20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 89.
#3151 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

So I keep hearing on podcasts that Rush isn’t that big a deal, they didn’t deserve to be a cornerstone etc. I can’t believe I’m hearing this? I get Rush wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea but seriously? It keeps getting compared to GnR and I get Guns has a ton of fans but they are two totally different types of bands. Did Rush show up an hour and a half late to their own shows? Did Rush let Metallica down and watch the stadium go ape shit? How many albums does GnR have vs Rush? The whole argument about GnR being a concert under glass is a funny one to me. When I play pins, I’m in it for the challenges and competition aspect, I’m not exactly wanting a concert in a box. Who else agrees? Who else agrees that JJP’s GnR basically goes out of its way to dazzle you with lights but offers very little when it comes to actual pinball playing excitement? I’ve owned both the DataEast GnR and the LE JJP GnR and by far I feel the DE version was a better PINBALL playing experience. So when a game like Rush comes along, I can’t wait to play it and have a great pinball experience, not a concert experience. The other thing is Rush is a band that inspired so many and is so damn unique and special to so many people, especially fellow musicians. I wish these guys in the airwaves would stop down talking them and give them the damn respect they so strongly deserve. What are your thoughts?

I,m with ya all the way man!

#3152 2 years ago

The other thing is Rush is a band that inspired so many and is so damn unique and special to so many people, especially fellow musicians. I wish these guys in the airwaves would stop down talking them and give them the damn respect they so strongly deserve. What are your thoughts?

Demanding respect is silly, because what is the point of it? People get Rush or they don’t, and thats just how it is… someone else not liking them or wanting a pin based on them doesn’t feel threatening to me in the slightest, because I just feel sorry for them and hope they find Jesus.

#3153 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Demanding respect is silly, because what is the point of it? People get Rush or they don’t, and thats just how it is… someone else not liking them or wanting a pin based on them doesn’t feel threatening to me in the slightest, because I just feel sorry for them and hope they find Jesus.

That’s not really what I mean. How about this, they DONT deserve being downplayed and trash talked. I’m not personally demanding anything nor is the band

#3154 2 years ago

So I keep hearing on podcasts that Rush isn’t that big a deal, they didn’t deserve to be a cornerstone etc. I can’t believe I’m hearing this? I get Rush wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea but seriously? It keeps getting compared to GnR and I get Guns has a ton of fans but they are two totally different types of bands. Did Rush show up an hour and a half late to their own shows? Did Rush let Metallica down and watch the stadium go ape shit? How many albums does GnR have vs Rush? The whole argument about GnR being a concert under glass is a funny one to me. When I play pins, I’m in it for the challenges and competition aspect, I’m not exactly wanting a concert in a box. Who else agrees? Who else agrees that JJP’s GnR basically goes out of its way to dazzle you with lights but offers very little when it comes to actual pinball playing excitement? I’ve owned both the DataEast GnR and the LE JJP GnR and by far I feel the DE version was a better PINBALL playing experience. So when a game like Rush comes along, I can’t wait to play it and have a great pinball experience, not a concert experience. The other thing is Rush is a band that inspired so many and is so damn unique and special to so many people, especially fellow musicians. I wish these guys on the airwaves would stop down talking them and give them the damn respect they so strongly deserve. What are your thoughts?

Couldn't agree more.

I'm not a musician but Rush was always special in my eyes. They weren't a chart topper so casual music fans assume they weren't that popular and nothing could be further from the truth. Rush fans are also the key demographic for pinball which doesn't hurt sales, Stern knows that. The Rush "geeks" of the 70s-90s make a lot of money in 2022.

#3155 2 years ago

That’s not really what I mean. How about this, they DONT deserve being downplayed and trash talked. I’m not personally demanding anything nor is the band

I suppose I just decide to laugh at the fools instead of being outraged by them. At the end of the day demanding respect or even demanding no disrespect is just not productive. Just my 2 cents.

#3156 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Can honestly say that even 30 years ago, the Trees became my favorite and it's never left it's #1 spot.

I'm still a BIG fan of their 1st album.....

In the mood has always been one of my favorites.

#3157 2 years ago

1st album is what I was listening to at 15 years old. We all had that cool next door neighbor with 15" Cerwin Vegas right?

#3158 2 years ago

Dude loved 2112, back then it didn't hit me like Rush did.

#3159 2 years ago

Stick it Out is no Animate, but it's a damn good track.

#3160 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I suppose I just decide to laugh at the fools instead of being outraged by them. At the end of the day demanding respect or even demanding no disrespect is just not productive. Just my 2 cents.

I can dig it!

#3161 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Couldn't agree more.
I'm not a musician but Rush was always special in my eyes. They weren't a chart topper so casual music fans assume they weren't that popular and nothing could be further from the truth. Rush fans are also the key demographic for pinball which doesn't hurt sales, Stern knows that. The Rush "geeks" of the 70s-90s make a lot of money in 2022.

Exactly! Well put!!

#3162 2 years ago

So I keep hearing on podcasts that Rush isn’t that big a deal, they didn’t deserve to be a cornerstone etc.

