20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 89.
#2851 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It's probably closer to Maiden, where you can pick a song, but if you enter a specific song mode or multi ball, then it's overridden. Once done w/the mode, it'll return to you to the song you picked.

That's not cool at all. One of the reasons I sold Maiden was because of that.

We're going to get 15 seconds of Cygnus at a time? Hopefully this is changed on a later update. Again - MET and KISS got it perfect. LZ is pretty good too - can totally rock out to the songs, find the rhythm and grove playing pinball.

Speaking of perfection.....

#2852 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

We're going to get 15 seconds of Cygnus at a time? Hopefully this is changed on a later update. Again - MET and KISS got it perfect.

totally agree with this. I noticed that the songs would change a lot during play. For a music pin I actually want to hear the song, not a sample. Hopefully they change it.

#2853 2 years ago

Which multiball challenges does the player not get when playing on the Pro model?

#2854 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

We're going to get 15 seconds of Cygnus at a time? Hopefully this is changed on a later update. Again - MET and KISS got it perfect. LZ is pretty good too - can totally rock out to the songs, find the rhythm and grove playing pinball.

Agree to disagree. I love how Maiden is coded. If I want the full song I pick it at the beginning, but I still get some other songs throughout the process. I think it keeps things a little more compelling but that Rush just needs the transitions between tracks to be less abrupt.

#2855 2 years ago

I get the complaints about how the playing of songs might be implemented into the gameplay and rules but, if you want to hear un-interrupted songs, might I suggest a stereo? Not to be a jerk about it or anything but wouldn't that solve the issue of hearing pieces of songs at a time?

#2856 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I get the complaints about how the playing of songs might be implemented into the gameplay and rules but, if you want to hear un-interrupted songs, might I suggest a stereo? Not to be a jerk about it or anything but wouldn't that solve the issue of hearing pieces of songs at a time?

I believe the conversation was more about abrupt and frequent changes, not total uninterrupted playing of a song.

#2857 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I have played a fair bit of LZ and the code seems really good and suits that game.
Way better than many people think as different ways to play it, with its unique playfield multiplier.

I played LZ Pro for the first time a few weeks ago. It's definitely not as terrible as people make it out to be.

Playfield is a bit baron but I think the worst part is the art is an album cover.

#2858 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Agreed! Quintencential RUSH:

#2859 2 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Agreed! Quintencential RUSH:

GOOSEBUMPS!

#2860 2 years ago

THIS...

Six main timed modes:

Tom Sawyer
Working Man
The Spirit of Radio
The Big Money
La Villa Strangiato
Limelight

... makes NO sense for a Rush pinball machine.

You would never get far into these epic songs. Are we only going to be able to hear 60 seconds of La Villa Strangiato which is a 10 minute song? I owned a KISS for a couple years. The way Lonnie coded it was a mode per song, modes are NOT TIMED, songs were continued between balls and each took around 8 shots to complete. This allowed you to really jam out and play through the song. Please make these not timed or at least the option in settings to allow for untimed modes.

#2861 2 years ago

Stream of PRO scheduled/announced?

#2862 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

THIS...
Six main timed modes:
Tom Sawyer
Working Man
The Spirit of Radio
The Big Money
La Villa Strangiato
Limelight
You would never get far into these epic songs. Are we only going to be able to hear 60 seconds of La Villa Strangiato which is a 10 minute song? I owned a KISS for a couple years. The way Lonnie coded it was a mode per song, modes are NOT TIMED, songs were continued between balls and each took around 8 shots to complete. This allowed you to really jam out and play through the song. Please make these not timed or at least the option in settings to allow for untimed modes.

The modes are NOT timed.

#2863 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

THIS...
Six main timed modes:
Tom Sawyer
Working Man
The Spirit of Radio
The Big Money
La Villa Strangiato
Limelight

The modes on Rush are NOT TIMED!!!

#2864 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I believe the conversation was more about abrupt and frequent changes, not total uninterrupted playing of a song.

Exactly!!

#2865 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Funny when people say not trying to be a jerk end up sounding like a complete jerk.

