20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 89.
#2001 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

The Band is another, er, band that I’d wager most Australians don’t understand. The Grateful Dead is another

Holy shit! I’m Australian!

#2002 2 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Been delivering GNR everywhere and i ask people what they want in Australia next and answer is always Godzilla and Toy Story. I mention Rush and always same blank stare.

In a way I'm a bit jealous of these people, and many here know exactly why.... Think how awesome it would be to discover something as great as Rush's music because you also love pinball? Now, for the first time?

I want a montage of interview and gameplay reaction clips from around Australia as arcade visitors go from clueless/neutral/dismissive to as droolingly fanboy as "Rush in Rio audience member" over a few months of arcade visits.

"This music really works great with pinball. What's up with that guy's voice? Is the drummer a metronomic octopus? The riffs are so jammin' and so precise. Hook city! Such tasty solos. Did I mention this music really works great with pinball? And yanno, the words in that last song kinda make ya think. Actually, I want to hear that one again..."

During the credits we get the final stats for each interviewee: number of games played, song chosen most often, date and title of first Rush album bought, high score. We see the 14 year old who initially sneered at grandpa rock recording his Rush vodcast wearing Rush hat and tee with Rush poster wallpaper in the room, etc.

#2003 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

You guys talking about stealing Rush lyrics for English class reminds me of one of my buddies using Red Barchetta for his paper. The teacher read it in class. He turned beat red while us Rush nerds howled.

Confession time. Same exact thing happened w/ me and Judas Priest's “The Sentinel”. Teacher loved it.

I was quite the metal head in high school but Rush was my favorite band.

#2004 2 years ago

There will be more Rush fans in the world as a result of this machine. The 6 Australians who play pinball will become fans.

#2005 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

BallyKISS1978
Be Careful what you ask for !!!
I'll also going to guess you don't have your Halloween-CE in hand yet ?!?
spooky's Customer Service USED to be AWESOME (AMH and RZSSI)!!
I haven't gotten ANY support on the couple of very minor issues we've had with ACNC and almost no support for the multitude of serious issues on RnM ???

You should head over to the RnM owner's thread and post your issues. I am sure we can help you out and if not, can at least get some attention to whatever problems you have. Spooky CS has been great for me. Are you calling them or just emailing?

#2006 2 years ago
Quoted from bane:

The Band is exponentially better than Rush. Discuss among yourselves.
[quoted image]

#2007 2 years ago
Quoted from bane:

The Band is exponentially better than Rush. Discuss among yourselves.
[quoted image]

I can only assume you were hungry for downvotes posting this inanity in a Rush thread. The Band was a great group but totally different from Rush. Musicianship-wise, you'd have a tough argument. Rush could've used The Weight or The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down as warmup songs at rehearsal.

#2008 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ha....cant beleive in all these years I had no idea Ed Robertson was MapleSyrup .
As a typical Australian who was somehow lobotomised of all Rush knowledge for my 49 years on Earth, I am completely blown away at the status of this band and the passion of Rush fans.
It's a bit weird, but one of the things I like about buying and owning modern pinball is exploring a theme I'm not overly familiar with through a new pinball machine. It's probably against the grain a bit as most people buy because they love and know a theme. I'll often buy because I DONT know the theme and use my journey with the game to learn and hopefully love the theme. It's a double bonus - you get to learn a new game AND a new theme at the same time.
Anyway, Rush is probably the most unknown (to me) of all themes recently released. At the same time, I dont think I've seen so much true passion for a theme in all my time in pinball. Not just nostalgia, which is usually most of the hype on Pinside, but true passion. Some of you guys talking about seeing Rush live ofer 20 times!!!!
And it's easy to see that passion has gone into the making of this game. Just Ed Robertsons involvement alone - a true pinhead (as collector AND player), a huge Rush tragic, friends with the band, established musician. Full credit to Stern for involving Ed heavily in the developement from the word go.
So with all that said, Ive put my name down for a Rush LE! Havent had confirmation yet - but likely I'll be the only one on the list ( ). I do feel bad for all you guys strugling to find one over there. When i'm forced to sell at a loss because no one here knows who the f*ck Rush is, maybe one of you can buy it cheap an ship it back.

