20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 89.
#3501 2 years ago

here's a young band called Crown Lands with some big Rush vibes. What say you, Rush fans?

the "studio live" version shows off their talent in a remarkable way. When I first heard the song I had no idea they were just a duo.

#3502 2 years ago

Thinkin about when game arrives, what's your first game playing to? I cant get the opening of The Spirit Of Radio out of my mind, so I'll be cranking it. Anyone else?

#3503 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Thinkin about when game arrives, what's your first game playing to? I cant get the opening of The Spirit Of Radio out of my mind, so I'll be cranking it. Anyone else?

The Spirit of Radio....no doubt!! It is *THE* opening song! They've tried others over the years, but nothing gets that blood pumping more at a concert, including the first one I saw in 1983!

#3504 2 years ago

All this machinery making modern music!

#3505 2 years ago

+1 on Spirit of Radio…
BUT, check out the driving drum pattern on “One Little Victory.” While not as recognizable, Victory’s opening rhythm totally makes a statement.

#3506 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Today's track obsession:
The Camera Eye
Reminds me of a ride through the country in a red barchetta, the twists and turns.

For sure. And at 11 minutes it never once seemed too long ... Follow that by witch hunt on the album is perfect next song!

but then again, Obsessing about every song on moving pictures is completely normal. Rush never gets old. If it does then you're not a fan.

#3507 2 years ago

With music pins I like to play to songs that are not tied to modes .I want to earn my favorite songs .This is a “play better “ strategy .

#3508 2 years ago

Basically I rarely hear my favorites

#3509 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

For sure. And at 11 minutes it never once seemed too long ... Follow that by witch hunt on the album is perfect next song!
but then again, Obsessing about every song on moving pictures is completely normal. Rush never gets old. If it does then you're not a fan.

Only 3 song choices on my LW3 so this will be huge. Way more and much better music.

#3510 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

S U B D I V I S I O N S !!!!!

#3511 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

here's a young band called Crown Lands with some big Rush vibes. What say you, Rush fans?

Definitely can see a Rush influence. Right down to the double neck and the Taurus pedals... amazing that the drummer is the lead vocalist! No small feat when doing drum fills all over the place! Thanks for posting that... love discovering new bands!

#3512 2 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

Definitely can see a Rush influence. Right down to the double neck and the Taurus pedals... amazing that the drummer is the lead vocalist! No small feat when doing drum fills all over the place! Thanks for posting that... love discovering new bands!

I just discovered them yesterday and now I'm obsessed. I've watched that studio performance 4 times already.
This is also the kind of thing that will bridge the next generations in to Rush.

#3513 2 years ago

Received my pro yesterday. It seems ok. I was disappointed that the right flipper isn’t posible to post pass based on where the sling is positioned. Left flipper it’s normal and easy to do. This is disappointing as the right flipper has a limited amount of shots

#3514 2 years ago

I know this was posted somewhere earlier, but this picture just makes me smile. I'm supposed to be up in Montreal on business in the not too distant future. Hopefully I'll get to stop by Northstar!

Craig
"HoWRUmaTjmV5puoXYUiVzUxpjR6KQ6vbQe8PwR8tHcllVM2lYnFy9BeHTDpAdE4kLU5d8jQwh6MsBbfTRlEfzwDj)7J3u8jCJzfjLFEJMIk1YclV0QJC2f789n]kdE7yuhAHQlJipWOeNedmSo8LETQAPH0ncC3E)XN]mSXeKj]9GRGdBq6qAAdCDTGnREwOsw!"
Northstar gang_3.jpgNorthstar gang_3.jpg

#3515 2 years ago
Quoted from Craiger:

I know this was posted somewhere earlier, but this picture just makes me smile. I'm supposed to be up in Montreal on business in the not to distant future. Hopefully I'll get to stop by Northstar!
Craig
"HoWRUmaTjmV5puoXYUiVzUxpjR6KQ6vbQe8PwR8tHcllVM2lYnFy9BeHTDpAdE4kLU5d8jQwh6MsBbfTRlEfzwDj)7J3u8jCJzfjLFEJMIk1YclV0QJC2f789n]kdE7yuhAHQlJipWOeNedmSo8LETQAPH0ncC3E)XN]mSXeKj]9GRGdBq6qAAdCDTGnREwOsw!"
[quoted image]

Damn thats cool

#3516 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Raising hand! So damn excited I can't freaking stand it

#3517 2 years ago

VERY excited for this bad boy to arrive - I’m going with 2112 and cranking it up!

#3518 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

There have been several lengthy pro model streams over the past few days - PinBallers on PinballNetwork and HUPChallenge, both on Twitch, are two I've watched. It seems that the dead end shot (left of time machine ramp) is really deadly, and comes rocketing back towards the flippers on a strong hit. This is the only feature that would give me hesitation about picking up a pro.
Curious what others have thought about the pro gameplay. I'll be playing one as soon as they go on location near me.

My question is something I haven't really heard explained at all, what happens to the shot/ball when the ramp is down on the Prem/LE? Does it just hit metal and do nothing? Again, I haven't read or seen anything on this as everyone has mentioned the Pro shot to the left of the rising ramp but when the ramp is down under the time machine, what happens when you hit the center shot? Looks like it just hits metal and does nothing, but I could be wrong?

