20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 89.
#3001 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

I actually really like Presto as well, kind of a transition album but the album that got me into Rush

Put some headphones on and listen to Presto and Available Light

#3002 2 years ago

Listened to a few albums and really liked Force Ten.

Not a good enough song to make the final cut?

#3003 2 years ago

other than 'far cry', nothing from snakes & arrows got a lot of love (or airplay) back in the day, but I really think 'armor & sword' and 'hope' are standout tracks. neither are fast paced enough for a place in the game, but both are fantastic songs in my opinion. plus, it's their only studio album featuring 3 instrumental tracks

'the main monkey business' or 'malignant narcissism' could potentially work in the game. tmmb has some nice ebbs and flows and mn could work well as a victory laps mode

#3004 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

Counterparts is simply awesome. They reverted back to a heavier sound. Guitar heavy, great lyrics, many songs about relationships of one kind or another. I actually really like Presto as well, kind of a transition album but the album that got me into Rush. I was not really thrilled with Roll The Bones the album, but the tour was Fantastic. Bravado is really the only song that I love from RTB. I was thankful that on Counterparts, they had gone back to a heavier sound. I can't believe that album and tour were 28 years ago.

I actually didn't mind Roll the Bones at all, I liked the song too. It was the time and hey, I understand some don't like.

Counterparts just rocks, great songs too. I listened to it beginning to end last week for the first time in a while and Im just amazed how good it really was. I was definitely more of an 80' and 90s Rush fan.

#3005 2 years ago

wan't counterparts the album that their producer had alex ditch most if not all of his effects and geddy drop the keyboards for the most part to have them 'get back to basics'? 'leave that thing alone' is still probably one of my all-time favorite instrumentals that they've done

#3006 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

wan't counterparts the album that their producer had alex ditch most if not all of his effects and geddy drop the keyboards for the most part to have them 'get back to basics'?

I think that was Vapor Trails.

#3007 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

wan't counterparts the album that their producer had alex ditch most if not all of his effects and geddy drop the keyboards for the most part to have them 'get back to basics'? 'leave that thing alone' is still probably one of my all-time favorite instrumentals that they've done

IIRC in Beyond the Lighted Stage, they were taking about after the softness of Presto and Roll the Bones, they needed to do an album "with balls" ... so, Counterparts.

#3008 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I actually didn't mind Roll the Bones at all, I liked the song too. It was the time and hey, I understand some don't like.
Counterparts just rocks, great songs too. I listened to it beginning to end last week for the first time in a while and Im just amazed how good it really was. I was definitely more of an 80' and 90s Rush fan.

I was 21 when RTB came out and was and always will be an 80's music guy in general. Dreamline and Bravado are my favs, and the album isn't "bad", it's just not one my favorites. None of their albums are bad, but albums like RTB and HYF are at the bottom of the list. Heresy, Bet Your Life and others are listenable, but not something I am longing to hear. Presto had Available Light, which is totally awesome, great ender. War Paint, Scars, Hand Over Fist, The Pass, which is one of their best songs period and Anagram, lots to like on Presto including the title track. LOL, my least fav songs on Presto are the first two. I worship RUSH, but there are songs that just do nothing for me, not many though. That's what is so awesome about RUSH, they have so many albums and eras that all speak to different people in different ways. I was too young to know and understand RUSH during my favorite era, 1976 through 1983.....and too young to see them live. Bummer.

#3009 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

I was 21 when RTB came out and was and always will be an 80's music guy in general. Dreamline and Bravado are my favs, and the album isn't "bad", it's just not one my favorites. None of their albums are bad, but albums like RTB and HYF are at the bottom of the list. Heresy, Bet Your Life and others are listenable, but not something I am longing to hear. Presto had Available Light, which is totally awesome, great ender. War Paint, Scars, Hand Over Fist, The Pass, which is one of their best songs period and Anagram, lots to like on Presto. LOL, my least fav songs on Presto are the first two. I worship RUSH, but there are songs that just do nothing for me, not many though. That's what is so awesome about RUSH, they have so many albums and eras that all speak to different people in different ways. I was too young to know and understand RUSH during my favorite era, 1976 through 1983.....and too young to see them live. Bummer.

Counterparts Tour was short and sweet. 4 months after coming off of 10 months of touring with RTB. Cool setlist. They played Animate, Double Agent, Cold Fire, Nobody's Hero, Leave That Thing Alone and Stick It Out. Would have loved to hear Cut To The Chase live as well. Everyday Glory is another killer ender for an album, even though it is slower. Great last minute of the song.

#3010 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

IIRC in Beyond the Lighted Stage, they were taking about after the softness of Presto and Roll the Bones, they needed to do an album "with balls" ... so, Counterparts.

Yep.......and they did! I was sooooooooo happy they wanted to go back a bit to the power trio style.

