20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 89.
#3101 2 years ago

I can’t stop hearing parts of 2112. Such a great story.

https://www.rush.com/songs/2112/

#3102 2 years ago

WHY ARE WE HERE
BECAUSE WE'RE HERE
ROLL THE BONES

#3103 2 years ago

Lot of RUSH fans crap on Roll the Bones album, but it was a huge hit for them, and the tour was continued for three legs, they came through SoCal 3 times.

I love the Album.

#3104 2 years ago

I don't even like the whole song.
But the 1st two minutes rule lol.
This stupid rap is actually growing on me

EXCORCIST
Wtb craigslist

#3105 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Lot of RUSH fans crap on Roll the Bones album, but it was a huge hit for them, and the tour was continued for three legs, they came through SoCal 3 times.
I love the Album.

I have woke up every morning the last week singing

Begin the day with a friendly voice
A companion unobtrusive
Plays that song that's so elusive
And the magic music makes your morning mood

#3108 2 years ago

Tonight's effort to keep the energy up for the incoming pin...

My wife and I have watched this at least 30 times...easily.

20220116_204302 (resized).jpg20220116_204302 (resized).jpg
#3109 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I don't even like the whole song.
But the 1st two minutes rule lol.
This stupid rap is actually growing on me
EXCORCIST
Wtb craigslist

This is a great version of Roll the Bones at R40. I like the cameos. As far as the rap, I dig it. Rush has a long history of going on their own path and this is another example. Spirit of Radio has a timing and sound change to a reggae component.

https://fb.watch/aAIzUsJ7yy/

#3110 2 years ago

When I think reggae Rush it's gotta be the Working Man intro in '81:

#3111 2 years ago

Game needs Roll the Bones!

#3113 2 years ago

Any idea when Zach is giving this game his B+?

#3114 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Any idea when Zach is giving this game his B+?

Lol

#3115 2 years ago

Seriously, Zach and Greg put on a great podcast. I anxiously await their Rush review.

#3116 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Seriously, Zach and Greg put on a great podcast. I anxiously await their Rush review.

I don’t think either one is a Rush fan so theme and music will both be negatives and score poorly.

Zach did mention last week that he’s gotten more interest in Rush already than he has gotten in LZ in the entire time since release. Goes to show that number of records sold doesn’t directly translate to pin sales.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3117 2 years ago

BTW- I'm in on the pro. The lack of expression lighting on the premium did it for me. If Stern is listening, it should be included on the premium just in case there's a Black Sabbath in our future.

#3118 2 years ago

fun fact:
the automaton / automata (the last judgement / hells kitchen) shown at the end of the 'mystic rhythm' video is owned by marvin's marvelous mechanical museum in farmington hills, mi.
it's kind of hidden but maybe I can convince jeremy to put it back out on display

https://www.facebook.com/marvinsmarvelousmechanicalmuseum/photos/yes-another-in-the-series-on-one-of-the-most-unique-automatonautomata-pieces-in-/3365051946889598

#3119 2 years ago

Picked this up for the keys. Fitting as my wife and I saw them on that tour in ‘91

11550C3C-45F8-4B57-B2C0-55328A90344C (resized).jpeg11550C3C-45F8-4B57-B2C0-55328A90344C (resized).jpeg
#3120 2 years ago

Any distro want to provide more insight on what exactly Stern was asking about when they asked/surveyed you about LZ vs Rush in terms of art and interest? Back a week or two ago..

#3121 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

I love the Album.

It has a few good songs on it, with Bravado being the best which includes his trademark double speed roll at the end. They played Dreamland WAYYYYY to long on tours after the album. They must have liked the song a lot.

I fundamentally disagree with the album's philosophy, but luckily able to separate it from the musical creativity on it.

#3122 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

BTW- I'm in on the pro. The lack of expression lighting on the premium did it for me. If Stern is listening, it should be included on the premium just in case there's a Black Sabbath in our future.

