20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 89.
#2601 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Yes.. the 2015 footage sort of blended in together and I didnt't think the songs had as much impact. Just nitpicking though.. GNR uses all new footage so I'm happy Rush even has access to it. Maybe with code updates? I'd love to see them keep tweaking it.

Yeah, hopefully, compared to gameplay coding changes, video editing should only take minutes to fix.

#2602 2 years ago

I have two Bluetooth soundbars each with a sub. Can you tell me if either of these subs would work for Rush? Also I wasn’t sure if it could even pair or hook up without the soundbar? Thanks.

71E3D6C1-2B99-49FD-B4C1-7A9251BAF918 (resized).jpeg71E3D6C1-2B99-49FD-B4C1-7A9251BAF918 (resized).jpeg76DA7B9A-A5C5-466E-9FF1-7CEC1DFC4BC6 (resized).jpeg76DA7B9A-A5C5-466E-9FF1-7CEC1DFC4BC6 (resized).jpeg
#2603 2 years ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

The callouts need to be redone. Hopefully they're listening to us on this.... No real excitement for most of them, felt like Alice Cooper taught Alex how to do the voice work.

Highly doubtful. The however many hundreds of band callouts detail has been a promoted selling point of the game. They put out a BTS video feature of their recording and had barenaked ladies guy pinball celebrity direct the VO sessions. So they clearly already dedicated significant time and energy toward them, and are presumably pleased with the results.

#2604 2 years ago

Did Tim mention there was a storyboard writer?? Another definite winner here...

#2605 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Highly doubtful. The however many hundreds of band callouts detail has been a promoted selling point of the game. They put out a BTS video feature of their recording and had barenaked ladies guy pinball celebrity direct the VO sessions. So they clearly already dedicated significant time and energy toward them, and are presumably pleased with the results.

I actually like hearing band members in their regular speaking voice, it feels more natural. I know Geddy added so oomph and enthusiasm for some of the callouts for bigger game events, but for lots of others I prefer the conversational tone. Feels more like you're hanging out with the band.

#2606 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

I agree. I have many polks and use them for most games and they work just fine but for rock pins I like Klipsch. You get 2-3 x more power, tight & clean for only $50-70 more dollars. 12's are just a little more but not much, but since all my subs are 10's.. I stay with 10's so they don't look out of place.
amazon.com link »

Actually the Klipsch 12 is $35 bucks less than the Klipsch 10 at the moment. Only $35 more than the Polk PSW10. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MJ1YR8Y/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_V5J0NS6ENMKG29ECP83T

Seems like a great deal for a bigger driver and 200W vs 50w on the PSW10.

#2607 2 years ago

Pay It Forward …

Hi. I am quite blessed to have options on two LEs. If you are in the North East of the US and are desiring an LE then please PM me to chat. I want this possibly to go to a huge Rush fan that missed out. Rush fans help pinball fans. I will reply to first person that replies.

I just want to help a fellow Rush pinhead!

#2608 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

I also like these to connect them.. and with any sub that doesn't have inline connectors. Very simple to hook up to RCA inputs direct from the cabinet speaker.
amazon.com link »

It's definitely not the greatest idea on Earth to hook this up that way. There's a bigger difference between speaker level inputs and the RCA inputs than just the connector. The speaker level can be much higher voltage and might do damage unless you turn the volume way down in the on-screen menu. If you want to go in through the RCA jack you really should use the pinnovators mod.

#2609 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Pay It Forward …
Hi. I am quite blessed to have options on two LEs. If you are in the North East of the US and are desiring an LE then please PM me to chat. I want this possibly to go to a huge Rush fan that missed out. Rush fans help pinball fans. I will reply to first person that replies.
I just want to help a fellow Rush pinhead!

Hopefully Apollo18 is near you. He should get that extra Rush LE.

#2610 2 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

I actually like hearing band members in their regular speaking voice,

Personally, I think the voices they used worked perfectly for this piece. If they kept their regular voices, it would not have worked. The director was spot on. Keeping Neil low key in his regular voice was perfect. Oh how we all miss him...

#2611 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Hopefully FireWolf is near you. He should get that extra Rush LE.

We tried but unfortunately there was an issue

#2612 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Yeah, I saw the clip. Honestly, I'm slightly dismayed that Ed from BNL didn't catch the lack of enthusiasm at the get-go and correct it then.

Hopefully they captured far better clips that we just aren't seeing yet. At the very least, simple effects could be applied to the completely dry captures.

If not, there's always pinball browser lol

#2613 2 years ago
Quoted from Seamlesswall:

Personally, I think the voices they used worked perfectly for this piece. If they kept their regular voices, it would not have worked. The director was spot on. Keeping Neil low key in his regular voice was perfect. Oh how we all miss him...

First time I watched this i thought that was Tom Hanks not Neil.