Congrats on the LE - It's sad Rush never did much in Australia. I suspect the lack of touring there in the 70's and 80's didn't help.

You are right about the passion for Rush.. this just happened and Rush is not a band that tours anymore.

#2009 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Haha.. well, I agree with you for the most part about the game and I like Ozzy too but really do like the all of the art and faces as well! You can see from the photo’s here where the artist may have borrowed from and to me it looks like he cleaned them up real nice! These 2 original pics are pretty iconic, but maybe not so flattering, It’s like he made them look super cool instead of smiling or goofing around if they were going to be immortalized onto the game. Neil was super badass in the 70’s with the stash.. he looked like a Mage.. in the 80’s he was super fit Mr. Clean cut so the artist could’ve went a lot of directions, glad he chose this one.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This picture is what draws me to the pro - One of my favorite Rush images!

aaaaarushtimestandstill (resized).jpgaaaaarushtimestandstill (resized).jpg
#2010 2 years ago

Tomorrow is the anniversary of Neils passing. I wonder if he knew about a future machine being made to honor the band? Thank you Stern for making this happen!

#2011 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Tomorrow is the anniversary of Neils passing. I wonder if he knew about a future machine being made to honor the band? Thank you Stern for making this happen!

And thank you also Ed Robertson for taking this on as Creative Director for the game!

#2012 2 years ago

Anyone have any issues playing the stern insider podcasts?

I click play and nothing happens

#2013 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone have any issues playing the stern insider podcasts?
I click play and nothing happens

same issue

#2014 2 years ago

podcast working now!

#2015 2 years ago

This is such an amazing song...

#2016 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Are people moving the outlane posts tighter when a game is too hard? Any game can have its difficulty tweaked pretty easily. I've been bitching about Godzilla being such a brutal drainer...I need to take my own advice and tighten up those outlanes lol

I made the outlanes smaller on IMDN but it still kills me. I think having the outlanes above the slings makes a big difference, even with the pegs in you can still drain really easily.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2017 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

podcast working now!

Not working on my end yet. You do anything to get it going?

#2018 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

This is such an amazing song...

I will argue its a top 5 if not top 3 song. LOVE it!!!!

#2019 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, but now I have. I did 7 options. Let me know if there's one you wanted to see that I didn't do.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Would you mind doing a couple with a darker red and darker blue? Like to see how these might look. Thanks for the help!

#2020 2 years ago

How do folks think this will do on location where it’s usually hard to hear music/sounds from a pin because the volume is so low?

#2021 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ha....cant beleive in all these years I had no idea Ed Robertson was MapleSyrup .
As a typical Australian who was somehow lobotomised of all Rush knowledge for my 49 years on Earth, I am completely blown away at the status of this band and the passion of Rush fans.
It's a bit weird, but one of the things I like about buying and owning modern pinball is exploring a theme I'm not overly familiar with through a new pinball machine. It's probably against the grain a bit as most people buy because they love and know a theme. I'll often buy because I DONT know the theme and use my journey with the game to learn and hopefully love the theme. It's a double bonus - you get to learn a new game AND a new theme at the same time.
Anyway, Rush is probably the most unknown (to me) of all themes recently released. At the same time, I dont think I've seen so much true passion for a theme in all my time in pinball. Not just nostalgia, which is usually most of the hype on Pinside, but true passion. Some of you guys talking about seeing Rush live ofer 20 times!!!!
And it's easy to see that passion has gone into the making of this game. Just Ed Robertsons involvement alone - a true pinhead (as collector AND player), a huge Rush tragic, friends with the band, established musician. Full credit to Stern for involving Ed heavily in the developement from the word go.
So with all that said, Ive put my name down for a Rush LE! Havent had confirmation yet - but likely I'll be the only one on the list ( ). I do feel bad for all you guys strugling to find one over there. When i'm forced to sell at a loss because no one here knows who the f*ck Rush is, maybe one of you can buy it cheap an ship it back.

