20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 89.
#2052 4 months ago
Quoted from Av8:

Jack stream tomorrow night!!

Really looking forward to this

Popcorn and Rush beer ready to go!

#2053 4 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Really looking forward to this
Popcorn and Rush beer ready to go!

Not fair!!! We still cant get the Rush beer in the states (I hear March maybe).
Have a two-four for us, eh!

#2054 4 months ago
Quoted from Analogkid:

Not fair!!! We still cant get the Rush beer in the states (I hear March maybe).
Have a two-four for us, eh!

Love Rush but trust me your not missing much with the beer lol. Branding looks great but the contents are more of a PBR.

#2055 4 months ago

So .. 15 days into this thread and we're over 2k posts. I'd say that makes a statement in itself that Rush is kind of a big deal.

#2056 4 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I keep seeing post on Pinside saying that Rush resembles so many other past pinball machines. I just got into the hobby last year and think this is a great Pin. I don't care if it was a carbon copy of X-Men, LOTR, or TMNT. Fun is Fun. It's like complaining that a board game is square like other board games and the pieces move around it. lol. I am really looking forward to my Premium. I just don't know if I should go Pinstadium or Expression lighting?

I have Pinstadium on one of my other pins, and it's great ... but for my RUSH Prem, I ordered it with the Expression lighting thinking it'll be more closely tied in with gameplay and callouts than the Pinstadium will/could be

#2057 4 months ago

just confirmed my LE with my distributor and the number that I'm getting. let's just say that I'm pleased as punch and that my distributor is the best!

#2058 4 months ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Jack is streaming tomorrow night at 6pm CST

Looking forward to this!
Hopefully they have the music cranked up to 11.

#2059 4 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Love Rush but trust me your not missing much with the beer lol. Branding looks great but the contents are more of a PBR.

It's typical craft beer. Not really my thing but for the occasion, I will definitely have one.

#2060 4 months ago

Enjoy the beer. For sure, I'm down for a large cup of straight up black coffee on day 1 of this pin.

Cranking up this one starting the day, haven't heard it through in a while.. Geddy's bass solo at around 3:00? I'm looking at a special sub now for this game instead of the usual!

#2061 4 months ago

I really hope that everyone who watches Jack's stream tomorrow remembers that it was exactly two years ago, January 7th, 2020, that the world lost Neil Peart. He was truly one of the top 3 or 4 drummers who ever lived (I think he was #1) and, he was a wonderful, intelligent, deep-thinking, loving, genius who gave everything had to this wonderful art we call music. I'm not sure if Stern even realizes that they are showing gameplay on the anniversary of his passing, or maybe it was on purpose. All I know is that, as a Rush fan, this event will be a wonderful tribute to his life.

I would love if Tim Sexton hid an Easter Egg in the game for every January 7th. That would be so cool.

R.I.P. Professor. We miss you.
GettyImages-1199870671_411811 (resized).pngGetty_NealPeart630_010721 (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2062 4 months ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

I'm looking at a special sub now for this game instead of the usual!

Find yourself a BassTech 7 servodrive unit on ebay and be done with it.

#2063 4 months ago

Maybe Geddy or Alex will call in/ vid in.

#2064 4 months ago

If anyone is looking for an LE let me know!

#2065 4 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

Well, for starters, Pinside can refuse to post any machine over msrp for "x" amount of years, say 2 years! That would make it difficult for the flippers.

terrible idea. you have to add taxes and shipping to many MSRP orders, so if guys have games and can't at least break even then that's stupid.

#2066 4 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Find yourself a BassTech 7 servodrive unit on ebay and be done with it.

Damn.. that’ll do it & cover Neil’s drums too

#2067 4 months ago

I’m still a bit in shock about this. Honestly I never expected to ever see a Rush pinball machine go into production.

I was also a bit crushed on the timing since I’m expecting to get my JJP GNRLE this month (fingers crossed) after months and months of waiting and am not willing to give that up even though Rush is my grail theme. My wife knows that I’m a huge Rush fan and said that I have to get one.
If I didn’t have the GNR coming I would have probably tried to get an LE, which seems crazy to say about a machine I’ve never even seen being played let alone touched. So I’ve got my name down for a Pro. I generally dislike the Pros because they are usually so lacking, but in this case seems actually pretty decent and just couldn’t make the extra $ work for the other models. Love the back glass art on it and actually I think I like the cabinet art over the Premium, but I rarely look at the cabinet art anyway.

