20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 89.
#3551 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Yeah I have a feeling that will be the case for me too at first lol. Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback, man!
I'm looking forward to my LE as well, but my buddy and I are actually going to take it to my uncle's house for a while once it arrives. He got me into Rush when I was young, he has seen Rush 30+ times and always wears a Rush shirt everytime you see him, but he recently suffered multiple strokes and thought he would love this pin while he recovers.
He has to have physical therapy several times a week, on medication the rest of his life, and is on medical leave from work, but we didn't lose him, so thought this would be great for him to enjoy while going through this. My nurse friend said it would be good for his coordination recovery too.
He totally flipped out when I told him, and we're really close, so it's a great feeling. He's been watching videos constantly because he is so excited lol. Maybe he'll give it back to me someday lol. Can't wait to play it though!

This is something that will make an impact on his daily life.Having something to do thats not regular rehab will be great for the spirit.

#3552 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Yeah I have a feeling that will be the case for me too at first lol. Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback, man!
I'm looking forward to my LE as well, but my buddy and I are actually going to take it to my uncle's house for a while once it arrives. He got me into Rush when I was young, he has seen Rush 30+ times and always wears a Rush shirt everytime you see him, but he recently suffered multiple strokes and thought he would love this pin while he recovers.
He has to have physical therapy several times a week, on medication the rest of his life, and is on medical leave from work, but we didn't lose him, so thought this would be great for him to enjoy while going through this. My nurse friend said it would be good for his coordination recovery too.
He totally flipped out when I told him, and we're really close, so it's a great feeling. He's been watching videos constantly because he is so excited lol. Maybe he'll give it back to me someday lol. Can't wait to play it though!

This is so cool man you've got to keep us updated-- need to hear his review! You are a true rock and roll dude

#3553 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

That's fantastic. I hope your uncle's is a country place

Hey, no one knows about that!

#3554 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

That's fantastic. I hope your uncle's is a country place

Did it used to be a farm?

Quoted from Lateralus:

Seriously, cheers to you -- this is the best thing I've seen on the internet this week!

#3555 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Did it used to be a farm?

Probably a long time ago. Ya know…before the “motor law”.

Quoted from SkyKing2301:

this is the best thing I've seen on the internet this week!

100% agree!

Quoted from Lateralus:

Best wishes to your uncle (white-haired?) and I applaud your gesture to lift his spirits, Lateralus
We should make him an honorary member in the owners club.

#3556 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Probably gonna have an unboxing party in March(?) when my LE gets here. You are definitely invited bud.
You ALL are invited.
Shit I might get my buddies to resurrect their b'dass Rush tribute band for it.

That would be epic man!

#3557 2 years ago

Toughest Rush guitar solo song?

#3558 2 years ago

It looks like just about everyone is having issues with the scoop protectors on the pros. I wonder if this was discovered early in the Pro run and they decided to stop the Rush line while a new protector was designed/manufactured. Seems like a more plausible reason than running out of parts after just a few days.

PinBallers are streaming the game right now and Mike already had to pull the glass once because the ball got stuck in the scoop due to the bent protector.

#3559 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

It looks like just about everyone is having issues with the scoop protectors on the pros. I wonder if this was discovered early in the Pro run and they decided to stop the Rush line while a new protector was designed/manufactured. Seems like a more plausible reason than running out of parts after just a few days.
PinBallers are streaming the game right now and Mike already had to pull the glass once because the ball got stuck in the scoop due to the bent protector.

Where can I watch the stream?

#3561 2 years ago

Do you vets think putting some mylar over the Cliffy will help with that? Before playing of course. Seeing quite a few bent Cliffs on that scoop. Just wondering if some mylar might help?

#3562 2 years ago

Went to the local Pinball Arcade to play Rush. VUK protector (like a Cliffy, but Stern's version) beat to crap and the ball wouldn't kick out, so they shut it off. Didn't get to shoot a single ball. Been on-site for maybe 4 days.

Sorry, should have snapped a photo, didn't think about it at the time.

#3563 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Do you vets think putting some mylar over the Cliffy will help with that? Before playing of course. Seeing quite a few bent Cliffs on that scoop. Just wondering if some mylar might help?