Those of you that didn’t order the premium due to missing expression lighting - how would you have felt if it were included but the price were bumped $600? That is what happened to the LE. It is essentially a $600 forced upgrade whether you like it or not.

At least now you’ve got the option to add it if you want it. Comparing to LZ is not relevant, since it was considered part of the Prem package and needed to justify the price bump from an LZ Pro. They didn’t feel the need to throw it in to entice Prem purchases on Rush.

Frankly I think that Stern is deemphasizing the Premium in general, by building so many more LEs and dragging out delivery of Prems.

#3123 2 years ago
19586C6A-7FC7-4CA2-9CF1-D8FF471E004C (resized).png19586C6A-7FC7-4CA2-9CF1-D8FF471E004C (resized).png
#3124 2 years ago

Here we go!!!

FB_IMG_1642443899270 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1642443899270 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1642444154698 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1642444154698 (resized).jpg
#3125 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Here we go!!!
[quoted image]

Beautiful - should change my wallpaper on the computer.

holy crap that's a lot of rolling carts

#3126 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Here we go!!!

The Canadian flag in the background is a nice touch!

#3127 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Frankly I think that Stern is deemphasizing the Premium in general, by building so many more LEs and dragging out delivery of Prems.

This is exactly what's happening, and the ripple effect really sucks. Distributors are starved for Premiums, which is the model I'm usually interested in. Real shit show, since LE's are sold out and many are winding up in flippers hands (which includes some distributors) being sold for sick $$.

#3128 2 years ago

Just going to leave this here. Makes me laugh. Lee, Lifeson, Morello and Timmy C. In the spotlight. Rush has been my favorite band since I was 13. Love me some RTM and most everything Timmy C has been a part of. Morello may have had some cool tricks but Tim Cummerford brought the groove to every song.
Geddy and Tim have difinately had there impact on me as a bass player.

#3129 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Here we go!!!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I think I see mine 3 down on the left

#3130 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

would the Canadian flag make a good flipper topper ???

#3131 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

WOW ! the eye of the tiger... i admit i really have to look for it after you've said it

#3132 2 years ago

Those of you that didn’t order the premium due to missing expression lighting - how would you have felt if it were included but the price were bumped $600? That is what happened to the LE. It is essentially a $600 forced upgrade whether you like it or not.
At least now you’ve got the option to add it if you want it. Comparing to LZ is not relevant, since it was considered part of the Prem package and needed to justify the price bump from an LZ Pro. They didn’t feel the need to throw it in to entice Prem purchases on Rush.

I'd feel much better for them to have bumped the premium price and given me express lighting than to just bump the price...which they did.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3133 2 years ago

Hmm Stern website says MSRP $6899 still. Lol

Screenshot_20220117-141823_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220117-141823_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3134 2 years ago

I don’t think either one is a Rush fan so theme and music will both be negatives and score poorly.
Zach did mention last week that he’s gotten more interest in Rush already than he has gotten in LZ in the entire time since release. Goes to show that number of records sold doesn’t directly translate to pin sales.

Record sales don’t mean anything when you release a crappy pin. I love Led Zeppelin but will never buy one. I am not a RUSH fan but I am really interested in getting a pro. A great game can draw in a non fan like me. At least till I play it. It looks great. Played LZ and got bored with it. Just a pin with a juke box playing LZ songs.

#3135 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Price is definitely up there for expression lighting. The premium should have had it. $600 is a lot for it. $499 would be easier to swallow. The up-charge on the premium would have been more justified if they included the expression lighting on the premium. Pro is the way to go for me and prefer the pro art package anyway.

#3136 2 years ago

WoW. These are so beautiful up close when you click on them! They have a cool airbrush look that I didn't pickup that well in the reveal. Excited.

RushPro (resized).JPGRushPro (resized).JPGRushPro1 (resized).JPGRushPro1 (resized).JPGRushPro2 (resized).JPGRushPro2 (resized).JPG
#3137 2 years ago

Wow you gotta hand it to Stern for capacity and efficiency.. in one pic Stern is gonna roll out more games than JJP does in a month!

