20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 89.
#1901 2 years ago

I was surprised by those naked scoops. Haven't all recent Sterns shipped with "Cliffy's"?

I'm extremely impressed with everything I've seen so far, and can't wait to see some actual gameplay! I do hope, though, that "just replace it with a dead-end stand-up target" doesn't become the designers' go-to. Dead-end shots are no fun, and this Pro has not one, but two features replaced with them.

The more I look at the models, the more I'm digging the simpler cabinet artwork of the Premium. I think I like its translite the best as well. And is this just a weird image artifact, or am I seeing too many strings on Geddy's bass on the Pro? Pretty sure I haven't started drinking yet, so that can't be it.

so-many-strings (resized).pngso-many-strings (resized).png
#1902 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

A friend of mine RebelGuitars posted a pic on FB with a mirrored TMNT and the new RUSH Layout.....
[quoted image]

Right, but I didn't include TMNT because it doesn't have the trademark X-Men/TRON pop bumper garden shoot through on the left or right. The pop bumpers are completely moved to the top of the PF.

#1903 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I wonder if it means this will play as fast/mean as TMNT

I hope it's a little easier. I love TMNT (and iirc you do too) but when you're a little off you're waaaaay off. Hoping Rush is a bit more forgiving since there are some long jams.

#1904 2 years ago

My wife just now: "NO MORE RUSH!"
Me:

whatsnew_ad48e774 (resized).jpgwhatsnew_ad48e774 (resized).jpg
#1905 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

I was surprised by those naked scoops. Haven't all recent Sterns shipped with "Cliffy's"?
I'm extremely impressed with everything I've seen so far, and can't wait to see some actual gameplay! I do hope, though, that "just replace it with a dead-end stand-up target" doesn't become the designers' go-to. Dead-end shots are no fun, and this Pro has not one, but two features replaced with them.
The more I look at the models, the more I'm digging the simpler cabinet artwork of the Premium. I think I like its translite the best as well. And is this just a weird image artifact, or am I seeing too many strings on Geddy's bass on the Pro? Pretty sure I haven't started drinking yet, so that can't be it.
[quoted image]

Looks like a 6 string bass to me only issue is it’s missing some of the tuning knobs on bottom of head stock.

Here is Geddy talking about his bass

"I have some 6-string basses at home," Geddy said, adding (transcribed by UG): "In fact, I have far too many six string basses. ... "My '62 Fender Jazz Bass is my favorite to play right now. I have just fallen in love with these basses from 1962.

#1906 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Oh Snap - too many string (6, should be 4), and too few tuning pegs (3, and their should be 4). Maybe this loose art work is meant to be this way, who knows.

#1909 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I do love the spooky model. Halloween is my first title and the CE is what I opted for. A lot there for the price.

BallyKISS1978

Be Careful what you ask for !!!

I'll also going to guess you don't have your Halloween-CE in hand yet ?!?

spooky's Customer Service USED to be AWESOME (AMH and RZSSI)!!

I haven't gotten ANY support on the couple of very minor issues we've had with ACNC and almost no support for the multitude of serious issues on RnM ???

#1910 2 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Oh Snap - too many string (6, should be 4), and too few tuning pegs (3, and their should be 4). Maybe this loose art work is meant to be this way, who knows.

Hahaha!!!

#1911 2 years ago

Why is Geddy playing a six string guitar?

#1912 2 years ago

They shoot these promos using sample/proto games....I have to imagine the shipped game will have protectors. I'll be shocked if they ship bare.

#1913 2 years ago

I thought it was Giddy
Middle name Up

#1914 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I was thinking of the times Borg has reused this basic layout (regular or mirrored) and came up with:
(left/right version is where the pop bumpers are, and designates regular or mirrored layout)
2008 Indiana Jones (Stern) - Left version (2 flipper)
2010 TRON - Right version (3 flipper)
2011 Xmen - Left Version (3 flipper)
2015 KISS - Left version (2 flipper)
2017 Aerosmith - Left Version (2 flipper - main PF)
2022 Rush - Left Version (3 flipper)
So I think TRON is the only one where he put the shot through the pop bumpers on the right. Is there any I missed?

