20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 89.
#1401 6 months ago

Will Rush have an official Pinside account?

#1402 6 months ago

Nothing terribly exciting, the lighting on the ramp is interesting. Want to see what that dual scoop looks like from underneath. As much as I like the LOTR ring magnet, that thing was a nightmare for operators so hopefully Stern's figured out a way for it to be more reliable so that it can be left turned on when these get routed.

Nice to see a 3rd flipper design from Borg.

#1403 6 months ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Did Stern sell any LEs through their store this time?

They are supposed to at some point today. I wonder how many they sell....I bet its less than 5....

#1404 6 months ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

I kept refreshing a billion times but it didn't happen.

#1405 6 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

They are supposed to at some point today. I wonder how many they sell....I bet its less than 5....

...except that there are already want ads for LEs out there. So I bet you're wrong.

#1406 6 months ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Tim Sexton I believe. He was on LZ as well.

Thanks. I really liked his rule sets on Black Knight and Led Zeppelin.

#1407 6 months ago

No way I'll be getting one anytime soon. Hoping for a least a digital release

#1408 6 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...except that there are already want ads for LEs out there. So I bet you're wrong.

Stern sent an insider email stating they would be releasing a small number on their site today...that has not happened yet though

#1409 6 months ago

I just can't get over how solid the Pro looks! the didn't skimp and put real drop targets in, the subway is still there, the art is beautiful! Looks Fast!! One thing I can say about Borg? Like Aerosmith whether it's a Pro or Premium/LE they are all Great.

#1410 6 months ago
Quoted from manadams:Depends on what happens when time machine is hit while ramp is down and difference ball lock/captive ball behind drops makes instead of stand up target.

Doesn’t look like it does much when hit down, one of the trailer vids show it and just looks like a metal protector on the front.

#1411 6 months ago

Did we need an homage to LOTR and or Austin Powers center ramp? Have they run out of ideas? Sorry that’s all I could think watching the video initially bummed as a rush fan. Will play it and see how it goes. Sorry to slow down the hype train.

#1412 6 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What extra ramp?

Not exactly a ramp but in lieu of the dead end standup target on pro there is a hidden vuk to an additional wireform that returns the ball to right middle outlane.

Biggest difference maker from a gameplay perspective from what I see.

#1413 6 months ago

Imagine a signed translite!.(Homer thinking about the frying fisherman buffet)

#1414 6 months ago

All 3 models look great IMO and can’t wait to see Danger’s upcoming stream.
Stern seems to be on a serious roll with some awesome recent releases.

#1415 6 months ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

Did we need an homage to LOTR and or Austin Powers center ramp? Have they run out of ideas? Sorry that’s all I could think watching the video initially bummed as a rush fan. Will play it and see how it goes. Sorry to slow down the hype train.

Just look at it this way.. It makes sense.. LOTR is one of Ed's favorite if not his favorite game.. and it didn't need a motorized ramp to lift it up to the center. I just love that all models are amazing.. this was NOT the case with Led Zep or Godzilla, you had to have a Premium/LE to have anything remotely close to the same experience. Well done, Stern!

#1416 6 months ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Thats what I've been waiting on as well. Think should have dropped there by now

#1417 6 months ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

Did we need an homage to LOTR and or Austin Powers center ramp? Have they run out of ideas....

Are you familiar with John Borg?

#1418 6 months ago

Looks great but I am having to pass since I have bought GZ and BM in the past 3 months, need to regroup.

#1419 6 months ago

I'll have to confess that I never gave Rush (as a band) much of a chance. But I just took a quick listen to the songs on the pin (not all the way through on each) and found four that I dig and added them to my playlist. I still wouldn't consider myself a fan, but they are probably not as bad as I had always thought.

For the cabinets, I like the LE the best, and I know this doesn't seem to be a popular opinion, but the premium cabinet gives off an early 80s vibe that I like. To me, the pro cabinet is the least of the three.

#1420 6 months ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

I'm actually happy: I sold my LOTR because I had to take days off of work just to complete one game. But the ring magnet was really cool and I miss that. I'll be happy to have it back...and I hope the ball times aren't as ridiculously long.

#1421 6 months ago

In on an LE,add poll if you want.

#1422 6 months ago
Quoted from sawyerfamilyaz:

It doesn't have the matrix but there is a feature video for both the Pro and the Premium/LE on Stern's site...
https://sternpinball.com/game/rush/

I assume you were name after the shenanigans boy
And you Love Rush! Have you had one of those family tree tests? Can we connect the dots here?
The actual Tom Sawer would have loved rush!

