20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 89.
#3952 2 years ago

The video above shows the upgraded scoop protector. Looks like it now attaches under two posts and seems to flare out along the sides. Can’t see the inside at all. Here are a couple of poor quality screen grabs.

3E39D85D-AF36-4F59-B08B-F55FBF149A4E (resized).jpeg3E39D85D-AF36-4F59-B08B-F55FBF149A4E (resized).jpegE266B3D5-8B80-4D9B-85E4-B18167F08A9D (resized).jpegE266B3D5-8B80-4D9B-85E4-B18167F08A9D (resized).jpeg
#3953 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I wonder if they will send out replacement decals for those with the games without the final art? Seems only fair given they admit to the error.

What are you talking about? These will be the most valuable machines out there.

Like the Inverted Jenny.

#3954 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Not ashamed to admit I've always liked her. Her music still holds up, always will.

And bam she crushed the nineties too.

#3955 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

The video above shows the upgraded scoop protector. Looks like it now attaches under two posts and seems to flare out along the sides. Can’t see the inside at all. Here are a couple of poor quality screen grabs.[quoted image][quoted image]

a little birdie told me that the original screw-up was with the supplier for the scoop protectors. they delivered materials that weren't what was original specified (thinner and of a softer metal).

#3956 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

a little birdie told me that the original screw-up was with the supplier for the scoop protectors. they delivered materials that weren't what was original specified (thinner and of a softer metal).

It certainly does look thicker now - see second screenshot above. Hope it doesn’t make that really tight shot even tighter.

#3957 2 years ago

Im not trying to be rude but yall need a madonna thread.Rush is whats happening Baby.

#3958 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I remember, as a teen, waiting up late to listen to the Dr. Demento radio show. I'd have my portable radio on the table, and my cassette recorder sitting in front of of it recording the show.
A year ago, someone on ebay had four auctions going. Each auction was for 5 seven inch reel to reel tapes, (all new Maxell tapes that had only been recorded on once, all in mint condition). All of these tapes were the Dr. Demento show, recorded in 1978.
I bought all 20 tapes.....Brough back a bunch of memories.[quoted image]

"They're coming to take me away haha, they're coming to take me away hoho hehe haha , to the happy home, where life is beautiful all the time. With trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers who smile and twiddle their thumbs, they're coming to take me AWAY haha"!!! Loved Dr. Demento.

#3959 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

[quoted image]

You don't like Hand Over Fist but like Madonna?

Besides Get Into the Groove, Madonna's music is shit. Just like Culture Club - Just sayin.

#3960 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

What is great is that everyone has a favorite Rush era. Late late 80s Rush tends to get the most heat.
What do you guys think about Presto?
I’ve been revisiting it this week and enjoy the title track more than I remember. [quoted image]

I LOVE Presto........I was "late" to Rush and got into them at 19 years old in late 1989 when A Show of Hands came out. Presto has such a great vibe and has many catchy tunes. First album released after becoming obsessed with them so it also has sentimental value. Everything after the first two songs is money. The Pass and Presto are such mellow songs that have such meaning. Anagram, Hand Over Fist, War Paint, Available Light, even Red Tide!!!! Can listen to it over and over all the way through, even accepting of Show Don't Tell and Chain Lightning lol.

#3961 2 years ago

Wow. This girl rocks.

#3962 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Sorry if this has been posted but good article about how Robertson got involved and that yyz didn't make the cut because Villa beat it for the last song spot.. good read.
Ultimate Classic Rock: How Barenaked Ladies' Singer Helped Design Rush's Pinball Machine.
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/rush-pinball-barenaked-ladies/

Jesus, sub YYZ for The Big Money!

#3963 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

Jesus, sub YYZ for The Big Money!

Wait for it.......

#3964 2 years ago

It certainly does look thicker now - see second screenshot above. Hope it doesn’t make that really tight shot even tighter.

Its funny… for as small as it is… it’s not s hard shot. It lines up with the right flipper so well you hit it with ease. I would not be concerned.

