20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 89.
#1701 2 years ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

there seem to be a lot of 'sensitive' Rush fans here that are getting emotionally disturbed and overly defensive of what I thought was an accurate take on the artwork. I just think they could have done a hell of a lot better that's all.

I’m a “sensitive” Rush fan, but I don’t mind honest critique of the art. I would have loved for it to be a bit more striking and stylized all around….but at the end of the day, Rush has been my dream theme pin since I started collecting. I’ve always loved music games - I’ve had Tommy, GnR, Elvis, Rolling Stones…and I still have AC/DC & Metallica. I always imagined AC/DC, Metallica & Rush as my ultimate music pin trilogy. Now that can be reality!! So, even if the art isn’t a win…what am I gonna do, NOT buy Rush?!?! The playfield could have Geddy taking a shit on my head & I’d still buy it lol.

#1702 2 years ago

I know someone asked this before but what's the significance of 1978 with this band? It's on the time machine and on the targets on the right side. Hemispheres came out that year, but not sure why it would be THAT important to the game.

#1703 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

See my post above.

Haha did not see script in the photo. Thx

#1704 2 years ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

Zeppelin's cab art is lazy and the playfield art is better than Rush

try taking a closer look at zep's slingshots

#1705 2 years ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

Zeppelin’s playfield are is better and the cab art is lazy.
I feel, Rush playfield is not attractive and the

Comparatively, Zeppelin's cab art is lazy and the playfield art is better than Rush. Rush's artwork looks like something you find at a carnival airbrush booth. It's not my style and I would think Stern would have a better eye for this. Its not like Stern puts out ugly machines, but the last two music themes have art issues. Again, just my opinion...there seem to be a lot of 'sensitive' Rush fans here that are getting emotionally disturbed and overly defensive of what I thought was an accurate take on the artwork. I just think they could have done a hell of a lot better that's all.

Art work is always a personal taste thing. No way everyone will love it.

I think it's good but not great, I honestly don't know what great would be on a Rush pin. Still happy it's here and looks to be a good game all around!

#1706 2 years ago

Grand slam home run.
Well done Stern!

#1707 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

And those LED's on top!!!! What were they thinking?

I’ve gotta agree with this. The game looks KILLER! But those exposed bayonet LEDs on top look….bad. Hoping someone makes a mod to do that time machine justice.

#1708 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What a shame the year on the time machine doesnt change..... Even Stern's own advertising indicates it should.
And those LED's on top!!!! What were they thinking? [quoted image]

They were thinking "These dupes will buy anything so keep the BOM low, profits high and let the modders do our job and come up with something more creative and aesthetic."

Also, it is 2022. Get rid of the f'ing red film canister domes on the slings. Lazy. Ugly. Wash, rinse, repeat.

#1709 2 years ago

#1710 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’ve gotta agree with this. The game looks KILLER! But those exposed bayonet LEDs on top look….bad. Hoping someone makes a mod to do that time machine justice.

Just replacing the three LED's with #44 lamps would be an improvement (if the circuit could drive them)

#1711 2 years ago

$11,000 is definitely worth it for a Rush fan. I'm a Led Zeppelin fan and would never fork over more than $5k for LZLE.. Concrats Rush fans! As Napolian Dynamite would say.. Lucky!!

#1712 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No, but I hope space coast pinball is working on cover ups like he did for Godzilla

Where are these at?

#1713 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Where are these at?

He only did Godzilla to cover seizure decal and the insider decal on backbox, sorry for confusion. But wizard mods does an entire apron cover

#1714 2 years ago

I’ll chime in with 2 things I noticed right away with this pin.
#1 it has the centre magnet shot identical to Austin Powers (another Borg design) plus the shot through the pops with a scoop to the right of it (like many other Borg designs)
#2 Who the hell are Rush? I’ve never heard of them and listen to a lot of 70’s and 80’s rock, weirdest choice of a rock band them ever when so many other “name” bands haven’t been done
But aside from that there are a lot of shots to go for which seems cool

#1715 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

He only did Godzilla to cover seizure decal and the insider decal on backbox, sorry for confusion. But wizard mods does an entire apron cover

Godzilla ones are the ones I need...