Same happened to me with Ultraman

#2022 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

How do folks think this will do on location where it’s usually hard to hear music/sounds from a pin because the volume is so low?

Good game is a good game - should do well.

Same issue with all rock pins - hard to hear the music. Definitely better at home.

#2023 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I agree. Neil's lyrics are awesome too. It is pretty cool that Primus covered the entire album live on their recent tour.

#2024 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, but now I have. I did 7 options. Let me know if there's one you wanted to see that I didn't do.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can you do a few more le schemes? Maybe some diff purple shades? Thanks!

#2025 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I agree. Neil's lyrics are awesome too. It is pretty cool that Primus covered the entire album live on their recent tour.

I saw them on that tour. They did a good job. Tim Alexander was great in particular. He nailed those Peart drum parts.

I was also pretty impressed with their opener, Black Mountain. Never heard of them before, but I ended up buying a shirt.

#2026 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

And thank you also Ed Robertson for taking this on as Creative Director for the game!

here here. I cannot think of a more passionate person to take on the role and help coach the band. loving the fact that alex and geddy really seem to have wanted to delve deep into how things work to give it their all in the call-outs.

thanks ed

#2027 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not working on my end yet. You do anything to get it going?

I was having problems yesterday. Finally got it to play after logging out/logging in a couple different times. Also no way to go forward or back…when I finally got it to play again, I was about halfway through the interview the first time so I had to listen to it from the beginning again.

#2028 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Only gripe for me is the bands faces on the playfield.
Alex looks really good, not sure WTH happened to John and Jeff. Alex has a nice realistic/cartoon look and good shading, and his eyes look great.
Wish they did the faces like on LZ.

Who??

#2029 2 years ago

Possibly the other Rush, from Australia.

#2030 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Trying to keep this thread positive as it's just WAY, WAY too easy to troll and to condescend others from a keyboard, so why not just be cool to other people, ya know? Life is good!
It's all good! You stated, "it's nice to see a 3 flipper design from Borg" and I was just saying he did have one previously: TFTC!
I wasn't comparing the pins... at all, obviously, I never compared them. I was just stating he had a 3 flipper design previously! He might have others, I can't recall and would have to look through his list of games! Cheers to Borg, 3 flippers, Rush, and pinball in 2022! It's going to be great!

lol, it's all good. I wasn't that offended.

Unless you make me play TFTC, then we're gonna have real words! I honestly don't know Borg's entire history. What I do know is that the last 3 flipper game I remember from him was....Tron.......and we all know how that game ended up!

#2031 2 years ago

Everyone knows the 4th and 5th members of Rush- John and Jeff. Duh.

#2032 2 years ago

Here’s my Rush story.

Years ago, I managed the software team for a company that made smart-home products, including whole-house audio. One of these products used streaming services to send audio throughout the home, with individual keypads controlling the music in every room. You would use an app to select any streaming music you liked and send it to any location, or set up scenes and such, but the keypads also allowed local control.

The keypads had a favorite button you could use to save whatever was currently playing, so it could be selected later without requiring the app. Like a lot of software developers, I liked to hide easter eggs in my code. In this case, I hid a second favorite, chosen by double-tapping the favorite button. This favorite, however, was preset to Rush Radio – on tunein, since I had to use a service that didn’t require a subscription that the user might or might not have.

Finally, since I required code reviews for any software we developed, I had to get the code through the reviews. I hid the ascii strings for Rush Radio as hexadecimal strings and commented the actual operation as a built-in-self-test for manufacturing, describing that the manufacturing line would use this to test a specific operation. Any future developer would be reluctant to change anything that could affect the manufacturing process.

I don’t know if it was ever discovered, or even if the link continues to work today, but I know it was still active a few years after I left that company. My hope was always to meet one of the band at some consumer-electronics show, and get to actually demonstrate the easter egg. So as fantasies go, that’s got to be pretty high on the geek scale.

