20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 89.
#1801 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They had a ton of hit singles. Working Man put then on the map in the US, with tons of Radio play in the Midwest. Tom Sawyer, Spirit of Radio, Closer to the Heart, Fly By Night and others were in heavy rotation on rock radio in the US.

Even as a huge RUSH fan myself I gotta disagree with this: based upon mainstream Billboard type singles they did not have many. Actually only 7 if you look at Billboard's Top 100, with the highest at 21. Yes, they are a staple of Classic Rock radio, huge number of album sales and sold out tours, but not hit singles:

Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 9.50.14 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-01-05 at 9.50.14 AM (resized).png
#1802 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Question for those who managed to get an LE:
When did you put your name in for an LE?
I put my name on the list for an LE with my distributor in MAY of 2021 and still didn't get one.

Question for you, how many pins have you bought in the past from said distributor? If >2 I’d say find a new distro.

#1803 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I don't listen to AC/DC, Metallica, Rush, Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Kiss, etc in my day-to-day life, but I can really appreciate all of the bands within the context of the pinball machines, and thoroughly enjoy the whole experience.
I'm in my 40s, so I imagine that some people younger than me might also have similar kinds of experiences, being initially disconnected from the music. I'll let the superfans argue about the art and particulars, but I am HYPED to try and play this amazing-looking table!
This resurgent golden age of pinball continues!

I think even people who are not into RUSH music will discover how well it pairs with pinball… change in direction, change in speed (tempo) are all things that RUSH does with regularity in their music, and I believe it will complement the game quite well. I’m not a RUSH fan, but in my mind I can see the ball moving around the playfield while certain songs are playing…it’s going to be awesome.

#1804 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Even as a huge RUSH fan myself I gotta disagree with this: based upon mainstream Billboard type singles they did not have many. Actually only 7 if you look at Billboard's Top 100, with the highest at 21. Yes, they are a staple of Classic Rock radio, huge number of album sales and sold out tours, but not hit singles:[quoted image]

Never were a big hit machine and thats ok! Rush was always it's own entity - the band so many budding musicians tried to emulate. Never cool with the ladies but always cool blasting out of a Camaro in the smoking area in high school.

#1805 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Very cool!
I need to do this one day.
It was a fun day!! happy to share more info if you like.

Absolutely!

The Rush mural is amazing. Never knew about that.

#1806 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

As much as I'd love to get a Rush pin...I'm really glad I jumped on the CCrLE bandwagon.

I'm a bit behind on the latest pinball title abbreviations. What is a CCrLE ?

#1807 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Even as a huge RUSH fan myself I gotta disagree with this: based upon mainstream Billboard type singles they did not have many. Actually only 7 if you look at Billboard's Top 100, with the highest at 21. Yes, they are a staple of Classic Rock radio, huge number of album sales and sold out tours, but not hit singles:[quoted image]

Ok. Stern should cancel the game then. These stats clearly show there aren’t enough passionate Rush fans to support a pinball game, and they actually never existed. Australia is right.

#1808 2 years ago

I'm currently listening to the Stern Insider podcast w/ Nate Shivers & Ed Robertson and they are talking about song selection. Ed, Geddy and Alex each created a list of 20 "banger" songs that should be in the game, and 15 songs were chosen unanimously. It sounds like Ed didn't have YYZ on his list and talked Geddy and Alex into La Villa Strangiato instead. I love both songs and Ed had a good argument on why he felt strongly about LVS over YYZ. The interview is awesome and worth the time to listen to.

It is available with a free Stern Insider account on the Insider website.

#1809 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I'm currently listening to the Stern Insider podcast w/ Nate Shivers & Ed Robertson and they are talking about song selection. Ed, Geddy and Alex each created a list of 20 "banger" songs that should be in the game, and 15 songs were chosen unanimously. It sounds like Ed didn't have YYZ on his list and talked Geddy and Alex into La Villa Strangiato instead. I love both songs and Ed had a good argument on why he felt strongly about LVS over YYZ. The interview is awesome and worth the time to listen to.

Thank you for mentioning where to find this…I was looking through my podcatcher, wondering…where the he!! Is it?!?!