#3011 2 years ago

I just can't conceive how some of you guys are saying their later albums, 90s and beyond, are your favorite Rush albums. Its like saying you like like Pam Anderson now vs when she first got on the scene. But I love that you all love ANY Rush song and album, I just can't for the life of me imagine anything after Moving Pictures sounding better than what proceeded it in 74-80. But even my least favorite Rush songs/albums are better than most bands best work.

#3012 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I just can't conceive how some of you guys are saying their later albums, 90s and beyond, are your favorite Rush albums. Its like saying you like like Pam Anderson now vs when she first got on the scene. But I love that you all love ANY Rush song and album, I just can't for the life of me imagine anything after Moving Pictures sounding better than what proceeded it in 74-80. But even my least favorite Rush songs/albums are better than most bands best work.

I agree, except for their last album, Clockwork Angels. Stellar, but I still prefer 2112, AFTK, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures and Signals over that one. Snakes and Arrows was really good too, Vapor Trails and Test For Echo not so much.

#3013 2 years ago

There was a good article that came out sometime in the 00s that talked about the 'loudness' war that the recording industry was going through in the late 90s/early 2000s. they talked about designing the sound to be listened to on ear buds and that 'loud' songs were better for radio. This ruined the sound on good audio systems as everything in the song is the same volume, no longer mixed up and down to bring forward some bits compared to others. They used Rush's Vapor Trails as a prime example. I don't know if this is the original article, but it does talk about this album.

https://www.soundporter.com/post/the-loudness-wars-and-what-i-ve-learned

#3014 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

There was a good article that came out sometime in the 00s that talked about the 'loudness' war that the recording industry was going through in the late 90s/early 2000s. they talked about designing the sound to be listened to on ear buds and that 'loud' songs were better for radio. This ruined the sound on good audio systems as everything in the song is the same volume, no longer moved up and down to bring forward some bits compared to others. They used Rush's Vapor Trails as a prime example. I don't know if this is the original article, but it does talk about this album.
https://www.soundporter.com/post/the-loudness-wars-and-what-i-ve-learned

I still remember Alex himself getting on social media to try to minimize the sound issues with the original release of Vapor Trails, saying it sounded exactly as he wanted. The out of nowhere, years later, a remix is issued addressing the issues, and this time Alex came back saying he recently had realized how overcooked the mixing was on the release, thus the remix edition (which IMO sounds so much better!!).

#3015 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I still remember Alex himself getting on social media to try to minimize the sound issues with the original release of Vapor Trails, saying it sounded exactly as he wanted. The out of nowhere, years later, a remix is issued addressing the issues, and this time Alex came back saying he recently had realized how overcooked the mixing was on the release, thus the remix edition (which IMO sounds so much better!!).

Unfortunately, their later live albums suffer from the same mistakes.

#3016 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

LOL, my least fav songs on Presto are the first two. I worship RUSH, but there are songs that just do nothing for me, not many though. That's what is so awesome about RUSH, they have so many albums and eras that all speak to different people in different ways.

Agree. I am not as much of fan of Show Don’t Tell and Stick It Out on Counterparts. Many more enjoyable songs on both albums (musically they are good though) I don’t dislike them, but to me they are too repetitive and maybe too “catchy”. Maybe they are a better fit for the casual fan. They don’t get you on the personnel level that 80-90% of the songs do.

#3017 2 years ago

Anyone know when the livestream of the Pro version is happening?

#3018 2 years ago

I’m not a fan, I’ve never owned a Rush album or been to a show but I’m really enjoying the fan shares in this thread. It seems to really stand out from other rock pin release threads.

#3019 2 years ago

This is turning into a thread that should be on the Steve Hoffman Music forums. For those of you that haven't heard of it, anything music is discussed there. It's worth checking out.

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/forums/music-corner.2/

#3020 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:I was 21 when RTB came out and was and always will be an 80's music guy in general. Dreamline and Bravado are my favs, and the album isn't "bad", it's just not one my favorites. None of their albums are bad, but albums like RTB and HYF are at the bottom of the list. Heresy, Bet Your Life and others are listenable, but not something I am longing to hear. Presto had Available Light, which is totally awesome, great ender. War Paint, Scars, Hand Over Fist, The Pass, which is one of their best songs period and Anagram, lots to like on Presto. LOL, my least fav songs on Presto are the first two. I worship RUSH, but there are songs that just do nothing for me, not many though. That's what is so awesome about RUSH, they have so many albums and eras that all speak to different people in different ways. I was too young to know and understand RUSH during my favorite era, 1976 through 1983.....and too young to see them live. Bummer.

For sure!

Most bands change over time to some degree. Then there is Hagar vs Roth LOL.

I like most Rush but it was the Signals and Moving Pictures that got me going so I gre up with them from there...

