annoying as it was on the streams. It's just another sound of the game.
7) ZERO cheap drains (except from the Time Machine but they have a ball save on it).
Lots of fun shots. Awesome variety. The lock shot on the left is SUPER late. The left shot through the pop bumpers is make-able 8 times out of 10 unlike others like Aerosmith where it is 1 time out of 10. Hold the upper flipper up to bounce that pop bumper orbit shot into the upper scoop. If not, watch it or the ball will rocket down to the lower flippers and out if you are not ready. Great flow and awesome ability for many combos.
Short plunge to the variety of skill shots (red arrows).
Left ramp, very make-able. Top diverter - very cool.
Time machine is a very long shot that takes some skill but not impossible (we all were able to hit it - eventually).
Upper orbit has to be my favorite. Hit it with the upper flipper. When it comes around to the right orbit lane, it hits the side and rattles, then consistently feeds the upper flipper so you can shoot it again. I think my record for the night was 8 in a row. I need to find the mode where that pays off. If there isn't one, there needs to be one added.... so fun!
Least favorite Pro shot is the dead end shot. That thing comes right back at you like you bricked a ramp shot and hit one of those little targets off to the side of the ramp (think POTC bricked shot).
Most dangerous Pro shot is the music drops on the left and Freewill multi-ball target behind them. It comes right back to the flippers. Need to practice that one...
Overall - this game is a blast! Being a Rush fan will help you enjoy it more but this will be popular with pinball fans everywhere.

Fantastic summary thank you.

So looking forward to it - couldn't sleep last night, too excited. Ha ha.

#4024 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Yup this is a very important mod! I have both a Rush Pro and Godzilla LE side by side at home, both with stock speakers but I'm using an external sub on both with that cheap Pinnovators kit and the difference is huge. In fact at the volume level I play which is around 10 on Stern's volume settings, with the sub I'm having a hard time telling the difference in sound quality between the two machines. I had thought of swapping the backbox speakers in the Rush Pro with better ones but I may just leave them be as the sub seems to give huge bang for the buck. Not sure if that's because of my ears, because of the limitations in the stock amp and sound recordings or because I don't blast the machines loud so the stock amp/speaker setup isn't being stressed enough to tell the difference.

#4025 2 years ago

Ditto that! Add a sub first-it makes all the difference. If you want to go beyond that then by all means do it

#4026 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Yup this is a very important mod! I have both a Rush Pro and Godzilla LE side by side at home, both with stock speakers but I'm using an external sub on both with that cheap Pinnovators kit and the difference is huge. In fact at the volume level I play which is around 10 on Stern's volume settings, with the sub I'm having a hard time telling the difference in sound quality between the two machines. I had thought of swapping the backbox speakers in the Rush Pro with better ones but I may just leave them be as the sub seems to give huge bang for the buck. Not sure if that's because of my ears, because of the limitations in the stock amp and sound recordings or because I don't blast the machines loud so the stock amp/speaker setup isn't being stressed enough to tell the difference.

External sub is the biggest bang for the buck audio wise on any pinball machine. I just ordered a Klipsch R12SW that will be shared between Rush LE and Iron Maiden Premium.

The built in audio amp on Sterns is way underpowered and sounds crappy even on LE speakers. I've been experimenting with small external amplifiers along with 5.25" backbox speakers and a cheap $10 amp is a noticeable improvement. I'm honing in on a combination I like and will be replicating it on all my Sterns.

#4027 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

External sub is the biggest bang for the buck audio wise on any pinball machine. I just ordered a Klipsch R12SW that will be shared between Rush LE and Iron Maiden Premium.
The built in audio amp on Sterns is way underpowered and sounds crappy even on LE speakers. I've been experimenting with small external amplifiers along with 5.25" backbox speakers and a cheap $10 amp is a noticeable improvement. I'm honing in on a combination I like and will be replicating it on all my Sterns.

I'm curious on what you ultimately decide on. I've done the Kenwood 5.25" speaker upgrade on my DP and have the external sub, but have not messed with any amps. I thought about going pinwoofer, but not sure if that's the route I want to go just yet.

It would be awesome to hear what you decide on here or via PM as I'm very interested myself.

I want to give my Rush LE some great sound.

