20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 89.
#1501 2 years ago

They could have at least used Geddy's famous Richenbacker 4001 bass in the artwork some where.

#1502 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The cab on the Premium looks lazy compared to the Pro and LE, but the total packages on all three are not terrible, and the LE is really great. Nothing as embarrassing as the LZ packages.

Yeah, def the LE is the one to snag if your a rush fan.
Foil cab a bonus.
Beats LZ art.

#1503 2 years ago

He had the Rick, a 72 Jazz and I believe played a Wal for a while.
Hard to point as one as his signature axe but to me it’s always been the black 72 jazz.

blockquote cite="#6693455">They could have at least used Geddy's famous Richenbacker 4001 bass in the artwork some where.

#1504 2 years ago

It's really cool to see the comradery between Alex, Geddy & Ed. It does make everything about the game more interesting and believe it will translate to more fun in the gameplay.

#1505 2 years ago

Borg indeed knocked this one out of the park! His passion for Rush shines here! Love how he lifts the pinball off the PF all over the place.

#1506 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

It's really cool to see the comradery between Alex, Geddy & Ed. It does make everything about the game more interesting and believe it will translate to more fun in the gameplay.

Ya - all Toronto boys

Ed has a massive pin collection

Borg is a big Rush fan

There was definitely some love put into this machine

#1507 2 years ago

So does X-Men.

#1509 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The cab on the Premium looks lazy compared to the Pro and LE, but the total packages on all three are not terrible, and the LE is really great. Nothing as embarrassing as the LZ packages.

Just for giggles, can you work your photoshop magic and put some different powdercoat on the le? Curious how purple would look

#1510 2 years ago

The expression lighting on LZ was well done and good to see it can be an option for a pro again.
Nicely done package across all models.

#1511 2 years ago

and TMNT

#1512 2 years ago

Before playing it I just need to know which songs are instrumentals or have long intros.

#1513 2 years ago

Just read the artists story too.. this game & crew is like a breathe of fresh air!

http://www.sunburndesigns.com/about/

#1514 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Before playing it I just need to know which songs are instrumentals or have long intros.

Pretty much all of these songs have long instrumental sections but I believe La Villa Strangiato is the only complete instrumental on the list.

#1515 2 years ago

Solid looking game all around, looking forward to playing it on location. The pro looks to be a great value, not a whole lot missing from the premium/LE

Step in the right direction as far as art and number of songs after the abomination that was LZ.

#1516 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

Pretty much all of these songs have long instrumental sections but I believe La Villa Strangiato is the only complete instrumental on the list.

Except for the blah blah blah or ‘still no guitar’ parts.

#1517 2 years ago

Guess I am part of the minority in thinking art is a bit questionable but whatever. Rush fans seem to be very happy so that's cool. I like Borg games and games with upper flippers so probably a lot of fun to play.

#1518 2 years ago

Kinda wish they offered magnetic side art kits so if I was an LE owner I could buy the Pro side art kit and just magnetically slap it on for a change of pace, then remove it in seconds if I want to change it up again.

#1519 2 years ago

Should have just slapped this pic on the playfield

rush (resized).jpgrush (resized).jpg
#1520 2 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Just wait till Christmas 2022 when Black Sabbath is released. 15k easy for an LE.

Here I thought I was done with rock pins and you post this up.

In on Ozzy even if it is bad as Zep!

#1521 2 years ago

On the Pinball Magazine website I published the Gary Stern e-mail to distributors with a few hi-res images of the LE and Pro playfield: https://www.pinball-magazine.com/

Although I'm not familiar with the music of RUSH, thislooks like an interesting layout. Hope to play it soon.

#1522 2 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

On the Pinball Magazine website I published the Gary Stern e-mail to distributors with a few hi-res images of the LE and Pro playfield: https://www.pinball-magazine.com/
Although I'm not familiar with the music of RUSH, thislooks like an interesting layout. Hope to play it soon.

Well...start with a mullet Jean jacket and a pleasure pack

#1523 2 years ago

Does anybody know anything about Bob Baffy? Were the sound effects on Led Zeppelin awesome?

#1524 2 years ago

With the diverter to both flippers working for both ramps, this game has a tremendous amount of combo possibility, more than X-Men even. A few more with the vuk on the Prem/le.

#1525 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Should have just slapped this pic on the playfield
[quoted image]

Idk..Looks like a picture nasa would take

#1526 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

If anyone knows or has a LE available please pm me ASAP.
Thanks

I'll sell you mine for $16,000

#1527 2 years ago

Just passed on my LE from my distributor so someone else on the list could have it. Really sucks, but I have 0 room and still have CCR LE coming. Congrats to all those that are going to get in on any version - can't wait to play one in the wild or own one sometime down the road!

#1528 2 years ago

Hoping for a Neil's Mustache Multiball....

