20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 89.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Fastway opened no shit ha

They were riding on their one song ‘say what you will’ which is actually not to hard to play for the ‘ above beginner’ guitarist. It was about the only song the crowd knew. That was in Columbus, Ohio at the Ohio Center.

Nice to see you again Gryszzz!

#102 2 years ago

Love Rush and all...but give me a GWAR Pin.

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

They were riding on their one song ‘say what you will’ which is actually not to hard to play for the ‘ above beginner’ guitarist. It was about the only song the crowd knew.

I remember going to the local music store back in the 80s and the salesman/instructor was demoing a guitar to someone w that song and playing it wrong. I showed him the right way to play it. He looked like he wanted to kill me. It was priceless. You can't buy entertainment like that.

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Eddie Van Halens #1 influence was Eric Clapton, and he could mop the floor with him.
Not taking sides on who the better bass player is, just saying your logic is flawed.

My logic in this example is not flawed....... I did not say this is the rule......Rush is my all-time favorite band.....Dave era Halen is #2. Everyone is influenced by someone and in some cases yes, the influencer gets surpassed. Not in this scenario. I agree Eddie wipes the floor with Eric Clapton, but others would disagree.

#105 2 years ago

Hope it has some sort of theme/quest besides standard music pin. If just music based like LZ I think it'll suck!

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

Hope it has some sort of theme/quest besides standard music pin. If just music based like LZ I think it'll suck!

Again, hoping for themeing based off of 2112, Hemispheres, or Farewell to the King and use full catalog as the soundtrack.

#107 2 years ago

Holding out for a RASH LE

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Holding out for a RASH LE

Rash Rocks !

#109 2 years ago

It’s going to be very interesting .We just got a Met Prem and might be throwing down blind .I said “I’ve learned my lesson” but it’s fing pinball go LARGE or go home !

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from grahamharley:

my Distro said december 28th reveal

I hope your wrong on this

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

They were riding on their one song ‘say what you will’ which is actually not to hard to play for the ‘ above beginner’ guitarist. It was about the only song the crowd knew. That was in Columbus, Ohio at the Ohio Center.

Nice to see you again Gryszzz!

Thanks dude!
Say What You Will is a a stone cold mf jam!

#112 2 years ago

It can't get here soon enough...my topper is almost finished!!!
FB4A77D2-B0D5-441B-8403-61250D169069 (resized).jpegFB4A77D2-B0D5-441B-8403-61250D169069 (resized).jpeg
51423417-CCC7-4895-9A91-94D3772303DE (resized).jpeg51423417-CCC7-4895-9A91-94D3772303DE (resized).jpeg

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That’s awesome! Syrinx!

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I heard it’s the same layout as Zeppelin.

It's not from what I heard, dont worry.

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I like John. He was at a game release party I was at and is very personable. I’m a long time Rush fan, and have a huge collection of Rush bootlegs. I am looking forward to this game. First Rush show I saw was Grace Under Pressure tour with Fastway as opening act.

Im just sh*t-stirring. They dont really suck. Just not a big band down here.

I had no interest at all in Aerosmith and ended up buying an LE and loved it. Sold it and now really want it back but of course theres only a few in the whole country.

Same could happen with Rush also.

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I heard it’s the same layout as Zeppelin.

Well, it is possible they have some extra molds lying around and will need to tear off the Icarus/Swan Song wings and reconfigure it to Rush's "naked guy" pose.

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Same could happen with Rush also.

Careful… they tend to grow on you.

#118 2 years ago

Last I heard, the Rush reveal is the 27th.

#119 2 years ago

Thursday the 23rd sounds perfect to me .

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That’s a fing masterpiece buddy!

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Last I heard, the Rush reveal is the 27th.

I certainly hope so, although they certainly missed yesterdays prime opportunity…..

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Absolutely AWESOME!

#123 2 years ago

If/when this Rush lifetime pin becomes a reality it will animate my vital signs using natural science to make my body electric. Then presto, I’m a new world “working” man on a mission.