#1810 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Yikes... Lol. I guess that's one way to look at it?
Anyway, I love TFTC and I think this pin looks great too. I like Borg's pins, so I'm happy for all who want to enjoy this as well. Cheers!

I really dislike TFTC, obviously.

This actually does look substantially better. I'm just giving crap to the flippant (lulz) response to me saying that it's nice to see a 3 flipper design from Borg holding out TFTC as an example. Like......do you REALLY want to compare to a game from 20+ years ago? Big yikes indeed.

Quoted from DRDAVE:

Cactus Canyon Remake LE

#1811 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Thank you for mentioning where to find this…I was looking through my podcatcher, wondering…where the he!! Is it?!?!

Sterns Website, log into Insider & it’s right there.

#1812 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I wouldn’t be surprised if it is 1000 LE from now on. Hopefully that will reduce scalpers a little bit. At this point in time they could probably release a Mr Hankey pin and the LE would sell out.
My only concern is the backlog. Rush looks pretty cool and I’m excited to play it but there are so many titles already ordered by buyers waiting for production and delivery.
If someone wants a Rush Premium you better order now for 2023 summer delivery!
[quoted image]

This Mr Hanky artwork will be prominately featured on the forthcoming Katy Perry pin.

#1813 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ok. Stern should cancel the game then. These stats clearly show there aren’t enough passionate Rush fans to support a pinball game, and they actually never existed. Australia is right.

Never said that either: Proclaim them for who they are, i.e. a phenomenal trio of extremely talented musicians & songwriters with a long career, large album sales, and large devoted fanbase. Don't proclaim them for something they are not: producer of a ton of hit singles. Saying they are something that they are not does not help win over people unfamiliar with the group nor explain the reason behind RUSH fans' devotion to them.

#1814 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I have to agree with Ed on this one. YYZ is great but La Villa Strangiato is an outstanding piece of music. I've known a couple incredible drummers who struggled with one of the off time beats in the slower center part of the song. I would have been crushed without it.

#1815 2 years ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

Anyone hear when first LE's are going to start shipping?

Mid February. I was told by my distributor I should have it delivered by the last week of February.

#1816 2 years ago

How about this mod...
Reface the Clockwork Angels clock with a Working Man single DJ record, or a Time Stand Still clock.
ANYTHING but Clockwork.

#1817 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

I think even people who are not into RUSH music will discover how well it pairs with pinball… change in direction, change in speed (tempo) are all things that RUSH does with regularity in their music, and I believe it will complement the game quite well. I’m not a RUSH fan, but in my mind I can see the ball moving around the playfield while certain songs are playing…it’s going to be awesome.

Rush is the perfect band for pinball with the erratic time signatures and ball movement. Admit it, how many drummers on here, as myself, are going to press the buttons to the flippers in time with the music or drum parts? I know I will! Let’s hope I don’t burn out the coils!! LOL

#1818 2 years ago

While they didn't really have hit singles, their newest videos were played on MTV pretty regularly and they sold out a lot of indoor arenas. Many bands from that era were not single makers, but had deep followings, KISS is another example. Not every video with high airplay was a top ten single and vice versa.

For radio - the classics were always played and the newest single here and there, but the deep cuts never made it. I used to hate Rush - all I heard was Freewill (still hate the song with a passion), Tom Sawyer, Subdivisions, etc.

When I was hanging out one day at my friend's house (I was 17), we always listened to music (albums). I heard Distant Early Warning, Afterimage, and Red Sector A together - in a row. Those 15 minutes changed my (musical) life. I was dumbfounded when I found out it was RUSH.

The rest is history as they say.

#1819 2 years ago

Great enthusiasm during the VO session. The callouts at least, will be tremendous fun. Clearly a game made with passion by all involved. Never heard of Rush in my 51 years on the planet, but this looks like a winner to me. Gameplay will Rock!

#1820 2 years ago

A fun Rush Story from me...

Many years ago I was vacationing with my family at a particularly fancy place in the Bahamas. One night, on the way in to the dining room I spot the unmistakable backlit silhouette of Geddy Lee, who to my Surprise addresses me first! "Ed?", he says, surprised. "Ged!", I say excitedly. We managed to share a meal or two over the course of the week long vacation, and I try to play it cool as best I can.

