20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 89.
#2151 2 years ago

Let’s Get on with the fascination
The real relation, the underlying theme!

RIP Neil Peart 1/7/2020

34E69FA1-725F-44DA-8B31-65D12A7ECC47 (resized).png34E69FA1-725F-44DA-8B31-65D12A7ECC47 (resized).png
#2152 2 years ago
Quoted from SteelNation:

I’m pretty new to this hobby but got hooked quickly and I am now addicted to all things pinball. I’m a life long Rush fan and this will be my first NIB machine. I was really nervous this wouldn’t live up to what I’d imagined it could be. Since the release, I’ve been devouring every last detail I can find about this machine. The two Stern podcasts got me so pumped about the reality of actually owning this machine! There is clearly a lot of passion going into this project which makes me love it even more.
I saw Jacks stream tonight and the small bits of animation you could see looked great! I can’t wait to see this in action tomorrow.
This image from the Rush comic seems to be close to the playfield portraits.
[quoted image]

You will fair better than most Led Zeppelin fans like me. RUSH looks amazing. I am not a fan of the band but I am wanting to get a pro. Looking forward to the stream tomorrow. That will help with my decision for sure.

#2153 2 years ago

I think the more people like RUSH and the more albums people know of, the more people will like the cabinet artwork and backglass artwork. People who do not follow RUSH will not understand much of it and wonder what it all means. Some will be into the pin enough to venture into their catalog a bit and might get it a little more after? I love all 3 backglasses and cabinets. They are all very different and very RUSH.....It's like they made these pins for the diehard fans. Kind of like what RUSH did on their final tour in 2015. Played Jacobs Ladder at every show after tour upon tour of hearing from the fans that they wanted to hear it and played ALL that old material in the 2nd set. Look at the last 8-9 songs before the encore (this changed slightly depending on what show you saw) Tom Sawyer, YYZ or Red Barchetta, The Camera Eye, The Spirit of Radio, Natural Science, Jacobs Ladder, Hemispheres Prelude, Cygnus X-1 (only instrumental and cut somewhat), Closer to the Heart, Xanadu (all of it) and 2112 (4 of 7 parts). WHAT AN ENDING!!!!!!! The encore was money as well. I got an LE, cannot wait.

#2154 2 years ago

Strange take, but y’all remember that steam punk machine someone built?
I think it would be rad to copper plate the LE and add some copper pipes with light bulbs etc making it look like a big steampunk trunk kind of thing.
Just thinking out loud, but seems like a great pin for that.

#2155 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I really like all 3 art packages - can’t go wrong w any of them. I decided to go the LE route cause it was my favorite of the 3, I like the extra mechanics/features for the Prem/LE, and I have a strong feeling the expression lighting and side rails are going to be in short supply given the huge demand for this game. After owning a LZ premium for almost a year now, I couldn’t imagine playing RUSH without the expression system. Love the way it looks and interacts.
Got my coin door magnet and the above mentioned start button mod on order, Klipsch sub ready, unopened RUSH pop figure set (I like to add them on the top cab/ topper), and already in line for the topper and shooter knob. Thank you GAP for coming through yet again for me![quoted image]

I like them all but love the Pro & Le. I agree about the expression lighting, no way my Zep LE would be the same game without. I sure hope they won’t be in short supply, I called around and distributors don’t seem to be allowed to take orders for them yet? Both the pro and premium have cutouts on the side of the game to fit them.. can you even put a regular side blade over it? There are screw holes I think without them there I’m guessing would have to he thicker material or a mirror blade. I can only imagine it’s in their plans are to sell a ton of them and would be silly not to, but then again.. I’m still waiting on my Zep Topper. Gee whiz.

#2156 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I really like all 3 art packages - can’t go wrong w any of them. I decided to go the LE route cause it was my favorite of the 3, I like the extra mechanics/features for the Prem/LE, and I have a strong feeling the expression lighting and side rails are going to be in short supply given the huge demand for this game. After owning a LZ premium for almost a year now, I couldn’t imagine playing RUSH without the expression system. Love the way it looks and interacts.
Got my coin door magnet and the above mentioned start button mod on order, Klipsch sub ready, unopened RUSH pop figure set (I like to add them on the top cab/ topper), and already in line for the topper and shooter knob. Thank you GAP for coming through yet again for me![quoted image]

What magnet did you buy?

#2157 2 years ago

Just hoping I can keep a ball alive long enough to get to The Temples of Syrinx

#2158 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What magnet did you buy?