Neil2 (resized).jpgNeil2 (resized).jpg
#1529 2 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:Just passed on my LE from my distributor so someone else on the list could have it. Really sucks, but I have 0 room and still have CCR LE coming. Congrats to all those that are going to get in on any version - can't wait to play one in the wild or own one sometime down the road!

Good people like you on Pinside...

#1530 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Really?
It’s the Premium guys I feel sorry for.
It’s awful.
The Pro and LE are fine.
Art, subjective though….

Funny how art can be that way. I can see why you like the LE...but I actually purposely bailed on it for the Premium instead (and I think my eyes still work).

The premium art package feels more like Rush in terms of the space theming and coloring to me. Serious 2112 & 70's Rush vibes going on here which I love vs Clockwork Angels/recent tours theme vibes.

Also those LE colors are all over the place and just do not raise the blood pressure at all. Don't love the backglass as it somehow gives me vibes of Transporter (probably the ugliest System 11). Interestingly the pro has the best translite/backglass art me thinks. Look at the premium in the premium feature video and it really pops and looks cool (screenshot below).

Overall this looks to me like a pinball Williams might have made in the 90's — which for me is the ultimate compliment. Another big win for Stern. Now I have to find $$$ to get this, Godzilla, Beatles, and hopefully Stranger Things eventually. Gonna need a bigger boat!

Premium Cabinet from Video (resized).pngPremium Cabinet from Video (resized).png
#1531 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

They could have at least used Geddy's famous Richenbacker 4001 bass in the artwork some where.

Hopefully they're saving that for Motörhead...

#1532 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Kinda wish they offered magnetic side art kits so if I was an LE owner I could buy the Pro side art kit and just magnetically slap it on for a change of pace, then remove it in seconds if I want to change it up again.

Cool idea. Eventually maybe the art will just a high res screen with an image you could refresh. One day that may be cheaper than decals or screen printing.

#1533 2 years ago

Am I the only one that has noticed that Stern has removed the expression lighting for the premium model (as it was on Led Zeppelin) and now only offers it on the LE. IMHO... this is enough for me to hold off on any new stern purchases. We understood the price increase but now they are removing features. Very disappointing in the least.

A no buy for me....!
RK

#1534 2 years ago

If there is no on-screen footage of Time Stands Still video with a floating tank top-clad Neil Peart…I’m out.

#1535 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

If there is no on-screen footage of Time Stands Still video with a floating tank top-clad Neil Peart…I’m out.

I had told a friend if they did Force Ten as one of the songs they could have incorporated something like whirlwind pinball does

#1536 2 years ago

I'm in on an LE and couldn't be more excited. Rush and VH have been my favorite bands since I was 13 years old.

#1537 2 years ago

Been checked out all day so sorry if this has been brought up already, but the layout really reminds me of Tron with better space utilization and a higher BOM. I think this game's gonna kick ass, and I'm not really a Rush fan at all. Side by side for the lazy:

Rushing to the grid (resized).pngRushing to the grid (resized).png
#1538 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I had told a friend if they did Force Ten as one of the songs they could have incorporated something like whirlwind pinball does

Hahahaha, that’s great. So much fun to be had with this title.

#1539 2 years ago

No Gangster of Boats Trilogy, Part IV, no choice then, I'm out!

#1540 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just for giggles, can you work your photoshop magic and put some different powdercoat on the le? Curious how purple would look

Lots of kind of purple, from Batman purple to deep purple, but here are some colors. Any of these with a metal flake should look pretty boss IRL.

RUSH-LE-teal.pngRUSH-LE-teal.pngRUSH-LE-yellow.pngRUSH-LE-yellow.pngRUSH-LE-blue.pngRUSH-LE-blue.pngRUSH-LE-purple.pngRUSH-LE-purple.pngRUSH-LE-lightbluepearl.pngRUSH-LE-lightbluepearl.pngRUSH-LE-rust.pngRUSH-LE-rust.pngRUSH-LE-orange.pngRUSH-LE-orange.png
#1541 2 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

A pinball journalist could-should look into the familiarity and popularity of Rush in Europe. And whether Stern has over-estimated this. Cause this has been head-scratcher up here in the north for the past month. No one (almost) knows this band. Not that theme matters in Pinball. Oh no.

Besides everything else. This pinball looks like a great layout. Happy to see the Pro has so much to give.

#1542 2 years ago

As usual the Premium is the most mediocre art package.

At first glance it reminded me of:

C3B3E37C-1A31-4E72-8EAA-BE0F4B1DFD09 (resized).jpegC3B3E37C-1A31-4E72-8EAA-BE0F4B1DFD09 (resized).jpeg
C68C309D-1BB4-4B2D-AE36-C458E5F2A88A (resized).pngC68C309D-1BB4-4B2D-AE36-C458E5F2A88A (resized).png

You Rush LE guys must be over the moon.

The game itself looks fantastic. Vintage Borg all the way and will play just as good as it looks.