#4028 2 years ago

Have about ~20 games in on our pro and aside from the scoop protector being absolute garbage the game is definitely fun. Feels a little x-men, turtles, tron, aerosmith and kiss... all at the same time. PLUS WALKING DEAD DROP TARGETS!!! So basically a Borg greatest hits collection.

The code is definitely pretty bare at this point. You can tell there is tons of room for growth. Heck, it only has 30 achievements implemented at the moment and they are all pretty basic 'start/complete the thing' type achievements.

My only real negative is that it feels like you end up hearing the same parts of songs over and over again. Bastille Day comes to mind (not my favorite Rush song by a long shot so it definitely sticks out like a sore thumb).

It also kind of sucks that the song doesn't transition to the next one in the playlist if you do manage to play long enough to get through an entire song.

#4029 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

I'm curious on what you ultimately decide on. I've done the Kenwood 5.25" speaker upgrade on my DP and have the external sub, but have not messed with any amps. I thought about going pinwoofer, but not sure if that's the route I want to go just yet.
It would be awesome to hear what you decide on here or via PM as I'm very interested myself.
I want to give my Rush LE some great sound.

I have pinwoofers on all my music pins and gz as well. Better speakers without increasing power is a waste of money, I know this from several tries. Rush needs to be played at volume and with much better clarity, pinwoofer solves that.

#4030 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I have pinwoofers on all my music pins and gz as well. Better speakers without increasing power is a waste of money, I know this from several tries. Rush needs to be played at volume and with much better clarity, pinwoofer solves that.

I understand, and that's a great perspective. I've heard good things about PW. I will say though, the $25 on Kenwoods weren't a waste of money. There was a definite improvement 100% noticeable; with an external sub and cranked loud it sounded great for us. $25 is a very small amount for a pinball mod if you don't want to spend $400+ on a PW.

Might not be a PW level or difference, but when that costs $400+ and the speakers cost $25, and we went from crap 4" speakers to 5.25" Kenwoods and we're happy with the sound difference that made, it wasn't a waste of money. Not at all. I may explore the consideration of a pw for Rush just to try one out as I have a dedicated Klipsch for it already - it sounds like a fun investment.

#4031 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

I understand, and that's a great perspective. I've heard good things about PW. I will say though, the $25 on Kenwoods weren't a waste of money. There was a definite improvement 100% noticeable; with an external sub and cranked loud it sounded great for us. $25 is a very small amount for a pinball mod if you don't want to spend $400+ on a PW.
Might not be a PW level or difference, but when that costs $400+ and the speakers cost $25, and we went from crap 4" speakers to 5.25" Kenwoods and we're happy with the sound difference that made, it wasn't a waste of money. Not at all. I may explore the consideration of a pw for Rush just to try one out as I have a dedicated Klipsch for it already - it sounds like a fun investment.

Good to hear, my experience with Kenwood was different, no noticeable improvement. Maybe saying waste was too harsh by me, but I'm spoiled by pw stuff now I guess

#4032 2 years ago

FWIW we played a Rush pro on the weekend. The place had the sound cranked up on the machine and the bass was overwhelming the stock speakers something fierce. The bass hits were obviously bottoming the speakers out and 'blatting' at us.

#4033 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

FWIW we played a Rush pro on the weekend. The place had the sound cranked up on the machine and the bass was overwhelming the stock speakers something fierce. The bass hits were obviously bottoming the speakers out and 'blatting' at us.

So, how did you like the actual gameplay?

#4034 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

So, how did you like the actual gameplay?

Oh, game play was good! None of the shots were impossible to hit. The scoop would shoot it at the right lower flipper and you could easily chuck it right back in even though it's narrow. The left orbit through the pops was hittable, not impossible like some other games with that same shot. The dead end shot was a little underwhelming, but it didn't seem to ever drain STDM, fed to the right lower flipper. Prem/LE should be a lot more satisfying with the VUK. The outlanes were closed to the max and still got some Borg'd shots. Does feel like a 'best of borg' layout. Can't wait to get ours.

Code needs some polishing, some of the callouts were kind of soft and drowned out by the music. Need to understand the rules better, but I did manage a 195 Mil game on my 4th try.

Oh, the shots from the upper right were all makeable. the inner loop is interesting as it's not a Steve Ritchie loop, if finishes by hitting something, nearly stopping and feeding nicely to the upper flip.

#4035 2 years ago

Oh, one more thing. The pro we played had several Lazarus balls during the evening. Don’t leave the flipper buttons right away!