I’ve always wanted the experience of having a NIB machine and here I am, about to have two and it looks like both within the next couple months.

#2068 4 months ago
Quoted from Dobler:

I’m still a bit in shock about this. Honestly I never expected to ever see a Rush pinball machine go into production.
I was also a bit crushed on the timing since I’m expecting to get my JJP GNRLE this month (fingers crossed) after months and months of waiting and am not willing to give that up even though Rush is my grail theme. My wife knows that I’m a huge Rush fan and said that I have to get one.
If I didn’t have the GNR coming I would have probably tried to get an LE, which seems crazy to say about a machine I’ve never even seen being played let alone touched. So I’ve got my name down for a Pro. I generally dislike the Pros because they are usually so lacking, but in this case seems actually pretty decent and just couldn’t make the extra $ work for the other models. Love the back glass art on it and actually I think I like the cabinet art over the Premium, but I rarely look at the cabinet art anyway.
I’ve always wanted the experience of having a NIB machine and here I am, about to have two and it looks like both within the next couple months.

Good decision. Coming from someone who has a GNR LE in their collection and a CE, SLE, etc, which are great games too, I’ve just learned through experience to look at games when they come out and really pick them apart, being sure I’m not getting ripped off and getting the best bang for my buck. I’m down for a Pro this time, super easy decision. Ever since I seen that crazy Elvira CE pin come out? That was the straw that broke the camel’s back for me.. just a pure over the top cash grab. Very happy about the Pro on this one and the other cool thing is that you’ll receive it quickly too. One good thing I will say that’s still great about Stern is that they build games pretty quickly. Congrats!

#2069 4 months ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Good decision. Coming from someone who has a GNR LE in their collection and a CE, SLE, etc, which are great games too, I’ve just learned through experience to look at games when they come out and really pick them apart, being sure I’m not getting ripped off and getting the best bang for my buck. I’m down for a Pro this time, super easy decision. Ever since I seen that crazy Elvira CE pin come out? That was the straw that broke the camel’s back for me.. just a pure over the top cash grab. Very happy about the Pro on this one and the other cool thing is that you’ll receive it quickly too. One good thing I will say that’s still great about Stern is that they build games pretty quickly. Congrats!

So your getting a Pro then? lol sorry wasn't sure yet. JK

#2070 4 months ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I really hope that everyone who watches Jack's stream tomorrow remembers that it was exactly two years ago, January 7th, 2020, that the world lost Neil Peart. He was truly one of the top 3 or 4 drummers who ever lived (I think he was #1) and, he was a wonderful, intelligent, deep-thinking, loving, genius who gave everything had to this wonderful art we call music. I'm not sure if Stern even realizes that they are showing gameplay on the anniversary of his passing, or maybe it was on purpose. All I know is that, as a Rush fan, this event will be a wonderful tribute to his life.
I would love if Tim Sexton hid an Easter Egg in the game for every January 7th. That would be so cool.
R.I.P. Professor. We miss you.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This drummer thinks Peart is without question the greatest rock drummer that's walked the planet. Yep, I like Bonham, but rubbish that some think he's better than Neil. No way.

#2071 4 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

So your getting a Pro then? lol sorry wasn't sure yet. JK

Haha.. you think? And Congrats on the LE if you’re getting one. Maybe make some cool mods for it? you know I’ll be buying them.

#2072 4 months ago

I am excited for the release of this Pin. I have been searching around the web for different things RUSH. I stumbled accross this Rush Album Cover Puzzle. It took me almost 16 minutes. It was fun! Thought I would share

https://www.jigidi.com/jigsaw-puzzle/ehzjdq39/rush-album-covers/

Just make sure you have 15 minutes!

rush puzzle (resized).jpg
#2073 4 months ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

This drummer thinks Peart is without question the greatest rock drummer that's walked the planet. Yep, I like Bonham, but rubbish that some think he's better than Neil. No way.

Another drummer here. Agreed Bonham not even that close to Peart in terms of ability and skill. Keith Moon however is in the conversation. I still think Peart was better than him though.

#2074 4 months ago
Quoted from freakandgeek:

Another drummer here. Agreed Bonham not even that close to Peart in terms of ability and skill. Keith Moon however is in the conversation. I still think Peart was better than him though.

