20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 89.
#1551 2 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Sorry, It's not my art. Just found the letter from the artist and posted it here. Wish I had that kind of talent. lol

Oh my bad…hit the keyboard too quick. I wish I had that level of talent as well

#1552 2 years ago

Eh, it’s inflated by the flippers. A LE is an easy $2k profit, maybe more in todays market. Many of us will remember several LEs from more marketable themes than this which sat for a long time.

Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Sort of like the days when Jeep execs thought that a 4-door Wrangler would “never sell”…
Sometimes as a consumer it feels good to say WE TOLD YOU SO !

#1553 2 years ago

It was a total thrill for me to work on this project. Sort of impossible to put in to words actually...

To be asked by my favourite band to help oversee the creation of a Pinball Machine, my Favourite THING??!!

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Ged, and Al on this project. They KILLED it during the Callouts recording session. I think everybody is going to LOVE what they hear. An insane amount of callouts from the guys... oh ya, not to mention almost TWO HOURS of music?!?!

Borg put his Heart and Soul in to it.

The song list was an absolute blast to come up with. We were never going to please everybody, but TRUST ME... I'm a bigger Rush Nerd than YOU! I KNOW there are songs that aren't there that should be, but I truly believe there are ZERO songs ON the list that Shouldn't Be! The goal was to populate the game with BANGERS. Fill it with songs that would compliment the energy of pinball. I think we struck a really good balance.

My hat is off to the entire Stern team. Working with Jody on licensing, Borg on Design, Greg and Michael on the Art, Tim on Rules, Zach on Marketing etc etc. Everybody there gives a shit about every little decision, and the care and attention they put in to each is astounding! I had conversations with Gomez, Dave Peterson, John Buscaglia etc etc... At EVERY LEVEL the company is pushing to give the project what it needs to be successful.

As a Pinball Fanatic it was INCREDIBLE to be part of the whole process.

I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I loved being a part of making it.

Thanks for all of the early positive feedback. It was a labour of love, and I really think it will show.

#1554 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

It was a total thrill for me to work on this project. Sort of impossible to put in to words actually...
To be asked by my favourite band to help oversee the creation of a Pinball Machine, my Favourite THING??!!

Thank you for coming to share this! Awesome stuff!

#1555 2 years ago

Any thoughts why 1978 plays such a prominent role in the artwork? It is on the time machine and the right RUSH standups. Hemispheres was released in 1978 and it looks like Cygnus X-1 (which spanned A Farewell to Kings and Hemispheres) are two of the mini-wizard modes, with 2112 possibly being the main wizard mode. Any other ideas?

Probably just a random date, but interesting to speculate...

#1556 2 years ago

Welp, guess I didn't get my deposit in fast enough and now I'm out of a spot. FUCKING PISSED is an understatement.

#1557 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Ged, and Al on this project. They KILLED it during the Callouts recording session. I think everybody is going to LOVE what they hear. An insane amount of callouts from the guys... oh ya, not to mention almost TWO HOURS of music?!?!

Dude, your living the dream we all wish we could. If it plays half as good as it looks you have helped create a masterpiece.

#1558 2 years ago

you ever notice how all these new pins have 2 flippers at the bottom... AND two outlanes??? ONE ON EACH SIDE??
what a ripoff, totally stole that idea

#1559 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Welp, guess I didn't get my deposit in fast enough and now I'm out of a spot. FUCKING PISSED is an understatement.

Dude that sux!

#1560 2 years ago

Missed out on the LE, but in on the Premium. I haven't been this excited about a pinball machine in . . . well, ever.

#1561 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

The song list was an absolute blast to come up with. We were never going to please everybody, but TRUST ME... I'm a bigger Rush Nerd than YOU! I KNOW there are songs that aren't there that should be, but I truly believe there are ZERO songs ON the list that Shouldn't Be! The goal was to populate the game with BANGERS. Fill it with songs that would compliment the energy of pinball. I think we struck a really good balance.
My hat is off to the entire Stern team. Working with Jody on licensing, Borg on Design, Greg and Michael on the Art, Tim on Rules, Zach on Marketing etc etc. Everybody there gives a shit about every little decision, and the care and attention they put in to each is astounding! I had conversations with Gomez, Dave Peterson, John Buscaglia etc etc... At EVERY LEVEL the company is pushing to give the project what it needs to be successful.
Thanks for all of the early positive feedback. It was a labour of love, and I really think it will show.