#3965 2 years ago

The video above shows the upgraded scoop protector. Looks like it now attaches under two posts and seems to flare out along the sides. Can’t see the inside at all. Here are a couple of poor quality screen grabs.[quoted image][quoted image]

Is Stern support already shipping these?

#3966 2 years ago

I concur...Big Money is the dog of the setlist!

#3967 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I concur...Big Money is the dog of the setlist!

If I had to choose, I think I'd take off Far Cry or One Little Victory. Those don't feel as connected to the rest of the tracks in the game, sonically, as Big Money.

#3968 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

If I had to choose, I think I'd take off Far Cry or One Little Victory. Those don't feel as connected to the rest of the tracks in the game, sonically, as Big Money.

Same here. But even the least of these Rush songs are better than most other bands entire catalogs

#3969 2 years ago

Probably already posted 50 times but I just finished watching it and absolutely loved it, so I’ll post it anyway just in case someone missed it

#3970 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

This is about what I thought happened. Supplier issue.

Quoted from onemilemore:

I'm a huge fan of their last 3 albums. I would have been disappointed if it was all 70s/80s. Far Cry and OLV absolutely rock IMO.

#3971 2 years ago

Looks like the first Rush has hit the resale market

#3972 2 years ago

How can I get the Rush Banner from Stern?
I don’t see it on the website, even after I log in.
That would be nice to have

#3973 2 years ago
Quoted from Btrips9:

Email Zach at flip n out. I always have good luck getting banners through him.

#3974 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Wow. This girl rocks.

Sounds great!! Man these young kids are so talented!!!

#3975 2 years ago
Quoted from Btrips9:

Contact Jason from Classic Game Room(GA), see if he has any left, just bought mine last week from them.

#3976 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Looks like the first Rush has hit the resale market

For the Pro being sold, I can understand since they have an LE coming.

For the 9 LE’s listed for ridiculous prices, I’m just laughing. Hope they have to sit on them for a while

#3977 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Hand Over Fist is my favorite track on that album.

Methos, buddy, I was absolutely not making fun of you with that post. I've never heard the Rush song, but anytime I hear the phrase "hand over fist" I immediately think of THIS guy: Hanover Fist. From Heavy Metal, 1981.
Just clarifying.
hanover_fist_by_manoflamancha_d4zrhqh-pre (resized).jpghanover_fist_by_manoflamancha_d4zrhqh-pre (resized).jpg

#3978 2 years ago

Just wanna thank everyone in this thread. You guys finally convinced me the 1st thing that needs done: all the Rush songs pulled out and replaced with Madonna.
Thanks guys!
Who can help me with this?

#3979 2 years ago
tyronebiggums (resized).jpgtyronebiggums (resized).jpg
#3980 2 years ago

Surprise! Back on topic...lol.
Making my list for the arrival. Been awhile since I did nib.
So far I have:
--Klipsch sub coming
--mylar
--B/W corner leg brackets
Confession: I've never put that shooter lane protection on any of my pins. But for $10, I'm thinking I will for Rush. Does anyone use these religiously? Yeah I know to dial back the coil a little.
What else am I missing?

#3981 2 years ago

Also realized I don't think I've heard ANY tracks off of Presto. Trying to mitigate that this evening.

#3982 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Surprise! Back on topic...lol.
Making my list for the arrival. Been awhile since I did nib.
So far I have:
--Klipsch sub coming
--mylar
--B/W corner leg brackets
Confession: I've never put that shooter lane protection on any of my pins. But for $10, I'm thinking I will for Rush. Does anyone use these religiously? Yeah I know to dial back the coil a little.
What else am I missing?

Many just cut some mylar. Ive never had an issue just dialing down the eject. Though I also put cliffies on most of my shooter lanes eventually for peace of mind. Some I havent only because in some cases the cliffy didnt fit perfectly flush so I ditched it.

#3983 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Also realized I don't think I've heard ANY tracks off of Presto. Trying to mitigate that this evening.

Better album than I expected. Roll the Bones was even better. Then Counterparts was painful to get through after Animate. Yes...I'm currently up to Test for Echo and then have 3 more left. And then I'm officially sick of Rush after 19 albums straight and I'm heading right back to Yacht Rock 311.

