20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 89.
#2701 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

That first sentence there reads as though you are giving reasons for why Rush is not in the hall of Fame, when in fact they are. I get what you are trying to say, though, and agree that they can be an acquired taste. But when you do acquire it, you truly appreciate the talent that is there.
I finished watching Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage on Netflix last night and highly recommend it.

Not bashing RUSH, I am really starting to get into them and really digging the pin, but the Hall of Fame is pretty much all political and the selection committee is ridiculous see Paul Stanley’s speech when KISS was inducted. Madonna and Laura Nyro is in there and Iron Maiden and Jethro Tull is not. To be honest the Hall of Fame is kinda of a joke.

#2702 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

RUSH flasher cap covers inspired from Neil Peart's steampunk drums.....these will be sold in sets of 2 or 4 or 6? Looks like 6 caps possibly
[quoted image]

I’m in for 4 too!

#2703 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

For those that are having trouble understanding the genius of Rush (and I'm sorry God took a lunch break and put someone else in charge when your ears were made ) but go to youtube, and just listen to isolated tracks of Geddy's bass or Neil's drums. Unbelievable stuff. Example A

For many people like me and my wife, the issue was with Geddy’s voice. It definitely is very unique, but the high pitch of it was off putting. I couldn’t get into Styx either. Loving the pin and going to play some RUSH and give them a chance.

#2704 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Not bashing RUSH, I am really starting to get into them and really digging the pin, but the Hall of Fame is pretty much all political and the selection committee is ridiculous see Paul Stanley’s speech when KISS was inducted. Madonna and Laura Nyro is in there and Iron Maiden and Jethro Tull is not. To be honest the Hall of Fame is kinda of a joke.

and Rush fans have thought this forever.........here's Alex doing his acceptance

#2705 2 years ago

Rush definitely didn't get in because of politics. They got in because legions of fans kept demanding they did get in.

They deserve their place there 110%.

#2706 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Rush definitely didn't get in because of politics. They got in because legions of fans kept demanding they did get in.

Well the hall of fame IS a bit of a joke, but all you have to hear is the extensive applause they got when their name was announced at the induction ceremony to know that they earned their place there.

Please...watch this video at the 1:30 mark to understand how much fellow musicians respect and appreciate the work of these guys:

#2707 2 years ago

Madonna and Laura Nyro is in there and Iron Maiden and Jethro Tull is not. To be honest the Hall of Fame is kinda of a joke.

You are right about some artists not deserving to be in ahead of others.Doobie Brothers were a long time coming as well.Rush deserves it if any Band does.

#2708 2 years ago

That acceptance speech was embarrassing to watch. What was he trying to accomplish? It surely wasn't gratitude. If it was a comment on the for profit business that is the R&R HOF then why participate at all. At best this was a poor audition tape for a sitcom pilot.

#2709 2 years ago

#2710 2 years ago

Does anyone know if the rules incorporate any kind of narrative, beyond the what is in the modes?

Presume 2112 is the final wizard mode?

Just wondering if there is a narrative leading up to getting to 2112?

Also wondering if 2112 is going to be attainable for average/decent players as opposed to the tournament elite?

With prices these days, need to believe these parts of games are attainable!

Beast in Maiden is a good guideline as it's in reach, but still really hard to get to - for me anyway.

Whereas Encore on AC/DC.....never gonna happen

#2711 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

sorry Mate never heard of them.I guess they only stop for the Best.

I see what you did there…

#2712 2 years ago
#2713 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Presume 2012 is the final wizard mode?

Just wondering if there is a narrative leading up to getting to 2012?

Also wondering if 2012 is going to be attainable for average/decent players as opposed to the tournament elite?

#2714 2 years ago

This would be cool! I am a huge John Cusack fan!

#2715 2 years ago

Great post.

Does anyone know if the rules incorporate any kind of narrative, beyond the what is in the modes?
Just wondering if there is a narrative leading up to getting to 2012?
Also wondering if 2012 is going to be attainable for average/decent players as opposed to the tournament elite?
With prices these days, need to believe these parts of games are attainable!
Beast in Maiden is a good guideline as it's in reach, but still really hard to get to - for me anyway.
Whereas Encore on AC/DC.....never gonna happen

#2716 2 years ago

Rush was good up to Moving Pictures and then they lost me.</blockquote

Why are you here?