Hopefully Stern gave you an LE to put into your old apartment.

#1562 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Amazing and congrats! Who made the final decision on the song selections? Excellent list ..just curious.

#1563 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Hopefully Stern gave you an LE to put into your old apartment.

I hope he has some buddies to help him bring it in…forty-two stairs from the street…

#1564 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I hope it changes to a new date with a song from that year.

That's what I was hoping for as well

#1565 2 years ago

Meh....next

#1566 2 years ago

in on a Prem in time for the April delivery. last Prem my dealer had available for the April run

#1567 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Amazing and congrats! Who made the final decision on the song selections?

You can hear all about it on the Stern Insider Podcast I did with Nate. The list was chosen by Ged, Al and myself. It was a SUPER fun process. I asked them to come up with 20 BANGERS that would work well for Pinball. When we compared our lists, we each had FIFTEEN of the same songs chosen! So, I knew that was the Golden list, then we had a shootout to determine what else would make it in the game between our remaining songs. It was surreal!

#1568 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Thank you so much Ed for the labor of love!!! Alex told me he and Ged were doing callouts, but I didn’t know you were at the board! I couldn’t have asked for more.

#1569 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

This is the part that really bothers me about this hobby…the people who truly want an LE and would truly appreciate it for what it is, can’t get one for a fair price. Sorry to see this.

#1570 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

That’s great to hear about Godzilla Pro! At first glance it looks to be missing a lot but I’m gland it plays well! Have to check it now.

I played the GZ pro alot. The premium flows alot better with the Mechzilla shot and magnet grab. Premium is the way. GZ pro is brutal hard. Very difficult to start a mb and complete a mode. But very addictive for experienced pinhead.

My only concern with rush is the code and callouts. Please be deep.

#1571 2 years ago

The Premium with some colored powdercoating options...
RUSH-PREM-white.pngRUSH-PREM-white.pngRUSH-PREM-blue.pngRUSH-PREM-blue.pngRUSH-PREM-gray.pngRUSH-PREM-gray.pngRUSH-PREM-purple.pngRUSH-PREM-purple.pngRUSH-PREM-red.pngRUSH-PREM-red.png

#1572 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Every one of those colors look good to me .Thanks PinMonk

#1573 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Thanks so much, Ed! Seriously can see your passion coming through here.. Bigtime & can't wait to play it!

We'll all have a pin soon that's Barenaked Ladies approved!!

#1574 2 years ago

Yep, looks sharp. Good options.

#1575 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Every one of those colors look good to me .Thanks PinMonk

I was kind of unexpectedly partial to the icy gray.

#1576 2 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Thank you so much Ed for the labor of love!!! Alex told me he and Ged were doing callouts, but I didn’t know you were at the board! I couldn’t have asked for more.

So Mr Gouveia ,are we going to see a mod or two for Rush ?

#1577 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

You can hear all about it on the Stern Insider Podcast I did with Nate. The list was chosen by Ged, Al and myself. It was a SUPER fun process. I asked them to come up with 20 BANGERS that would work well for Pinball. When we compared our lists, we each had FIFTEEN of the same songs chosen! So, I knew that was the Golden list, then we had a shootout to determine what else would make it in the game between our remaining songs. It was surreal!

Awesome job!! Can’t wait until it’s arrival

#1578 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

That sounds like an unreal experience and I can't wait to play one! It definitely sounds like a labor of love for all involved and I have no doubts that it will be a great pin because of it.

Hopefully Stern will utilize you on future music pins. I would love to see you do a new Dolly pin. I've been missing mine since I sold it to you a number of years ago but I know that you're someone that would appreciate it!

#1579 2 years ago
Quoted from fswanson24:

Game looks awesome!! I'm also glad to read STERN is doing this.
In memory of Neil Peart, Stern Pinball is supporting the Neil Peart Research Award sponsored by the Glioblastoma Foundation as it researches cures for this
deadly brain cancer.

My Dad died of the same cancer. I'm glad this will be a positive thing from it.

#1580 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I was kind of unexpectedly partial to the icy gray.

