20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 89.
#3051 2 years ago

any updates on when the pros will be shipping?

#3052 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And I still buy CDs...streaming is fine when I'm on the move, but nothing beats a well mastered CD IMO.

Nothing?

20220115_133223 (resized).jpg20220115_133223 (resized).jpg
#3053 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

any updates on when the pros will be shipping?

Seems like next week, but only to locations. Pros to homes probably the end of the month/first week of Feb?

#3054 2 years ago

Here's a couple more armor colors for RUSH LE people wanted to see:

RUSH-LE-dk-green.pngRUSH-LE-dk-green.pngRUSH-LE-red.pngRUSH-LE-red.png
#3055 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Nothing?[quoted image]

If that's vinyl you're talking about, I'm over the surface noise. I get there's a certain analog "warmth," but having grown up on vinyl, I think the world moved on for a reason. I believe we're just in a nostalgic vinyl Renaissance right now.

#3056 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If that's vinyl you're talking about, I'm over the surface noise. I get there's a certain analog "warmth," but having grown up on vinyl, I think the world moved on for a reason. I believe we're just in a nostalgic vinyl Renaissance right now.

Vinyl for digitally mastered music is a gimmick, IMO. The digital recording bit depth of the sampling rate of the machine(s) used at the studio lops off the warmth that used to be transferred from the analog tapes to the analog vinyl.

#3057 2 years ago

I have a Rush LE Coming. I have been watching the Price on the Klipsch Sub woofer at my local Costco. They finally marked them down. There was 4 left.
I finally pulled the trigger on it. Matter of fact, I bought 2!
Bought For $124.99 each

20220115_123109 (resized).jpg20220115_123109 (resized).jpg
#3058 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Fair point. Ready for my counter argument to your argument? you knew it was coming... But I'm really not disagreeing with you actually.
I grew up with it too, and renaissance or not, vinyl and cassette is how I'm accustomed to the sound.
CDs really weren't that good when they came out and I was an early adopter/experimenter. People were guessing at how to use this new medium and produce recordings when analog was the standard.
Just listen many (most?) to 80s and 90s CDs compared to vinyl. Many hurt my ears. Clarity and absence of surface nose wasn't worth that. It's all over the map.
They made a lot of progress after that and very few CD were adopted by audiophiles over vinyl still... then enter the remaster and gold cd trends after the turn of the millennium. Electronics improved, experience and time produced many great sounding CDs. And as a result of that audiophiles started embracing recordings on CD as a viable and acceptable acoustically satisfying medium. Today they both produce sounds but they don't do it with the same qualities. I get to decide what suits my mood, because digital and analog are both great to me. I'm an analog kid but a digital man.
There's always purest vs technical arguments but you are right the world has embraced vinyl now more on the basis of nostalgia and trend. Not so much on sound. The CD vs vinyl ambiance to me is likened to a gas fireplace vs wood burning. Each on it's own merits contributes a different experience but in the end they both are producing fire plus or minus those merits. I appreciate what both offers.

#3059 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seems like next week, but only to locations. Pros to homes probably the end of the month/first week of Feb?

That's not too long - may have to break my vow and buy a NIB for the personal collection.

#3060 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

That's not too long - may have to break my vow and buy a NIB for the personal collection.

WE KNEW YOU'D BE BACK!
They always come back...

#3061 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

#3062 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

WE KNEW YOU'D BE BACK!
They always come back...

Never say never - you will regret it

#3063 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Here's a couple more armor colors for RUSH LE people wanted to see:[quoted image][quoted image]

Seriously think that a brass/copper metallic is the only appropriate finish for RUSH LE armor.....

#3064 2 years ago

Reposting this in case anyone else wonders nightly "did that track make it?"
I can't remember 17 damn tracks lol.
Man I wish Animate woulda made it...

b44da66fac7adb610ac90c44fa96b24b39fdbb79 (resized).pngb44da66fac7adb610ac90c44fa96b24b39fdbb79 (resized).png
#3065 2 years ago

Song absolutely rocks - just crank it!

#3066 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

"
Holy hell. I haven't seen that Frankfurt performance of animate but damn that was great way to start the day.
I have the same rush playlist that I always listen to while I'm out on the tractor mowing the 7 acres in my backyard, so I get two or three hours of solid rush in my noise canceling headphones every weekend during the summertime. And if there's more work to do in the backyard that's just more rush to listen to. I always look forward to spending a day doing that.
And this is one of my favorite songs on it. Of course all the Rush songs on my playlist are my favorite songs too, but you know what I mean.
Thanks for this video! And thanks Stern for making this pin, Even though I'm not buying one, So all us rush fans could come together on pin side and talk about and share our love and respect for Rush. Just awesome.