Moon could probably do more drugs than all the other "elite" drummers but I never got what people loved about him. Just all over the place. Didn't help that I wasn't a huge Who fan music wise I'm sure. I prefer Stewart Copeland over Moon and Bonham actually.

#2075 4 months ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Moon could probably do more drugs than all the other "elite" drummers but I never got what people loved about him. Just all over the place. Didn't help that I wasn't a huge Who fan music wise I'm sure. I prefer Stewart Copeland over Moon and Bonham actually.

Ok.. you are talking about the greatest here so I like them all but good point about Copeland, all one has to do is listen to early Police and no questions he’s right there with them.

#2076 4 months ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Haha.. you think? And Congrats on the LE if you’re getting one. Maybe make some cool mods for it? you know I’ll be buying them.

Was just playing you made the choice for You and thats all that matters! Did get in on an LE as this is a band I always enjoyed as a kid. Luckily if I have any issues John Borg is my neighbor so I can just knock on his door if anything goes wrong lol. Will say as I don't think he would mind me sharing, he REALLY put everything he had into this game (which he usually does) as a huge fan and Does see this thread. Like most artists he was a bit nervous if his vision and creation would live up to the expectations of Pinside but was Very happy to see the responses so far. I personally couldn't ask for more then he has put into this dream band game and we hope to add our personal touch of creation on it with his blessing.

#2077 4 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Was just playing you made the choice for You and thats all that matters! Did get in on an LE as this is a band I always enjoyed as a kid. Luckily if I have any issues John Borg is my neighbor so I can just knock on his door if anything goes wrong lol. Will say as I don't think he would mind me sharing, he REALLY put everything he had into this game (which he usually does) as a huge fan and Does see this thread. Like most artists he was a bit nervous if his vision and creation would live up to the expectations of Pinside but was Very happy to see the responses so far. I personally couldn't ask for more then he has put into this dream band game and we hope to add our personal touch of creation on it with his blessing.

Awesome. Touché. Please say hi to the Borg for me and let him know I did buy this one & his Aerosmith LE, that was a tougher choice for me between the pro & le because of the extra playfield but still couldn’t go wrong either way with that one! I think Borg & Gomez are my favorite designers. Be blessed.

#2078 4 months ago

Do we know which model Jack is streaming tomorrow? Hopefully premium/le. I actually lucked into an LE on this one. Ive never cracked that LE list ever than suddenly got on.

#2079 4 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Tron was one of my two absolute dream themes - (and was responsible for my current pinball addiction). I met John Borg at expo and discussed it numerous times and he's always so kind and cool and will take the time to really answer your questions and give you insights. When my 2nd dream theme of Rush came up- and I found out he was responsible for this one as well- I couldn't have been more excited. Well....when I get my LE I imagine I'll be a bit more excited. Pass along my (our) thanks!!!

#2080 4 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Do we know which model Jack is streaming tomorrow? Hopefully premium/le. I actually lucked into an LE on this one. Ive never cracked that LE list ever than suddenly got on.

Hopped onto his stream briefly the other night and heard him mention the plan was to stream a Premium model w/ Expression light kit. Hope the plan doesn't change.

I also hope it is a Keith Elwin style stream - just play the game and explain bits of rules as you go along - rather than a Dwight Sullivan stream - where you take off the glass and spend 45 minutes going over rules minutia and bore the audience to tears.

#2081 4 months ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Where does Alex Van Halen land on your list? My wife and daughter met him last year when his wife stabled her horse next to theirs.

#2082 4 months ago

I copied the below from TWIP. How flipping awesome to have 3 challenge modes. So cool that each is tied to a long track:

There are three Challenge Modes and Mini-Wizard Multiball Modes:

Cygnus X-1: Book One: The Voyage
Cygnus X-1: Book Two: Hemispheres

#2083 4 months ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Agreed! Both drummers were at the pinnacle of their craft and Bonham is a great, iconic drummer. But not as creative or as technically proficient as Peart. Peart was far more of a percussionist as well using a much wider variety of instruments such as electronic drums, sampling, wood blocks, chimes, xylophones and bells. Plus Peart's lyric's are pretty darn good.

#2084 4 months ago
Quoted from Budman:

Where does Alex Van Halen land on your list? My wife and daughter met him last year when his wife stabled her horse next to theirs.

Huge VH fan here BUT I was never a fan of the drumming or bass playing.