You could probably lump in the first SW, JP, MSF, and HD. TWD may be just different enough not to include but not too far off either.

#1915 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Any thoughts why 1978 plays such a prominent role in the artwork? It is on the time machine and the right RUSH standups. Hemispheres was released in 1978 and it looks like Cygnus X-1 (which spanned A Farewell to Kings and Hemispheres) are two of the mini-wizard modes, with 2112 possibly being the main wizard mode. Any other ideas?
Probably just a random date, but interesting to speculate...

It's the year my wife was born, helps with the forgiveness after ordering

#1916 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

From Interview with Geddy
"I have some 6-string basses at home," Geddy said, adding (transcribed by UG): "In fact, I have far too many six string basses. ... "My '62 Fender Jazz Bass is my favorite to play right now. I have just fallen in love with these basses from 1962.

#1917 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I thought it was Giddy
Middle name Up

His name is actually Gary...but his mom pronounced it "Geddy" with her Polish accent, so all the local kids thought his name as "Geddy" & it stuck.

#1918 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Me:[quoted image]

i was outlining to my wife the small steps that have lead to me getting into Rush, culminating in getting the Rush pinball

my wife has outlined how that will be a pivotal step culminating in our divorce.

oh well, any good dating sites out there for men of our ilk?

#1919 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

100% agree Our_Man_in_Oz . Will be really interesting to see how much interest in the game down here.

Been delivering GNR everywhere and i ask people what they want in Australia next and answer is always Godzilla and Toy Story. I mention Rush and always same blank stare.

#1920 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Guitar players get more chicks.

#1921 2 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Been delivering GNR everywhere and i ask people what they want in Australia next and answer is always Godzilla and Toy Story. I mention Rush and always same blank stare.

Hand out some free Rush CDs, and watch the orders flood in!

#1922 2 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

AND THAT'S WHY NEW ZEALAND WILL ALWAYS BE SUPERIOR

#1923 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

It was just discovered that Geddy Lee is playing a 6-string bass instead 4 on the Pro.. so not only is the backglass cool but on the sideart it has now been deemed an 'error' and the value has gone up already by $2,000.

#1924 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

YA GOTTA GO TO NZ MATE

This cool guy I met in FL recommended Grn

AND THAT'S WHY NEW ZEALAND WILL ALWAYS BE SUPERIOR

Haha New Zealand is Australia's Taiwan. Its not a country.

#1925 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

A friend of mine RebelGuitars posted a pic on FB with a mirrored TMNT and the new RUSH Layout.....
[quoted image]

yeah they had some OK ideas with the Rush playfield, but they need to make it, like, DOUBLE WIDE. Then it'd be twice as fun

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1926 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

What song is missing that you wish were in the game? I would have liked to have Time Stand Still. Especially with the clock in the game already.

Wishful thinking (and not technically a Rush song), but it sure would be nice to hear the chorus to "Take Off" when my game ends

FUN FACT: Geddy & Rick Moranis went to grade school together in Toronto

bob_and_doug_with_geddy_lee (resized).jpgbob_and_doug_with_geddy_lee (resized).jpg

#1927 2 years ago
#1928 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Guitar players get more chicks.

drummers get the most chicks. we do it in rhythm

#1929 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I personally have never heard of them before seeing this pin.

Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Never heard of Rush in my 51 years on the planet

Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I mention Rush and always same blank stare.

Not much radio play for Rush in other countries I guess?

Makes me think of Manowar. Was never popular here in the US but they sell out soccer stadiums in other countries.

#1930 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

It was just discovered that Geddy Lee is playing a 6-string bass instead 4 on the Pro.. so not only is the backglass cool but on the sideart it has now been deemed an 'error' and the value has gone up already by $2,000.

And this will be the only thing I see on the art anytime I approach the game. I can’t un-see it!!

#1931 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

drummers get the most chicks. we do it in rhythm

But you are also most likely to be homeless when you break up with your GF.