#2866 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I actually like the way it is on Maiden and find that it does not switch up too much. Rolling Stones on the other hand was like an ADD jukebox. The snippets were so short and changed so often that it drove me to the point where I just didn't want to listen to it ever.

#2867 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

The modes are NOT timed.

Quoted from TomGWI:

The modes on Rush are NOT TIMED!!!

Exactly! Tim specific mentioned that none of the modes were timed during the Dead Flip stream.

#2868 2 years ago

My wishlist for added tracks changes daily lol.
Today it's YYZ and Bastille Day.
Wait. Is Bastille Day on there? Can't remember now.

#2869 2 years ago

I love the selection of songs as a whole but I still want Roll The Bones in there for a song(sure I am in minority here) especially since they have it partially integrated on the mystery and the playfield. I always really liked that song and even the album. Not as good as their older stuff but pretty damn good.

#2870 2 years ago

I wish Trees was in the pin

#2871 2 years ago

The only way to get this full concert (besides the youtube version) is on old school Video Laser Disc or VHS tape. (edit: 2007 DVD is available)
I think this is one of their best if not The Best live shows they have done. Geddy's voice is spot on as well as his guitar work.
I just ordered this in hopes of getting some of this concert footage on DVD at least:
https://www.amazon.com/Rush-Replay-DVD-NTSC-Geddy/dp/B01I05L7YO/ref=sr_1_1
Pricey but you can get used ones for much cheaper if you look around. (I did)

#2872 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

My wishlist for added tracks changes daily lol.
Today it's YYZ and Bastille Day.
Wait. Is Bastille Day on there? Can't remember now.

Bastille Day is in

#2873 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I wish Trees was in the pin

You and me both.

#2874 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Bastille Day is in

Thank you. After I typed that, I thought it might be. GREAT NEWS!

#2875 2 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

The only way to get this full concert (besides the youtube version) is on old school Video Laser Disc or VHS tape unfortunatley.
I think this is one of their best if not The Best live shows they have done. Geddy's voice is spot on as well as his guitar work.
I just ordered this in hopes of getting some of this concert footage on DVD at least:

I have this DVD set. The SHow of Hands disc has the following:
The Big Money
Marathon
Turn the Page
Prime Mover
Manhattan Project
Closer to the Heart
Red Sector "A"
Force Ten
Mission
Territories
The Rhythm Method - Drum Solo
The SPirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer
The Temples of Syrinx/ La Villa Strangiato/ In the Mood

If you already knew this, then I apologize for taking up the bandwidth.

#2876 2 years ago
Quoted from Evets:

The Big Money
Marathon
Turn the Page
Prime Mover
Manhattan Project
Closer to the Heart
Red Sector "A"
Force Ten
Mission
Territories
The SPirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer

Incredible DVD. Marathon, and Force Ten are specifically outstanding.

#2877 2 years ago
Quoted from Craziestsinge:

I agree with many of your posts (and I've noticed this myself) that all the songs are available to play at the very beginning. There is no progression (like in GNR) to accomplish tasks in order to "earn" the privilege of hearing a song. I like the way in GNR that while you are grinding to earn a song, you hear GNR music in instrumental form. In this way, the sound design is much better in GNR. Additionally, the songs in Rush are interrupted by other songs as you progress, but I suppose this is better for game flow and keeping this interesting and chaotic. That said, excited for this title.

In GNR you can actually select any song once you unlock the song mode, which isn't that difficult. You don't have to play the default song that comes up. The tasks are determined by the song you select. So earning a specific song isn't really the case with GNR either.

#2878 2 years ago

Jack Danger is streaming Rush again with a code update, seems like they toned down or eliminated the scoop beeping, wise move.

#2879 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

The modes are NOT timed.

Thank God. The “This Week in Pinball” article states that the modes ARE timed so I hope that is incorrect.

#2880 2 years ago

I am watching https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip
and see it continually jumping off the songs all the time and favoring the same 5 out of 16(?) songs is annoying me.

#2881 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Thank God. The “This Week in Pinball” article states that the modes ARE timed so I hope that is incorrect.

It is correct. It was mentioned by the people that made the game multiple times on stream. They aren’t timed.