#1716 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Who the hell are Rush? I’ve never heard of them and listen to a lot of 70’s and 80’s rock, weirdest choice of a rock band them ever when so many other “name” bands haven’t been done

For some reason, Australia has performed a crime against your ears by denying you Rush. They’re huge in the US & Canada, and just as much of a mainstay of 70s & 80s rock as anything else. I know you think we’re crazy, but as you can tell - this is a holy grail for many of us. We think you’re crazy for pretending they don’t exist. Their music is used in tons of TV shows & movies, and they are referenced in tons of TV shows and movies.

Watch the movie “I Love You, Man”…you’ll understand Rush a bit more.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1717 2 years ago

First off, I really don't care for Rush that much... But I now realize I know more of their songs than I thought after watching Stern's video. Not music I would select to listen to, but stuff I'd leave on a radio station if it came on kind of music to me.

That being said, it looks like a super fun game to play!! I love the 3rd flipper, ramps, and the shots remind of of all of Borgs greatest designs molded into one.

While I don't plan on buying this one (I need to give the wallet a rest anyways right now haha) I can't wait to play it!!

I am not on the boards much anymore due to job and family commitments, so with the backlog when does everyone expect to be getting these? My Godzilla Premium I ordered at release isn't supposed to arrive for two more months, so that puts Rush Premiums in the far distance or ?

Congrats to Borg, Stern, and the die-hard Rush fans...

#1718 2 years ago

Congrats to everyone who grabbed a game today! Here's a video on my phone from their last concert.. a medley of Red Barchetta & Spirit of the Radio. Enjoy!

#1719 2 years ago

Just got home from a 14 hour drive. Was in FL this week, which is why I forgot to check my emails. Just clarifying, I'm not pissed at JJ, not at all. I'm pissed at myself for dropping the biggest goddamn ball of the year. And the mf year just started lol.
But 2 benevolent Pinsiders have reached out with very joyful news!
THAT IS WHY I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!

#1720 2 years ago

Im in the "I like the premium cab art the best" camp. But for a band this important to me, the LE is mandatory. Hope shit works out. Congrats to you die hards that are overjoyed today!

#1721 2 years ago

Super Rush Fan so very excited. But I've been collecting games for over 20 years. I've learned to play before I buy ... the hard way.

I like Borg as a person. He's a nice guy, had some very good interviews with him for GameRoom Magazine some years ago. He has one of the biggest hearts for what he does.

His games are hits and misses IMO. I bought NIB TRON Pro after playing it and not able to shake my desire for it. I wasn't disappointed because it was good enough as a shooter to add to my love for the TRON theme. It wasn't Elwin'sih at all - like Iron Maiden or Godzilla great. It wasn't DE GnR great either. But it was very good. The code and sound design made the playfield layout better - at least for me.

When KISS was released, I bought it NIB without playing it. I'm a super KISS fan so the decision to pony up wouldn't be a big deal. The playfield didn't look amazing, but I thought the software, music, etc. would glue it all together like it did with TRON. It didn't. Software was far from done and the updates came too far apart and still fell short. Orbit shots were tight and hard to shoot. Gene's head required tweaking multiple times to keep him from puking the balls SDTM. Hey - that's pinball ownership. No biggie. But the software never came - and when it did - it still didn't feel finished. There were modes that should have been fleshed out - but weren't. Biggest NIB disappointment for me.

Of Borg titles (from DE to present at Stern), I've owned or still own 9 of them. I've played all Borg titles except Big Buck hunter, NBA, Ritchie Rich and Mini-Viper. Strip away the art and software and I find that some shoot terrible and some shoot excellent. Some have moderate flow, some of the more fan-like layouts can be tight and frustrating to shoot. DE GNR is still my favorite Borg title. Overall, I expect that once I see gameplay videos that show the display and give clear audio, demonstrate the rules, I'll likely be nuts about owning one. I'm super-excited over Geddy and Alex doing callouts! Can't wait to get feedback from players on Pro vs Prem. I really want to love this game. I probably will.