The following year we find ourselves at an even fancier spot in Hawaii, and who is also at the same resort?? Geddy and his family!! Crazy. We manage a meal or two.

Year Three. I'm at a Four Seasons somewhere on the Mexican Coast, and a guy approaches me at the pool, and says, "Is it Canadian Music Week here? I just met Geddy Lee over by the other pool!". I walk over and stare in disbelief as THREE YEARS IN A ROW I have surreptitiously booked THE SAME RESORT at the SAME TIME as Geddy and his family. I say, "Ged... Are you stalking me?? Do we have the same Travel Agent?" We don't, by the way.

Geddy laughs, and says "See you at Dinner?". So, after a few meals together Ged says, "I don't know if you know this about me, but I'm somewhat of a "Birder". The Blue Footed boobies are currently nesting on a small chain of islands close by here. I've rented a sail boat to go check them out in a couple of days. Would your family like to join us?".

"That would be fantastic!", I say truly looking forward to the excursion, the boat, the birds, hanging with Ged etc.

I return to my room and I check my email. I have an email from a good friend of mine in Minneapolis. My pal (And amazing drummer!), Eric Fawcett has written to say, "Ed- I HATE to ask this, but I know you're sort of tight with the Rush guys. They're coming to Minneapolis and all the good seats are sold out. Would you mind asking for a good pair of tickets for me? I'm more than happy to pay"

I responded, "Eric- I'm going to answer this email like the 12 year old inside of me would have wanted me to. I'll ask Geddy for your tickets while we're sailing off the West Coast of Mexico doing some bird watching together on Friday afternoon!"

Eric responded right away, "I love how you roll!"

Boobies (resized).jpegBoobies (resized).jpeg
#1821 2 years ago

Not a Rush fan but do enjoy their music.

Initial reaction with Rush was get LE if you can, if not, at first look the Pro really is the best value. This Pin is a fantastic pro.

However, as I looked more and more into the premium as a package, I realized that FOR ME, premium made the most sense. Not being a insane Rush fan wouldn’t be fair of me to take up an LE, but I do like the clock multiball and the hidden lock multiball behind the drop targets.
Those were enough to push me over the edge on The premium.

Also, the more I look at it, the more I prefer the cabin art of the premium to all. Back glass tho, that LE is a beaut! Tho I most certainly prefer the premium back glass to the pro.

Plastic ramps are a turn off. But with this package, and not being all completely plastic…

I really really expect this play well.
The people involved I believe are fans of the band and would definitely have done it right with this one. I look forward to my Premium.

Will be an excellent addition to my current collection of band pins.

Btw I am new to the forum.
Look forward to getting better acquainted with my fellow pinheads.

Also thanks to PinMonk
I think I’m decided on the colour as well.
Well narrowed it down to 2 Lol

4A2E017F-1550-433A-A773-1D5016FBCA9E (resized).png4A2E017F-1550-433A-A773-1D5016FBCA9E (resized).pngF4149AA4-49C1-4518-8CD0-B98B7E1391EE (resized).pngF4149AA4-49C1-4518-8CD0-B98B7E1391EE (resized).png
#1822 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Never said that either: Proclaim them for who they are, i.e. a phenomenal trio of extremely talented musicians & songwriters with a long career, large album sales, and large devoted fanbase. Don't proclaim them for something they are not: producer of a ton of hit singles. Saying they are something that they are not does not help win over people unfamiliar with the group nor explain the reason behind RUSH fans' devotion to them.

Ok, we’re gonna off on extreme tangents here. The point is - Rush singles did in fact get significant play on rock stations in the 80s. The reason I know Rush is because Tom Sawyer, Spirit of Radio, Limelight, etc were in constant rotation on the radio when I was a kid.

#1823 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Great story. Thanks for the pic too...

#1824 2 years ago

Does the upgraded three-channel amplifier also mean an update to the Spike 2 MPU?