Very very tempted by an LE - almost feel obligated to get one because Australia may be the only place on earth they’re not sold out.

#1543 2 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Been checked out all day so sorry if this has been brought up already, but the layout really reminds me of Tron with better space utilization and a higher BOM. I think this game's gonna kick ass, and I'm not really a Rush fan at all. Side by side for the lazy:
[quoted image]

Awesome comparison.. It's kinda like Tron with a diverter for the ramps and has drop targets! The other day I was wondering if Tron had drop targets? and wasn't sure.. now will have the best of both worlds. It's gonna play amazing & fast!

#1544 2 years ago

I love the way that Stern subtly changed the art on the left and right side of the cabinets on the LE AND on the premium. They could have sold out and went with the 100% mirror image, but they didn't. Really happy about that. Also, the foil look on the LE really intrigues me. They did it on Godzilla LE, Batman SLE and on Elvira 40. Pictures never do it justice - really looking forward to seeing it in person.

As a side note, I think the LE went up in price, not only due to the flippers getting top dollar on previous LE's, but because this is the first game with Insider Connected, Foil art, and the Expression Lighting system all together.

#1545 2 years ago

I’m in no RUSH to buy this… I’ll get my coat..

But I have to say, these price increases, some of the money doe seem to have filtered down into the BOM of the games..

I’m looking forward to BOND reveal!

#1546 2 years ago

Amazing that for years people told me a Rush pin would never sell against my arguing there should be one. Stern sells out all 1000 of the LE edition @ $11k each within an hour. Guess I'll be looking to pick up a Premium now.

#1547 2 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

A letter from the artist. Learn more here: http://www.sunburndesigns.com/about/
So the time has come - I can Finally share a huge project I’ve been working on! The latest Stern Pinball release - for RUSH!!!
Quick backstory on this one…..over the years I’d reached out to Stern in hopes of working on a pinball machine design with them. Usually I never would hear back. And then in 2020 I got a call from the art director. He said if I wanted a crack at the next release, they were going to have 4 or 5 artists submit their ideas/rough art for their next big rock themed release. After signing a non disclosure I was told it would be for Rush! I found out on my birthday in Aug of 2020 that I got the gig.
I’ll be honest - I knew who Rush was, but I was never a huge fan….they’re just slightly before my time. But once I started the project I had to dive in - I watched documentaries, videos, read as many articles as I could, etc. I really liked what I heard!
Anyway, I spent a year working on all the custom art for the game - 3 games actually, the pro, premium and limited Edition. Plus the Playfield, all the cabinet art, plastics and a million other pieces that go into these!
I was also put in touch with a guy named Ed. I was told Ed was a Canadian musician and good friends with the band. He was helpful conveying ideas to the band and he’s a huge pinball enthusiast. Turns out - Ed is the singer for Barenaked Ladies!!!
Some of my friends will remember that I took a trip to Chicago last summer…..it was actually to visit the Stern Plant and meet the crew. What an amazing group of people. Seriously - if you knew all the stuff that went into these machines you’d be blown away!
I’m hoping this will lead to many future projects with Stern. They’re sort of the big dogs in the pinball world which has made a massive resurgence in the last few years. Stern often gets the licenses for the Star Wars, Marvel, blockbuster-sized movies and more. Leading up to Rush, they’ve done Metallica, the Beatles, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin and Iron Maiden.

Looks like persistence DOES pay off!

Artwork looks great and as a big Rush fan this game is on my list. Problem is, I’m maxed out on basement space and not ready to move any of my current games. Will watch the stream and see if that moves the needle for me.

Congrats from a fellow pinball neighbor to your north (North Aurora). Nice seeing the fox valley well represented on this game. Your artwork is Very nice! Especially love the “Hoot Again”!

#1548 2 years ago
Quoted from cranie:

Amazing that for years people told me a Rush pin would never sell against my arguing there should be one. Stern sells out all 1000 of the LE edition @ $11k each within an hour. Guess I'll be looking to pick up a Premium now.

Already some for sale in the $15K range. Guess they didnt raise the prices high enough yet.

#1549 2 years ago
Quoted from cranie:

Sort of like the days when Jeep execs thought that a 4-door Wrangler would “never sell”…

Sometimes as a consumer it feels good to say WE TOLD YOU SO !

#1550 2 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Persistence truly pays off! Congrats on getting the

Looks like persistence DOES pay off!
Artwork looks great and as a big Rush fan this game is on my list. Problem is, I’m maxed out on basement space and not ready to move any of my current games. Will watch the stream and see if that moves the needle for me.
Congrats from a fellow pinball neighbor to your north (North Aurora). Nice seeing the fox valley well represented on this game. Your artwork is Very nice! Especially love the “Hoot Again”!

Sorry, It's not my art. Just found the letter from the artist and posted it here. Wish I had that kind of talent. lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/31?hl=rwmech5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.