Ill be workin them angels in my subdivision climbing Jacob’s ladder to get my scores in the limelight.

24CA37A3-35C3-4374-A36F-40D6E4FB7366 (resized).jpeg24CA37A3-35C3-4374-A36F-40D6E4FB7366 (resized).jpeg
#124 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Fastway opened no shit ha

Fastway opened for iron maiden at the Allentown fairgrounds a million years ago for maiden's piece of mind tour. My first concert

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Easy there.... Primus is considered progressive and may have the best bass player that ever lived....and already have a pinball machine!

Well, Geddy actually wrote the book of bass.

Book of Bass (resized).pngBook of Bass (resized).png

BoB Gibsons (resized).pngBoB Gibsons (resized).png

That said, I've been a Primus fan since buying "Sailing the Seas of Cheese" in '91.

Truth be told though, Jaco Pastorius edged them both. Just listen to Pat Metheny's debut album "Bright Size Life", Jaco's first solo album, or "Heavy Weather" from the following year with Weather Report.

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Well, Geddy actually wrote the book of bass.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
That said, I've been a Primus fan since buying "Sailing the Seas of Cheese" in '91.
Truth be told though, Jaco Pastorius edged them both. Just listen to Pat Metheny's debut album "Bright Size Life", Jaco's first solo album, or "Heavy Weather" from the following year with Weather Report.

Dirty pool, my man! Jaco wasn’t from this earth

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Topper could be a giant blood spray cannon.

#128 2 years ago

Wouldn't mind Working Man. They'd never use it, but Battle Scar would be amazing. You should check it out if you've never heard it. It's a song by a Canadian band named Max Webster, guest starring Rush. No disrespect to Max Webster, it's a Rush song. Any Rush fan would swear it is Rush. One Canadian band supporting another. Classic Geddy, Alex and Neil all over it. Great stuff.

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

First Rush show I saw was Grace Under Pressure tour with Fastway as opening act

Dave King (Flogging Molly) doesn't like it when people remember Fastway. Hahaha

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

LOL you ACTUALLY think Les Claypool is better than Geddy Lee? Laughable......Les, who is a GREAT bassist, couldn't hold Geddy's jock strap. Did you know that Les' #1 influence is Rush and Geddy Lee? Did you know that on Primus' last tour which ended a month ago, their entire 2nd set was a RUSH album all the way through? Yes you know lol......just poking fun at you. Look at the two bands catalogs.......again laughable. The Primus pinball machine sold like 300 units lol.......and was a colossal failure. Not taking anything away from Primus, but they are not in the same league as Rush, few bands if any are.

Relax dude. You are taking my comments way too seriously. I'm a fan of both bands. I saw Primus in NYC on the Rush tour and I have the pin (1 of a 100 that was commissioned by the band). I've also seen Rush live and will be in on this pin.

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

It would be such a hassle to have to take the glass off to clean up the fake blood after every game.

#132 2 years ago

Ummm ya I can't wait

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Ummm ya I can't wait

LMAO! That is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. Neil does a great job of staying in the pocket.

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

LMAO! That is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. Neil does a great job of staying in the pocket.

Painful people were eating this shit up though... how does this ever happen WTF they're supposed to be pro's I've heard better karaoke performances Neil was the only one that was keeping it together. Utterly embarrassing lmfao!!

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Painful people were eating this shit up though... how does this ever happen WTF they're supposed to be pro's I've heard better karaoke performances Neil was the only one that was keeping it together. Utterly embarrassing lmfao!!

It's not real bro.

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

It's not real bro.

Convincing!

#137 2 years ago

Look up "shreds" YouTube videos.

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from TheDarkKnight68:

Wouldn't mind Working Man. They'd never use it, but Battle Scar would be amazing. You should check it out if you've never heard it. It's a song by a Canadian band named Max Webster, guest starring Rush. No disrespect to Max Webster, it's a Rush song. Any Rush fan would swear it is Rush. One Canadian band supporting another. Classic Geddy, Alex and Neil all over it. Great stuff.

