20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 89.
#1601 2 years ago

New contest. Name the date and the price that the first Rush LE shows up on Pinside.

#1602 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Wondering how AMD being close for holidays till next Monday may affect this Mark, or if they actually took an allocation based on it being Rush. You're the first guy here I've heard here who's been half keen on one.

Quoted from Chambo:

Given Australia got 10 percent of the IMDN LEs and is a huge non-US market for Stern, it will be interesting to see what our allocation is on Rush.
Looks like a good player but as always, code is key. If it’s the same programmer as the guy who did LZ, then the Rush fans will be in for a treat. Deep but not overwhelmingly so, and incredible fun

Had such a good time with AerosmithLE - this reminds me alot of that. No interest in the band at all, except that it's good music. Probably better than Aerosmith. Good music for pinball.

And I havent had a new Borg game for a while - as good as Elwin is, the games do feel a little samey - like all designers. Sometimes you just need a good Borg bash toy, scoops, metal ramps, drops, and a decent amount of flow without too much.

#1603 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

New contest. Name the date and the price that the first Rush LE shows up on Pinside.

Hmm might be me I’m thinking 15 would be fair.

#1604 2 years ago

How is that "fair"? That's close to 3k over msrp including tax. Fair would be using spooky's model with a larger quantity and let the buyer decide which model they want. Then maybe this BS flipping ends and buyers get what they really want. I would think Stern would ultimately make more money as well.

#1605 2 years ago

No accessories from Stern this time? Didn’t see the usual video.

#1606 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

How is that "fair"? That's close to 3k over msrp including tax. Fair would be using spooky's model with a larger quantity and let the buyer decide which model they want. Then maybe this BS flipping ends and buyers get what they really want. I would think Stern would ultimately make more money as well.

Well I really want a Metallica LE and that is even more then RUSH when looking at MSRP.

#1607 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Well I really want a Metallica LE and that is even more then RUSH when looking at MSRP.

I'm talking about the first run.. after that stern can make whatever they want. I get the exclusivity of a model or run, but its kinda misleading when we have, roadcase, vaults, cartoon, purple 40th, royal edition, ruby red, etc... it never ends. They can sell true "limiteds runs" like Elvira, but to limit what customers want never made any sense to me. And right now they can't even make enough GZs. Or DP, or STh, or all the other pins that people want. It's great to have all this business, but by the time I see a GZ premium, Venom, Bond, and Sopranos will be out.

The Met LE ship sailed years ago. I'd like a F40 but my guess is it's above MSRP now.

#1608 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Welp, guess I didn't get my deposit in fast enough and now I'm out of a spot. FUCKING PISSED is an understatement.

There are many in this camp, including me.

#1609 2 years ago

This layout looks very fun and approachable to the casual player which is a good thing, at least in my house.

#1610 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Yes, I've started to see the wrong shift here the last couple of games with the LE buying. More people wanting LE's (more than just the fans) and probably for the wrong reasons to try & make money or worried about money and it seems less about the actual game. There's not enough LE's for the fans who truly want them & it sure feels like there needs to be. Even some distributors not calling like they used to because they may know 'investors' are involved and they'll easily be able to sell them. Could be bad for pinball. Personally? I'm loving the Pro on this one! Very well done & appears to be more of a player's choice. I bet it hold's good value in the future too. I wish the Pro on all new releases was this easy of a decision!

#1611 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Disclaimer:
I like some Rush songs. Not a buyer of this game. Will play on location. But seriously, Angus just lost the top spot for ugliest playfield.
Downvote away !!
[quoted image]

Nah, Angus looked like a giant decal covering up a missing feature...and, it didn't match with the photo clips that made up the rest of the art package. The cartoon Rush guys don't look great, but they're smaller and don't look like they're hiding something.

#1612 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

It was a total thrill for me to work on this project. Sort of impossible to put in to words actually...
To be asked by my favourite band to help oversee the creation of a Pinball Machine, my Favourite THING??!!
It was an absolute pleasure to work with Ged, and Al on this project. They KILLED it during the Callouts recording session. I think everybody is going to LOVE what they hear. An insane amount of callouts from the guys... oh ya, not to mention almost TWO HOURS of music?!?!
Borg put his Heart and Soul in to it.
The song list was an absolute blast to come up with. We were never going to please everybody, but TRUST ME... I'm a bigger Rush Nerd than YOU! I KNOW there are songs that aren't there that should be, but I truly believe there are ZERO songs ON the list that Shouldn't Be! The goal was to populate the game with BANGERS. Fill it with songs that would compliment the energy of pinball. I think we struck a really good balance.
My hat is off to the entire Stern team. Working with Jody on licensing, Borg on Design, Greg and Michael on the Art, Tim on Rules, Zach on Marketing etc etc. Everybody there gives a shit about every little decision, and the care and attention they put in to each is astounding! I had conversations with Gomez, Dave Peterson, John Buscaglia etc etc... At EVERY LEVEL the company is pushing to give the project what it needs to be successful.
As a Pinball Fanatic it was INCREDIBLE to be part of the whole process.
I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I loved being a part of making it.
Thanks for all of the early positive feedback. It was a labour of love, and I really think it will show.