Not much supply out there for RUSH - went with this one for the coin door - gonna clash but not many options out there that I saw
CEC0CEE3-C6C7-4A24-AEC5-52FB49DE1253 (resized).pngCEC0CEE3-C6C7-4A24-AEC5-52FB49DE1253 (resized).png

#2159 2 years ago

does anyone have a link to hi-res images for all 3 models?

#2160 2 years ago

I know several video reviews had asked if there was a target when the ramp is down on the prem./LE…. In this pic, it looks like there is a target to me. Thoughts?

1EBBD01B-6931-40AA-8984-E176931085A7 (resized).jpeg1EBBD01B-6931-40AA-8984-E176931085A7 (resized).jpeg
#2161 2 years ago

anyone know what happens when the time machine ramp is down and you hit the target? thnx

#2162 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Not much supply out there for RUSH - went with this one for the coin door - gonna clash but not many options out there that I saw
[quoted image]

I was thinkin bout this one

Screenshot_20220106-200521_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220106-200521_eBay (resized).jpg
#2163 2 years ago

This is a decal, but holographic

Screenshot_20220106-200735_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220106-200735_eBay (resized).jpg
#2164 2 years ago

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but they've nicely integrated the IC scanner into the apron art for the PreLe -particularly on the LE. Did they do this on GZLE?

newic (resized).jpgnewic (resized).jpgnewic pre (resized).jpgnewic pre (resized).jpg
#2165 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

anyone know what happens when the time machine ramp is down and you hit the target? thnx

Im guessing you need to hit that shot to activate the ramp at some point

#2166 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Ok.. you are talking about the greatest here so I like them all but good point about Copeland, all one has to do is listen to early Police and no questions he’s right there with them.

Don’t sleep on Ginger Baker either. Watch “Beware of Mr. Baker” and hear what Neil himself has to say about JB’s drumming. Peace

#2167 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I know several video reviews had asked if there was a target when the ramp is down on the prem./LE…. In this pic, it looks like there is a target to me. Thoughts?
[quoted image]

Unfortunately I dont think so - looks like opto's register the shot and it just hits a bit of metal. That's a bit of a disappointment for sure - would have been more satisfying if they had a target for sure.

time (resized).jpgtime (resized).jpg
#2168 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but they've nicely integrated the IC scanner into the apron art for the PreLe -particularly on the LE. Did they do this on GZLE?[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that's so much better than what they did to gz. They must be reading pinside

#2169 2 years ago

Just noticed Jack's setup had yellow flipper bats. Hoping that's just a quick Rush job (lol) to get it ready for the stream because white goes much better with the art imo.

#2170 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Unfortunately I dont think so - looks like opto's register the shot and it just hits a bit of metal. That's a bit of a disappointment for sure - would have been more satisfying if they had a target for sure.[quoted image]

27CC8E05-CBE5-4D8C-BB24-468A14817EFE (resized).jpeg27CC8E05-CBE5-4D8C-BB24-468A14817EFE (resized).jpeg
#2171 2 years ago

Just put a spongy brain or brain target there to increase the theme integration beyond "stainless steel plate." Hit the brain enough times to enable time machine and dementia onset.

hemispheres-shot.jpghemispheres-shot.jpg
#2172 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Unfortunately I dont think so - looks like opto's register the shot and it just hits a bit of metal. That's a bit of a disappointment for sure - would have been more satisfying if they had a target for sure.[quoted image]

Low hanging modder fodder!

#2173 2 years ago

The right side of the game needs a little more stuff to balance it out ... inspiration struck so I worked up this hydrant mod, to replace the flasher bulb dome at the S-curve in the ramp. Shown here on my X-Files so I could test it out:

splash_hydrant (resized).jpgsplash_hydrant (resized).jpg

#2174 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just put a spongy brain or brain target there to increase the theme integration beyond "stainless steel plate." Hit the brain enough times to enable time machine and dementia onset.
[quoted image]

I think what's best there is a target with the face of Robert Mueler ! You would sell thousands !

#2175 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Unfortunately I dont think so - looks like opto's register the shot and it just hits a bit of metal. That's a bit of a disappointment for sure - would have been more satisfying if they had a target for sure.

The pinball news article said this...

There is a fixed ramp leading into the Time Machine. On the upper two models the ramp is motorised with an additional target below which can be accessed when the ramp is lowered.

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2022/01/04/rush-pinball-revealed/

#2176 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

There is a fixed ramp leading into the Time Machine. On the upper two models the ramp is motorised with an additional target below which can be accessed when the ramp is lowered.

I hope this is true. Would be awesome.