Max Webster was a very cool band - I remember picking up a "best of" cassette in a bargain bin once. I was shocked how many good songs were on it.

Kim Mitchell the lead singer has a couple of small hits like "go for a soda" which was used by MADD.

Kim also was a DJ on the MIGHTY Q107 in Toronto for many years. Q107 of course is the rock station that inspired Spirit of Radio.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#139 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

Look up "shreds" YouTube videos.

Hilarious

Thanks!! lol

#140 2 years ago

"The best three member progressive band ever!!"

They're certainly the best three member progressive band from Canada with a lead singer named Geddy ever! lol

I agree with you but ... if you get granular enough, everyone is the best at something.

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Relax dude. You are taking my comments way too seriously. I'm a fan of both bands. I saw Primus in NYC on the Rush tour and I have the pin (1 of a 100 that was commissioned by the band). I've also seen Rush live and will be in on this pin.

I am relaxed, thanks.......hence the poking fun at you comment. Congrats on your taste in music!

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

My logic in this example is not flawed....... I did not say this is the rule......Rush is my all-time favorite band.....Dave era Halen is #2. Everyone is influenced by someone and in some cases yes, the influencer gets surpassed. Not in this scenario. I agree Eddie wipes the floor with Eric Clapton, but others would disagree.

Right - what you said exactly was "Les, who is a GREAT bassist, couldn't hold Geddy's jock strap. Did you know that Les' #1 influence is Rush and Geddy Lee?"

Translated, that sounds like 8th grade algebra - "Since Les idolizes Geddy, he couldn't possibly be better than him..........."

So yes, your logic IS flawed. The pupil can indeed become the master. Whether that's the case here or not is irrelevant, it's the thought process I commented on.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

#143 2 years ago

Got my ticket to go see Primus playing A Farewell to Kings, how's that?

Rush doesn't strike me as having very pinbally artwork, so it seems to me like original art not tied to specific Rush visuals would be the better pick (a la Aerosmith for example)

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Got my ticket to go see Primus playing A Farewell to Kings, how's that?
Rush doesn't strike me as having very pinbally artwork, so it seems to me like original art not tied to specific Rush visuals would be the better pick (a la Aerosmith for example)

A 2112 theme would look awesome on a pin.

I wouldn't mind a humorous cartoon theme though - Geddy and Neil have a great sense of humor.

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Right - what you said exactly was "Les, who is a GREAT bassist, couldn't hold Geddy's jock strap. Did you know that Les' #1 influence is Rush and Geddy Lee?"
Translated, that sounds like 8th grade algebra - "Since Les idolizes Geddy, he couldn't possibly be better than him..........."
So yes, your logic IS flawed. The pupil can indeed become the master. Whether that's the case here or not is irrelevant, it's the thought process I commented on.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Thanks man....Merry Christmas!! Again....that is YOUR translation....it sounds like you need to be told you are right...you are right! LOL talk about 8th grade........no time for people like you.

#146 2 years ago

Album progression goal...impossible to play a fraction of rush songs and survive 3 balls. Top 5 songs should be carefully chosen.

#147 2 years ago

Rush could make a series of machines and sell all of them.
Please include the necromancer or lakeside park

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

Thanks man....Merry Christmas!! Again....that is YOUR translation....it sounds like you need to be told you are right...you are right! LOL talk about 8th grade........no time for people like you.

I quoted your exact words - so if that's not what you meant, what the hell did you mean?

Please, make time for someone like me....

#149 2 years ago

You guys should just take it to PM or drop it at this point. You might as well argue politics or religion for all the good it'll do you because you'll never see eye to eye on this. Opinions are like assholes - everybody's got one, and there are plenty of both on Pinside.

My beef with people is when they say "Rush sucks" or anything sucks for that matter. It's pretty ignorant IMO. You don't like it...great! That doesn't mean it sucks, and trying to make that argument makes you sound like you're in middle school.

#150 2 years ago

Max Webster was a very cool band -diamonds diamonds an excellent example..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/3?hl=bouche03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.