20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 89.
#251 2 years ago

How can you not like these guys?

#252 2 years ago

I was exposed to them in 1980 with permanent waves.

I like to think that many of their style changes came in 3's before finding "their" sound with moving pictures

rush - fly by night - caress of steel

2112 - a farewell to kings - hemispheres

permanent waves - moving pictures - signals

there are so many great deep cuts on all of their albums. tracks that didn't get much (if any) airplay, like:
- in the end (fly by night)
- something for nothing (2112)
- circumstances (hemispheres)
- jacob's ladder (permanent waves)
- witch hunt & vital signs (moving pictures)

and all of the instrumentals are just awesome jams

#253 2 years ago

Anyone got any rumors of layout/features? I’ve heard Borg, 3 flippers, 15 songs. Anything else?

#254 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyone got any rumors of layout/features? I’ve heard Borg, 3 flippers, 15 songs. Anything else?

15 songs would be very healthy .

#255 2 years ago

In the End is SO GOOD

#256 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I like to think that many of their style changes came in 3's before finding "their" sound with moving pictures
there are so many great deep cuts on all of their albums. tracks that didn't get much (if any) airplay, like:

I saw them 14 times over the years, many memorable shows and songs played. One of the top highlights was seeing Vital Signs played when they did the entire Moving Pictures album. To see a band perform a song better than the studio version takes a lot of things to make it happen. Energy, timing, sound system, trust, cohesion with each other, etc. They made it look easy.

#257 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I’m not entirely sure why, but I never really got into Rush.
I think it has more to do with environment and exposure as I don’t really know anyone around me who’s a big Rush fan.
I know the few obvious songs, but my familiarity with their catalog of music is pretty limited.
So here’s the question: some of you are obviously very into this band and really excited about this title.
If I want to go down the “Rush rabbit hole”, which album should I start with and where should I go from there? Like when I first heard Pink Floyd as a teen we got stoned and listed to the Dark Side of the Moon and from there it was The Wall - Wish You Were Here etc.
Cheers
Kent

You can check out Rush Chronicles (a compilation album from 1990) for a good mix of their music up to that point.

#258 2 years ago

I’m not a big Rush guy, just like I’m not a huge Maiden guy (although I’ve seen them both multiple times live and they were kick ass). But I hope the Rush guys get their game like the Maiden guys got theirs, because that was cool as hell. Maiden guys were banging the drum before I got here and seeing them get THAT game was so fucking cool. Also, I know Geddy and Neil are amazing, but my favorite Rush moments are all Lifeson. Underrated.

#259 2 years ago

It would be funny if Stern wasn't able to get the rights to Tom Sawyer.

#260 2 years ago

I highly doubt if the band would sign off on a 'Neil' version just to honor his wishes. If you've ever read any of his books or listened to his interviews, he hated the 'fame' portion of his job. That's why he never allowed anyone to make a movie out of his book Ghost Rider, which in my opinion would make a fantastic movie.

#261 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I seem to be stuck on these albums, I bought Permanent Waves when it first came out in 1978 (red vinyl, still have it in my collection) :

Am I missing much from the later albums? I guess I enjoy the longer more instrumental songs from the earlier albums. Any other albums I should check out after all these years?

#262 2 years ago

Possible teaser or reveal tomorrow, you fuckers excited?!?!

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#263 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Am I missing much from the later albums? I guess I enjoy the longer more instrumental songs from the earlier albums. Any other albums I should check out after all these years?

Different strokes for different folks, but I feel like there is a time and place I enjoy every one of their albums. Snakes & Arrows and Vapor Trails are my favorite late-Rush albums (make sure you get the remixed version of Vapor Trails, as some compression choices were made on the original mix that results in highs getting clipped/saturation that were “fixed” in the remix.)

For me, there are times I want more synthesizer-heavy Rush and times I want less… which make different albums what I choose.

#264 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

You can check out Rush Chronicles (a compilation album from 1990) for a good mix of their music up to that point.

It's missing some of the best work towards the later years as it only goes to 89. So technically, it only covers half of their career, but it's a starting point.

#265 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I seem to be stuck on these albums, I bought Permanent Waves when it first came out in 1978 (red vinyl, still have it in my collection) :

Yes. You never listened to Grace Under Pressure or Power Windows? You missed some of their best work.

#266 2 years ago

For me it was the Live Album “A Show of Hands” that got me into RUSH. That was my baseline and then explored back catalogue and future with Roll the Bones and Counterparts. It would never be in the pin but “Nobodys Hero” still is one of my favorite songs of all time.