What part did you play in the design? Great write up . Less that missing Info

#1613 2 years ago

I wish the Pro on all new releases was this easy of a decision!

I agree with all your points and the pro looks great, but let's be honest you're buying a pro at the relatively recent price of the premium. Good news is at least it feels like we are getting a similar product for the same price point.

#1614 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:Disclaimer:
I like some Rush songs. Not a buyer of this game. Will play on location. But seriously, Angus just lost the top spot for ugliest playfield.
Downvote away !!
[quoted image]

Nah, thats just trolling - nothing is worse than that ACDC Pro face.

#1615 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I do love the spooky model. Halloween is my first title and the CE is what I opted for. A lot there for the price.

#1616 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I agree with all your points and the pro looks great, but let's be honest you're buying a pro at the rekatively recent price of the premium. Good news is at least it feels like we are getting a similar product for the sane price point.

Absolutely, it feels good and Stern wins either way! but boy.. $12.4 out the door for an LE? that wouldn't feel good at all! Pro it is this time.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1617 2 years ago

As much as I'd love to get a Rush pin...I'm really glad I jumped on the CCrLE bandwagon.

#1618 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I agree with all your points and the pro looks great, but let's be honest you're buying a pro at the relatively recent price of the premium. Good news is at least it feels like we are getting a similar product for the same price point.

I'm so psyched about the Pro on this release. Like my (Borg) Aero the main toy is included on the Pro, unlike LZ where you had to go Prem/LE to get it. I dig all 3 art packages again unlike LZ where I only liked the LE. Can't wait to see it flipped on Friday! Nice work John, Ed and all.

#1619 2 years ago

I'm just bummed that I'm at CES and Stern won't be here so I can give it a flip. lol

#1620 2 years ago

No, it's not really a price increase. It's Canadian Dollars!

Looking for an LE...still. If anyone backs out, please PM me.

#1621 2 years ago

Hi All, I am having trouble getting an idea of one feature that is only on the LE and Premium. The feature is called "Expression Lighting System™ - 96 intelligent RGB LEDs enables full color spectrum control; synchronized & adjustable, responsive to game events".

This appears to be a band of lights around the inside of the cabinet.

I know this can be added to the Pro, but does the Pro come with white lights (not the 96 color), and are they responsive to the game events?

Trying to get a feel for which one I might prefer, and how much I would prefer it.

Thanks!

#1622 2 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

I know this can be added to the Pro, but does the Pro come with white lights (not the 96 color), and are they responsive to the game events?

Edit: I'm a dumb ass and read the question wrong

#1623 2 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Hi All, I am having trouble getting an idea of one feature that is only on the LE and Premium. The feature is called "Expression Lighting System™ - 96 intelligent RGB LEDs enables full color spectrum control; synchronized & adjustable, responsive to game events".
Trying to get a feel for which one I might prefer, and how much I would prefer it.
Thanks!

The Expression lights are the same no matter which machine it's in.

#1624 2 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Quoted from Only_Pinball:

No, It has no lights

According to the feature matrix, the expression kit is available for both Pro and Premium. Says it is "96 intelligent RGBs", so assume it would be full color, not just white, but matrix could wrong.

#1625 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

I was daydreaming about a Phish Gamehendge pin the other day.

Gamehenge would work perfect for pinball. I love this idea.

#1626 2 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Thanks!

Actually, something very important.. The Premium -does not- come with Expression lighting. More the reason I like the Pro. With LZ the Premium did come with it.. so whether you buy a Pro or a Premium.. if you want this feature? It's extra.

#1627 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

According to the feature matrix, the expression kit is available for both Pro and Premium. Says it is "96 intelligent RGBs", so assume it would be full color, not just white, but matrix could wrong.

You are correct. They are full color and coded quite well with the tracks on LZ.
Imagine it will be similar with Rush as an add on.

#1628 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The Premium with some colored powdercoating options...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These all look amazing, the Premium definitely lends itself the best out of the 3 to a custom Color armor given it's less busy art package...

I love the icy grey followed by the snow white

I had an LE in my cart multiple times today, surprisingly easy right at the beginning but passed as I'm not a die hard fan and thought it would be better served to someone really wanting it. With Toy Story on the way ,eventually, and deposits on GZ and DP , I have to be really picky now, only room for 3 more in current lineup for 9 total.

#1629 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I'm in on an LE and couldn't be more excited. Rush and VH have been my favorite bands since I was 13 years old.

That's funny.....same with me.

#1630 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

You can hear all about it on the Stern Insider Podcast I did with Nate. The list was chosen by Ged, Al and myself. It was a SUPER fun process. I asked them to come up with 20 BANGERS that would work well for Pinball. When we compared our lists, we each had FIFTEEN of the same songs chosen! So, I knew that was the Golden list, then we had a shootout to determine what else would make it in the game between our remaining songs. It was surreal!