#2614 2 years ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

Yeah, I saw the clip. Honestly, I'm slightly dismayed that Ed from BNL didn't catch the lack of enthusiasm at the get-go and correct it then.
Hopefully they captured far better clips that we just aren't seeing yet. At the very least, simple effects could be applied to the cometely dry captures.
If not, there's always pinball browser lol

They did like 3 different variations for each callout, so hopefully there are some better choices that can be made. I agree that some of them sound pretty dry. The only one that really annoyed me was Geddy’s high score callout.

#2615 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

I also like these to connect them.. and with any sub that doesn't have inline connectors. Very simple to hook up to RCA inputs direct from the cabinet speaker.
amazon.com link »

I use Pinnovators for non music games and upgrade to Pinwoofer for music games, which has an output built in.

#2616 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

It's definitely not the greatest idea on Earth to hook this up that way. There's a bigger difference between speaker level inputs and the RCA inputs than just the connector. The speaker level can be much higher voltage and might do damage unless you turn the volume way down in the on-screen menu. If you want to go in through the RCA jack you really should use the pinnovators mod.

Forgot to add that I do use the Pinnovator's mod at speaker level and then to the connector, thanks. One thing that I don't believe in is using 1 sub for multiple games.. I like the sound way better individually even though splitter's are made to do that.

#2617 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Fly By Night was is my favorite mode.. the older footage, graphics with the owl, lighting, it really stands out.. Hope they mixed up the other modes a little more with the different era's of footage that they have.. better dynamics. Subdivisions was good, but the original video had a Tempest arcade machine in it.. they could've just used that, it's great the way it is.

Totally agree on this: " Subdivisions was good, but the original video had a Tempest arcade machine in it.. they could've just used that, it's great the way it is."

#2618 2 years ago

I didn’t see any of the CGI and videos that they used during concerts on the screens. Thought we might get some of them since they supposedly had access to all assets. Did I just miss them? I do think the new animations are well done overall.

#2619 2 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

Anybody know if the Expression Lighting can do green? It would be cool if the lighting turned green at times during the chorus on Limelight

My biggest hope now is for the Expression lightshows to be much better. I'm guessing that this there are still a lot of "placeholders" to be filled in but the current lightshows were the only disappointing thing for me. The lights need to be synced to the music more. When Neil crushes the double kicks the lights should follow. When he plays those amazing roto-tom runs in Priests then the expression lights should be ripping like the toms are being played. The lightshow rarely seemed to follow the music and if that is what we end up with it's a missed opportunity to take advantage of Rush's music.

#2620 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I didn’t see any of the CGI and videos that they used during concerts on the screens. Thought we might get some of them since they supposedly had access to all assets. Did I just miss them? I do think the new animations are well done overall.

Yeah- the video they play on the stage backdrop for One little victory should totally be on there

#2621 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Forgot to add that I do use the Pinnovator's mod at speaker level and then to the connectors, thanks. One thing that I don't believe in is using 1 sub for multiple games.. I like the sound way better individually even though there are splitter's are made to do that.

#2622 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

My biggest hope now is for the Expression lightshows to be much better. I'm guessing that this there are still a lot of "placeholders" to be filled in but the current lightshows were the only disappointing thing for me. The lights need to be synced to the music more. When Neil crushes the double kicks the lights should follow. When he plays those amazing roto-tom runs in Priests then the expression lights should be ripping like the toms are being played. The lightshow rarely seemed to follow the music and if that is what we end up with it's a missed opportunity to take advantage of Rush's music.

Tim Sexten specifically said on the Stern podcast that they hadn’t really worked on lighting yet so there’ll be plenty more to come.

Added over 2 years ago:

Sexton

Added over 2 years ago:

Tim Sexton specifically said on the Stern podcast that they hadn’t really worked on lighting yet so there’ll be plenty more to come.

#2623 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Holy crap that was a lot of purple!
The game looks like it’s going to be brutal stacking and building values rules with almost no time to pause and focus.
I really despise these strategies of ‘boost the values’ on everything as a game mechanic. Use in moderation… not across the board. If you need a calculator to estimate a shot’s value… you’ve gone too far.
Like (but not as bad as…) zep the focus on the song seems to rob the game of direct player payoff/gratification for doing things. No, displaying s score doesn’t count… think theatrics like the castle blowing up, taf storm, Metallica sparky, etc.
And the sound fx… the drums snd beeps… oi
Looks like a lot to do the game… but rules that are too virtual and too score verse objective driven

too purple? hell yes. a friend and I joked that they could use the game for a prince re-theme. I don't know if it's the playfield art, the LEDs under the slings and inlanes or a combination of the two, but hopefully it's not that bad when I get mine.

#2624 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

I have two Bluetooth soundbars each with a sub. Can you tell me if either of these subs would work for Rush? Also I wasn’t sure if it could even pair or hook up without the soundbar? Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You need some low level inputs on the sub. Those are usually red or white RCA type connectors on the back.
https://www.the-home-cinema-guide.com/how-to-connect-a-subwoofer.html

#2626 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flip-for-good-charity-auction-for-rush-le

Folks, just posted my Rush LE as a charity auction to benefit the Glioblastoma Foundation. All proceeds above what I paid for it to charity. To sweeten the deal, I'll match the donation out of pocket dollar for dollar.

