20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 89.
#1451 4 months ago

LE's just sold out on Sterns webpage

#1452 4 months ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

was about to give up on stern LE drop on their site to grab lunch nice

Did you secure one?

#1453 4 months ago

Snagged an Insider LE!

#1454 4 months ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

Did you secure one?

Yup! this time I didnt slack with my credit card company...called them in the morning to make sure to allow the transaction...though got scared that my autoful put the wrong middle name for the field

#1455 4 months ago

The steampunk design on the LE is going to be great next to my Houdini.

#1456 4 months ago

Geddy with Bob and Doug in the studio years ago... Canadians like to stick together!

theboys (resized).jpg
#1457 4 months ago

dam they all look awesome.
and the promo trailers knocked it out of the park.

dam i love rush...

#1458 4 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

Good catch, wondering how many people outside of Canada know what inukshuks are in the first place, but that's pretty cool to see.

Not from Canada, but encountered them when we first started vacationing up in Sault St. Marie, ON. We have put a few figures of them in our house since that first encounter...

#1459 4 months ago

After everything $12,399 direct for Insider LE from Stern Website, dang!

#1460 4 months ago
Quoted from gentrsa:

Wow, why is their price higher than MSRP? Shipping and taxes that much?

#1461 4 months ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

300 shipping + 8-9% sales tax

#1462 4 months ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

Yes indeed

#1463 4 months ago
Quoted from gentrsa:

Not worth it. But people will buy them.

#1464 4 months ago

A letter from the artist. Learn more here: http://www.sunburndesigns.com/about/

So the time has come - I can Finally share a huge project I’ve been working on! The latest Stern Pinball release - for RUSH!!!
Quick backstory on this one…..over the years I’d reached out to Stern in hopes of working on a pinball machine design with them. Usually I never would hear back. And then in 2020 I got a call from the art director. He said if I wanted a crack at the next release, they were going to have 4 or 5 artists submit their ideas/rough art for their next big rock themed release. After signing a non disclosure I was told it would be for Rush! I found out on my birthday in Aug of 2020 that I got the gig.
I’ll be honest - I knew who Rush was, but I was never a huge fan….they’re just slightly before my time. But once I started the project I had to dive in - I watched documentaries, videos, read as many articles as I could, etc. I really liked what I heard!
Anyway, I spent a year working on all the custom art for the game - 3 games actually, the pro, premium and limited Edition. Plus the Playfield, all the cabinet art, plastics and a million other pieces that go into these!
I was also put in touch with a guy named Ed. I was told Ed was a Canadian musician and good friends with the band. He was helpful conveying ideas to the band and he’s a huge pinball enthusiast. Turns out - Ed is the singer for Barenaked Ladies!!!
Some of my friends will remember that I took a trip to Chicago last summer…..it was actually to visit the Stern Plant and meet the crew. What an amazing group of people. Seriously - if you knew all the stuff that went into these machines you’d be blown away!
I’m hoping this will lead to many future projects with Stern. They’re sort of the big dogs in the pinball world which has made a massive resurgence in the last few years. Stern often gets the licenses for the Star Wars, Marvel, blockbuster-sized movies and more. Leading up to Rush, they’ve done Metallica, the Beatles, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin and Iron Maiden.

#1465 4 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Already did buy them, gone in seconds

#1466 4 months ago
Quoted from gentrsa:

Exactly.. and to think the Pro is literally 1/2 that and Amazing.. sorry folks, it just makes no sense. I’m going back to basics. Weider principles! Playing pinball and loving it. I’ll leave that pricing & stress to the Wall Street traders to deal with.

#1467 4 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

$15k easy by next Christmas (when the 1.0+ code is out)

#1468 4 months ago

DONE! First LE ever! Never been so thrilled! Got to get back to work to pay for this morning!

#1469 4 months ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

That’s great to hear about Godzilla Pro! At first glance it looks to be missing a lot but I’m gland it plays well! Have to check it now.

Godzilla PRO is awesome - wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I saw one for sale.

#1470 4 months ago

Opted out on this title. Love the band. Just not a fan of the pop bumper on lower left like Aerosmith. Just brutal.
I bet my buddy gets one of these for sure so guess I'll just check it out there.

#1471 4 months ago

Damn…one word comes to mind FUGLY.

I don’t want to offend anyone but this is a forum where we share our thoughts on games, good or bad.
So there are 3 main categories: gameplay, sound and artwork. None of us can speak to the gameplay and the sounds are so-so because we don’t know how the great songs will integrate with the gameplay. That leaves the artwork….the horrible artwork. So far, I would say this is the worst looking (modern) pinball I’ve seen.

I played JJP Aerosmith, great artwork, great sound, gameplay rule set is deep but I couldn’t completely grasp it with the 20 or so plays I had. GNR is an in-home game where you needs lots of plays under your belt to truly appreciate it.

Regardless of the gameplay, I can’t ever see this Rush machine in my house, it’s fugly. For that price I’d buy GNR, you get much more for the money.

#1472 4 months ago

I snagged a insider LE, can't wait! got lucky and had the page open.

#1473 4 months ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

I snagged a insider LE, can't wait! got lucky and had the page open.

Congrats!! I had it open too and was refreshing all day....I guess that 1/2 a second I mistakenly looked away was when it actually showed up on their site. Sucks for the rest of us that they only offer so few this way.

#1474 4 months ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

I played JJP Aerosmith

Where did you play this machine at?

#1475 4 months ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

So far, I would say this is the worst looking (modern) pinball I’ve seen.

Worse than Zeppelin? Really?

As one of the resident art critics, the only thing I can say is I don't like the cartoon depictions of the band on the playfield, but overall the rest looks okay to me. Hardly the worst ever.

