20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 89.
#1651 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

$12.4? I thought it was $11.4, that's what I paid.

if you get it from a distributor outside your state you probably skipped the almost 1k in taxes. From Stern or same-state seller you'll get hit by that.

#1652 2 years ago
Quoted from Speedracer773:

First I love Rush. I've been to more Rush concerts than any other band in my life (so far). With a catalog of music that spans multiple decades it would be very hard to grab samples from them all..... that said this looks like a tribute to early Rush. I like early Rush, some real classics, but it is missing some other great hits from later in their careers and honestly I felt like that was a miss (for me at least- I totally get others will be in love with the art and songs picked) .... I also don't see the LE as the best of the art package ....it's sort of weird, uncomfortable even, I like the pin in general / concept but I wanted to like it even more....so far it feels like a wait and see, not the got to have, I expected it to be. Anyone else feel the same-ish?

I am a huge Rush fan as well, but likely a bit older. I love the song selection except Cygnus X-1 would not have my choice from Farewell to Kings (my favorite album). I was fortunate enough to see them on the Moving Pictures tour forward, but was out once Rupert Hine began producing them beginning with 'Presto'. I do wish I'd seen them live more but too late now. I am beyond thrilled to get 16 songs on a Stern rock pin though! I hope you enjoy it once you get a chance to flip it.

#1653 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Question on the expression lighting: it claims 96 addressable RGB LEDs but I only count 24 on each side. Does each light “pill” have two separate LEDs in it? I originally thought it was upgraded from Zep but seems they also quoted 96 LEDs. Anybody know?

An RBG LED is actually 3 individually controlled LEDs. Each RGB LED takes 3 “pins” on the circuit board and can individually controlled via those pins.

#1654 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

An RBG LED is actually 3 individually controlled LEDs. Each RGB LED takes 3 “pins” on the circuit board and can individually controlled via those pins.

I understand that and they claim 96 RGB LEDs but I only count 48 “lights”. Seems each one has 2 RGB LEDs - maybe split top bottom or left right

#1655 2 years ago

Question on the expression lighting: it claims 96 addressable RGB LEDs but I only count 24 on each side. Does each light “pill” have two separate LEDs in it? I originally thought it was upgraded from Zep but seems they also quoted 96 LEDs. Anybody know?

Yes, both the bottom and top of the pills are addressable. Zep has shows that have different color top and bottom.

#1656 2 years ago

The answers to many of the questions I see here related to songs, design, art, etc... can be found on the Stern Insider podcast with Ed Robertson. It is about an hour of pure joy for those who want to learn about the making of this game. It feels like more love/research/heart/passion/humor/work went into this game than almost any other Stern ever made. I have owned every LE and Super LE from Stern since Tron (except Mustang) and I have never been more excited about a game coming out. The game looks like a "greatest hits" album from your favorite artist applied to a pinball machine. It has all my favorite features from other games put into one game. I just can't wait to see gameplay and animations.

#1657 2 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Yes, both the bottom and top of the pills are addressable. Zep has shows that have different color top and bottom.

Thanks! That’s what I figured but it is really hard to see when watching an LZ stream. Pretty excited about them using these for Rush. I feel sorry for whoever has to choreograph 120 mins of songs to the LEDs…

#1658 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

if you get it from a distributor outside your state you probably skipped the almost 1k in taxes. From Stern or same-state seller you'll get hit by that.

Is this actually true? I ordered from an out of state distributor and they put tax on the invoice. Is that like eBay collecting taxes for them?

#1659 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So is it 17 as originally shown, 16 per release today or is there actually more than 17 as was rumored last week?
Roll the Bones Mystery award mode has to have the song doesn’t it or at least a sound clip?

During Gary's talk he mentioned 16.