I think the market potential for Rush as a pinball property was vastly underrated. Looking at raw album sales was not a great indicator by itself. First, those sales numbers, like numbers of pinball machines sold by Stern, is almost pure speculation. Meanwhile Rush continued to pump out albums and tour to packed houses for 40 years and that's a strong fan base. I think the strong, early sales of Rush pinball reflects that Stern understands their market and did their homework.

The whole argument about GnR being a concert under glass is a funny one to me. When I play pins, I’m in it for the challenges and competition aspect, I’m not exactly wanting a concert in a box. Who else agrees?

I do agree! I could careless about a concert experience in a pinball. If I want to see a concert, I'll go see a concert. They're wildly difference experiences. I love rock pins because rock and pinball go together like bacon and eggs. I thought Rush would make a great pin because of science fiction and fantasy themes. Rush takes you on a mental journey - that should have been the focus of the pin - not going to see a concert or collecting instruments.

#3163 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I think the market potential for Rush as a pinball property was vastly underrated. Looking at raw album sales was not a great indicator by itself. First, those sales numbers, like numbers of pinball machines sold by Stern, is almost pure speculation. Meanwhile Rush continued to pump out albums and tour to packed houses for 40 years and that's a strong fan base. I think the strong, early sales of Rush pinball reflects that Stern understands their market and did their homework.

I do agree! I could careless about a concert experience in a pinball. If I want to see a concert, I'll go see a concert. They're wildly difference experiences. I love rock pins because rock and pinball go together like bacon and eggs. I thought Rush would make a great pin because of science fiction and fantasy themes. Rush takes you on a mental journey - that should have been the focus of the pin - not going to see a concert or collecting instruments.

Excellent post, totally agree with every point you made. I wanted to mention that as well, concerts and tours sold out for 4 decades, they have a HUGE fan base

#3164 2 years ago

Yep. Spot on.

#3165 2 years ago

BACON AND EGGS BABY

#3166 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I think the market potential for Rush as a pinball property was vastly underrated. .

I totally agree with this. I think the more important factor than album sales or any other metric is the passion and dedication of the fan base. Rush has some of the devoted fans in music.

For example, more people "like" Boston or Journey or Guns and Roses than Rush. These bands have sold double or triple the amount of records.

However, far more people "love" Rush than Boston. When you love a band you own every album, go to as many concerts as you can, know and study each lyric and are certainly willing to buy a pinball for the first time!

I have read that it is better to have one person love you than 10 people like you and I think this is true. It doesn't require that much to "like" something.

#3167 2 years ago

I think most that seen the stream would agree it will shoot very well .As far as the code goes ,I’m expecting nothing less than what Rush is , very intricate with a dash of cheese

#3168 2 years ago

Fitting version of the Camera Eye.

#3169 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just posted ad for my RUSH 3D flipper toppers: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/128270
[quoted image]

Very nice. Wish starman's feet were at 7 o'clock on right flipper, and 5 o'clock on left flipper, so he's more upright than sideways from the word Rush. Anyone else agree?

#3170 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I hope they can just play that snippet when you hit the mystery shot. Would that be weird or cool? I think just having a riff from songs that aren’t fully in the game would be cool when appropriate.

I agree. Having snippets from songs as "Sound effects" especially in a music pin would make the sound design a little more creative than simply playing the music tracks. JJP's GNR is the perfect example of this: When you spin the record "toy", the "Sweet Child of Mine" guitar riff plays; or different GnR inspired musical sounds play when switches are hit in the game.
Of course all this requires more time and effort therefore ultimately increasing the cost of production.

#3171 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1310-diddy-s-mods-/05762-rush-flasher-cap-covers-
Our caps are available for pre order now
Rush flash cap covers, resin based with high details. Each cap is hand painted in 3 different colors to give the utmost detail, after painted they are cleared coated with UV clear to protect the paint from fading or chipping. Our caps will mount using sterns current hardware that's on the playfield. We will be receiving our game the 3 rd week of January hopefully and will make final adjustments and begin shipping the first week of February.
These come in sets of 2 , 4 or 6, buy more and save !!!
[quoted image]

These look great! These look like they would be worth it for an LE, probably? I guess each machine has 2 bumpers it seems?

Great job on these, btw.

#3172 2 years ago
Quoted from Craziestsinge:

I agree. Having snippets from songs as "Sound effects" especially in a music pin would make the sound design a little more creative than simply playing the music tracks. JJP's GNR is the perfect example of this: When you spin the record "toy", the "Sweet Child of Mine" guitar riff plays; or different GnR inspired musical sounds play when switches are hit in the game.
Of course all this requires more time and effort therefore ultimately increasing the cost of production.

Agree even instrumental only would be cool. Would there still be licensing issues without lyrics for 10-15 second snippets?

#3173 2 years ago

Stern posted on FB with the Pros on the line pics. Guessing LEs will hit the line next week

#3174 2 years ago

I know it's not included, but Lakeside Park is an awesome song! It has been stuck in my head for a couple days now.