Congrats to all fellow Rush fans. We finally have a game! We should really appreciate that it came now, with a very good sound system in stereo and a display capable of good video. It could have come back when we had orange DMD's, terrible sound, and a system that only supported highly compressed AM quality audio. Best of luck to all going after this title.

#1722 2 years ago

Final note on this title.

For those of you that were around in the early 2000's that listened to my podcast (The Silverball), you might remember my best buddy Steve Rothschild (RIP brother) who loved Rush. Seeing these videos and footage of what looked like the Clockwork Angels tour brought back a flood of memories of us going to see them in STL on that tour. That was the last concert we seen before he died. He would have loved this game.

2012-09-22_20-43-27_19 (resized).jpg2012-09-22_20-43-27_19 (resized).jpg2012-09-22_21-17-09_576 (resized).jpg2012-09-22_21-17-09_576 (resized).jpg
#1723 2 years ago

In for a Pro. Wasn't convinced at first, but will be happy to have this on location in Anchorage, AK soon!

#1724 2 years ago

Cab art doesn't really freakin matter ha.
I like the pro bg the best..all 3 are b'dass.

#1725 2 years ago

Our first stop was in Bogota

#1726 2 years ago

Wreathed in smoke in Lebanon

#1727 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

For some reason, Australia has performed a crime against your ears by denying you Rush. They’re huge in the US & Canada, and just as much of a mainstay of 70s & 80s rock as anything else. I know you think we’re crazy, but as you can tell - this is a holy grail for many of us. We think you’re crazy for pretending they don’t exist. Their music is used in tons of TV shows & movies, and they are referenced in tons of TV shows and movies.
Watch the movie “I Love You, Man”…you’ll understand Rush a bit more.

Australian here (who doesn't mind rush) talking to an American. You guys always have to rank and judge how good something is by its popularity and how much said band or actor for example is cross referenced in pop culture. Watching a show to see how popular a band is?

If I have to watch a movie to work out how good a band is then there is a problem. And I like rush, but your talking crap, respectfully.

#1728 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Australian here (who doesn't mind rush) talking to an American. You guys always have to rank and judge how good something is by its popularity and how much said band or actor for example is cross referenced in pop culture. Watching a show to see how popular a band is?
If I have to watch a movie to work out how good a band is then there is a problem. And I like rush, but your talking crap, respectfully.

I hope, as a Yank, I'm not speaking out of turn.

Rush has been a great listening and thinking man's band for many decades.

It's just a happy coincidence they made music worth listening to with a good beat, and that sold many copies.

My life is better for their music and I've been inspired by it.

All that tripe being said, this game will likely make me cry tears of regret due to my piss poor pinball skills.

#1729 2 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

I hope, as a Yank, I'm not speaking out of turn.
Rush has been a great listening and thinking man's band for many decades.
It's just a happy coincidence they made music worth listening to with a good beat, and that sold many copies.
My life is better for their music and I've been inspired by it.
All that tripe being said, this game will likely make me cry tears of regret due to my piss poor pinball skills.

And you didn't have to watch a tv show or movie to work that out I'll wager. Point of my post wasn't about the band being good or bad. We don't live under a rock in Aus, and just calling out his post. If you dish it out, then be happy for it to come back.

#1730 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

And you didn't have to watch a tv show or movie to work that out I'll wager. Point of my post wasn't about the band being good or bad. We don't live under a rock in Aus, and just calling out his post. If you dish it out, then be happy for it to come back.

I don't think there was any animosity in those posts, but maybe there was something I didn't pick up on?

Doesn't seem to me as though Rush is popular in Australia, and that's alright.

I'd love to have an AC/DC at some point soon, love their stuff and the game.

#1731 2 years ago

We only stop for the best

#1732 2 years ago

Question for those who managed to get an LE:

When did you put your name in for an LE?

I put my name on the list for an LE with my distributor in MAY of 2021 and still didn't get one.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1733 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I put my name on the list for an LE with my distributor in MAY of 2021 and still didn't get one.

Isn’t there 1000 LE’s compared to the normal 500? And it’s sold out has it? Goes to show that no matter the theme, Stern LE will always sell out so why not offer 1000 LE’s for every title?