#1423 6 months ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'll have to confess that I never gave Rush (as a band) much of a chance. But I just took a quick listen to the songs on the pin (not all the way through on each) and found four that I dig and added them to my playlist. I still wouldn't consider myself a fan, but they are probably not as bad as I had always thought.
For the cabinets, I like the LE the best, and I know this doesn't seem to be a popular opinion, but the premium cabinet gives off an early 80s vibe that I like. To me, the pro cabinet is the least of the three.

Rush is one of those bands that probably everyone has heard a song from Rush, not realizing it was Rush. As a very small example, the song Tom Sawyer is in the movie The Waterboy. People of the 80s who were even remotely connected to pop culture have heard many of their songs. In my hometown of Wichita Kansas there was a huge mural of the Rush logo painted on a drainage canal that could be viewed from the adjacent highway. I remember as a kid seeing that logo and not connecting the songs I heard to the actual band. Iconic songs for an entire generation.

#1424 6 months ago

I'll watch a TV show...the real Tom Sawyer story featuring Rush!

#1425 6 months ago

Badass! and the only art with Roll the bones kid in the bottom right corner! A lot of people say they're not an art major and love it, well, as an artist & art major and although art is subjective? It looks the best in my book too.

Rush backbox (resized).JPG
#1426 6 months ago

Best Rush Album Cover?
Caress of steel for me

#1427 6 months ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Thats what I've been waiting on as well. Think should have dropped there by now

It's marketing, they are enrolling as many All Access signups before going live

#1428 6 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I assume you were name after the shenanigans boy
And you Love Rush! Have you had one of those family tree tests? Can we connect the dots here?
The actual Tom Sawer would have loved rush!

It’s actually my father’s name and I assume was based on the book. If not for my two daughters, if I had a son it would have been his name also. It adds an element to meeting people that is an instant ice breaker, it helped tremendously when I was fulltime in Sales and with women when I was single. I don’t know a world where my name isn’t instantly interesting to people so it makes life fun.

#1429 6 months ago

pinwoofer, I need as Bill Murray would say.

#1430 6 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm actually happy: I sold my LOTR because I had to take days off of work just to complete one game. But the ring magnet was really cool and I miss that. I'll be happy to have it back...and I hope the ball times aren't as ridiculously long.

Yes don’t recall that ramp on Tron, Metallica,or TWD all of which I’ve owned and enjoyed. . Kind of got the old Williams Junkyard or Batman 66 feeling where they robbed the parts department and built a game around a bunch of spare parts. I guess I’m tired of the older designers and gravitate towards newer designers. Steve, Pat and perhaps John have made incredible games but their later work are a rehash of their great ideas. I guess when pros will be north of 7k my expectations have inflated as well. Once again I’m sure I’ll love it and have serious FOMO when I finally get to play one. I hope I kick myself when I do but I’m old enough to remember playing Munsters.

#1431 6 months ago

Spinning numbers on the time machine cut from the bom? I was really hoping that would synch up with the eras

#1432 6 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Missing the point. Most people have no idea what an inukshuck represents. Not a hidden cap tip.

What the hell is a inukshuck?

#1433 6 months ago
Quoted from Dexter:

How come no one is discussing the LE backglass and two naked dudes?

Quoted from freakandgeek:

This is why I ordered the premium. I could’ve lived with one naked dude…not two.

Is this the offensive LE in question? Damn, if we’re not careful, the sexualization of the male form is gonna get out of control in pinball…

049801AE-322C-420C-8547-9B6530375D71 (resized).png
#1434 6 months ago

Reading the design: this looks like John Borg is doing his version of Getaway. The game is heavily geared towards that upper flipper; all three flippers feed it including its own repeatable loop, and it's a game designed for speed. There's also a lot less difference between the Pro and the Premium than the habitrails appear to make it look; you lose one toy that appears to have a cosmetic effect, and one VUK. The rebound target sends the ball back to the lower right flipper tip instead of the right inlane, so in a good player's hands the flow shouldn't even be all that different.

Upper flipper also has three dedicated shots, and with that pop-up diverter (hopefully not as fragile as it looks) there's some pretty clever crossover ramp design going on. Should be a combo player's dream.