#1476 4 months ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

Regardless of the gameplay, I can’t ever see this Rush machine in my house, it’s fugly.

I can't ever see it being in your house either, because it'll be in mine.

Thanks for that!

#1477 4 months ago

Game looks like what u wld expect from a J borg design like we have seen many times before. It will be a good playing pin and usually his pros are very comparable to the other models. I don't see anything super special like I and many others seen from the get go on godzilla .... but again anything that came after that masterpiece wasn't gonna b on the same game play level as Keith is just on another level and has fresh design/ mechanic elements. Happy for all the folks that love the theme and most people who want a le sld b able to get one . Another fun release from stern pinball..it looks like it's gonna have great theme integration like met had with the band getting involved which is great to see.....congrats to everyone evolved and also getting one.

#1478 4 months ago
Quoted from Analogkid:

Congrats!! I had it open too and was refreshing all day....I guess that 1/2 a second I mistakenly looked away was when it actually showed up on their site. Sucks for the rest of us that they only offer so few this way.

I think if u call around u can get one for a better price than what stern insider was offering..

#1479 4 months ago

Getting the band involved like that makes it such a passion project, this is an amazing day for Rush fans. It's like they built a happy shrine to Rush.

#1480 4 months ago

Looks like a good looking pin! Hope it plays as well as it looks! Well done Borg and crew.

#1481 4 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

They are supposed to at some point today. I wonder how many they sell....I bet its less than 5....

Pirate Pinball is sold out and I believe all 1000 LE have been spoken for. I tried to buy 2 from them and I was denied. Just put my 2K deposit down for the LE. BRING IT!!!!!!

#1482 4 months ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Yup! this time I didnt slack with my credit card company...called them in the morning to make sure to allow the transaction...though got scared that my autoful put the wrong middle name for the field

Did you have to pay in full or deposit only?

#1483 4 months ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Worse than Zeppelin? Really?
As one of the resident art critics, the only thing I can say is I don't like the cartoon depictions of the band on the playfield, but overall the rest looks okay to me. Hardly the worst ever.

I was the same way about the cartoon characters at first. I’m not a huge Rush fan but I like their music. The more I learn about the band mates themselves and their on-stage vibe, the more I think the cartoon depictions make sense. The artwork is really great for a first-timer…if not a home run, then a hard triple with a really wide turn rounding third base.

#1484 4 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Did you have to pay in full or deposit only?

Pay in full

#1485 4 months ago

Any retailers with LEs still that are selling at MSRP? No luck over here (Next Level Pinball, Spokane Pinball, Hemispheres has a long list).

#1486 4 months ago

I think the artwork is very nice. Much better than LZ. Not just a huge album cover slapped on everywhere. Playfield is better too.

Perosnally, I like LZ music more than Rush but as a game this is a better outing by Stern IMO

#1487 4 months ago

Just paid in full to my distributor for an LE. Luckily I was high enough on the want list! When the rumors first started circulating a few months back, I talked to him and he put me on an LE list even though he was skeptical that Rush would actually happen. When we spoke today, he said he's gotten over 100 calls in the last 24 hours about Rush - I am not sure if he is exaggerating or not but he does seem really busy and pulled into different directions today, so I take it that's a good sign financially for Stern.

I am more of a "theme" player and I only own one other pin (Mando Premium) so I'm totally fine with homages to other games, seeing as I probably haven't played them much. (I don't think I've ever played LOTR because the lines were always too long at the pinball cons I've been to!)

#1488 4 months ago
Quoted from benime:

Any retailers with LEs still that are selling at MSRP? No luck over here (Next Level Pinball, Spokane Pinball, Hemispheres has a long list).

Like many others have said, best to go on Sterns website, see who their distributors are and start making calls. Best to stay away from the over marketed/popular distributors cause more then likely they’re sold out.

#1489 4 months ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

Like many others have said, best to go on Sterns website, see who their distributors are and start making calls. Best to stay away from the over marketed/popular distributors cause more then likely they’re sold out.

#1490 4 months ago
Quoted from Frax:

Nice to see a 3rd flipper design from Borg.

TFTC had 3 flippers.

#1491 4 months ago

via Joe C on facebook, the building on the Premium backglass is the Legislative Assembly of Ontario building, located in Toronto https://goo.gl/maps/VsDSDBtADxhSLYpdA

pasted_image (resized).png

#1492 4 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Best Rush Album Cover?
Caress of steel for me

Power Windows gets my vote.

#1493 4 months ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

Damn…one word comes to mind FUGLY.

This is exactly the opposite reaction to the one I had. With the exception of the band members on the playfield that are just *okay*, I think the overall art packages are very good, and the LE package is fantastic.

#1494 4 months ago

Nightmare fuel. Who did this art?

#1495 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is exactly the opposite reaction to the one I had. With the exception of the band members on the playfield that are just *okay*, I think the overall art packages are very good, and the LE package is fantastic.

Really?
It’s the Premium guys I feel sorry for.
It’s awful.
The Pro and LE are fine.
Art, subjective though….

#1496 4 months ago

Is Closer to the Heart on the soundtrack? Awesome song...

#1498 4 months ago

If anyone knows or has a LE available please pm me ASAP.

Thanks

#1499 4 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

$15k easy by next Christmas (when the 1.0+ code is out)

Just wait till Christmas 2022 when Black Sabbath is released. 15k easy for an LE.

#1500 4 months ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Really?
It’s the Premium guys I feel sorry for.
It’s awful.
The Pro and LE are fine.
Art, subjective though….

The cab on the Premium looks lazy compared to the Pro and LE, but the total packages on all three are not terrible, and the LE is really great. Nothing as embarrassing as the LZ packages.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salt Lake City, UT
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods
$ 18.95
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!