#1660 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

It was a total thrill for me to work on this project. Sort of impossible to put in to words actually...
To be asked by my favourite band to help oversee the creation of a Pinball Machine, my Favourite THING??!!
It was an absolute pleasure to work with Ged, and Al on this project. They KILLED it during the Callouts recording session. I think everybody is going to LOVE what they hear. An insane amount of callouts from the guys... oh ya, not to mention almost TWO HOURS of music?!?!
Borg put his Heart and Soul in to it.
The song list was an absolute blast to come up with. We were never going to please everybody, but TRUST ME... I'm a bigger Rush Nerd than YOU! I KNOW there are songs that aren't there that should be, but I truly believe there are ZERO songs ON the list that Shouldn't Be! The goal was to populate the game with BANGERS. Fill it with songs that would compliment the energy of pinball. I think we struck a really good balance.
My hat is off to the entire Stern team. Working with Jody on licensing, Borg on Design, Greg and Michael on the Art, Tim on Rules, Zach on Marketing etc etc. Everybody there gives a shit about every little decision, and the care and attention they put in to each is astounding! I had conversations with Gomez, Dave Peterson, John Buscaglia etc etc... At EVERY LEVEL the company is pushing to give the project what it needs to be successful.
As a Pinball Fanatic it was INCREDIBLE to be part of the whole process.
I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I loved being a part of making it.
Thanks for all of the early positive feedback. It was a labour of love, and I really think it will show.

What a great story! Thanks Ed. To have both Geddy and Alex directly involved with the callouts with the guidance and support of a huge Pinball and Rush fan like yourself and another one as the lead designer; what else can we ask for (Code as meticulous as the music I suppose)? This is not a mail it in pin...this is a PIN for the fans!
This really is a dream come true for us hardcore RUSH fans. I can't wait to "HOOT Again"!

#1661 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

Is this actually true? I ordered from an out of state distributor and they put tax on the invoice. Is that like eBay collecting taxes for them?

on that might depend on the distributor and how their business model is set up. Not sure if theres extra stipulations with reselling through Stern, but in general, varies from business to business how they charge taxes outside of states. All this is said from my limited knowledge on tax laws. There could be more involved.

#1662 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

During Gary's talk he mentioned 16.

I saw that but they also posted this in their vid last week and I see 17.

8E5A7383-69FD-49FC-9196-3C4D1454AA57 (resized).png8E5A7383-69FD-49FC-9196-3C4D1454AA57 (resized).png
#1663 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

on that might depend on the distributor and how their business model is set up. Not sure if theres extra stipulations with reselling through Stern, but in general, varies from business to business how they charge taxes outside of states. All this is said from my limited knowledge on tax laws. There could be more involved.

It’s actually based on individual state laws. Within the last couple years a bunch of states are now requiring sales tax on all sales, in state or out of state to be collected by the seller. It used to be that buyers were supposed to report out of state purchases and pay the taxes on a honor system, well we all know that didn’t work.

#1664 2 years ago

The official song list combines the two Cygnus X-1 parts into one “song” hence the 16 vs 17.

3245D75C-8F85-4EB2-8FA4-902FFB390EFA (resized).jpeg3245D75C-8F85-4EB2-8FA4-902FFB390EFA (resized).jpeg
#1665 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

It’s actually based on individual state laws. Within the last couple years a bunch of states are now requiring sales tax on all sales, in state or out of state to be collected by the seller. It used to be that buyers were supposed to report out of state purchases and pay the taxes on a honor system, well we all know that didn’t work.

A little more confusing on cherry picking a state that wont have that mandate in place, but that makes a lot more sense. Guess its a matter of time before those type of tax laws blanket across all of the them.

#1666 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

EDIT: Went back and re-did the LEs with the guitar cutout I didn't pick up on the side rails. Made them overall darker colors so the guitar reads better.
I did a rust one, too, that I think matches the steampunk aesthetic really well.[quoted image]

Was actually a legit question, not just nitpicking - I saw your mockups an thought what a shame they didnt do actual cut-out guitars. The guitar cut-outs are the best LE side rail yet from Stern.