#1435 6 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Best Rush Album Cover?
Caress of steel for me

They look good, but I was hoping for more of a monochrome color palette for each game. Maybe 1 in Green/Gold from Caress of Steel, another in the Blue/red of hemispheres, etc...
I'm probably stuck in the old era though.

#1436 6 months ago

Deposit is down on a LE for my wife! She is a huge Rush fan. Totally helps that the game play looks like a winner and there are naked dudes! It will sit right next to my Led Zeppelin LE (with another naked dude). I think I know which one will get more play once the new pin shine wears off... All Stern needs to do is make a Grateful Dead and Phish pin and I will have all my favorite bands as pins.

#1437 6 months ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Just look at it this way.. It makes sense.. LOTR is one of Ed's favorite if not his favorite game.. and it didn't need a motorized ramp to lift it up to the center. I just love that all models are amazing.. this was NOT the case with Led Zep or Godzilla, you had to have a Premium/LE to have anything remotely close to the same experience. Well done, Stern!

Godzilla pro is an amazing game. I played a LE and the mechs on it do not add to gameplay and to me was not worth the extra $2300 price tag over the pro. LZ rising electric magic spinner is good but again didn’t blow the pro out of the water.

Congrats to RUSH fans, glad Stern didn’t screw you over like they did to us Led Zeppelin fans. Pro definitely a good buy for the money. Premium art work on the cabinet looks terrible IMO.

#1438 6 months ago

Really love the Clockwork Angels steam punk look of the LE. The copper colored leg bolts are a neat touch.

#1439 6 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Shout out to Ed Robertson from Ontario Canada Canada is proud of you too Ed and I miss your travel show!
Cheers!

haha that reminds me of this, by former BNL Steven Page, in tribute to a guy who inspired a great pinball machine

and here's the classic Heritage Minutes video on Inukshuks, for the LE reference

#1440 6 months ago
Quoted from durangopinball:

Deposit is down on a LE for my wife! She is a huge Rush fan. Totally helps that the game play looks like a winner! It will sit right next to my Led Zeppelin LE. I think I know which one will get more play once the new pin shine wears off... All Stern needs to do is make a Grateful Dead and Phish pin and I will have all my favorite bands as pins.

I was daydreaming about a Phish Gamehendge pin the other day.

#1441 6 months ago

The answer is 42. Nope, it's 43

#1442 6 months ago
Quoted from JSBebop2071:

The answer is 42. Nope, it's 43

The character on the album cover is the necromancer battling prince by tor and the 2 other travelers.

#1443 6 months ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Is this the offensive LE in question? Damn, if we’re not careful, the sexualization of the male form is gonna get out of control in pinball…[quoted image]

I actually think those are red skinny jeans!

#1444 6 months ago

Got my LE secured! Now I need to order a pair of black jeans by mid-February.

#1445 6 months ago
Quoted from durangopinball:

Deposit is down on a LE for my wife! She is a huge Rush fan. Totally helps that the game play looks like a winner and there are naked dudes! It will sit right next to my Led Zeppelin LE (with another naked dude). I think I know which one will get more play once the new pin shine wears off... All Stern needs to do is make a Grateful Dead and Phish pin and I will have all my favorite bands as pins.

Huge Dead fan here but the music will never fit pinball like Rush. I think this is my favorite band that has the type of driving music that works for pinball.

#1446 6 months ago

I got a pair of those skinny jeans for Zoey !

Screenshot_20210901-010625_Facebook (resized).jpg

#1447 6 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Godzilla pro is an amazing game. I played a LE and the mechs on it do not add to gameplay and to me was not worth the extra $2300 price tag over the pro. LZ rising electric magic spinner is good but again didn’t blow the pro out of the water.
Congrats to RUSH fans, glad Stern didn’t screw you over like they did to us Led Zeppelin fans. Pro definitely a good buy for the money. Premium art work on the cabinet looks terrible IMO.

That’s great to hear about Godzilla Pro! At first glance it looks to be missing a lot but I’m gland it plays well! Have to check it now.

#1448 6 months ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

That’s great to hear about Godzilla Pro! At first glance it looks to be missing a lot but I’m gland it plays well! Have to check it now.

Pro s great but premium at home is just that much better imo... can't go wrong with any version...

#1449 6 months ago

was about to give up on stern LE drop on their site to grab lunch. caught it as i was about to get up from desk....nice =)

#1450 6 months ago

Stern Insider LE allotment instantly sold out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 8,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 400.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!