#1734 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Isn’t there 1000 LE’s compared to the normal 500? And it’s sold out has it? Goes to show that no matter the theme, Stern LE will always sell out so why not offer 1000 LE’s for every title?

This may be true in the COVID economy, but Stern has had some LE clunkers pre-COVID that they had trouble selling through, most notably WWE LE. But Munsters LE was slower and there have been others. However in COVID wacky time with parts shortages leading to machine scarcity thrown in, the feeding frenzy has to do with the demand from flippers and the latent money built up from 2 years of general public's delayed vacations, eating out, etc that have given people more income to spend on home luxuries like pinball.

I remember being told from an veteran Stern insider that Stern was too unsure to bump Iron Maiden to 666 LEs because they weren't sure they would sell out. So, not that long ago, even 500 units of IRON MAIDEN (!) was not a sure sales smash guarantee.

#1735 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

...X-men, but the shots have been loosened up a bit (X-men has 4 shots from the right orbit to the center shot, Rush has 3.

(i may not understand you but) its right the same !

see again : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/27#post-6692899

only the to 2 "light lock" targets are not at same place (simply because they have made the entry jump-ramp larger than the Magneto apperture)

#1736 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

(i may not understand you but) its right the same !
see again : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/27#post-6692899
only the to 2 "light lock" targets are not at same place (simply because they have made the entry jump-ramp larger than the Magneto apperture)

Right. One less shot on each side of the center for Rush because the targets are gone.

#1737 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Or perhaps Rush is extremely popular with a lot of pinheads outside of Australia?

#1738 2 years ago

People, I am only gonna say it one more time: Australians do not like Rush.

#1739 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

But they allegedly like vegemite, so anything's possible.

Maybe they need to just acquire a taste for Rush...

#1740 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But they allegedly like vegemite, so anything's possible. Maybe they need to just acquire a taste for Rush...

From what I have seen over the last few months of various attempts to proselytize, alas… I believe these efforts will be in vain.

#1741 2 years ago

I like Rush AND Vegemite, but I grew up with both. For the uninitiated, I suspect acquiring a taste for Rush is the easier of the two…

#1742 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I wouldn’t be surprised if it is 1000 LE from now on. Hopefully that will reduce scalpers a little bit. At this point in time they could probably release a Mr Hankey pin and the LE would sell out.
My only concern is the backlog. Rush looks pretty cool and I’m excited to play it but there are so many titles already ordered by buyers waiting for production and delivery.
If someone wants a Rush Premium you better order now for 2023 summer delivery!

A272F0EA-376E-4212-BE47-B64A0C6DFF40 (resized).jpegA272F0EA-376E-4212-BE47-B64A0C6DFF40 (resized).jpeg
#1743 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

It’s not that we don’t like Rush. I personally have never heard of them before seeing this pin. I’m assuming the USA have had a lot of exposure to them and we just haven’t
For the record I’m not a fan of vegemite

#1744 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

From what I have seen over the last few months of various attempts to proselytize, alas… I believe these efforts will be in vain.

You won't be able to preach compliance. As with vegemite, they will have to try it...a LOT...before they have a chance of liking it.

#1745 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

For the record I’m not a fan of vegemite

This is encouraging.

Remember, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

5,279,999 to go.

Pretty sure this is child abuse, at least in the US:

#1746 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Right. One less shot on each side of the center for Rush because the targets are gone.

not gone, they are now at the right ramp base...

#1747 2 years ago

In Molly Meldrum we trust. If he thought they were shit….

#1748 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I put my name down for one last week during the initial launch trailer. But I also went with a reputable dealer who isn’t highly advertised. Took me a while to find them, but pretty much went down the list of Stern distributors in the US that didn’t get plugged on podcasts or advertised on Pinside.

#1749 2 years ago

In the UK its fair to say Rush have and always will be a minority concern. Totally off the radar here for the most part.

This scene from Adventureland always makes me laugh

#1750 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

not gone, they are now at the right ramp base...

Ah, yes. I see them now, thanks. So, typical Borg slight remix of the same design of his he's been using (normal or mirrored) more than any other for like 10 years.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Seattle, WA
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.