#1667 2 years ago

The official song list combines the two Cygnus X-1 parts into one “song” hence the 16 vs 17.[quoted image]

Thanks for pointing that out, I wasn’t Even considering that.

#1668 2 years ago

Looks awesome! I have an LE reserved!

Now I can't wait for the game play reveal.

#1669 2 years ago

Easy pass for me. The main toy is taken right from Lotr. The under field ball is taken right from Metallica but just not as cool. This game to me feels like it’s just full of recycled toys. Looks like it’s going to shoot really well but with these very steep price increases I would like to see more games that are unique and innovative like Godzilla. That’s my personal opinion. Still waiting for my Godzilla!

#1670 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Was actually a legit question, not just nitpicking - I saw your mockups an thought what a shame they didnt do actual cut-out guitars. The guitar cut-outs are the best LE side rail yet from Stern.

Thanks for doing these again Vic. Seeing the full side rails colored shows why they went with black powder. It looks best IMHO

#1671 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Easy pass for me. The main toy is taken right from Lotr. The under field ball is taken right from Metallica but just not as cool. This game to me feels like it’s just full of recycled toys. Looks like it’s going to shoot really well but with these very steep price increases I would like to see more games that are unique and innovative like Godzilla. That’s my personal opinion. Still waiting for my Godzilla!

The clock from TZ, too. But the question for me is this: If there are really cool mechs from older games, what's wrong with reusing them and updating them into new games? I don't have a problem with that.

#1672 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The clock from TZ, too. But the question for me is this: If there are really cool mechs from older games, what's wrong with reusing them and updating them into new games? I don't have a problem with that.

Same. As long as I’m not waiting forever to play behind someone like LOTR.

#1673 2 years ago

First LE for me, I never post on here but I'm pretty damn excited! Grew up on these guys, ride motorcycle, read Neil's books, Ghost Rider helped me through some trying times. Wasn't a fan of the cartoon band artwork buts it's grown on me. Dug the premium cab art since I'm from Northern Canada and the dark sky/snow hits home. LE art is amazing as well and the pro. Congrats to everyone involved, pretty sure you hit every fu#%ing nail on the head. I can't wait for this pin and really hope it brings a lot of excitement and joy to everyone else who's a Rush fan, pin enthusiast, or both. The last few years have been rough, so enjoy moments like these

#1674 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Oh, I didn't take it as nitpicking. I just COMPLETELY missed the cutout on the LE. I guess it just blended into the art for me. It does look much better with darker colors, though. Lighter colors don't pop on the LE armor.

#1675 2 years ago

Thanks for doing these again Vic. Seeing the full side rails colored shows why they went with black powder. It looks best IMHO

Yeah, the LE needs dark colors for the guitar to pop. I actually like the rust one.

The Premium looks good with a pretty wide range of colors, though.

#1676 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I agree with you that there is nothing wrong with reusing toys if you are updating them and making them better. For example Jurassic Park by stern where they recreated the T-Rex eating the ball like the original Data East one. It’s the same concept but much more polished and does much more than the original one did. That was cool and I love that they made it better. But what I am seeing here is not the case. They just look recycled.

#1677 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I agree with you that there is nothing wrong with reusing toys if you are updating them and making them better. For example Jurassic Park by stern where they recreated the T-Rex eating the ball like the original Data East one. It’s the same concept but much more polished and does much more than the original one did. That was cool and I love that they made it better. But what I am seeing here is not the case. They just look recycled.

The ramp in front of the magnetic ring isn't static like LOTR and I think it has a target behind it when it's down. So...that's cooler!

#1678 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The ramp in front of the magnetic ring isn't static like LOTR and I think it has a target behind it when it's down. So...that's cooler!

Haha nice

#1679 2 years ago

From hearing the podcast on stern a couple of true tidbits came out.

2112 is the entire side 1, and not just the overture. This means a lot to us who love their music.

Rush allowed their entire music and art catalog to be used.

There are over 800 callouts in the game. Apparently this is very different than the LZ involvement.