#3021 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

For sure!
Most bands change over time to some degree. Then there is Hagar vs Roth LOL.
I like most Rush but it was the Signals and Moving Pictures that got me going so I gre up with them from there...

I remember hearing Subdivisions (now my favorite RUSH song) on the radio when it came out and I was 12. I loved that song but was too young to really comprehend it fully and know who RUSH was. That era is unsurpassed.......

#3022 2 years ago

Moving pictures tour and album hooked me. Went to see them live in signals tour and Grace under pressure tour. Regret not sticking with it now but those concerts are two of my favorites I've ever been to. Other memorable for me was ac/dc for those about to rock tour and u2 Joshua tree tour and the cure disintegration tour are a few that I won't forget.

I can still close my eyes and see the moment when all the spotlights above the stage in synchronized fashion fan across the arena and fall into place as one spot on Alex the exact moment he breaks into his killer guitar solo in limelight. What a Rush!

#3023 2 years ago
FB_IMG_1642194630409 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1642194630409 (resized).jpg
#3024 2 years ago

Whoa....
Totally digging Counterparts!
I do recognize Nobody's Hero now. I remember thinking how freakin progressive those lyrics were back then.
Animate is a helluva an opener.

#3025 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Whoa....
Totally digging Counterparts!
I do recognize Nobody's Hero now. I remember thinking how freakin progressive those lyrics were back then.

Such a great underated album.

#3026 2 years ago

Alex always had such a superb tone, but it really jumps out on Counterparts.
Freakin lovin these 1st 5 tracks.

#3027 2 years ago

3 guys walk into a bar
The first guy says to the bar "I've got the biggest hands in the world".
The second guy says to the bar "I've got the biggest feet in the world".
The third guy says to the bar "I've got the most talent in the world".
The 3 guys then go to Guinness World Records to confirm their claims.
The first guy comes back grinning and says "Incredible, I really do have the biggest hands in the world".
The second guy comes back smiling and says "Amazing, I really do have the biggest feet in the world".
The third guy comes back pissed off and angry and says " Who the fuck is Rush???

#3028 2 years ago

Just got these in…. and a few others not in this pic.
DC6025A5-313E-42CA-B436-0A363F7A547B (resized).jpegDC6025A5-313E-42CA-B436-0A363F7A547B (resized).jpeg

#3029 2 years ago

Got my LE paid for and now the wait! THIS is the game that will be bolted to the floor for sure. SO happy to hear that the sales numbers for this title have soared and have completely squashed all the haters predictions that it would tank. What kind of topper do you think we will see?

#3030 2 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

3 guys walk into a bar
The first guy says to the bar "I've got the biggest arms in the world".
The second guy says to the bar "I've got the biggest legs in the world".
The third guy says to the bar "I've got the most talent in the world".
The 3 guys then go to Guinness World Records to confirm their claims.
The first guy comes back grinning and says "Incredible, I really do have the biggest arms in the world".
The second guy comes back smiling and says "Amazing, I really do have the biggest legs in the world".
The third guy comes back pissed off and angry and says " Who the fuck is Rush???

Damn thats awesome!!! LOL

#3031 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Got my LE paid for and now the wait! THIS is the game that will be bolted to the floor for sure. SO happy to hear that the sales numbers for this title have soared and have completely squashed all the haters predictions that it would tank. What kind of topper do you think we will see?

The topper will be interesting .

#3032 2 years ago

Gotta be Neil's drum set!!

#3033 2 years ago

What kind of topper do you think we will see?

My guess is RUSH logo from their first album in Big letters with a large lit drum Clock that syncs with the game.

#3034 2 years ago

Im guessing its an Owl

#3035 2 years ago

I’m guessing Starman or first album “RUSH”

#3036 2 years ago

What's up with the lack of new Stern toppers lately? They've been hot sellers. But the last new creation was Led Zeppelin, right? And it was released around when the game was revealed, so it's been a year.

Nothing for Mandalorian or Godzilla. Any word on those?

#3037 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

I remember hearing Subdivisions (now my favorite RUSH song) on the radio when it came out and I was 12. I loved that song but was too young to really comprehend it fully and know who RUSH was. That era is unsurpassed.......

Agreed, Subdivisions is my favorite Rush song. Moving Pictures is what I’d consider a perfect album but so much incredible Rush came after it. Very fond of Grace Under Pressure because of what the band was facing at that time and the music they produced in spite of it.

#3038 2 years ago

Stay! Go! Work! No! Think! Live! Earn! Give! Wait! Fight! Laugh! Right!

Listen!

Sometimes I wonder if the TITLE of this one was for Mongo.

(Somebody out there will see what I did there. Everyone else will stare around in wonder)

#3039 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Good points. I love most of their material - each of it has a little bit of something different. They had to change as to do the same type of music over and over and over gets boring as hell.