#2717 2 years ago

I am here because I like Rush and I like pinball. I like the first eight albums. With that said, I understand that this is simply my opinion. I respect your opinion if you feel "Hold your Fire" is their finest work and masterpiece.

#2718 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Rush was good up to Moving Pictures and then they lost me.

I get your stance, I do, because I always say the best Rush is Fly By Night to Moving Pictures, and I do see a drop after that album, but Signals and Power Windows is still great stuff. But yeah, you can't top perfection from 74-80

#2719 2 years ago

Anyone know why no John Borg on the interviews / podcasts / Streams ?
Does he shy away from these things?

I would enjoy hearing him talk about the game.

#2720 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I am here because I like Rush and I like pinball. I like the first eight albums. With that said, I understand that this is simply my opinion. I respect your opinion if you feel "Hold your Fire" is their finest work and masterpiece.

I respect all people's opinions, but that's comedy gold right there, calling Hold your Fire their masterpiece album. It was their worst album to date the year they released it. Although I absolutely love Time Stands Still.

#2721 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

He was in the deadflip stream chat answering questions and commenting on combos etc

#2722 2 years ago
Quoted from TeaHaus:

and Rush fans have thought this forever.........here's Alex doing his acceptance

I love Alex, I get his sense of humor, but I didn't really find that his finest moment. Yes, Rush was ignored and disrespected by Rolling Stone and the press for years. But like someone said, even though the RHF is somewhat a joke, I would have rather them thanked their fans for their loyalty and said goodnight then make a mockery of it. Just my humble opinion. But I love the band and they worked their arses off for decades and deserve everything they got!

#2723 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

No insider info, but I think he must have covid or has been pretty sick and just not able to.

#2724 2 years ago

Edited! 2112.

#2725 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Your feelings there are actually not uncommon. Rush did have many different phases they went thru, and depending on the listener some more popular than others. I have several later albums I’m not fond of either. I will say this to all you Terry Brown era Rush fans: listen to 2 of their later albums, Vapor Trails (look for the remixed version) and especially Clockwork Angels. I put Clockwork Angels up there with any of the Terry Brown era albums, and the song Headlong Flight is in my Top 5 ever for them.

It's interesting, we all love the same band but have different tastes. My favorite era is the synth era(79-89), but also love the later period including Presto, RTB, Counterparts, etc. Vapor Trails has some great stuff on it, but Headlong Flight does nothing for me, nor does A Farewell to Kings or Hemispheres. But a lot of people love that era and it's awsome. We don't have to like the same songs - long as we love the composers right?

If you really want to see a civil war, go wander into a Genesis forum some day.

#2726 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I love Alex, I get his sense of humor, but I didn't really find that his finest moment. Yes, Rush was ignored and disrespected by Rolling Stone and the press for years. But like someone said, even though the RHF is somewhat a joke, I would have rather them thanked their fans for their loyalty and said goodnight then make a mockery of it. Just my humble opinion. But I love the band and they worked their arses off for decades and deserve everything they got!

The RRHF is a total joke and Alex was able to get that point across without actually torching the hall directly and by saying nothing more than blah. If he had done the standard thank yous, his speech would have been lost in the sea of other thank you speeches given by hundreds of inductees before him. Genius to some, absurd to others, but as it stands now, his "speech" is absolutely remembered and is still being discussed here 9 years later.

#2727 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well the hall of fame IS a bit of a joke, but all you have to hear is the extensive applause they got when their name was announced at the induction ceremony to know that they earned their place there.
Please...watch this video at the 1:30 mark to understand how much fellow musicians respect and appreciate the work of these guys:

I never saw that before. Beyond words.....

#2728 2 years ago
Quoted from TeaHaus:

Asked about his legendary Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction speech consisting entirely of "blah blah blahs," Lifeson said: "Well, it just seemed like a good idea at the time. I had a speech written and I was trying to memorize it and I couldn't remember it. And I thought I might as well just [go] 'blah blah blah.' And I thought, 'Well, that's a good idea.' And so I thought it would tell the story of our history and how we got to that stage without using any words. And the interesting thing is that everybody remembers my speech."