I think all three art packages are very uniquely Rush with many hidden gems. This pin has the look that will be easily be recalled in many years for its outstanding overall presentation.

Rush obviously helped make this pinball with the dedication that has spanned their entire career.

#1680 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

From hearing the podcast on stern a couple of true tidbits came out.
2112 is the entire side 1, and not just the overture. This means a lot to us who love their music.
Rush allowed their entire music and art catalog to be used.
There are over 800 callouts in the game. Apparently this is very different than the LZ involvement.
I think all three art packages are very uniquely Rush with many hidden gems. This pin has the look that will be easily be recalled in many years for its outstanding overall presentation.
Rush obviously helped make this pinball with the dedication that has spanned their entire career.

Yeah, it was funny to hear that the guys in Led Zeppelin didn’t even know that there were callouts in the games. They thought it was just bells and chimes. Rush really wanted to learn everything about the game, how it would operate, how the songs would be incorporated, but mostly, how they could incorporate their sense of humor. This is the part I look forward to probably more than anything. Just hearing them having some fun. It also sounds like Ed doing the call outs in behalf of Neil is really going to add to the game as well. The story of hearing how they created Neil’s voice in 2112 and how they re-created it for the game makes the podcast worth listening to.

#1681 2 years ago

For the record, I am in with a Premium. First time for a NIB in my 8 year pin hobby. This theme is a winner for me. Other themes and games along the way have been great too, but this one pushed me over the edge.

#1682 2 years ago

GnR - creators/IP owners all-in : great game
Godzilla - creators/IP owners all-in : great game
RUSH - creators/IP owners all-in : looks like it’s gonna be a great game

This is what happens when you give a design team everything the IP has to offer and the freedom to use their talents to the fullest.

I think we are seeing a pattern here…this is great for pinball!

#1683 2 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

For the record, I am in with a Premium. First time for a NIB in my 8 year pin hobby. This theme is a winner for me. Other themes and games along the way have been great too, but this one pushed me over the edge.

Congratulations!! Hoping you don’t have to wait too long for that first NIB, but it looks like a game that is well worth the wait. Most excellent!!

#1684 2 years ago
Quoted from faceforward_007:

First LE for me, I never post on here but I'm pretty damn excited! Grew up on these guys, ride motorcycle, read Neil's books, Ghost Rider helped me through some trying times. Wasn't a fan of the cartoon band artwork buts it's grown on me. Dug the premium cab art since I'm from Northern Canada and the dark sky/snow hits home. LE art is amazing as well and the pro. Congrats to everyone involved, pretty sure you hit every fu#%ing nail on the head. I can't wait for this pin and really hope it brings a lot of excitement and joy to everyone else who's a Rush fan, pin enthusiast, or both. The last few years have been rough, so enjoy moments like these

Awesome! Totally with you. Ghost Rider helped me a ton as well. This is the theme of a life and of my lifetime as well.

#1685 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Congratulations!! Hoping you don’t have to wait too long for that first NIB, but it looks like a game that is well worth the wait. Most excellent!!

Thanks! I am told Feb. sometime, but if a little longer, oh well. Your spot on, well worth the wait to assume control of one.

#1686 2 years ago

Fu(k yeah man, everyone goes through sh!t in life but Neil really did well putting his struggles onto paper. I've read his other works and Ghost just responds to me so well. Hope you got the pin you wanted, and I hope you play the hell outta it!

Quoted from jpc211245:

Awesome! Totally with you. Ghost Rider helped me a ton as well. This is the theme of a life and of my lifetime as well.

#1687 2 years ago

What a shame the year on the time machine doesnt change..... Even Stern's own advertising indicates it should.

And those LED's on top!!!! What were they thinking?

rush (resized).jpgrush (resized).jpg
#1688 2 years ago

Cant remember if stream is this Friday? Thanks in advance

#1689 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Cant remember if stream is this Friday? Thanks in advance

See my post above.

