20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 89.
#3851 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Grand Designs and Middletown Dreams are also highlights for me. Though, I love that whole album. Blasphemous as some might say, it's actually my favorite Rush album (followed closely by Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, 2112, and Roll the Bones).
This has been one of the most fun parts about this thread -- seeing how different everyone's Rush preferences are ... can we take a moment to think how cool it is, that their catalog is so deep and diverse that we can have such a variety of opinions?

I honestly love almost all of it and depending on my mood or time of day I could pick almost any of their albums to listen to (and because I'm old I like listening to an album from beginning to end). The depth, time span and size of the library is rare in this world. That's why Rush is so deserving of this machine to honor and celebrate their music.

#3852 2 years ago

Guys - if you haven't listened to this on Rush Pinball, you're missing out.

https://m.soundcloud.com/loserkidpinballpodcast/ep-78-making-greatness-with-ed-robertson

Annotation 2022-02-03 091326 (resized).pngAnnotation 2022-02-03 091326 (resized).png

#3853 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Grand Designs and Middletown Dreams are also highlights for me. Though, I love that whole album. Blasphemous as some might say, it's actually my favorite Rush album (followed closely by Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, 2112, and Roll the Bones).
This has been one of the most fun parts about this thread -- seeing how different everyone's Rush preferences are ... can we take a moment to think how cool it is, that their catalog is so deep and diverse that we can have such a variety of opinions?

Middletown dreams is definitely a highlight on an excellent Rush album. That intro is brilliant and the musical journey is just celestial, rhythmic, driving and so tight. Alex kills it in his solo just before they break it down at 3:15. Dreams transform desires! Neil, the professor, is a master poet and wordsmith.

Thanks for the assist I regret not mentioning that one. There's nothing wrong with the other two, just a few less static memories... So if you're going off memories, I require you to listen to it again before you post.
As said in another favorite song, Though it's just a memory, some memories last forever, but they all have their payoff moments and if you're a rush fan you won't turn any of them off. I just listened to the album and can confirm and pleased to report the following on the last two songs not mentioned:

Territories... Excellent
Emotion Detector... Excellent

Both quintessential Rush songs and all together this album is full of great lyrics, amazing transitions and rocking rhythms that make it a complete journey start to finish. Pulling songs out individually isn't near as good as the sum of its parts! Got headphones? Nothing better than an entire album of Rush in your skull start to finish. Ahhhh.

I feel regretful not standing up to how excellent this entire album is and just going off. Faded memory....

Couldn't agree more about the Spirit of the Forum.

#3854 2 years ago

the 2nd side of power windows has always been a favorite of mine. 'territories' (especially the bass & drums on the fade out), 'middletown dreams', 'emotion detector' and 'mystic rhythms'. such a perfect album side

'prime mover' on hold your fire has always been a favorite track as well

#3855 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Yeah 1985 was a very forgettable year in music
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If by "forgettable" you mean FULL OF JAMS then yes.

#3856 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Territories... Excellent

Better, the pride that resides in a citizen of the world
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled

always makes me so hopeful and so sad at the same time

#3857 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Guys - if you haven't listened to this on Rush Pinball, you're missing out.

https://m.soundcloud.com/loserkidpinballpodcast/ep-78-making-greatness-with-ed-robertson

Thoroughly agree, but a word of warning: the first part is about Lyman.

What Ed said was perfect but difficult to hear, but when he started talking about Lyman and Rush it got super dusty in here, I hit a wall and had to tap out.

You may want to wait until after work to listen, just sayin'.

#3858 2 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

Very nice! Do you what is the models of thoses lights?

The brand I purchased was Lixada from Amazon. There are several brands available with prices from under $180 for a PAIR. They're called "moving head lights." Even the cheap ones are really amazing in their movement and light shows and can react in real-time to Rush music if the music cranked loud enough! Plus you need an XLR microphone cable to connect and synchronize the movements. Here is the brand I purchased on Amazon.

To me this is a WAY cooler topper than yet another plastic Rush logo atop the machine. Definitely adds to the game play experience is a way that most static toppers cannot.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3859 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Thoroughly agree, but a word of warning: the first part is about Lyman.
What Ed said was perfect but difficult to hear, but when he started talking about Lyman and Rush it got super dusty in here, I hit a wall and had to tap out.
You may want to wait until after work to listen, just sayin'.

It was pretty emotional for the first 10 min. I didn't know Ed and Lyman were so close.