Animate absolutely rocks - just crank it!

Quoted from Gryszzz:

Man I wish Animate woulda made it...[quoted image]

Same - that rhythm seems like a no brainer for pinball

#3067 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Seriously think that a brass/copper metallic is the only appropriate finish for RUSH LE armor.....

Yeah, I liked that rust one.

#3068 2 years ago

Watching the premium stream and found the insider connected pop up sound as annoying as the scoop eject.
Anyone know if this can be disabled or just muted?
Thanks!

#3069 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Watching the premium stream and found the insider connected pop up sound as annoying as the scoop eject.
Anyone know if this can be disabled or just muted?
Thanks!

Not sure, but I imagine after the first few games of piling on early achievements it's not firing off as much.

#3070 2 years ago

I guess we've established that Animate would work great in the game...

Maybe put it behind a flipper code as a mini-mode challenge like Top of the Charts on LZ. The dev team could take virtual bows with little animated visual personal easter eggs among the band footage on the display? I dunno...

Hmm, rules... The band footage display is divided jigsaw-like, with a few (color coded?) major areas devoted to sections of the dev team, each with a few shots/jigsaw pieces that represent dev team members/sub-groups.

Hit shots to "unlock" the jigsaw pieces of the display, making them go from sepia-toned static to color animated. Combos animate more display pieces quicker; draining or a period without hitting shots causes pieces of the display to turn back to static (un-animated).

Score more based on how many dev team puzzle pieces are animating at any one time. Mode ends when player drains/misses shots so all the display's dev team puzzle pieces turn un-animated, or song ends?

#3071 2 years ago
Quoted from Wicked-Flip:

Stay! Go! Work! No! Think! Live! Earn! Give! Wait! Fight! Laugh! Right!
Listen!
Sometimes I wonder if the TITLE of this one was for Mongo.
(Somebody out there will see what I did there. Everyone else will stare around in wonder)

Narpets (Anagram)

#3072 2 years ago

Think I've listened to Animate about 100 times the last few days.
Hoping that like MET and ACDC the songs aren't tied to inserts (mainly). Unlike Maiden, where you really can't substitute any songs. I mean, you could, but I won't.

#3073 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

I guess we've established that Animate would work great in the game...
Maybe put it behind a flipper code as a mini-mode challenge like Top of the Charts on LZ. The dev team could take virtual bows with little animated visual personal easter eggs among the band footage on the display? I dunno...
Hmm, rules... The band footage display is divided jigsaw-like, with a few (color coded?) major areas devoted to sections of the dev team, each with a few shots/jigsaw pieces that represent dev team members/sub-groups.
Hit shots to "unlock" the jigsaw pieces of the display, making them go from sepia-toned static to color animated. Combos animate more display pieces quicker; draining or a period without hitting shots causes pieces of the display to turn back to static (un-animated).
Score more based on how many dev team puzzle pieces are animating at any one time. Mode ends when player drains/misses shots so all the display's dev team puzzle pieces turn un-animated, or song ends?

You might be slightly overthinking this Billy.
BUT I LIKE IT

#3074 2 years ago

We lived in Raleigh for 4 years. Loved it.
Mountains to the left, ocean to the right. Perfect.

#3075 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Fair point. Ready for my counter argument to your argument? you knew it was coming... But I'm really not disagreeing with you actually.
I grew up with it too, and renaissance or not, vinyl and cassette is how I'm accustomed to the sound.
CDs really weren't that good when they came out and I was an early adopter/experimenter. People were guessing at how to use this new medium and produce recordings when analog was the standard.
Just listen many (most?) to 80s and 90s CDs compared to vinyl. Many hurt my ears. Clarity and absence of surface nose wasn't worth that. It's all over the map.
They made a lot of progress after that and very few CD were adopted by audiophiles over vinyl still... then enter the remaster and gold cd trends after the turn of the millennium. Electronics improved, experience and time produced many great sounding CDs. And as a result of that audiophiles started embracing recordings on CD as a viable and acceptable acoustically satisfying medium. Today they both produce sounds but they don't do it with the same qualities. I get to decide what suits my mood, because digital and analog are both great to me. I'm an analog kid but a digital man.
There's always purest vs technical arguments but you are right the world has embraced vinyl now more on the basis of nostalgia and trend. Not so much on sound. The CD vs vinyl ambiance to me is likened to a gas fireplace vs wood burning. Each on it's own merits contributes a different experience but in the end they both are producing fire plus or minus those merits. I appreciate what both offers.

Fantastic post...I wish everyone could argue their opinion here as level minded and well thought out as this was.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3076 2 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I have a Rush LE Coming. I have been watching the Price on the Klipsch Sub woofer at my local Costco. They finally marked them down. There was 4 left.
I finally pulled the trigger on it. Matter of fact, I bought 2!
Bought For $124.99 each[quoted image]

How do you hook these up to low level on the Spike 2?