#1690 2 years ago
Quoted from faceforward_007:

Fu(k yeah man, everyone goes through sh!t in life but Neil really did well putting his struggles onto paper. I've read his other works and Ghost just responds to me so well. Hope you got the pin you wanted, and I hope you play the hell outta it!

Thanks! First LE ever!

“Why are we here, because we’re here”

#1691 2 years ago

Has any seen any pics of the lighted art blades for the premium yet?

#1692 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:What a shame the year on the time machine doesnt change..... Even Stern's own advertising indicates it should.
And those LED's on top!!!! What were they thinking? [quoted image]

If you squint your eyes, those LEDs will sorta look like old-timey vacuum tubes or something. Ha!

I’ll bet the mod community comes up with some options. Some sort of EL wire that emulates the shape of the tube atop Stange Science could look pretty neato.

#1693 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

“Why are we here, because we’re here”

Is this a Rush lyric?

Is it supposed to contain wisdom?

#1694 2 years ago

From Roll the bones

#1695 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

Given Australia got 10 percent of the IMDN LEs and is a huge non-US market for Stern, it will be interesting to see what our allocation is on Rush.
Looks like a good player but as always, code is key. If it’s the same programmer as the guy who did LZ, then the Rush fans will be in for a treat. Deep but not overwhelmingly so, and incredible fun

Yeah but IM has a significant following here, we can’t say that for RUSH, hence the way I framed what I said.

Quoted from cooked71:

Had such a good time with AerosmithLE - this reminds me alot of that. No interest in the band at all, except that it's good music. Probably better than Aerosmith. Good music for pinball.
And I havent had a new Borg game for a while - as good as Elwin is, the games do feel a little samey - like all designers. Sometimes you just need a good Borg bash toy, scoops, metal ramps, drops, and a decent amount of flow without too much.

Yeah enough Mark. I've never that much of a Borg fan, with the one major exception of TWD. That title is a permanent one in collection. I couldn't come at a band theme I'm not into to the degree of Rush. I'd probably be a better chance of GNR and I still won't have one due being so over their music.

#1696 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

If you squint your eyes, those LEDs will sorta look like old-timey vacuum tubes or something. Ha!
I’ll bet the mod community comes up with some options. Some sort of EL wire that emulates the shape of the tube atop Stange Science could look pretty neato.

Yeh, easy mod. If you didnt know pinball I guess you'd think they were OK.

Hopefully someone can also mod the time machine with a nice LCD display with the year on it.

#1697 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Worse than Zeppelin? Really?
As one of the resident art critics, the only thing I can say is I don't like the cartoon depictions of the band on the playfield, but overall the rest looks okay to me. Hardly the worst ever.

Zeppelin’s playfield are is better and the cab art is lazy.
I feel, Rush playfield is not attractive and the

Quoted from jwilson:

Worse than Zeppelin? Really?
As one of the resident art critics, the only thing I can say is I don't like the cartoon depictions of the band on the playfield, but overall the rest looks okay to me. Hardly the worst ever.

Comparatively, Zeppelin's cab art is lazy and the playfield art is better than Rush. Rush's artwork looks like something you find at a carnival airbrush booth. It's not my style and I would think Stern would have a better eye for this. Its not like Stern puts out ugly machines, but the last two music themes have art issues. Again, just my opinion...there seem to be a lot of 'sensitive' Rush fans here that are getting emotionally disturbed and overly defensive of what I thought was an accurate take on the artwork. I just think they could have done a hell of a lot better that's all.

#1698 2 years ago

From the only guy in the world to play Jersey Jacks Aerosmith.....

#1699 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

From the only guy in the world to play Jersey Jacks Aerosmith.....

#1700 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Yeah but IM has a significant following here, we can’t say that for RUSH, hence the way I put it.

100% agree Our_Man_in_Oz . Will be really interesting to see how much interest in the game down here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
8,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, NH
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com
Unisex
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
9,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Algonquin, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/34?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.