Maybe for a while but it would probably have to be changed frequently

#3564 2 years ago

Never heard Headlong Flight until today. It's no Animate but a good rocking tune that should translate well to pinball. Love Alex's guitar tone and Geddy's bass line in it.

#3565 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

The Delaware Pinball Collective will be unboxing a RUSH Pro, live on Twitch and Facebook this Saturday somewhere between 9-930AM. Yes, that’s AM! Follow us on Twitch and/or Facebook.
https://m.twitch.tv/delawarepinballcollective
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101852188718663&ref=content_filter

This has been postponed until Tuesday night at 6pm eastern due to the incoming blizzard.

#3566 2 years ago

Played several games on a pro last night. Feels like Aerosmith and turtles had a baby and that’s not a bad thing. I loved shooting it and I love the band so it was a natural fit for me. Something about the left-justification of the center drain felt really awkward and unfamiliar but I got used to it. I just don’t remember any game that feels so skewed to the left?

The shots are great and not too hard to get a good game going.

The art? I don’t want to say it’s bad but it’s just SO not as good as it should have been or could have been. After the masterpiece of GNR, the beautiful work of dirty Donny on similar games, this art is such a letdown for me. The pro cabinet is just awful. The Playfield I can live with because it’s rush and it’s a hell of a fun shooter but if I get one I cannot imagine getting a pro because the art is just so…missed potential.

Fantastic job by Borg on a really great theme. I would still buy one but would have to go for a premium and I think it REALLY needs that expressions light kit. Are those for sale yet for pros and premiums?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3567 2 years ago

Headlong Flight is good, but man, I keep going back to The Camera Eye. Wasn't too familiar with that track until recently. My 26th listen today might change that ha.

#3568 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

It's a problem with the flaps inside the scoop so not sure that will help. I've already had to pull off ours on location and re bend it so there was pressure on the playfield on the sides inside the scoop, 2 days later it's back to the same spot, off center shots just to the right of the scoop have forced balls down on the corner of the fake cheap cliffy and bent the inside back to the middle on that side. We contacted our distributor and they said stern is aware of the issue and working on a fix. We are having bad consistency issues with balls coming out of the scoop. It doesn't mater what I set the strength to there is lots of room in the trough for balls to move around before they make there way out of the scoop the coil is at the back of the trough. Weird design with no lock there on the pro. Maybe I'll mess with it more on Monday the next time I'm in but I can have it shoot 15 balls right to the right flipper play a few games on it think it's good Then a few hours later get a text saying people are complaining it's throwing balls right down the middle again. I'm assuming they may code in a ballsave time out of the scoop. ????

#3569 2 years ago
Quoted from mc8045:

It's a problem with the flaps inside the scoop so not sure that will help. I've already had to pull off ours on location and re bend it so there was pressure on the playfield on the sides inside the scoop, 2 days later it's back to the same spot, off center shots just to the right of the scoop have forced balls down on the corner of the fake cheap cliffy and bent the inside back to the middle on that side. We contacted our distributor and they said stern is aware of the issue and working on a fix. We are having bad consistency issues with balls coming out of the scoop. It doesn't mater what I set the strength to there is lots of room in the trough for balls to move around before they make there way out of the scoop the coil is at the back of the trough. Weird design with no lock there on the pro. Maybe I'll mess with it more on Monday the next time I'm in but I can have it shoot 15 balls right to the right flipper play a few games on it think it's good Then a few hours later get a text saying people are complaining it's throwing balls right down the middle again. I'm assuming they may code in a ballsave time out of the scoop. ????

This should be a key post.
Thanks for letting us know.

#3570 2 years ago

Man Headlong Flight is REALLY growing on me.
That goddamn bassline is DD's!

#3571 2 years ago

HOLY HECK HEADLONG FLIGHT RULES VERY FUCKING HARD

#3572 2 years ago

I don’t know about the rest of you, but reading Gryszzz rediscovery-discovery RUSH journey is pretty damn infectious!!

#3573 2 years ago
Quoted from mc8045:

We are having bad consistency issues with balls coming out of the scoop

Just take the factory protector off - scoop becomes 100% reliable after that.

#3574 2 years ago

CHEERS BROUGHAM

Quoted from Vino:

I don’t know about the rest of you, but reading Gryszzz rediscovery-discovery RUSH journey is pretty damn infectious!!

images (1) (resized).jpegimages (1) (resized).jpeg

#3575 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

LOL
Has he listened to Headlong Flight yet?