#4036 2 years ago

Eagle has landed in Canada (or in this case the Owl)..

20220209_171826 (resized).jpg20220209_171826 (resized).jpg

#4037 2 years ago

Well you guys changed my mind about The Big Money, and Headlong Flight still gets played 4-5 times a day here. But can anyone honestly say they're happy about Far Cry making the cut over other tracks that are more universally loved?
Will admit I'm new on Far Cry. Maybe it will grow on me, but I think I'll always be like IT SHOULDA BEEN YYZ

#4038 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Well you guys changed my mind about The Big Money, and Headlong Flight still gets played 4-5 times a day here. But can anyone honestly say they're happy about Far Cry making the cut over other tracks that are more universally loved?
Will admit I'm new on Far Cry. Maybe it will grow on me, but I think I'll always be like IT SHOULDA BEEN YYZ

I would think the mass majority of Rush fans agree, grab a song off the first 10 studio albums would have been better, but Far Cry was probably my favorite Rush song off the last few albums.

#4039 2 years ago

Does anyone know why they picked the songs they did? I know they all agreed on 15 or so then negotiated the others with ea other. Maybe there are reasons why they chose what they did. Me, im just happy as a pig in sh☆t about this pin bein made, happier too that we got so many songs, not the standard 10.

#4040 2 years ago

the call outs grow on you... especially when you can hear it cleanly. There are still a ton of lines that go over totally flat.... but Alex's humor is great at times. It just lacks those real moment call outs.... some of the combo value ones get there a little bit.. but not really.

It's not horrid, its just not as traditional in format I think. I would like to see more energetic/shock/suprise type lines. Geddy is pretty low level too kinda of throughout.

#4041 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'd be cool with it if it wasn't maybe the easiest multiball to start. It's fine but we're gonna hear it a ton and would've preferred Freewill there instead of behind the drops.

#4042 2 years ago

Just saw this on utube, not my video . Anyone who's played see this happening? Be easy to protect or change spring,,

#4043 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I didn't even know the song Far Cry, but I mostly know their early stuff, kinda stopped listening to them after Roll The Bones. Was the same when I had the AC/DC pin, have never heard War Machine also because I had long since stopped listening to them.

#4044 2 years ago

I think Rob at Madaboutpinball May have some Rush Pros.

#4045 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I didn't even know the song Far Cry, but I mostly know their early stuff, kinda stopped listening to them after Roll The Bones. Was the same when I had the AC/DC pin, have never heard War Machine also because I had long since stopped listening to them.

Lol. ACDC has THE longest song in rock history, clocking in at 17 albums hahaha.
War Machine rocks though. One of the 2 I left in, all the rest switched out to Bon Scott tracks.
I'm in the same boat. If you haven't heard Counterparts though, you should check into that asap! GREAT album!

#4046 2 years ago

“17 albums “. LOL. That’s funny.

#4047 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Lol. ACDC has THE longest song in rock history, clocking in at 17 albums hahaha.
War Machine rocks though. One of the 2 I left in, all the rest switched out to Bon Scott tracks.
I'm in the same boat. If you haven't heard Counterparts though, you should check into that asap! GREAT album!

Man, I love you, Gryszz...but I've been listening to all the Rush albums in order and Counterparts and Vapor Trails are both fairly unlistenable. And I realize why I bailed out on this band pretty much after Presto. I don't feel I missed much. Yes...there are some great tracks (like Animate), but most of it is just soulless pablum and a far cry (see what I did there?) from the first half of their career. (I really liked Roll the Bones for some reason, though!)

But AC/DC did do the same song for 40 years. I never realized there are literally no more than the same 4 or 5 chords on every song...and all in the key of E. That actually takes a certain amount of genius to write that many songs with the same damn chords.

#4048 2 years ago

Boob, buddy, the first 5 tracks on Counterparts are absolutely stellar. I don't have Vapor Trails (yet).
Dude. Nothing that Neil Purt ever touched was soulless
BELEE DAT
❤️ you too ya wrong mf

#4049 2 years ago

You really need to give Between Sun and Moon another shot. 2nd best track behind Animate imho

#4050 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

You really need to give Between Sun and Moon another shot. 2nd best track behind Animate imho

For you, anything.

(But mostly because you could squash my head like a grape between two fingers.)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/81?hl=anathematize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.