#3175 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I know it's not included, but Lakeside Park is an awesome song! It has been stuck in my head for a couple days now.

+1
Ah it's started for you. FYI, It doesn't unstick.
One of my favorites.
The last line of that song is the dagger and has been stuck with me for decades and to this day.

I've never physically been there but we've all visited Lakeside Park many times. Lyrically and musically a brilliant song..

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3176 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

These look great! These look like they would be worth it for an LE, probably? I guess each machine has 2 bumpers it seems?
Great job on these, btw.

From the Stern site feature matrix

RUSH feature matrix (resized).pngRUSH feature matrix (resized).png

#3177 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Great job on these, btw.

They're for the flashers, not the bumpers. Need to relook at the the playfield but theres a total of 6?

#3178 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Very nice. Wish starman's feet were at 7 o'clock on right flipper, and 5 o'clock on left flipper, so he's more upright than sideways from the word Rush. Anyone else agree?

No, I think they look great and happy to have a set on the way.

#3179 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Best ones yet,I ordered.

#3180 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

They're for the flashers, not the bumpers. Need to relook at the the playfield but theres a total of 6?

Yeah, you're right. Maybe I should read gooder...

Thanks!

#3181 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Then clearly I must be wrong.
dont misunderstand me, they are great as is.
I have his covers on my Gnr... they are the best.
He did some GNR variations by request, so why not Rush as well, no?

His ARE (imo) the best.

shitty quality 30 second mockup but you get the idea..
2022-01-18_11-33-21 (resized).jpg2022-01-18_11-33-21 (resized).jpg

#3182 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Stern posted on FB with the Pros on the line pics. Guessing LEs will hit the line next week

You think they will crank them out that quick?

#3183 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

You think they will crank them out that quick?

Yep! LE’s should start landing in approx 2 weeks.

#3184 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Then clearly I must be wrong.
dont misunderstand me, they are great as is.
I have his covers on my Gnr... they are the best.
He did some GNR variations by request, so why not Rush as well, no?
His ARE (imo) the best.
shitty quality 30 second mockup but you get the idea..
[quoted image]

I think Mr Tantrum will really appreciate your evaluation of his product. Congrats

#3185 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Yep! LE’s should start landing in approx 2 weeks.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I don't think they can get them out that quick

#3186 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I'm cautiously optimistic. I don't think they can get them out that quick

TNT amusements said about 2 weeks out on their last stream from a couple days ago. Todd is a Solid source of info so it’s safe to say they will ‘start’ shipping in early February.

#3187 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

TNT amusements said about 2 weeks out on their last stream from a couple days ago. Todd is a Solid source of info so it’s safe to say they will ‘start’ shipping in early February.

Wow - sounds good

#3188 2 years ago

Either way…anytime in February is fine by me - I’m just happy I got in on one

#3189 2 years ago

Looking at the factory pictures of Rush being assembled I have to ask if these are being built for the international market. Reason is the coindoors have only 1 slot. According to the pics on Sterns website all the games have 2 slots. Hmmm

79CA87C6-B0DB-45CB-B019-D9458CD7AF98 (resized).jpeg79CA87C6-B0DB-45CB-B019-D9458CD7AF98 (resized).jpeg
#3190 2 years ago
Quoted from gsrogers:

Looking at the factory pictures of Rush being assembled I have to ask if these are being built for the international market. Reason is the coindoors have only 1 slot. According to the pics on Sterns website all the games have 2 slots. Hmmm
[quoted image]

good catch - I bet you are right

#3191 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Either way…anytime in February is fine by me - I’m just happy I got in on one

Rec Room Amusements in Toronto says week of Jan 31 for Pro deliveries

#3192 2 years ago
Quoted from gsrogers:

[quoted image]

Yes, those are international...which normally are produced first for each tier.

#3193 2 years ago

production is fast since you see there is like nothing in the Head anymore ,, 3 components / Display/ Transformer / Main CPU Board / wonder how much of the 11k of the LE sitting right there in that head .

#3194 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

production is fast since you see there is like nothing in the Head anymore ,, 3 components / Display/ Transformer / Main CPU Board / wonder how much of the 11k of the LE sitting right there in that head .

These are all Pro's.

#3195 2 years ago
Quoted from gsrogers:

[quoted image]

Can’t be. We’ve been told RUSH is unknown outside the US.

#3196 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Can’t be. We’ve been told RUSH is unknown outside the US.

Do Canadian machines ship with a single coin slot?

#3197 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think Mr Tantrum will really appreciate your evaluation of his product. Congrats

Oh do you know him? Or is that sarcasm? With all your opinions flying around I have a hard time telling the difference.

#3198 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Do Canadian machines ship with a single coin slot?

I think $1 and $2 coin doors

#3199 2 years ago

We better not be getting our games here in the US with single coin doors, it would just be another cost savings switcharoo despite the price increase.

#3200 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

We better not be getting our games here in the US with single coin doors, it would just be another cost savings switcharoo despite the price increase.

I agree - we need both coin slots to push the start button when set on free play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/64?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.