Anyway, I’m still a bit in shock that this machine is ACTUALLY BEING MADE – and even more excited about the involvement of Alex, Geddy and Ed. I was lucky enough to snag an LE from one of the 6 or so distributors that I had reservations with. Wife had said NO-MORE-PINBALL after I got burned for full price on the Heighway Alien machine, but she relented for this one. Great wife!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2033 2 years ago

So, I reached out to my local distributor on the 29th, prior to the launch, but after seeing this thread, Ive bought 5 pins off them, not too many, but Im not an unknown...and they told me it is unlikely I can secure a Rush LE because of demand. I then see someone posting an LE here for 14k, obviously flipping it - I think this behaviour should be strongly discouraged. There is very little wrong with pinball, but lately, we have seen this and THIS is wrong with pinball.

#2034 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

So, I reached out to my local distributor, Ive bought 5 pins of them, not too many, but Im not an unknown...and they told me it is unlikely I can secure a Rush LE because of demand. I then see someone posting an LE here for 14k, obviously flipping it - I think this behaviour should be strongly discouraged. There is very little wrong with pinball, but lately, we have seen this and THIS is wrong with pinball.

Sadly I'm seeing this happen in about every hobby of mine these days - not necessary "wrong with pinball", but wrong with people/greed.

#2035 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

So, I reached out to my local distributor, Ive bought 5 pins of them, not too many, but Im not an unknown...and they told me it is unlikely I can secure a Rush LE because of demand. I then see someone posting an LE here for 14k, obviously flipping it - I think this behaviour should be strongly discouraged. There is very little wrong with pinball, but lately, we have seen this and THIS is wrong with pinball.

Other than public shaming of the ones that do it, not much else can be done about it other than get on lists with multiple distributors before game comes out or get in tight with some collector friends that seem to find every LE that comes out. I guess in Canada your limited on distributors.

#2036 2 years ago

I've been a huge Rush fan for 45 years. I would LOVE to get an LE but I refuse to pay over MSRP.

Quoted from manadams:

Other than public shaming of the ones that do it, not much else can be done about it

Anyone paying these prices is part of the problem. If the flippers start getting stuck with pins that they were trying to flip for profit then the problem will start to fix itself. Goes for every industry - ticket scalping, etc.

#2037 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Other than public shaming of the ones that do it, not much else can be done about it other than get on lists with multiple distributors before game comes out or get in tight with some collector friends that seem to find every LE that comes out. I guess in Canada your limited on distributors.

People in general can refuse to pay those prices and let the flippers sit on that inventory. Just guessing but I think most of these people would start to sweat if they had to wait to turn a profit on a high-dollar machine for longer than 90 days. Barring a major downturn in the economy, that ain’t gonna happen. My guess is that we’re in a new normal for the pinball market…at least for another 2-3 years, and especially if the manufacturers keep cranking out awesomeness.

#2038 2 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

I've been a huge Rush fan for 45 years. I would LOVE to get an LE but I refuse to pay over MSRP.

Anyone paying these prices is part of the problem. If the flippers start getting stuck with pins that they were trying to flip for profit then the problem will start to fix itself. Goes for every industry - ticket scalping, etc.

Once again, what can be done about it other than shaming the ones that do it? Telling every pinhead to not pay over MSRP will just embolden the ones that do it routinely. We shouldn't be paying current MSRP prices but here we are because of demand and shortages.

#2039 2 years ago

I've been going through many youtube videos and documentary's the past few days on Rush and I think I saw the picture that the Playfield artwork of Neil 'may' have been derived from. Looked pretty much spot on to me - even the eyes. I know others are listing the artwork for Neil and Geddy as a negative, but No complaints here - I like the 70's cartoon vibe.