In Lifeson's Rock Hall speech, the guitarist changed the tone of his voice to exhibit a range of emotions — with everyone understanding what he meant, especially when he "described" getting the call that the band was being inducted.

"I had no idea he was doing that," Lee later told Rolling Stone. "Let me go on the record to say he didn't tell us he was doing that. In fact, I know he had a whole other speech planned. Neil [Peart, drums] and I thought he had lost his marbles when he was talking. You can see the look on our faces behind him going, 'What the fuck is he doing?' And of course, we couldn't see him act it all out. We just kept hearing, 'blah blah blah blah blah.'"

He continued: "I don't know what his pure intent was, but I think it was more a knock on speeches, the whole process of the Hall Of Fame induction thing.

Lee added: "He's a mental case. And he's genuinely one of the funniest people you would ever meet in your life. But I wanted to kill him at the three-minute mark. Neil and I were threatening to knock him on the head and drag him offstage."

#2729 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

At a get together and none cared for it.

I have found Rush not to be "get together" type listening music. Much of what they sing about is a reflection of life itself. Neil wrote the lyrics and fits his drums perfectly into those lyrics. Heady to tribal all at once. Crack open a couple of Norrlands Guld Export, slap on some headphones and listen to "Second Nature" on Hold Your Fire. Greta Thunberg would be impressed.

#2730 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I agree. 3 minutes of blah's were disrespectful to his bandmates, who could have used the time (as you say) to thank the fans, crew, teachers, whatever. (you can tell by their demeanor Neil/Geddy weren't digging it).

#2731 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

What is a char, sleeze char, or “warriors movie”?

Watching it now. LOL

#2732 2 years ago

The Warriors.. great cult classic!

I've really been enjoying this pin pulling all us rush fans together and reading all these posts from all the Rush fans in one place! Love the dialogue and comments from casual to die hard fans... And also the polite commentary for people who may be just discovering them for the first time (I'm jealous somewhat) or for the "up to moving pictures" fans who may now be more interested or considering to revisit and explore the greatness in their post moving pictures works and others they haven't considered ....

Great stuff!

#2733 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

That first sentence there reads as though you are giving reasons for why Rush is not in the hall of Fame, when in fact they are. I get what you are trying to say, though, and agree that they can be an acquired taste.

I was quoting the things the other person said back to contrast with the fact that they ARE in the RRHoF.

#2734 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I respect all people's opinions, but that's comedy gold right there, calling Hold your Fire their masterpiece album. It was their worst album to date the year they released it. Although I absolutely love Time Stands Still.

Hold Your Fire is my least favorite RUSH album, Show of HANDS DOWN............although the recording of Subdivisions on that live album is wicked. Low End coming out of the beginning music verse.

#2735 2 years ago
Quoted from Seamlesswall:

Crack open a couple of Norrlands Guld Export, slap on some headphones and listen to "Second Nature" on Hold Your Fire. Greta Thunberg would be impressed.

How dare you!

#2736 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

No insider info, but I think he must have covid or has been pretty sick and just not able to.

I have been talking with John. He seems fine to me.

#2737 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I've really been enjoying this pin pulling all us rush fans together and reading all these posts from all the Rush fans in one place!

Me too. Think about it, 3 "mates" from high school days, didn't destroy themselves with whatever and/or hating each other though endless touring, Neils personal tragedies (read his first book to learn) and yet they stayed together. Neil writes all of the words but doesn't sing a note. Geddy plays contrapuntal LOW bass with a high voice. (can't tell you how many people hate...you folks understand), but how he pulls this off is beyond me, throw in the pedals and keyboards shall we? Sick talent. Then there's Alex. So underrated. For those who aren't musicians here, when you work with other musicians it's not about you, it's about the collective sound of the people you are working with. He knew that playing your ass off would only take away from the
other two hyperactive players. Think Chris Squire. Pick your moments and shine. Alex is amazing, he's a listener. Bottom line, I hope that this pin turns at least one person into understanding the brilliance of these 3 friends.

#2738 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I didn’t say they didn’t deserve it, but they don’t care what fans think. It’s very political.

#2739 2 years ago

Regarding mods. Does anybody out there have experience creating a ramp mod? My idea is to remove one of the ramps and make it more of a ladder, i.e. Jacob's Ladder. Thinking of simply painting it. Any recs on accomplishing this or do you think I would just end up destroying a perfectly working ramp?