#1825 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Many years ago I was vacationing with my family at a particularly fancy place in the Bahamas. One night, on the way in to the dining room I spot the unmistakable backlit silhouette of Geddy Lee, who to my Surprise addresses me first! "Ed?", he says, surprised. "Ged!", I say excitedly. We managed to share a meal or two over the course of the week long vacation, and I try to play it cool as best I can.
The following year we find ourselves at an even fancier spot in Hawaii, and who is also at the same resort?? Geddy and his family!! Crazy. We manage a meal or two.
Year Three. I'm at a Four Seasons somewhere on the Mexican Coast, and a guy approaches me at the pool, and says, "Is it Canadian Music Week here? I just met Geddy Lee over by the other pool!". I walk over and stare in disbelief as THREE YEARS IN A ROW I have surreptitiously booked THE SAME RESORT at the SAME TIME as Geddy and his family. I say, "Ged... Are you stalking me?? Do we have the same Travel Agent?" We don't, by the way.
Geddy laughs, and says "See you at Dinner?". So, after a few meals together Ged says, "I don't know if you know this about me, but I'm somewhat of a "Birder". The Blue Footed boobies are currently nesting on a small chain of islands close by here. I've rented a sail boat to go check them out in a couple of days. Would your family like to join us?".
"That would be fantastic!", I say truly looking forward to the excursion, the boat, the birds, hanging with Ged etc.
I return to my room and I check my email. I have an email from a good friend of mine in Minneapolis. My pal (And amazing drummer!), Eric Fawcett has written to say, "Ed- I HATE to ask this, but I know you're sort of tight with the Rush guys. They're coming to Minneapolis and all the good seats are sold out. Would you mind asking for a good pair of tickets for me? I'm more than happy to pay"
I responded, "Eric- I'm going to answer this email like the 12 year old inside of me would have wanted me to. I'll ask Geddy for your tickets while we're sailing off the West Coast of Mexico doing some bird watching together on Friday afternoon!"
Eric responded right away, "I love how you roll!"[quoted image]

Amazing story Ed! I can hardly believe the coincidence involved! I always assumed you were friends from a business aspect originally. Hilarious!

#1826 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Amazing story thx for sharing

#1827 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Thank you Ed for not only helping to bring the absolutely lifetime dream of a pinball theme to reality- but the stories about Geddy and Alex and your experiences with them - ALMOST makes waiting for the delivery of my machine bearable....

#1828 2 years ago

Rush is one of those bands I can listen to the whole album and not get bored. Some other bands with "hit singles" that's all you want to listen to- the single- and not the rest of the music.

#1829 2 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Cactus Canyon remake, LE

#1830 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Now every time I’m in Hawaii, I’m gonna be looking for you guys….and birds.

#1832 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Cactus Canyon remake, LE

And here I thought it was Creedence Clearwater Revival.

#1833 2 years ago

Thinking about a pro, Are the expression lights going to be avail as a kit? Saving the big money for the next JJP release if I like it.

#1834 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And here I thought it was Creedence Clearwater Revival.

That's what I was seeing with that abbreviation too!

#1835 2 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Thinking about a pro, Are the expression lights going to be avail as a kit? Saving the big money for the next JJP release if I like it.

Yes

#1836 2 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Yes, just as they are available for LZ: https://cointaker.com/products/led-zeppelin-cabinet-expression-lights1

#1837 2 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I'm usually joking around with "Pros are for Hoes"....but honestly, I think the Pro with the expression lights added is gonna be pretty sweet. You'll still get all the great music & light shows...you've still got the time machine. You're losing the clock, the ball lock posts behind the drops, the double shooting scoop, the up/down ramp, and the VUK ramp...but it's still gonna be a lot of fun and a great player. Once you're rocking to the music, you prob won't even care about that stuff.

#1838 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm usually joking around with "Pros are for Hoes"....but honestly, I think the Pro with the expression lights added is gonna be pretty sweet. You'll still get all the great music & light shows...you've still got the time machine. You're losing the clock, the ball lock posts behind the drops, the double shooting scoop, the up/down ramp, and the VUK ramp...but it's still gonna be a lot of fun and a great player. Once you're rocking to the music, you prob won't even care about that stuff.