15 common …. 16 in the games …. 4 more for Insider Connected Download ???????

#1631 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Well...
In that case, I guess a Borg 3 flipper design is destined to be a POS.

Yikes... Lol. I guess that's one way to look at it?

Anyway, I love TFTC and I think this pin looks great too. I like Borg's pins, so I'm happy for all who want to enjoy this as well. Cheers!

#1632 2 years ago

Just a game or a world of fantasy in a rock & roll machine?
A little magic power makes it better than it seems.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1633 2 years ago

My distributor failed me for the first time ever, so no LE I guess. If anyone has a tip for a distributor selling one at MSRP send me a pm. Honestly having big Xmen vibes on the playfield so I am not really crying over losing out. Might get a premium later down the road.

#1634 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Lots of kind of purple, from Batman purple to deep purple, but here are some colors. Any of these with a metal flake should look pretty boss IRL.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I thought the LE siderails were cut-out guitars?

#1635 2 years ago

I think I’m going bald

#1636 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

EDIT: Went back and re-did the LEs with the guitar cutout I didn't pick up on the side rails. Made them overall darker colors so the guitar reads better.

I did a rust one, too, that I think matches the steampunk aesthetic really well.

RUSH-LE-rust.pngRUSH-LE-rust.png
#1637 2 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Just a game or a world of fantasy in a rock & roll machine?
A little magic power makes it better than it seems.

that's the other great Canadian power trio ....

#1638 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The LE side rails are bad ass!

#1639 2 years ago

First I love Rush. I've been to more Rush concerts than any other band in my life (so far). With a catalog of music that spans multiple decades it would be very hard to grab samples from them all..... that said this looks like a tribute to early Rush. I like early Rush, some real classics, but it is missing some other great hits from later in their careers and honestly I felt like that was a miss (for me at least- I totally get others will be in love with the art and songs picked) .... I also don't see the LE as the best of the art package ....it's sort of weird, uncomfortable even, I like the pin in general / concept but I wanted to like it even more....so far it feels like a wait and see, not the got to have, I expected it to be. Anyone else feel the same-ish?

#1640 2 years ago

I own a Metallica not sure Borg can beat that and at the price i'm out but this game does look promising for a rush fan and someone who does not own a Borg game yet.

#1641 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yes.. people compare Rush to Tron, but it may compare better with X-men.

Yeah, I think it's closer to X-men, but the shots have been loosened up a bit (X-men has 4 shots from the right orbit to the center shot, Rush has 3) and the bottom area below the pop bumpers is re-arranged compared to X-men. But those are good changes, IMO. And no-crappy sight-blocking Ice bridge. I never found X-Men super-fun to play and with a little looser shot map, this should be better.

#1642 2 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

I think I’m going bald

Lol. I remember that song...

#1643 2 years ago

I've just now had time to take a detailed look at the million pictures on Stern's site for each of the three versions. I gotta say this game really looks awesome...especially the LE. Congrats to everyone getting one. Also, the band's level of interest shown in that video just backs up the obvious fact that Rush was a great license to work. Its obvious they were excited and really wanted to contribute to making the game better, rather than limiting Stern or tying there hands.

#1644 2 years ago

Ok who else but me sent the trailer to people even ( non pin heads ). I think “ Working Man” will get anyone hyped up no matter what.

#1645 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Also, the band's level of interest shown in that video just backs up the obvious fact that Rush was a great license to work. Its obvious they were excited and really wanted to contribute to making the game better, rather than limiting Stern or tying there hands.

Kind of like GNR was for JJP. Makes a huge difference!

#1646 2 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

I think I’m going bald

I was around when this came out...and now I'm saying the same thing

#1647 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:15 common …. 16 in the games …. 4 more for Insider Connected Download ???????

So is it 17 as originally shown, 16 per release today or is there actually more than 17 as was rumored last week?

Roll the Bones Mystery award mode has to have the song doesn’t it or at least a sound clip?

#1648 2 years ago

Question on the expression lighting: it claims 96 addressable RGB LEDs but I only count 24 on each side. Does each light “pill” have two separate LEDs in it? I originally thought it was upgraded from Zep but seems they also quoted 96 LEDs. Anybody know?

#1649 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Absolutely, it feels good and Stern wins either way! but boy.. $12.4 out the door for an LE? that wouldn't feel good at all! Pro it is this time.

$12.4? I thought it was $11.4, that's what I paid.

#1650 2 years ago

Had a roommate in college who was REALLY into Rush. Through him I listened to countless live albums and DVDs. I think the game is cool, a little shallow with the art and theme, but I'm excited to see gameplay on Friday. The shots feel nice, I just really wish there wasn't that "Dead End" shot to nowhere on the pro- definitely seems like they needed to cut costs so they took out the entire VUK. (Like the premium vs. pro on LZ) It seems like it would be really ungratifying- a tricky shot just to have it rebound back down the center of the playfield? Seems uninspired...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 35.00
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.