#2040 2 years ago

I keep seeing post on Pinside saying that Rush resembles so many other past pinball machines. I just got into the hobby last year and think this is a great Pin. I don't care if it was a carbon copy of X-Men, LOTR, or TMNT. Fun is Fun. It's like complaining that a board game is square like other board games and the pieces move around it. lol. I am really looking forward to my Premium. I just don't know if I should go Pinstadium or Expression lighting?

#2041 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Once again, what can be done about it other than shaming the ones that do it? Telling every pinhead to not pay over MSRP will just embolden the ones that do it routinely. We shouldn't be paying current MSRP prices but here we are because of demand and shortages.

Well, for starters, Pinside can refuse to post any machine over msrp for "x" amount of years, say 2 years! That would make it difficult for the flippers.

#2042 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

A Farewell to Kings is a great song.

But I think I may have a good 30 songs in my top 5.

#2043 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Well, for starters, Pinside can refuse to post any machine over msrp for "x" amount of years, say 2 years! That would make it difficult for the flippers.

In the current market this would eliminate pretty much all the ads for games made in the last 2 years sold by private parties.

#2044 2 years ago
Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

Most of the art looks good…
with the exception of the horrible cartoony depictions of the band.

Am I the only one who likes the look of the band on the playfield? I know it isn't perfectly accurate but that's art for you. I'm actually quite pleased with all 3 art packages and think the artist nailed it.

Quoted from BackFlipper:

The art looks correct on the left side and it is certainly mirrored. I wonder what happened in the flip???

Strange indeed. Hopefully it was caught and fixed between promotional photos and production games, kinda like that backward text on the Godzilla Pro translite.

Also, it's been a while since I've heard Subdivisions but damn is that a good song. I was never a huge Rush fan but always liked the songs I knew (a lot like Iron Maiden in that way) and (much like Maiden) I expect to really dig into their entire discography and find the deeper cuts too.

#2045 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Only gripe for me is the bands faces on the playfield.
Alex looks really good, not sure WTH happened to John and Jeff.

Same.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
#2046 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

So, I reached out to my local distributor on the 29th, prior to the launch, but after seeing this thread, Ive bought 5 pins off them, not too many, but Im not an unknown...and they told me it is unlikely I can secure a Rush LE because of demand. I then see someone posting an LE here for 14k, obviously flipping it - I think this behaviour should be strongly discouraged. There is very little wrong with pinball, but lately, we have seen this and THIS is wrong with pinball.

My dealer will not sell future LEs to flippers. I think this is an awesome practice.

The other problem with flipping $11,099 games for $14k even before we have seen one flip is it gives Stern the feeling they priced it too low.

We saw LE flipping years ago. We need another WWE LE to burn those flippers to the ground and trim them back.

#2047 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I keep seeing post on Pinside saying that Rush resembles so many other past pinball machines. I just got into the hobby last year and think this is a great Pin. I don't care if it was a carbon copy of X-Men, LOTR, or TMNT. Fun is Fun. It's like complaining that a board game is square like other board games and the pieces move around it. lol. I am really looking forward to my Premium. I just don't know if I should go Pinstadium or Expression lighting?

The expression lighting is a BILLION times better than Pinstadium- and it's tied into the gameplay (and doesn't block any of your view of the playfield, etc.).

#2048 2 years ago
Quoted from Analogkid:

The expression lighting is a BILLION times better than Pinstadium- and it's tied into the gameplay (and doesn't block any of your view of the playfield, etc.).

I have pinstadium on one machine and this is my issue with it. I feel like it narrows the Playfield. I really like the expression lighting.

#2049 2 years ago

Pro does look packed. Im in for LE.

Is there any live game play video out yet from CES ??

I have a mint GNR SE for sale in Florida FYI.

https://twitter.com/sternpinballinc/status/1478505380003127305?s=20

Jack stream tomorrow night!!

#2050 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Pro does look packed. Im in for LE.
Is there any live game play video out yet from CES or Jack Danger??
I have a mint GNR SE for sale in Florida FYI.

Jack is streaming tomorrow night at 6pm CST

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/41?hl=anony and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.