#3519 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:VERY excited for this bad boy to arrive - I’m going with 2112 and cranking it up!

Oh man, right there with ya!! Counting the minutes until I get my game but have the juke playing RUSH all day, everyday until it gets here, and then some more!

C19412C8-C98C-4D80-B708-F9C293C99D44 (resized).jpegC19412C8-C98C-4D80-B708-F9C293C99D44 (resized).jpeg

#3520 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

My question is something I haven't really heard explained at all, what happens to the shot/ball when the ramp is down on the Prem/LE? Does it just hit metal and do nothing? Again, I haven't read or seen anything on this as everyone has mentioned the Pro shot to the left of the rising ramp but when the ramp is down under the time machine, what happens when you hit the center shot? Looks like it just hits metal?

It does appear to hit metal, and the hit is registered by optos at the end of the ramp. On the Pro it is grabbed by the magnet, held briefly, then flung down the ramp. There seems to be some danger on all models with the ball coming back towards the flippers.

As others have already mentioned, probably not something to be worried too much about. I have a Godzilla premium and some people have gotten all hung up on balls heading down the middle during Multiball start, and even created mods to try to redirect the balls. A small nudge is all that is needed to keep the balls in play. Slap saves are a great skill to learn and one I'm still working to improve.

#3521 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

For years Lyman was on my ass to listen to some of the later Rush albums that I kept procrastinating about - so, today I FINALLY started on Clockwork Angels. I’m 9 songs in, and to be honest, it’s kind of forgettable. Kinda mellow actually. I mean, it’s fine - I just haven’t heard a really addictive tune yet like the Rush songs I already know and love.

I know what you mean. I am a HUGE Rush fan and have been my entire life but I get it, I have/had a hard time with a few of the newer albums. I'll still play em but they don't hit me like all the earlier ones. I think after Presto I started drifting a bit. Not knocking or saying anything negative about the newer stuff as I would chop off my own fingers for doing that, but other than a few tracks, I'm more of a Presto and before fan if that makes any sense

#3522 2 years ago

It does appear to hit metal, and the hit is registered by optos at the end of the ramp. On the Pro it is grabbed by the magnet, held briefly, then flung down the ramp. There seems to be some danger on all models with the ball coming back towards the flippers.
As others have already mentioned, probably not something to be worried too much about. I have a Godzilla premium and some people have gotten all hung up on balls heading down the middle during Multiball start, and even created mods to try to redirect the balls. A small nudge is all that is needed to keep the balls in play. Slap saves are a great skill to learn and one I'm still working to improve.

Oh ok, I get it, thanks! I just sold my Prem Godzilla to pay for my RUSH LE LOL. I know what you mean, the balls would sometimes go down the middle but a small nudge always did the trick. (already back on a list for another Godzilla Prem LOL)

#3523 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

My question is something I haven't really heard explained at all, what happens to the shot/ball when the ramp is down on the Prem/LE? Does it just hit metal and do nothing? Again, I haven't read or seen anything on this as everyone has mentioned the Pro shot to the left of the rising ramp but when the ramp is down under the time machine, what happens when you hit the center shot? Looks like it just hits metal and does nothing, but I could be wrong?

Yup, the ball hits a f'ing wall. There's an opto there, so it's "kinda" like hitting a target. Just kinda wish there was an actual target there, or another shot that opened up. If it ends up being an annoying shot, I might just disable the ramp up/down in the settings...I imagine it would just act like a Pro if you do that. We'll see.

#3524 2 years ago

I plan on putting some type of Target Decal in that Spot.

#3525 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Received my pro yesterday. It seems ok. I was disappointed that the right flipper isn’t posible to post pass based on where the sling is positioned. Left flipper it’s normal and easy to do. This is disappointing as the right flipper has a limited amount of shots

This is disappointing if true. The slings look to be in the same position from the pictures. Are you sure about this?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3526 2 years ago

I just got word that LE's are on the line end of next week!

#3527 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Oh man that is good news !!!!

#3528 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Awesome! Although it was a nice bonus getting my Deadpool Premium on the line and shipping next week instead of August.

#3529 2 years ago

Awesome! Although it was a nice bonus getting my Deadpool Premium on the line and shipping next week instead of August.

No kidding? I’ve got a Deadpool premium on order too. Did they all get bumped up?

#3530 2 years ago

#3531 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

No kidding? I’ve got a Deadpool premium on order too. Did they all get bumped up?

Not sure. Mine was part of the Dec ‘21 batch that got delayed. Don’t remember when I got on the list but probably summertime.

#3532 2 years ago

I think the business model is make what you can. If you have the parts it will get made - I tend to believe premiums over pros as well

#3533 2 years ago

Happy for ya DP dudes. What a great freakin machine. Have yet to play a premium, but do have a pro locally. My favorite location game.

#3534 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Happy for ya DP dudes. What a great freakin machine. Have yet to play a premium, but do have a pro locally. My favorite location game.