#3138 2 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Wow you gotta hand it to Stern for capacity and efficiency.. in one pic Stern is gonna roll out more games than JJP does in a month!

Hmm, yeah, kind of like Tesla vs. Nissan?

#3139 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1310-diddy-s-mods-/05762-rush-flasher-cap-covers-

Our caps are available for pre order now

Rush flash cap covers, resin based with high details. Each cap is hand painted in 3 different colors to give the utmost detail, after painted they are cleared coated with UV clear to protect the paint from fading or chipping. Our caps will mount using sterns current hardware that's on the playfield. We will be receiving our game the 3 rd week of January hopefully and will make final adjustments and begin shipping the first week of February.

These come in sets of 2 , 4 or 6, buy more and save !!!

20220108_181317 (resized).jpg20220108_181317 (resized).jpg
#3140 2 years ago

I love the pin, btw.

#3141 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Price is definitely up there for expression lighting. The premium should have had it. $600 is a lot for it. $499 would be easier to swallow.

Two things to watch with Sterns going forward:
-the precedent for removing real features out of a premium. Not just cosmetics.
-and potential dlc after a purchase.
Regardless of what it all may cost, hope Stern stays absolutely transparent about it up front.

#3142 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Two things to watch with Sterns going forward:
-the precedent for removing real features out of a premium. Not just cosmetics.
-and potential dlc after a purchase.
Regardless of what it all may cost, hope Stern stays absolutely transparent about it up front.

Hard to call the lights a real feature, some people don't like em. I think they are a great add on to any stern, love em in Zepp and glad they are in Rush

#3143 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hard to call the lights a real feature

Just curious, what should we call them if they interact with the game music and included prior?

#3144 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

WHY ARE WE HERE
BECAUSE WE'RE HERE
ROLL THE BONES

I hope they can just play that snippet when you hit the mystery shot. Would that be weird or cool? I think just having a riff from songs that aren’t fully in the game would be cool when appropriate.

#3145 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Just curious, what should we call them if they interact with the game and included prior?

But they weren't included on prem this time and several have chimed in they didn't like em, so maybe stern is listening?

#3146 2 years ago

It HAS to be in there...
Just hope it happily arrives with Animate, my new favorite Rush track.

#3147 2 years ago

Can honestly say that even 30 years ago, the Trees became my favorite and it's never left it's #1 spot.

#3148 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'd feel much better for them to have bumped the premium price and given me express lighting than to just bump the price...which they did.

They didn’t raise the premium price. All prices matched the GZ prices except for the LE, which was bumped $600 for the expression lights. Hoping the next LE is back to $10,499 and that the features match the premium.

That probably won’t happen… when has Stern ever lowered prices from one release to the next? Rush is my first and likely last LE.

#3149 2 years ago

So I keep hearing on podcasts that Rush isn’t that big a deal, they didn’t deserve to be a cornerstone etc. I can’t believe I’m hearing this? I get Rush wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea but seriously? It keeps getting compared to GnR and I get Guns has a ton of fans but they are two totally different types of bands. Did Rush show up an hour and a half late to their own shows? Did Rush let Metallica down and watch the stadium go ape shit? How many albums does GnR have vs Rush? The whole argument about GnR being a concert under glass is a funny one to me. When I play pins, I’m in it for the challenges and competition aspect, I’m not exactly wanting a concert in a box. Who else agrees? Who else agrees that JJP’s GnR basically goes out of its way to dazzle you with lights but offers very little when it comes to actual pinball playing excitement? I’ve owned both the DataEast GnR and the LE JJP GnR and by far I feel the DE version was a better PINBALL playing experience. So when a game like Rush comes along, I can’t wait to play it and have a great pinball experience, not a concert experience. The other thing is Rush is a band that inspired so many and is so damn unique and special to so many people, especially fellow musicians. I wish these guys on the airwaves would stop down talking them and give them the damn respect they so strongly deserve. What are your thoughts?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/63 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.