#3576 2 years ago

Man I have like a 5 cd order with my local record store. None have come in in a month. Always go local first but might have to disccogs Clockwork Angels now

#3577 2 years ago

Headlong Flight was the last song written for the album and it has pieces reminiscent of “Bastille Day” from Caress of Steel. Here’s a quote from Peart:
“What was it that Oscar Wilde said: self-plagiarism is style? We certainly do a few tongue-in-cheek nods to ‘Bastille Day’ in ‘Headlong Flight.’ That’s deliberate.”

What CD’s are among those you have on order, Gryszzz?

#3578 2 years ago

Pea yurt
Not Pert.
Only been saying that wrong my ENTIRE FUCKING LIFE

#3579 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Pea yurt
Not Pert.
Only been saying that wrong my ENTIRE FUCKING LIFE

Say it like
Piert
One syllable
Let the upvotes begin.

#3580 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Quoted from Gryszzz:

HOLY HECK HEADLONG FLIGHT RULES VERY FUCKING HARD

Told ya!!! It's their best all out jam....bar none!!!

#3581 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Headlong Flight IMO is the highlight of Clockwork Angels. It is heavy, melodic and just blows doors!

#3582 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

Headlong Flight IMO is the highlight of Clockwork Angels. It is heavy, melodic and just blows doors!

I'm big on the Permanent Waves through Signals era and truly cannot stop listening to Headlong Flight. It rips.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3583 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I'm big on the Permanent Waves through Signals era and truly cannot stop listening to Headlong Flight. It rips.

And live it rips even more! My favorite song going as far back since the release of Signals.

#3584 2 years ago

To answer your question I ordered all the albums after Counterparts. On cd though.
No big deal. I waited 17 years for a new Carcass album. I'm patient.

#3585 2 years ago

13 years on Axl!

#3586 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

13 years on Axl!

For just one concert right?

#3587 2 years ago

Yeah....it's not pinball, but how often do you come across something like this?

Master recording of Rush: Exit Stage Left.

I've had these since 1990.

DSC_4759 (resized).JPGDSC_4759 (resized).JPGDSC_4760 (resized).JPGDSC_4760 (resized).JPG
#3588 2 years ago

Just played Pro at kiitos brewing in Salt Lake City. Pretty good game.

44A5545A-6C34-447B-AEB4-5099CDE51C13 (resized).jpeg44A5545A-6C34-447B-AEB4-5099CDE51C13 (resized).jpeg
#3590 2 years ago

I got those tapes when I purchased my 1st 10 inch tape deck, way back when.

Dsc_4768_1 (resized).jpgDsc_4768_1 (resized).jpg
#3591 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Whoa!

#3592 2 years ago

Holy shit

#3593 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

That is awesome. I've always wanted to do a vinyl to reel to reel comparison.

#3594 2 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

Just played Pro at kiitos brewing in Salt Lake City. Pretty good game.
[quoted image]

Lucky!!!

Looks so nice.

#3595 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Fkn beautiful….

#3596 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I got those tapes when I purchased my 1st 10 inch tape deck, way back when.
[quoted image]

But how in the heck did you end up with the recordings!?

#3597 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup, the ball hits a f'ing wall. There's an opto there, so it's "kinda" like hitting a target. Just kinda wish there was an actual target there, or another shot that opened up. If it ends up being an annoying shot, I might just disable the ramp up/down in the settings...I imagine it would just act like a Pro if you do that. We'll see.

Ahh man, I was afraid of that. Well your idea of disabling it sounds like the best thing to do but like you said, we’ll see

#3598 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Absolutely freaking awesome!! Wow, hang on to those!! Jealous!

#3599 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

DAMN! That’s impressive!
I’ll give you $20 for ‘em!!! (Ok…$25. Final offer!)

#3600 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

But how in the heck did you end up with the recordings!?

The tapes came with the 1st 10 inch reel to reel deck I bought back in '90.

Someone had traded the deck in towards a stereo at an Ovation Super-Center. I went to Ovations to buy some speaker stands that day. The store personnel was just getting ready to take the tape deck out of the box to re-sell as I walked in. I told them "leave it in the box...I'll take it".

I don't know how the previous owner obtained the tapes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/72?hl=dpannell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.