Here is how I viewed this
1 - clock doesn’t interact with ball and I’m sure someone will mod this and I believe the mode is still there, clock interacts with hits to the pops from what I’ve seen.
2 - ball lock behind drops, there is still a hidden shot on pro so shot still there
3- time machine still functions same minus ramp, who cares...
4- scoops still there with subway top just doesn’t eject, I can possibly see a mod for this, if not who cares
5 - the vuk is really the one big item you miss out on

Pro is going to be great especially with expression lighting and did I mention the art package rocks!

#1839 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

1 - clock doesn’t interact with ball and I’m sure someone will mod this and I believe the mode is still there, clock interacts with hits to the pops from what I’ve seen.
2 - ball lock behind drops, there is still a hidden shot on pro so shot still there
4- scoops still there with subway top just doesn’t eject, I can possibly see a mod for this, if not who cares
Pro is going to be great especially with expression lighting and did I mention the art package rocks!

Agreed, I think the good stuff and the gameplay will all still be there. The side scoop shot is still there...shooting only out the front isn't a big deal. The ramp into the time machine always being up might actually be better. Even the dead-end target instead of the VUK isn't "bad"...it's like Addam's train shot.

I'm still getting the LE, but I think the Pro is solid.

#1840 2 years ago

It appears the ball jumps onto the p/f from the plunger launch and the ball can slip back down to the plunger from behind the 3rd flipper. Have we seen this on prior Borg games? Thoughts?

#1841 2 years ago
#1842 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Even the dead-end target instead of the VUK isn't "bad"...it's like Addam's train shot.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. That shot, plus the bumper location, the upper right flipper and the scoop to me are all somewhat similar to Addams. Of course you can probably draw parallels to many games these days.

I sold my Addams after having it for 15 years and completely restoring the playfield to like new condition, so maybe I’m just looking for similarities. My daughter is still mad at me for selling it too, but I used the money to fund a GNRLE. It was my grail pin because I played it so much in the 90’s and planned on keeping it forever, but just didn’t play it that much after having it so long.

#1843 2 years ago
Quoted from EMDude:

Question for you, how many pins have you bought in the past from said distributor? If >2 I’d say find a new distro.

I have bought 5 pins from the same distributor in 2 years. I still can't even get a premium let alone a LE. That was for Godzilla and I would expect the exact same service for Rush.

#1844 2 years ago

Super fun to see how excited Ed is for this game. Ive seen BNL twice live and they are crazy fun and really awesome performers. Last time was along with Hootie and the BF and BNL stole that show. And the collaborations they did were awesome.

Just saying ED you are a fantastic and fun performer. Glad you were involved with this and happy you are getting your grail pin.

#1845 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Agreed, I think the good stuff and the gameplay will all still be there.

For anyone potentially on the fence regarding Pro vs. Premium, this feels very similar to TMNT in my opinion. On that one I borrowed a friend's Premium, fell in love with the game, and bought a Pro.

I haven't missed the Premium once - the gameplay bones are all so similar.

I think it'll be the same with Rush, which is so nice considering the gap in Pro/Pre differences in GZ and LZ. I really appreciate this about Borg, and it's very likely a Rush Pro will line up next to my TMNT because apparently I like to be punished by his designs.

#1846 2 years ago

Borg definitely punishes you with his designs. I may have to sell my Gotg when my pin comes to limit my borg frustrations! I really liked tmnt but I wanted to break that thing at times!

#1847 2 years ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

Anyone hear when first LE's are going to start shipping?

January/February

#1848 2 years ago
Quoted from EMDude:

It appears the ball jumps onto the p/f from the plunger launch and the ball can slip back down to the plunger from behind the 3rd flipper. Have we seen this on prior Borg games? Thoughts?

Yeah they say on the insider podcast that it goes back to the plunger and autoplunges back around to the pops - it's also one of the extra ball shots. Same basic shot on TWD.

#1849 2 years ago
Quoted from livetowin:

So is Stern planning on selling the expression lighting system separately across all trims like Stranger Things UV kit?

yes, it'll be about a $500 kit

#1850 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I was all set to order a premium also but your points are dead on, the Pro is loaded nicely. I decided on the Pro and I will add in some toys and the lighting.

Much prefer the Pro art also!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/37?hl=sodacrack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.