Who has the Pro here in Indy?

#3535 2 years ago

Lol. I'm from the Westside, but I live in Bloomington now.
Will never claim anything but Indy.
The Cade has one.
Doesn't Tsppers have one though? Gotta be one in Indy somewhere. I don't get up there much.

#3536 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Lol. I'm from the Westside, but I live in Bloomington now.
Will never claim anything but Indy.
The Cade has one.
Doesn't Tsppers have one though? Gotta be one in Indy somewhere. I don't get up there much.

I don't see it listed on their website.

#3537 2 years ago

Not to derail any further, apologies. Just come down to B town and we'll have some beers and play DP all night buddy!

#3538 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Not to derail any further, apologies. Just come down to B town and we'll have some beers and play DP all night buddy!

Hell, this "old fart" is in bed every night at 10:00......LOL

#3539 2 years ago

Probably gonna have an unboxing party in March(?) when my LE gets here. You are definitely invited bud.
You ALL are invited.
Shit I might get my buddies to resurrect their b'dass Rush tribute band for it.

#3540 2 years ago

Have any LE’s shipped. Just curious. I see pro machines are out and about.

#3541 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Have any LE’s shipped. Just curious. I see pro machines are out and about.

No. On the line next week.

#3542 2 years ago

#3543 2 years ago

The Delaware Pinball Collective will be unboxing a RUSH Pro, live on Twitch and Facebook this Saturday somewhere between 9-930AM. Yes, that’s AM! Follow us on Twitch and/or Facebook.

https://m.twitch.tv/delawarepinballcollective

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101852188718663&ref=content_filter

#3544 2 years ago

I played half a dozen games on the Pro at Padavans last night. A few impressions from a novice after beating the ball around.

The guys on the videos make it look like it's an easy game... Wasn't for me. Man I hit a lot of bricks. I'm sure after some time on there it will get easier. That upper ramp shot from the top flipper was impossible for me. That said, another guy there was nailing it so maybe I just suck. Lol

The music is awesome, good flow. I don't know the rules or what to shoot so it was one of those "hit what's flashing" games for me, only in my case it was "hit the post next to what's flashing".

I can say I have an LE coming and after playing the pro I'm really excited.

#3545 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:I played half a dozen games on the Pro at Padavans last night. A few impressions from a novice after beating the ball around.
The guys on the videos make it look like it's an easy game... Wasn't for me. Man I hit a lot of bricks. I'm sure after some time on there it will get easier. That upper ramp shot from the top flipper was impossible for me. That said, another guy there was nailing it so maybe I just suck. Lol
The music is awesome, good flow. I don't know the rules or what to shoot so it was one of those "hit what's flashing" games for me, only in my case it was "hit the post next to what's flashing".

Playing a game for the first time is never easy but yes - good players make it look easy. Heck sometimes I play my own machines and can't hit my shots.

I suspect my initial play won't be that different than yours.

My goal this year is to play the shit out of Rush and get good.

#3546 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Playing a game for the first time is never easy but yes - good players make it look easy. Heck sometimes I play my own machines and can't hit my shots.
I suspect my initial play won't be that different than yours.
My goal this year is to play the shit out of Rush and get good.

It's good to have goals. =)

#3547 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

I played half a dozen games on the Pro at Padavans last night. A few impressions from a novice after beating the ball around.

Yeah I have a feeling that will be the case for me too at first lol. Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback, man!

I'm looking forward to my LE as well, but my buddy and I are actually going to take it to my uncle's house for a while once it arrives. He got me into Rush when I was young, he has seen Rush 30+ times and always wears a Rush shirt everytime you see him, but he recently suffered multiple strokes and thought he would love this pin while he recovers.

He has to have physical therapy several times a week, on medication the rest of his life, and is on medical leave from work, but we didn't lose him, so thought this would be great for him to enjoy while going through this. My nurse friend said it would be good for his coordination recovery too.

He totally flipped out when I told him, and we're really close, so it's a great feeling. He's been watching videos constantly because he is so excited lol. Maybe he'll give it back to me someday lol. Can't wait to play it though!

#3548 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Yeah I have a feeling that will be the case for me too at first lol. Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback, man!
I'm looking forward to my LE as well, but my buddy and I are actually going to take it to my uncle's house for a while once it arrives. He got me into Rush when I was young, he has seen Rush 30+ times and always wears a Rush shirt everytime you see him, but he recently suffered multiple strokes and thought he would love this pin while he recovers.
He has to have physical therapy several times a week, on medication the rest of his life, and is on medical leave from work, but we didn't lose him, so thought this would be great for him to enjoy while going through this. My nurse friend said it would be good for his coordination recovery too.
He totally flipped out when I told him, and we're really close, so it's a great feeling. He's been watching videos constantly because he is so excited lol. Maybe he'll give it back to me someday lol. Can't wait to play it though!

Sorry to hear about your uncle, but what a terrific nephew you are! I'm sure he'll like that a lot. BTW, does uncle happen to have a country place that no one knows about?

#3549 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Great thing your doing for him !

#3550 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

That's fantastic. I hope your uncle's is a country place

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/71?hl=geddy2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.