#3077 2 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

How do you hook these up to low level on the Spike 2?

Here is what I use! They are great and simple to install!
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsub-spike-spike2-stern-kit

pinsub (resized).jpgpinsub (resized).jpg
#3078 2 years ago

All you need is a sub, some speaker wire, and electrical tape.

#3079 2 years ago

Haven’t seen anything official but is the PRO going to be streamed before shipping?

#3080 2 years ago

Thankyou. Are these compatible with the Pinwoofer system? Doesn't Pinwoofer uses the same spot to connect to the main board as well?

#3081 2 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Thankyou. Are these compatible with the Pinwoofer system? Doesn't Pinwoofer uses the same spot to connect to the main board as well?

I would PM Dan at Pinwoofer before making any sound upgrade purchases.

#3082 2 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Are these compatible with the Pinwoofer system?

Hey DRDAVE ! We're only shipping the Knockout Amp ("KO" Amp) for Rush which includes a subwoofer line out. You'll need a 12ft audio cable to route this signal to the external and you won't need anything else. Please put a note in your order and we'll add the cable free of charge (good for all, while supplies last). Thanks for asking!

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/

#3083 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey DRDAVE ! We're only shipping the Knockout Amp ("KO" Amp) for Rush which includes a subwoofer line out. You'll need a 12ft audio cable to route this signal to the external and you won't need anything else. Please put a note in your order and we'll add the cable free of charge (good for all, while supplies last). Thanks for asking!
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/

Thankyou! =)
Althougn it says my (KO Amp) Pinwoofer order has been shipped so I may have mised the "boat".

#3084 2 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Thankyou! =)
Althougn it says my (KO Amp) Pinwoofer order has been shipped so I may have mised the "boat".

Not to worry - they are easy to come by and low cost:

ebay.com link: itm

#3085 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Sound is better on vinyl, older vinyl anyway compared to cd. You do have surface noise if the record is dirty or a crappy needle, but you hear more on the vinyl pressings. When you transfer to cd it compresses the sound and you loose some sounds. Played yellow submarine on vinyl and I missed highs that I didn’t hear on the cd

#3086 2 years ago

Wife said going somewhere to shop. I said ok mask up and take your time. Just Blasting Rush!

#3087 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Think I've listened to Animate about 100 times the last few days.
Hoping that like MET and ACDC the songs aren't tied to inserts (mainly). Unlike Maiden, where you really can't substitute any songs. I mean, you could, but I won't.

If you have Expression Lighting, replacing songs is going to be weird. Those light shows are synced & choreographed to the music. Swapping out the song will result in an audio/visual mismatch.

#3088 2 years ago

Yesterday was maintenance/cleaning/update day here .Then watched some stream on the big boy .Game looks sooooo smooth can’t wait to actually play it

284E8FB8-C850-4DB5-BB31-73631AE7C757 (resized).jpeg284E8FB8-C850-4DB5-BB31-73631AE7C757 (resized).jpeg
#3089 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Yesterday was maintenance/cleaning/update day here .Then watched some stream on the big boy .Game looks sooooo smooth can’t wait to actually play it
[quoted image]

Anticipation

27625F57-19C1-406F-9783-E6A9E4890B44 (resized).jpeg27625F57-19C1-406F-9783-E6A9E4890B44 (resized).jpeg
#3090 2 years ago

I’d like to buy the World of Rush...

#3091 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If you have Expression Lighting, replacing songs is going to be weird. Those light shows are synced & choreographed to the music. Swapping out the song will result in an audio/visual mismatch.

Yeah, good point. Prob just leave it alone, and hope for bonus tracks at some point.

#3092 2 years ago

Poll needs added:
Who else has woke up humming/singing Roll the Bones for two fuckin weeks straight?

#3093 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Poll needs added:
Who else has woke up humming/singing Roll the Bones for two fuckin weeks straight?

I've been singing YYZ all week....

#3094 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Poll needs added:

Big Money for me. What a great song!

#3095 2 years ago

Tom Sawyer going on 8 days

Quoted from AUKraut:

I've been singing YYZ all week....

#3096 2 years ago

Also how do you guys have your 3 letter name appear on your avatars ??

#3097 2 years ago

Like this:
???

#3098 2 years ago

Yea. How do I change that ?

#3099 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Poll needs added:

Cannot get Red Barchetta out of my mind, have watched all the different videos on utube

#3100 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Yea. How do I change that ?

Click on your Pinside name on the very top of the menu bar. Then about 3/4 down on your personal info page you can set your initials.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/62?hl=rockfordreplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.