#2740 2 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

The RRHF is a total joke and Alex was able to get that point across without actually torching the hall directly and by saying nothing more than blah. If he had done the standard thank yous, his speech would have been lost in the sea of other thank you speeches given by hundreds of inductees before him. Genius to some, absurd to others, but as it stands now, his "speech" is absolutely remembered and is still being discussed here 9 years later.

That was my point, the Hall is a joke. I am from Cleveland and never went to see it. The people who do the voting are usually a joke. See what Paul Stanley thinks about it. He sums it up completely. Again I never said RUSH doesn’t deserve to be in there, but also can’t say because someone is means they deserve it also.

#2741 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Regarding mods. Does anybody out there have experience creating a ramp mod? My idea is to remove one of the ramps and make it more of a ladder, i.e. Jacob's Ladder. Thinking of simply painting it. Any recs on accomplishing this or do you think I would just end up destroying a perfectly working ramp?

I'd just print a ladder on vinyl. It's been done on other pins (Iron Maiden comes to mind) very effectively and is reversible.

Here's the maiden one Tilt did:
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/iron-maiden-ramp-decals-stone-stairs-mod

#2742 2 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

https://search.blabbermouth.net/news/rushs-alex-lifeson-on-his-blah-blah-blah-rock-hall-speech-it-seemed-like-a-good-idea-at-the-time/

I remember watching the speech. I was curious so I searched and found this.

#2743 2 years ago

I'm just trying to figure out exactly which words some people didn't like in this speech.

#2744 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd just print a ladder on vinyl. It's been done on other pins (Iron Maiden comes to mind) very effectively and is reversible.
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/iron-maiden-ramp-decals-stone-stairs-mod

Thanks so much for the link.

#2745 2 years ago

Doing chores around the house and letting Rush play on Spotify, and I never realized how much their 70s offerings sounded like the more exploratory Zeppelin stuff. I definitely prefer the Permanent Waves through Signals era, but the way the band evolved through the years is highly interesting.

#2746 2 years ago

Does this work well?

I have the maiden and been hesitant in getting this for the ramp.
And now will have rush ramp to deal with as well.

So, anyone used these? Would recommend?

Quoted from PinMonk:

#2747 2 years ago

Great job Rush team! This one is special and proves how lacking GNR really is and how it shoots like a lame slow moving dog in comparison to Rush. Finally Rush has upped the ante for music pinball and has shown the world what a real pinball game looks like, with superior integration of the band. Not just a concert in a box, but a real shooters delight with mechs and interesting objectives, without being just MB after MB.

After playing mechless GNR twice the wow factor is gone and then it becomes just plain annoying to have all those lights constantly flashing in your face. RUSH on the other hand, has done the lighting so well, as to add to the game ambiance, but not take away from actually playing pinball. IMO, Rush is now the music standard reference pin, along with IMDN. Borg’s passion for this theme shines through.

#2748 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Does this work well?
I have the maiden and been hesitant in getting this for the ramp.
And now will have rush ramp to deal with as well.
So, anyone used these? Would recommend?

It looks great, but I haven't personally used it. I also haven't heard any complaints about it, so I'm assuming it's ok.

#2749 2 years ago

When will be the Rush pin be rated on the top 100? This being such a niche pin, how do you think that will affect it's value over time? Personally, I think this particular pin (if it is a fun pin to play, unlike Zep) will be the next Gamestop stock.

#2750 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Great job Rush team! This one is special and proves how lacking GNR really is and how it shoots like a lame slow moving dog in comparison to Rush. Finally Rush has upped the ante for music pinball and has shown the world what a real pinball game looks like, with superior integration of the band. Not just a concert in a box, but a real shooters delight with mechs and interesting objectives, without being just MB after MB.
After playing mechless GNR twice the wow factor is gone and then it becomes just plain annoying to have all those lights constantly flashing in your face. RUSH on the other hand, has done the lighting so well, as to add to the game ambiance, but not take away from actually playing pinball. IMO, Rush is now the music standard reference pin, along with IMDN. Borg’s passion for this theme shines through.

Dude. You’re so lame.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer
Backbox
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Algonquin, IL
$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rehoboth Beach, DE
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com
Unisex
$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/55 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.