#267 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

For me it was the Live Album “A Show of Hands” that got me into RUSH. That was my baseline and then explored back catalogue and future with Roll the Bones and Counterparts. It would never be in the pin but “Nobodys Hero” from Counterparts still is one of my favorite songs of all time.

#268 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Yes. You never listened to Grace Under Pressure or Power Windows? You missed some of their best work.

He’s got a point. Everything up to Signals is most likely to be on the machine. I can’t really see anything that could compete with the early years if you only had 12-15 choices.

#269 2 years ago

I don't know. Nobody's Hero got a ton of radio/MTV airplay around here when it came out. So did Big Money, Time Stand Still, Stick it Out, Cold Fire, and Driven. I could see them including at least a song or two from after Signals(1982).

#270 2 years ago

My top 15 wishlist. I would still be happy at 12. Why Countdown? I think it could work great in this machine, the energy of the song, video of launch, shaker motor, would be a great addition. Just wishing.

Red Barchetta
Tom Sawyer
YYZ
Freewill
Limelight
The Spirit of Radio
Xanadu
A Farewell to Kings
La Villa Stranggiato
Closer to the Heart
Countdown
Subdivisions
By Tor and the Snow Dog
Red Sector A

#271 2 years ago
FB_IMG_1640543627075 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1640543627075 (resized).jpg
#272 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

15 songs would be very healthy .

Ive actually heard it's more.

We shall see if that made the final machine.

#273 2 years ago

24 hours to go for the Tease!!!!! Gotta be Tom Sawyer as thats most recognizable song.

#274 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

THIS is THEE dream theme for me and I'm getting an LE regardless of what songs, mechs or artwork. I've waited for this pin to come out for 40 years. I hope it sells like crazy to shut all the smack talkers up and proves it IS a worthy title and there is clearly enough people who wanted this. I REALLY hope they do something special in honor and memory of Neil. When I hear Rush isn't a big deal and only Canadians care about them, I say watch Rush in Rio as 60k fans freaking SING the guitar parts!! This band is/was HUGE and has one of the most loyal fan bases of all time and the demographic connects perfectly to pinheads. Thank you so much Stern for doing this one, I'm all in

Agreed totally. This will be my first new pin in years and it’s an auto buy no matter the artwork or songs listed. Dream pin. Absolutely devotion to the Rush lifestyle. I’ve seen Rush live more times then all other bands combined. I’d never be where I am without them.

#275 2 years ago

I actually think Spirit of Radio has a chance to be the Stern teaser. Not a top ten Rush song imo but it does scream pinball.

#276 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:I actually think Spirit of Radio has a chance to be the Stern teaser. Not a top ten Rush song imo but it does scream pinball.

Agree...another great song for pinball.

#277 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

I actually think Spirit of Radio has a chance to be the Stern teaser. Not a top ten Rush song imo but it does scream pinball.

Spirit of Radio I think definitely belongs in a Rush top 10. Outside of Working Man, Tom Sawyer and Limelight, it has one of the most iconic opening riffs the band has ever written. I also agree, it screams pinball. Tom Sawyer or Spirit of Radio would be a tough call to choose from as a teaser. I say Tom Sawyer gets the nod though.

#278 2 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

Spirit of Radio I think definitely belongs in a Rush top 10. Outside of Working Man, Tom Sawyer and Limelight, it has one of the most iconic opening riffs the band has ever written. I also agree, it screams pinball. Tom Sawyer or Spirit of Radio would be a tough call to choose from as a teaser. I say Tom Sawyer gets the nod though.

Excellent video as well

#279 2 years ago

Most excellent beer! 14% ABV.

PXL_20211226_225351897 (resized).jpgPXL_20211226_225351897 (resized).jpgPXL_20211226_225520482 (resized).jpgPXL_20211226_225520482 (resized).jpg
#280 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

He’s got a point. Everything up to Signals is most likely to be on the machine. I can’t really see anything that could complete with the early years if you only had 12-15 choices.

I would guess the later albums will definitely get some representation on the machine. Far Cry for certain.

#281 2 years ago

14%?!
Crikey!
Tom Sawyer will 1000% be the teaser song. Probably one of the most iconic opening riffs of all time, and I don't listen to it anymore. Wire it out as a kid. But I have been spinning it lately; just getting "in the mood"

#282 2 years ago

I’m still struggling to believe this pin will become a reality. However, it’s too late to control my excitement!