#2882 2 years ago
Quoted from Evets:

The Big Money
Marathon
Turn the Page
Prime Mover
Manhattan Project
Closer to the Heart
Red Sector "A"
Force Ten
Mission
Territories
The SPirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer

Looks like I'm covered with the Replay X3 :

"Dates of release & formats for Rush A Show of Hands
The VHS and Laserdisc versions were the original formats of release, both in 1989.[2] They are both currently out-of-print.

In 2006, a DVD version of the original production, with its audio re-mastered in 5.1-channel Dolby Surround by Rush guitarist and co-producer Alex Lifeson, was released as part of the DVD box set, titled Rush Replay X 3. In 2007, the DVD version of A Show of Hands, as it was included in Replay X 3, was released as a single, stand-alone DVD."

And Replay X 3 goes great with pinball as pinnball and Replays go great together!

#2883 2 years ago

Watching the Deadflip stream, and it seems odd to me that when a multiball drains to single ball it still stays in the multiball song (instead of toggling back to the song mode you were in or the track you chose at the start of play). Not sure how I feel about that.

#2884 2 years ago

Neil Peart on the making of A SHOW OF HANDS, Rush's video version of their live album of the same name:

"For a band with high standards, a perfect show is impossible, and an excellent show is rare. You hope that the norm is good. To deliver a truly exceptional, comfortable performance before a recording truck or film crew has been our unfulfilled dream of many years."

#2885 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Watching the Deadflip stream, and it seems odd to me that when a multiball drains to single ball it still stays in the multiball song (instead of toggling back to the song mode you were in or the track you chose at the start of play). Not sure how I feel about that.

Shouldn’t stay on the song once the multiball ends. At least early code and hopefully they fix it. Don’t know Tim Sexton’s history, will he stay with coding updates with it? I started collecting pinball in 2019. At least Munsters finally got a code update.

#2886 2 years ago

Imagine JJ decided on Rush instead of GNR and used Show of Hands concert footage to make their concert pin.
Then imagine Stern did GNR.

Just thinking out loud here.

#2887 2 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Imagine JJ decided on Rush instead of GNR and used Show of Hands concert footage to make their concert pin.

Can Ray and Tim go over to JJ and code it too? Oh and can the engineers at stern go over there and make the flippers too? Haha

#2888 2 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Teleport me to this alternate universe immediately.

#2889 2 years ago

George and I just released our latest podcast today in which we talked all things classic pinball but took a sharp turn into this newest Stern release as well because...
well because it's RUSH! And I am a Rush fan (Obviously): =)
https://podbay.fm/p/the-classic-pinball-podcast/e/1641901524

#2890 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can Ray and Tim go over to JJ and code it too? Oh and can the engineers at stern go over there and make the flippers too? Haha

That was one of the most polite body slams I've ever seen.

#2891 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That was one of the most polite body slams I've ever seen.

Nah. He's just putting on his imagination hat. And that's a big imagination he's got there!

#2892 2 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Stern should have done GNR. Maybe they wouldn’t have butchered that plunge shot. One of the worst in pinball!

#2893 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Stern should have done GNR. Maybe they wouldn’t have butchered that plunge shot. One of the worst in pinball!

There isn't a worse one. There will never be a worse one.

#2894 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Ahem, it's not a plunge shot, it's a skill shot. There's a difference. Force vs finesse. This is a common misunderstanding.

#2895 2 years ago

Rush

#2896 2 years ago

I think the only issue I have is the roll the bones Mystery graphic. It's like an ape skull.

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 10.02.09 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-01-11 at 10.02.09 PM (resized).png

#2897 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I think the only issue I have is the roll the bones Mystery graphic. It's like an ape skull.

Maybe that’s The Main Monkey Business…

#2898 2 years ago

This may have been posted: a compilation of Rush references in TV and movies

#2899 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

hehe, if only the other companies could make their flippers feel just close to stern flippers....Ive owned stern, jjp, american and have an Alien and CCr on order. But I just feel at home when I have Stern flippers.

#2900 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

hehe, if only the other companies could make their flippers feel just close to stern flippers....Ive owned stern, jjp, american and have an Alien and CCr on order. But I just feel at home when I have Stern flippers.

Ya, Stern does make the best flipper IMO

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/58?hl=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.