#3860 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I wasn't questioning your "cred". I was a little buzzed and was shitty that you were questioning mine, since I'm the only one in thus thread that admitted to saying "Purt" all my life.
I've known many, many Rush fans and honestly, I've never heard it pronounced correctly by any of them.
I got shitty. Today's a new day. No big deal. Sorry for the pretty lame insult. I can do much better ha.

Haha... no worries! Been there done that. I hadn't even seen your comment about admitting you said it wrong. We all have to learn at some point. What better place than a Rush pinball forum!

#3861 2 years ago

Any news on when the LE’s will be getting shipped

#3862 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Yeah 1985 was a very forgettable year in music
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I was 11 in 85. FM radio was a different beast back then. Not sure if I'm proud or ashamed that I know every single word to 95% of those songs ha.

#3863 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I was 11 in 85. FM radio was a different beast back then. Not sure if I'm proud or ashamed that I know every single word to 95% of those songs ha.

If there's a poll, I'd vote embarrassed

#3864 2 years ago

I remember sitting next to my radio for the Top 9 at 9, fingers ready to hit record on that cassette. Man I loved early Madonna ha

#3865 2 years ago

Death metal has been my #1 genre for 20 years, but man, I love me some 80's pop music.

#3866 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I remember sitting next to my radio for the Top 9 at 9, fingers ready to hit record on that cassette. Man I loved early Madonna ha

I remember, as a teen, waiting up late to listen to the Dr. Demento radio show. I'd have my portable radio on the table, and my cassette recorder sitting in front of of it recording the show.

A year ago, someone on ebay had four auctions going. Each auction was for 5 seven inch reel to reel tapes, (all new Maxell tapes that had only been recorded on once, all in mint condition). All of these tapes were the Dr. Demento show, recorded in 1978.

I bought all 20 tapes.....Brough back a bunch of memories.

DSC_4811 (resized).JPGDSC_4811 (resized).JPG
#3867 2 years ago

80s radio was the last and might I add GREATEST decade of FM radio rock. It was fucking glorious. No internet, no screens. Everybody racing to answer the home phone. So glad I grew up in that decade.

#3868 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I remember, as a teen, waiting up late to listen to the Dr. Demento radio show. I'd have my portable radio on the table, and my cassette recorder sitting in front of of it recording the show.
A year ago, someone on ebay had four auctions going. Each auction was for 5 seven inch reel to reel tapes, (all new Maxell tapes that had only been recorded on once, all in mint condition). All of these tapes were the Dr. Demento show, recorded in 1978.
I bought all 20 tapes.....Brough back a bunch of memories.[quoted image]

Wow, just WOW. AGAIN.
We need to get together soon bub. I'm dying to hear the reel to reel.

#3869 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Since we’re being honest ,my cousin Lisa took me to a Wham/GoGos concert at poplar creek when I was about 12 I think .I loved Kathy Valentine .Geddy and Kathy were most likely the reasons I played bass guitar Wham sucked I was just there for the Go Go’s .

#3870 2 years ago

I begged my mom to let me go see Pink Floyd with my older brother at the Rosemont Horizon back in 87 when I was 11 but she said “I know what goes on at their shows and your not going!” Luckily I saw them in 94’ and it was my favorite gig ever. I was born 20 years too late.

#3871 2 years ago

Technically it an be argued that the 90s were the last bastion of FM radio rock, and that's actually true.
But wasn't the same.

#3872 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I begged my mom to let me go see Pink Floyd with my older brother at the Rosemont Horizon back in 87 when I was 11 but she said “I know what goes on at their shows and your not going!” Luckily I saw them in 94’ and it was my favorite gig ever. I was born 20 years too late.

Haha you youngsters, I took my girlfriend, now my wife, to Kiss , with a weird warm up band we had never heard of ,ACDC, IN 1976. Was a huge wake up for a 16 yr old rural guy. Still have the ticket stubs and program

#3873 2 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Any news on when the LE’s will be getting shipped

They are currently in production and should start shipping by the middle of the month.

#3874 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Right there with you, I bet I’m in the minority but Power Windows and the heavy synth puts that album at the top of my list. I’m a professional drummer and keyboardist so I’m biased but I love everything they did keyboards or not and still come back to PW

#3875 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Haha you youngsters, I took my girlfriend, now my wife, to Kiss , with a weird warm up band we had never heard of ,ACDC, IN 1976. Was a huge wake up for a 16 yr old rural guy. Still have the ticket stubs and program

Awesome, the best memories for sure

#3876 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

80s radio was the last and might I add GREATEST decade of FM radio. It was fucking glorious. No internet, no screens. Everybody racing to answer the home phone. So glad I grew up in that decade.