Hoping for a few of songs from the list below to make the cut.

The Camera eye
Vital signs
Mystic rhythms
The body electric
Something for nothing
The enemy within
Finding my way
Red barchetta
Roll the bones
The pass
Distant early warning
Subdivisions

#283 2 years ago

Subdivisions will def be on there. Probably my favorite Rush lyrics.

#284 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Subdivisions will def be on there. Probably my favorite Rush lyrics.

Definitely my favorite song.

#285 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

I’m still struggling to believe this pin will become a reality. However, it’s too late to control my excitement!
Hoping for a few of songs from the list below to make the cut.
The Camera eye
Vital signs
Mystic rhythms
The body electric
Something for nothing
The enemy within
Finding my way
Red barchetta
Roll the bones
The pass
Distant early warning
Subdivisions

I love the fact you had a couple of songs from Grace Under Pressure. I think it’s a fantastic album.

I am big fan of all the live releases. Exit Stage Left broadcast on MTV through the home stereo at almost full volume was an experience….

#286 2 years ago

You guys got me wanting to grab the entire Rush catalog now lol. Shameful, as I should already own it.
Missing some essential shit like Hemispheres and Permanent Waves.

#287 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

You guys got me wanting to grab the entire Rush catalog now lol. Shameful, as I should already own it.

Top 4 Rush albums (in no particular order)

A Farewell to Kings
Hemispheres
Permanent Waves
Moving Pictures

This is the best 4 consecutive album release in the history of Rock music. Only thing that comes close is VH1, 2, W&CF, and Fair Warning.

#288 2 years ago

Zeppelin 1-4: ."Hold our beers"
Haha. Im not a Rush junkie like some of ya, but a big fan. Can't wait for this.

#289 2 years ago

CYGNUS X-1 BETTER BE IN THERE

#290 2 years ago

Just listened to A Farewell to Kings all the way through. Cygnus is a heckuva closer.

#291 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Definitely my favorite song.

Mine as well. It's a truly perfect song. Just how the chorus re-arranges itself back into the main riff with Neil's drums is perfection.

#292 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Permanent Waves has the excellent Entre Nous.

#293 2 years ago

Totally my opinion but I feel there are two what I’d consider perfect rock albums.

Moving pictures &
Dark side of the moon

Just behind those two is LZ1.

I believe Rush has the absolute best full catalog of any band in rock history. Narrowing their pin to even 15 songs would be a brutal task.

6A0E16EF-BC18-40A2-A30B-9F408CC80DA5 (resized).jpeg6A0E16EF-BC18-40A2-A30B-9F408CC80DA5 (resized).jpeg
#294 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Totally my opinion but I feel there are two what I’d consider perfect rock albums.
Moving pictures &
Dark side of the moon
I believe Rush has the absolute best full catalog of any band in rock history. Narrowing their pin to even 15 songs would be a brutal task.
[quoted image]

So, hopefully they will include 20 or more!!

#295 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Moving pictures &
Dark side of the moon
[quoted image]

Man I have a soft spot for die hard fans of any genre, salut. Moving Pictures was the first Rush album that I ever heard. I was 9 or 10 when I found this record.

#296 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I would guess the later albums will definitely get some representation on the machine. Far Cry for certain.

One Little Victory would be sweet.

#297 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

For me it was the Live Album “A Show of Hands” that got me into RUSH. That was my baseline and then explored back catalogue and future with Roll the Bones and Counterparts. It would never be in the pin but “Nobodys Hero” still is one of my favorite songs of all time.

The only time I ever saw Rush pay live was when they recorded A Show of Hands in Birmingham UK. An incredible show! Neil Peart's drum solo was easily the best I've ever seen (usually I get really bored with solos but not this one).

#298 2 years ago

Just rewatched “Beyond The Lighted Stage” tonight after recommending it a couple days ago.

I don’t really feel comfortable being a fanboy - because its just weird. But… damn it…

#299 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

So, hopefully they will include 20 or more!!

How epic 20 songs would be! I am really hoping for a MP40th anniversary dedication and they include all 7 tracks. Then add in another dozen or so from various albums.

I can’t even allow myself to consider these possibilities after how disappointed I was in the Low number and catalog choices of LZ.

#300 2 years ago

You guys aren't doing yourself any favors by omitting their last couple offerings from your consideration.

Geddy himself says his favorite is their last, Clockwork Angels. I am not disinclined to agree with him.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/6?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.