With heartfelt fondness,

- a bass player

#1932 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

But you are also most likely to be homeless when you break up with your GF.
With heartfelt fondness,
- a bass player

JAJAJAJA

#1933 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Ha this is wild. Upper half layout is pretty similar but there are some significant diffferences between TMNT and Rush:
- Diverter is standard on Rush (Prem/LE only on TMNT)
- Up the middle has the Time Machine on Rush
- Lower half has thru pops, drops, and standups instead of two mono-targets.

It's not 100% identical, but 90% is pretty damn close. To Borg's friends, it's his "signature style". To his enemies, he "mailed it in".

#1934 2 years ago

Gene and Paul have many times talked about their friendship with Rush - even mentioned in their books a few times, including Neil's books.

There was a photo of Paul and Geddy and Alex on an airport tarmac a few years ago - they were passing through and caught up briefly.

#1935 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

And this will be the only thing I see on the art anytime I approach the game. I can’t un-see it!!

Hahaha.. you can always buy this guys LE for 14K shipped instead of 7 for a Pro. Nothing to see here!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/127500

#1936 2 years ago

Wasn’t sure I wanted this title when it was rumored, but once it was revealed, glad I bought the LE.

#1937 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Me:[quoted image]

Get yourself one of these to wear around the house Gryszzz

157538DA-C844-4862-9977-354818C7F2A5 (resized).png157538DA-C844-4862-9977-354818C7F2A5 (resized).png
#1938 2 years ago

I’ll be happy to sell this “Geddy Lee 6 string bass” as a topper for the pro. Bargain at $4200.
I’ll even remove 3 of the tuning pegs for you if you’d like. C3062861-C10C-464C-936C-F3A43B678CF7 (resized).jpegC3062861-C10C-464C-936C-F3A43B678CF7 (resized).jpeg

#1939 2 years ago

I just listened to the two Stern Insider podcasts which were great! Highly recommend.

The design team said it was a “forgiving” playing game. So there is some hope it won’t be as punishing as some of John’s other games. Time will tell.

#1940 2 years ago

The owl has to be the best art I've seen at the bottom of any playfield. BTW "hoser" is not a derogatory name. ( for our Aussie friends)

#1941 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I just listened to the two Stern Insider podcasts which were great! Highly recommend.
The design team said it was a “forgiving” playing game. So there is some hope it won’t be as punishing as some of John’s other games. Time will tell.

Are people moving the outlane posts tighter when a game is too hard? Any game can have its difficulty tweaked pretty easily. I've been bitching about Godzilla being such a brutal drainer...I need to take my own advice and tighten up those outlanes lol

#1942 2 years ago

Still jammin A Passage to Bangkok, she probably is tired of it

#1943 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Still jammin A Passage to Bangkok, she probably is tired of it

Back in my apartment living days....I'd crank the stereo to 2112....followed by Edgar Winters Frankenstein, just to p!ss off the neighbors...

#1944 2 years ago

Extra strings are stupid

#1945 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

The owl has to be the best art I've seen at the bottom of any playfield.

I agree. It’s awesome.

#1946 2 years ago

I'm hoping you land a Rush LE Gryszzz

Then, maybe I can invite myself over to play a few games.....LOL

Here's to wishing you luck neighbor....

#1947 2 years ago

Not in on the Rush - sorry just dont like the theme. Same issue with IM... Two great pins (assuming Rush plays as good as it looks). But does make me excited about Venom and Bond.

#1948 2 years ago

I wonder if Jamel_AKA_Jamal grabbed himself a pin yet? apparently Rush is his favorite band now. Good stuff!

#1949 2 years ago

Really on the fence over getting a pro or premium. I strangely much prefer the art on the premium, but I can't decide if that and a few gameplay enhancements are worth the extra 2k. At the end of the day, it's the same game.

#1950 2 years ago

Rush is not for everyone. Which is probably why I couldn't get enough as a teen. If you don't appreciate the technical side of music or listen to lyrics you won't get it. The premium art captures the 80s for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/39?hl=rwmech5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.