#2177 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Nice find .Could it be a stainless steel push button device somewhat like you would see on a hand drier ?

#2178 2 years ago

I had a fellow Hoosier surprise me with a generous deal for a LE .He said he was “paying it forward”.I’ve lived my life that way and will continue doing the same .Ive met so many solid people in this hobby the last 2 years it’s an incredible thing .I am outside my body right now looking down on a very lucky man !! Thank You Bouche03, I’ll never forget this

#2179 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I had a fellow Hoosier surprise me with a generous deal for a LE .He said he was “paying it forward”.I’ve lived my life that way and will continue doing the same .Ive met so many solid people in this hobby the last 2 years it’s an incredible thing .I am outside my body right now looking down on a very lucky man !! Thank You Bouche03, I’ll never forget this

Congrats Kklos24 glad to see you found one!

#2180 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Nice find .Could it be a stainless steel push button device somewhat like you would see on a hand drier ?

I'm almost certain it's a wider stand up target with an aluminum covered outside shell that functions just like a regular target to trigger the ramp.. someone can easily make a rectangular cushioned decal for it with any image they'd like if desired.

#2181 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I had a fellow Hoosier surprise me

I've never seen hoser spelled like that.

#2182 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Congrats Kklos24 glad to see you found one!

Thanks my friend .I’m besides myself

#2183 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've never seen hoser spelled like that.

Lmao !! Hoosier ,Hoser ….We’re all 1

#2184 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

I'm almost certain it's a wider stand up target with an aluminum covered outside shell that functions just like a regular target to trigger the ramp.. someone can easily make a rectangular cushioned decal for it with any image they'd like if desired.

Sounds correct .Just might not have room for the cusion .

#2185 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Sounds correct .Just might not have room for the cusion .

It could even be static depending on how it was designed, ie. steel ball touches metal and triggers the ramp, it's one of the two.

#2186 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

The right side of the game needs a little more stuff to balance it out ... inspiration struck so I worked up this hydrant mod, to replace the flasher bulb dome at the S-curve in the ramp. Shown here on my X-Files so I could test it out:

[quoted image]

This is an awesome mod. Really cool homage to Signals.. sold.

#2187 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

That would be cool….nice find.

Hopefully we’ll see more on Dead Flip’s stream.

#2188 2 years ago

I am sensing a lot of love in this thread. True Rush fans unite. I am hoping it continues to be positive after Jack’s stream. I am psyched like all of you. Can’t wait to see this game played.

#2189 2 years ago

Got an email with an offer for an LE at 16k. Very disappointing to see. I promptly turned it down.

#2190 2 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Amazingly, I've been in contact with him. He had said he has caught a cold and will not be attending.

You will be missed, John.
Feel better soon, and THANKS!!

#2191 2 years ago
Quoted from DwightEisenhower:

Got an email with an offer for an LE at 16k. Very disappointing to see. I promptly turned it down.

The "shit show" surrounding LE's is disappointing. For me, the bigger disappointment is the shortage of Premium's being built as Stern focuses more on Pro's/LE's.

#2192 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Hell yeah! Glad to hear this!

#2193 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The "shit show" surrounding LE's is disappointing. For me, the bigger disappointment is the shortage of Premium's being built as Stern focuses more on Pro's/LE's.

Agreed - I think for the foreseeable future the Premium is going to be a rare beast. With LE’s increased to 1000, sprinkled with the odd Super LE/Special Edition, and of course the Pro’s for location, there won’t be much time on the line for Premiums before it’s on to the next new title.

#2194 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

[quoted image]

I think I need a mod like this - well done!!

#2195 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

This drummer thinks Peart is without question the greatest rock drummer that's walked the planet. Yep, I like Bonham, but rubbish that some think he's better than Neil. No way.

Absolutely no one could replace Neil!

But “gun to head” I’d pick Gavin Harrison as the one who could best fill in for him.

#2196 2 years ago

Died 2 years ago today. ❤️ RIP

FB_IMG_1641562880605 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1641562880605 (resized).jpg

#2197 2 years ago

I keep expecting to see the usual five competing "official Rush pinball owners club" threads popping up. There needs to be at least one now that it is announced and being sold.

#2198 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I keep expecting to see the usual five competing "official Rush pinball owners club" threads popping up. There needs to be at least one now that it is announced and being sold.

I think this is it.

#2199 2 years ago

Started one here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club#post-6699493

Still trying to think of an innovative title.

#2200 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

I think this is it.

Can we just keep this one going? Lots of good stories, vibes and info.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.