Let's dig deep and Flip for Good...

#2627 2 years ago

Attention Pro owner's, something cool.. I did get confirmation back through the artist that we'll have 4-string Geddy on the cabinet art.

#2628 2 years ago

Can you post a pic? I don’t do FB

#2629 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Can you post a pic? I don’t do FB

RUSH flasher cap covers inspired from Neil Peart's steampunk drums.....these will be sold in sets of 2 or 4 or 6? Looks like 6 caps possibly
20220108_181317 (resized).jpg20220108_181317 (resized).jpg

#2630 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

RUSH flasher cap covers inspired from Neil Peart's steampunk drums.....these will be sold in sets of 2 or 4[quoted image]

Very nice!

How about a drum clock for pro owners, Anything planned like that?

#2631 2 years ago

Nice.
I don’t do FB either. Good to see here.

#2632 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Very nice!
How about a drum clock for pro owners, Anything planned like that?

Possible, we'll see..... game looks fun and a winner.....plus I love steampunk stuff so this is in my wheelhouse again

#2633 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

RUSH flasher cap covers inspired from Neil Peart's steampunk drums.....these will be sold in sets of 2 or 4[quoted image]

Hoo baby. I like these.

Parsing through the thread. Tell me I just missed the posts on real time machine dial mods?

(Fortunate to be in on an LE, btw.)

#2634 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Please let us all know when you have them for sale. You are going to sell a ton of those.

#2635 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

When Led Zeppelin learned they were getting a pinball machine they thought it would have bells and chimes.

No wonder it's missing all the bells n whistles.

#2636 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I’m in!!!!! Looks so cool!!!!!

#2637 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Attention Pro owner's, something cool.. I did get confirmation back through the artist that we'll have 4-string Geddy on the cabinet art.

I figured that would be fixed

#2638 2 years ago

I am really excited to play this game. Big time fan.
With that said..... the person who designed the playfield art needs to be taken outside and flogged. Is the artist the same guy who designed the Pontiac Aztek? Or maybe the art department was short-staffed and they hired the guy who used to airbrush the Sizzler ride at the '81 Iowa State Fair? Why are Alex and Neil circa mid 70's while Geddy is mid 2000's with the chin goatee? I just find it incredible that the artwork could (and should) have been so cool. With Rush, there were so many options available.

As far as songs, we could argue all day about which songs should have made the list. As we know, the Rush sound changed throughout the years. I just thank god that the art department had zero say in which songs to put in the game. If that were the case, Tai Shan, would have been the featured song.

#2639 2 years ago

Not a mod guy but man y'all are coming up with some KILLER shit. Applause.

#2640 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

RUSH flasher cap covers inspired from Neil Peart's steampunk drums.....these will be sold in sets of 2 or 4 or 6? Looks like 6 caps possibly
[quoted image]

Count me in for 4

#2641 2 years ago
Quoted from Seamlesswall:Personally, I think the voices they used worked perfectly for this piece. If they kept their regular voices, it would not have worked. The director was spot on. Keeping Neil low key in his regular voice was perfect. Oh how we all miss him...

Polka Rush!

#2642 2 years ago

BACK TO THE FRONT as Jimmy would say.
Flip flopping on YYZ and In the End to YYZ and ANTHEM.
Perfect pinball music.

#2643 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

RUSH flasher cap covers inspired from Neil Peart's steampunk drums

Super cool! Good stuff!

#2645 2 years ago

Rivendell is a damn fine track

#2646 2 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

You need some low level inputs on the sub. Those are usually red or white RCA type connectors on the back.
https://www.the-home-cinema-guide.com/how-to-connect-a-subwoofer.html

Thank you for the information.

#2647 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Thank you for the information.

Get one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EAWS3W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00

Converts a high-level signal (woofer terminals) to a low-level signal (the sub input), and is a BALUN. The pin's amp is a 'balanced' output and a the sub's input is likely 'single-ended' (i.e. unbalanced), and a BALUN (BALanced to UNbalanced) eliminates the balanced to single-ended issue. Prevents ground loops too. basically just an audio transformer.

Meant for car stereos, where someone wants to hook up another amp and subs, but the car stereo doesn't have a 'line out' connection. Perfect for this application too.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Edit: Just saw the original post might have been for a bluetooth sub, my comment was for a wired setup. Looks like you need the soundbar for the wireless sub.

#2648 2 years ago

JFC all you need is some electrical tape but painters tape will also be accepted.

#2649 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

Those are awesome possum! Sign me up!

#2650 2 years ago

Waiting to here what allotment my distributor will be getting. He’s just starting out and I bought two pins from him. Great guy. I will let you know when he tells me what and how many he is getting. I was able to hook a few people up with a Godzilla pro.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/53?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.