20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 89.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

The night is still young.

I dig your optimistic view of the Stern Think Tank.

#52 2 years ago

well, that was a missed opportunity

I guess they could save face doing a teaser on new year's eve to go out of 20(21) / (12)

#53 2 years ago

I was thinking that today I really hoped someone would start another thread about a Rush pin!..

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Anybody here try this? Give us a review! It's not available for purchase in the U.S.
[quoted image]

I have one of these in my beer fridge…..I’ll let y’all know when I crack it open!

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

I have one of these in my beer fridge…..I’ll let y’all know when I crack it open!

…..oh, and I hope they include The 12 Days of Christmas :party

#56 2 years ago

Anyone have pics?

#57 2 years ago

Anyone know a good place to get on the list for this? I've never had a machine that I knew I had to own before even seeing one inch of it!

#58 2 years ago

I have had great dealings with Jason at Classic Game Rooms.

Quoted from Analogkid:

Anyone know a good place to get on the list for this? I've never had a machine that I knew I had to own before even seeing one inch of it!

#59 2 years ago

Rush sucks!

#60 2 years ago

How dare you...

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Stern celebrated International Rush Day by not celebrating International Rush Day.

If you choose not to celebrate, you still have made a choice

(sorry, could not resist)

#62 2 years ago

Everybody got mixed feelings

#63 2 years ago

Rush rocks!!! The best three member progressive band ever!!! Look forward to the pin. Hoping for a great Borg layout!!!! Rock and Roll!!!!!! 2112!!!!!

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Rush rocks!!! The best three member progressive band ever!!! Look forward to the pin. Hoping for a great Borg layout!!!! Rock and Roll!!!!!! 2112!!!!!

YES!!!!!

aaaaarushtimestandstill (resized).jpgaaaaarushtimestandstill (resized).jpg
#65 2 years ago

Welcome back!

Hey all - What’s the consensus on Stern getting full Rush assets? Album art style like Zep or does Stern have an original artist doing this one?

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

You probably stepped in it with the "best ever" claim, LOL. No one on this thread should disagree with you, but I can already hear the "What about ELP?!" folks now!

So, before any of you progheads chime in to derail the thread and dispute this with ELP as your pick, please recall that Rush never released anything as nakedly pretentious as "Works", nor did they ever release any unmitigated schlock with matching embarrassing album cover along the lines of "Love Beach"!

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Easy there.... Primus is considered progressive and may have the best bass player that ever lived....and already have a pinball machine!

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Primus is considered progressive and may have the best bass player that ever lived....and already have a pinball machine!

Primus sucks!!!

#69 2 years ago

Come on guys I can't believe we've got another thread devolving into this. We're how many years into the internet, and we're still arguing "X is the best" "no Y is the best" and yelling at each other? Why can't we all just understand and accept that different people like different music? We all like pinball here, let's rally around that and stop being children.

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Welcome back!
Hey all - What’s the consensus on Stern getting full Rush assets? Album art style like Zep or does Stern have an original artist doing this one?

I have only heard probably two songs by Rush but Im in on a pro if the art looks good and it seems fun. It will be difficult for me to buy this one if its ugly like LZ though... Even though I own an LZ haha

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

Primus sucks!!!

Larry, you're a bastard!!

OK, time to get the thread refocused on Rush (via a Primus performance ):

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Come on guys I can't believe we've got another thread devolving into this. We're how many years into the internet, and we're still arguing "X is the best" "no Y is the best" and yelling at each other? Why can't we all just understand and accept that different people like different music? We all like pinball here, let's rally around that and stop being children.

no joke - its a huge waste of time.

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:Larry, you're a bastard!!
OK, time to get the thread refocused on Rush (via a Primus performance ):

Oh, we can do better than that!

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Never had that one but I have had the alternate Canada favorite.
[quoted image]

Hey eh? I hear if you find a mouse in the bottle you can get like a free case eh.

#75 2 years ago

YYZ is definitely better than X

Quoted from SkyKing2301:

#76 2 years ago

Nah it’s all good. Just a little fun here. Primus are the biggest Rush fans.

#77 2 years ago

By the way, for those that don’t know, when you see “Primus Sucks” it’s meant to be a positive and it’s chanted at all of their shows.

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

no joke - its a huge waste of time.

I know, BUT nothing has been revealed quite yet and the endless speculation and "wish lists" are getting a little boring and played-out at this point, so there's really nothing left at this moment to discuss in terms of the pinball machine itself, and it's only natural that the idle time will be filled with stuff that's only tangentially related to the topic at hand.

What I am saying is that this entire thread is a "huge waste of time" until we know something definitive, but there's no harm in casually "shooting the s**t" as a sort of placeholder until we DO have something concrete to latch onto!

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

By the way, for those that don’t know, when you see “Primus Sucks” it’s meant to be a positive and it’s chanted at all of their shows.

Sometimes people just like to be outraged unfortunately.