TRUTH!! Nothing like the 80’s

#3877 2 years ago

I gotta say this has been the best thread ever on Pinside for me. I love reading everyone’s stories, memories and favorite Rush songs/albums and concerts. I always thought I was the only one who dug Power Windows and now reading all your recollections of it has been so kick ass. I can’t wait for my game and the unboxing party to hang out with a bunch of Rush fans and friends to talk about it in person. Party on fellow Rush fans!!

#3878 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think it was 84 I went to the Kabuki theater in SF and saw 3 new up and coming bands the opening band was Metallica

#3879 2 years ago

The greatest Decade ever!!

E V E R !

Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

TRUTH!! Nothing like the 80’s

#3880 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

The greatest Decade ever!!
E V E R !

Without question!!

#3881 2 years ago

I gotta say this has been the best thread ever on Pinside for me. I love reading everyone’s stories, memories and favorite Rush songs/albums and concerts.

Here I thought I was late to Rush when I discovered them in late 1981 with Moving Pictures. Bought a crazy little personal cassette player called a Walkman and the Moving Pictures cassette and my mind was blown...literally!

Coming full circle I was lucky enough to have taken all 3 of my kids to some Rush concerts once they were old enough to appreciate the experience. Time Machine tour brought me back to my beginnings with Rush when they played Moving Pictures in its entirety. Witch Hunt and Camera Eye they very rarely ever played live. What a treat!

#3882 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

I think it was 84 I went to the Kabuki theater in SF and saw 3 new up and coming bands the opening band was Metallica

Awesome the Kabuki in SF! I saw Rush at the Oakland coliseum arena in the 1980s. It was astonishing and blew away everything I had seen before or after by any band. I saw The Rolling Stones shortly after at the Coliseum with 65,000 others, and I still remember thinking how most in that crowd had no clue that Rush was just in town and that Rush was in a class by themselves. The stones were not in the same musical galaxy imo.

#3883 2 years ago

I gotta say this has been the best thread ever on Pinside for me. I love reading everyone’s stories, memories and favorite Rush songs/albums and concerts. I always thought I was the only one who dug Power Windows and now reading all your recollections of it has been so kick ass. I can’t wait for my game and the unboxing party to hang out with a bunch of Rush fans and friends to talk about it in person. Party on fellow Rush fans!!

It is greatness for sure. I must have listened to Power Windows 200 times the year it came out.

I don't have any Rush fan friends close by really so being here and combining Rush with pinball is pure nirvana for me!

#3884 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I don't have any Rush fan friends close by really so being here and combining Rush with pinball is pure nirvana for me!

Agree. This has been one of the best reveal threads connecting with fans. That’s what I love about finally having a Rush pin in the world.

#3885 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Wow, just WOW. AGAIN.
We need to get together soon bub. I'm dying to hear the reel to reel.

Which one?....I have 8

#3886 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I still dig some of those early Madonna records.

#3887 2 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

take it to the unpopular opinion thread,lol

#3888 2 years ago

Thx Jason, classic game rooms

20220204_144952 (resized).jpg20220204_144952 (resized).jpg
#3889 2 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Not ashamed to admit I've always liked her. Her music still holds up, always will.

#3890 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm mostly a punk and metal fan these days, but every road trip I take starts out with Madonna's "Holiday" and the whole Immaculate Collection CD. I love a couple pop divas.

#3891 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Not ashamed to admit I've always liked her. Her music still holds up, always will.

I can't say anything....

I like the Carpenters.....

#3892 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'm mostly a punk and metal fan these days, but every road trip I take starts out with Madonna's "Holiday" and the whole Immaculate Collection CD. I love a couple pop divas.

Gary Holt is a huge Madonna fan ha. If he'll admit it, so will I.

#3893 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I can't say anything....
I like the Carpenters.....

Talk about lame..
Haha totally
You can change it if you want
I don't care it's up to you
I can live with it if you can
Suit yourself!

hqdefault (1) (resized).jpghqdefault (1) (resized).jpg
#3894 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Ya mean this one lol

20220204_190109 (resized).jpg20220204_190109 (resized).jpg
#3895 2 years ago

Like a virgin multiball

#3896 2 years ago

Enough pop diva talk...back to the Kings!

#3897 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Enough pop diva talk...back to the Kings!

Someone say King?

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg
#3898 2 years ago

I bought that cd just to hear Rush cover my favorite Who song. Not as good as Roger and co, but damn fine effort.

#3899 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Thx Jason, classic game rooms
[quoted image]

Sweet!

#3900 2 years ago

Yeah never gave 2 shits about a banner, but the Rush ones pretty damn tight. Might have to get one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/78?hl=sluggo39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.