I like that the best with some snow -white airbrushed in to match the cab.

#1581 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

As usual the Premium is the most mediocre art package.
At first glance it reminded me of:

You Rush LE guys must be over the moon.
The game itself looks fantastic. Vintage Borg all the way and will play just as good as it looks.
Very very tempted by an LE - almost feel obligated to get one because Australia may be the only place on earth they’re not sold out.

Wondering how AMD being close for holidays till next Monday may affect this Mark, or if they actually took an allocation based on it being Rush. You're the first guy here I've heard here who's been half keen on one.

#1582 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

No!! I had an LE in my cart this morning, but after thinking about and it and even though i like Rush very much i had to let it go to a real hardcore fan, so I bailed. I wish i could of passed it to you brother!

#1583 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

So Mr Gouveia ,are we going to see a mod or two for Rush ?

Ha! I’ve gotta play the game for awhile before I even start thinking of that. But I do have something coming I think you’re going to love.

#1584 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You do this yet for the pro?

#1585 2 years ago

Really dumb question here but I keep seeing the pro pictured with the red connected card on apron and qr reader.

They give you a rule card or decal to cover that for us who don’t care about that stuff? Looks a little janky.

#1586 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I have a ton of “if I had a million dollars” puns racing through my head right now… but most involve Stern pricing

Nice job with your involvement and getting this project off the ground! Even without playing you can see that this was a passion project! Kudos to you

#1587 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Really dumb question here but I keep seeing the pro pictured with the red connected card on apron and qr reader.
They give you a rule card or decal to cover that for us who don’t care about that stuff? Looks a little janky.

No, but I hope space coast pinball is working on cover ups like he did for Godzilla

#1588 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No, but I hope space coast pinball is working on cover ups like he did for Godzilla

Didn’t see those but yes, they are needed!

#1589 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Where did you play this machine at?

I played most of those plays were at a local pinball show and the rest of the plays were at my local dealer showroom.

#1590 2 years ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

I played most of those plays were at a local pinball show and the rest of the plays were at my local dealer showroom.

I think he means where did you play the JJP version.

#1591 2 years ago

Well...

In that case, I guess a Borg 3 flipper design is destined to be a POS.

#1592 2 years ago

significance of 1978 = Hemispheres tour?

#1593 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Wondering how AMD being close for holidays till next Monday may affect this Mark, or if they actually took an allocation based on it being Rush. You're the first guy here I've heard here who's been half keen on one.

Given Australia got 10 percent of the IMDN LEs and is a huge non-US market for Stern, it will be interesting to see what our allocation is on Rush.

Looks like a good player but as always, code is key. If it’s the same programmer as the guy who did LZ, then the Rush fans will be in for a treat. Deep but not overwhelmingly so, and incredible fun

#1594 2 years ago

Disclaimer:

I like some Rush songs. Not a buyer of this game. Will play on location. But seriously, Angus just lost the top spot for ugliest playfield.

Downvote away !!

Stern-ACDC-010512-051 (resized).jpgStern-ACDC-010512-051 (resized).jpg

#1595 2 years ago

I'm wondering the same thing and expressed interest in an LE months ago to AMD, but they aren't working today so I'm not sure what they'll come back with or when.

Hopefully they check in.

Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

#1596 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

As usual the Premium is the most mediocre art package.
At first glance it reminded me of:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
You Rush LE guys must be over the moon.
The game itself looks fantastic. Vintage Borg all the way and will play just as good as it looks.
Very very tempted by an LE - almost feel obligated to get one because Australia may be the only place on earth they’re not sold out.

Nope, Try UK

#1597 2 years ago

Anyone notice how tight all the shots are? I’m pretty excited about that.1CE79A1E-DA53-4E09-9D2F-538A44A40C8B (resized).jpeg1CE79A1E-DA53-4E09-9D2F-538A44A40C8B (resized).jpeg

#1598 2 years ago

I wish we could send the Playfield to cliffy. Need on those 2 scoops!

#1599 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Anyone notice how tight all the shots are? I’m pretty excited about that.

Yes.. people compare Rush to Tron, but it may compare better with X-men.

#1600 2 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

significance of 1978 = Hemispheres tour?

How about 81 and 83 as shown on premium and Le backglass?

Is that tours or albums released those years?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.