#3984 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Methos, buddy, I was absolutely not making fun of you with that post. I've never heard the Rush song, but anytime I hear the phrase "hand over fist" I immediately think of THIS guy: Hanover Fist. From Heavy Metal, 1981.
Just clarifying.
[quoted image]

I can't believe I missed that reference, and I love the movie Heavy Metal. Consider me schooled and I apologize.

#3985 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Better album than I expected. Roll the Bones was even better. Then Counterparts was painful to get through after Animate. Yes...I'm currently up to Test for Echo and then have 3 more left. And then I'm officially sick of Rush after 19 albums straight and I'm heading right back to Yacht Rock 311.

HE ESCAPED THE IRON MAIDEN
HOW DASTARDLY

#3986 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Probably already posted 50 times but I just finished watching it and absolutely loved it, so I’ll post it anyway just in case someone missed it

Link not working for me... is this video available in canada?

#3987 2 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

Link not working for me... is this video available in canada?

Hmmm, well try and just look up the title from YouTube’s search box and grab it that way

#3988 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Just wanna thank everyone in this thread. You guys finally convinced me the 1st thing that needs done: all the Rush songs pulled out and replaced with Madonna.
Thanks guys!
Who can help me with this?

Lol. U totally remind me of thechakapakuni who used to be on pinside... Very similar style of humor - that's a compliment.

#3989 2 years ago

That was you wasn't it

#3990 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

That was you wasn't it

Totally. Good catch!

#3991 2 years ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

For the Pro being sold, I can understand since they have an LE coming.

I dunno about you folks who also haven't played it, but when I see someone sell a Pro after 30 games because they found an LE, I'm thinking the game must be a tragic dumpster inferno boat anchor. It's only reasonable.

#3992 2 years ago

Since we are on the topic of posters/banners, check this out! My dad has been a huge fan of Rush essentially since they've been around, and he collected some cool memorabilia over the years. One of those was this sweet poster that he saved and gifted to me when I was old enough to appreciate their music! This will be on the wall directly next to my Premium when it arrives!

PXL_20210821_212511726 (resized).jpgPXL_20210821_212511726 (resized).jpg
#3993 2 years ago

nice poster. I'd have it professionally matted though.

#3994 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

I dunno about you folks who also haven't played it, but when I see someone sell a Pro after 30 games because they found an LE, I'm thinking the game must be a tragic dumpster inferno boat anchor. It's only reasonable.

lol, if that line of thinking starts dropping pinball price, I say roll with it. Could be they wanted an LE, went for the Pro, then snag an LE. Not uncommon over the past 5-10 years.

#3995 2 years ago

Stern factory Rush pro scoop protector

4552ce0d-6c15-4d91-8e87-a4955b9c729f_4143255545879861.gif4552ce0d-6c15-4d91-8e87-a4955b9c729f_4143255545879861.gif
#3996 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Stern factory Rush pro scoop protector
[quoted image]

happy-gilmore-clubbend.gifhappy-gilmore-clubbend.gif

#3997 2 years ago

Question
office-jim-best-pranks-ranked (resized).pngoffice-jim-best-pranks-ranked (resized).png
If I bring up Madonna in this thread again, will I live to tell about it?

(great freakin movie)

#3998 2 years ago

This will be nice next to my Rush Pro when it comes in. Not sure when I bought this (wasn’t ‘83 for sure) but it’s one of my favorite posters.

458C23D9-F806-4677-84FC-F3B428D54E13 (resized).jpeg458C23D9-F806-4677-84FC-F3B428D54E13 (resized).jpeg
#3999 2 years ago

Actually it was a TERRIBLE fuckin movie that wasted 2 great leads in Penn and Walken wtf
Great song tried to salvage it

#4000 2 years ago

I just played a RUSH pro here in So Cal. The protectors were a joke. We took the glass off three times to get the stuck ball out. Overall I was not impressed with the game play. Maybe the code is just not developed. The game is not even close to Godzilla. The music was great though!!! Hopefully they fix the scoop issue before they mfg the LE and Premiums. Overall first impression is disappointing. Hopefully the code improves and soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/80?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.