While I like RTB (the music, not the phiolosophy behind it) as I look back on it, the last of the complete albums were Counterparts and Vapor Trails. Everything else has a few good tracks on it, but a lot of filler.

Someone mentioned Hands Over Fist recently - loved that song!

#3040 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Listen to this baby. I think it's a federal crime to treat a bass like Geddy is on it.

#3041 2 years ago

#3042 2 years ago

"This is the greatest rock band of all time. Sorry."

Holy hell. I haven't seen that Frankfurt performance of animate but damn that was great way to start the day.
I have the same rush playlist that I always listen to while I'm out on the tractor mowing the 7 acres in my backyard, so I get two or three hours of solid rush in my noise canceling headphones every weekend during the summertime. And if there's more work to do in the backyard that's just more rush to listen to. I always look forward to spending a day doing that.
And this is one of my favorite songs on it. Of course all the Rush songs on my playlist are my favorite songs too, but you know what I mean.
Thanks for this video! And thanks Stern for making this pin, Even though I'm not buying one, So all us rush fans could come together on pin side and talk about and share our love and respect for Rush. Just awesome.

#3043 2 years ago
Quoted from bestbrad:

What's up with the lack of new Stern toppers lately? They've been hot sellers. But the last new creation was Led Zeppelin, right? And it was released around when the game was revealed, so it's been a year.
Nothing for Mandalorian or Godzilla. Any word on those?

Zeppelin was the last one. Hell people are still waiting on their Mandolarian premiums from May of last year. Stern needs to farm out their accessories department. Not even shown Godzilla side armor even or release art blades for it. I went with wizard mod art blades.

#3044 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

"This is the greatest rock band of all time. Sorry."
Holy hell. I haven't seen that Frankfurt performance of animate but damn that was great way to start the day.
I have the same rush playlist that I always listen to while I'm out on the tractor mowing the 7 acres in my backyard, so I get two or three hours of solid rush in my noise canceling headphones every weekend during the summertime. And if there's more work to do in the backyard that's just more rush to listen to. I always look forward to spending a day doing that.
And this is one of my favorite songs on it. Of course all the Rush songs on my playlist are my favorite songs too, but you know what I mean.
Thanks for this video! And thanks Stern for making this pin, Even though I'm not buying one, So all us rush fans could come together on pin side and talk about and share our love and respect for Rush. Just awesome.

To you RUSH is the greatest, but there are many greatest rock bands. Queen, Montrose with Sammy, AC/DC, Cream, ect. They are your favorite but RUSH never attained the global success like AC/DC. REM sold more records than RUSH. Glad you love them, but for most people they don’t agree with that.

I am not saying RUSH sucks, but there are many greatest bands. I am not a fan but I am considering getting a pro and RUSH is growing on me and want to give them a chance. Great music for a pin. I am pleasantly surprised.

#3045 2 years ago

Just checking in ... This is a pinball thread isn't it?

#3046 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

To you RUSH is the greatest, but there are many greatest rock bands. Queen, Montrose with Sammy, AC/DC, Cream, ect. They are your favorite but RUSH never attained the global success like AC/DC. REM sold more records than RUSH. Glad you love them, but for most people they don’t agree with that.
I am not saying RUSH sucks, but there are many greatest bands. I am not a fan but I am considering getting a pro and RUSH is growing on me and want to give them a chance. Great music for a pin. I am pleasantly surprised.

Montrose kicks azz! One of the first 8 tracks ( dated myself) I ever bought ! But RUSH is still the better band

#3047 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Just checking in ... This is a pinball thread isn't it?

Only if you're not a Rush fan, like BallyKISS1978 , but if you are then it's wayyy more than that. Statistics don't matter to a rush fan it's all about three incredible friends and musicians, and the music.
And as bally pointed out it is all personal opinion. Rush fans are proud of this Because It keeps that little Canadian trio that much more special.... Record sales, metrics and selling out to the corporate stuff don't factor in And would only devalue.

Maybe you guys need to start a new thread that says
Rush pin, pinball talk only No fans allowed.

#3048 2 years ago

Rush is one of the Best Bands I have ever seen .Montrose with Hagar awesome,Van Hagar was good but a step down for Van Halen and For Sammy.Whats everyone got waiting for their Rush Pinball experience ?So far I have my Pinwoofers kit and speaker lights kit.I need more stuff because ???? I just do .No dolls thanks.

#3049 2 years ago

I used to own several hundred CDs back in the day. This is all I have left now. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I still had Moving Pictures.

PXL_20220115_180551255 (resized).jpgPXL_20220115_180551255 (resized).jpg
#3050 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I used to own several hundred CDs back in the day. This is all I have left now. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I still had Moving Pictures.
[quoted image]

And I still buy CDs...streaming is fine when I'm on the move, but nothing beats a well mastered CD IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/61?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.