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

I know, BUT nothing has been revealed quite yet and the endless speculation and "wish lists" are getting a little boring and played-out at this point, so there's really nothing left at this moment to discuss in terms of the pinball machine itself, and it's only natural that the idle time will be filled with stuff that's only tangentially related to the topic at hand.
What I am saying is that this entire thread is a "huge waste of time" until we know something definitive, but there's no harm in casually "shooting the s**t" as a sort of placeholder until we DO have something concrete to latch onto!

I'm just eagerly waiting for the reveal just as other Fans are....

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Easy there.... Primus is considered progressive and may have the best bass player that ever lived....and already have a pinball machine!

Whoa whoa whoa...better than Geddy? I don't think so.

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

YYZ is definitely better than X

Not gonna lie, that crossed my mind when I was typing that and I considered including it, but figured that was counter to my message lol

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from Analogkid:

Got in early with JJ at Game Exchange in Denver. Give him a call.

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

Whoa whoa whoa...better than Geddy? I don't think so.

I have seen both live several times. Both are a force to be reckoned with and are at the pinnacle of achievement on their instrument (at least in Rock circles - the Fusion guys like Stanley Clarke, Jaco Pastorius, Marcus Miller, etc. are the real MFs of the electric bass).

However, compare the Primus YYZ video I posted above with any random Rush performance of the tune and it’s obvious Rush is a bit of a step up in overall musical ability (especially when you bring Neal and Alex into the equation - the band synergy is unmatched, IMO).

#85 2 years ago

I've seen a handful of death metal bass players that don't use picks. Aways blows my mind man. Crazy fast fretting that seems superhuman.
But yeah, Jaco is king.

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Hey all - What’s the consensus on Stern getting full Rush assets?

They got assets.

#87 2 years ago

Bring it on! I am #3 on the RUSH LE list at Pirate Pinball in Benecia, California........ready to spend my 12K on what hopefully will be rated the #1 Pinball Machine of all time. If done right and with proper guidance from Rush fans and especially Rush band members/Hugh Syme, this pin could eclipse all other previously released rock pinball machines.

#88 2 years ago

I'm out, but glad to see a lot of those that have been waiting for years get one finally!!

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

LOL you ACTUALLY think Les Claypool is better than Geddy Lee? Laughable......Les, who is a GREAT bassist, couldn't hold Geddy's jock strap. Did you know that Les' #1 influence is Rush and Geddy Lee? Did you know that on Primus' last tour which ended a month ago, their entire 2nd set was a RUSH album all the way through? Yes you know lol......just poking fun at you. Look at the two bands catalogs.......again laughable. The Primus pinball machine sold like 300 units lol.......and was a colossal failure. Not taking anything away from Primus, but they are not in the same league as Rush, few bands if any are.

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I've seen a handful of death metal bass players that don't use picks. Aways blows my mind man. Crazy fast fretting that seems superhuman.
But yeah, Jaco is king.

Those Death guys are playing lead like Geezer/Lemmy/The Ox, only 4x faster. It’s hard to believe they can do it without studio tricks, then you see them live and wonder if they sold their souls at the “Crossroads”. They are the equivalent of those 6 year-old prodigies that can play Liszt or do Calculus - possibly not quite human, lol.

#91 2 years ago

my Distro said december 28th reveal

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

Those Death guys are playing lead like Geezer/Lemmy/The Ox, only 4x faster. It’s hard to believe they can do it without studio tricks, then you see them live and wonder if they sold their souls at the “Crossroads”. They are the equivalent of those 6 year-old prodigies that can play Liszt or do Calculus - possibly not quite human, lol.

I saw Vital Remains, front row, in 08 at a small club and he's the one that stands out the most. It was INSANE.
Also playing bass and singing is WAY harder than it looks.

#93 2 years ago

Rush sucks but anything designed by John Borg demands at least a second look.

#94 2 years ago

I heard it’s the same layout as Zeppelin.

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Rush sucks but anything designed by John Borg demands at least a second look.

I like John. He was at a game release party I was at and is very personable. I’m a long time Rush fan, and have a huge collection of Rush bootlegs. I am looking forward to this game. First Rush show I saw was Grace Under Pressure tour with Fastway as opening act.

#96 2 years ago

Sure Rush will be great and all but what I'm really stoked about is the Mouse Rat pin that should be next.

#97 2 years ago

Fastway opened no shit ha

#98 2 years ago

WATT

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Fastway opened no shit ha

They did. Saw them at MSG Sept 1984. Their lead singer was a bit of a douche.

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

LOL you ACTUALLY think Les Claypool is better than Geddy Lee? Laughable......Les, who is a GREAT bassist, couldn't hold Geddy's jock strap. Did you know that Les' #1 influence is Rush and Geddy Lee? Did you know that on Primus' last tour which ended a month ago, their entire 2nd set was a RUSH album all the way through? Yes you know lol......just poking fun at you. Look at the two bands catalogs.......again laughable. The Primus pinball machine sold like 300 units lol.......and was a colossal failure. Not taking anything away from Primus, but they are not in the same league as Rush, few bands if any are.

Eddie Van Halens #1 influence was Eric Clapton, and he could mop the floor with him.

Not taking sides on who the better bass player is, just saying your logic is flawed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/2?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.