#2085 4 months ago
Quoted from Budman:

I had to read that three times. The first two times I thought you said “stabbed” and thought wow this got dark fast.

#2086 4 months ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Hopped onto his stream briefly the other night and heard him mention the plan was to stream a Premium model w/ Expression light kit. Hope the plan doesn't change.
I also hope it is a Keith Elwin style stream - just play the game and explain bits of rules as you go along - rather than a Dwight Sullivan stream - where you take off the glass and spend 45 minutes going over rules minutia and bore the audience to tears.

I hope whomever is doing the forecasting at Stern understands how many expression lighting units will need to be ordered with this release? Between the pro & the premium buyers and purposely limiting the le’s, that’s a lot of kits. Will they be able to meet the demand? Or will everything be sold out again like most everything for months?

#2087 4 months ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

I hope whomever is doing the forecasting at Stern understands how many expression lighting units will need to be ordered with this release? Between the pro & the premium buyers and purposely limiting the le’s, that’s a lot of kits. Will they be able to meet the demand? Or will everything be sold out again like most everything for months?

If you are getting a Pro or Premium and want the Expression Lighting kit, I'd order one NOW from your distributor.

#2088 4 months ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

If you are getting a Pro or Premium and want the Expression Lighting kit, I'd order one NOW from your distributor.

Can someone please recommend to me a good distributor? I want to deal with someone who is good but doesn’t already have too much business where they don’t return your phone call. Thanks

#2089 4 months ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

I'm betting they are Counting on it at $500 each lol.

#2090 4 months ago
Quoted from bouche03:

If anyone is looking for an LE let me know!

PM sent

#2091 4 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Can you do a few more le schemes? Maybe some diff purple shades? Thanks!

I'm digging the yellow on the LE.
When mine comes in, I'm hooking up a subwoofer, playing a few games, then will apart the playfield and replace all that tired ass black rubber replacing it with modern clear silicone for the rings. Haven't decided on what color posts and flipper rubber I'm going to go with yet though. Will know better once it is in front of me.

#2092 4 months ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Can someone please recommend to me a good distributor? I want to deal with someone who is good but doesn’t already have too much business where they don’t return your phone call. Thanks

A couple weeks ago I asked the same question and was directed to Jason at classicgamerooms.com. He got me on the list for an LE (no markup above the MSRP)- super responsive to emails - so far has been awesome to deal with.

#2093 4 months ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

I'm digging the yellow on the LE.
When mine comes in, I'm hooking up a subwoofer, playing a few games, then will apart the playfield and replace all that tired ass black rubber replacing it with modern clear silicone for the rings. Haven't decided on what color posts and flipper rubber I'm going to go with yet though. Will know better once it is in front of me.

I've got pinwoofers here tmrw, speakerights on the way, and translucent rubber for the game. Flipper bands msybe blue or purple? Like you, needs to be on front of us to see. I'd like a lighter shade of purple for powdercoat

#2094 4 months ago

JJ found me one!
He's the damn best!

#2095 4 months ago

My distributor has told me he doesn’t have them (expression lighting) and that stern hasn’t told him when they will be available. Can anybody verify?

#2096 4 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

My distributor has told me he doesn’t have them and that stern hasn’t told him when they will be available. Can anybody verify?

Pro or premium? LE's are sold out for the most part.

#2097 4 months ago

Before JJ texted me today, I was in with a Pinsider who was just going to charge me retail, but now I don't have to drive 4 hours to pick it up.
There ARE good people here still.

#2098 4 months ago

Curious to see how the Time Machine feels to shoot when it's in the down position. Seems like it isn't super satisfying to hit. May actually be an area where I prefer the pro.

#2099 4 months ago

I posted during the rumor stages I was looking for an LE. Struck out with all the distributors I reached out to. If anyone has the inside track on one, I'm in without hesitation.

#2100 4 months ago

Confession time. Sometimes people make bad choices and it’s time to make it right. I bought a second LE thinking I was going to flip it and make some quick cash. I guess I got caught up in the moment. After the dust settled and people who are bigger fans than I weren’t able to get one I thought about how I would feel if my dream pin was bought up and flipped. I took my posting down and have a guy who wants to buy my game for exactly what I paid which was msrp plus stupid CO sales tax.
Apologies to the good pinball lovers. I love this hobby and although it’s getting out of hand with prices, I shouldn’t be part of the problem.

My bad and lesson learned

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 189.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 7.95
$ 16.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!