20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 89.
#1051 2 years ago

Time Machine will send you into the Black Hole and Cygnus will start playing!

#1052 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Meh. Sounds pretty lame to me. Don't know why anyone would watch YouTube's of this...doesn't come close to the real band.
This cover, OTOH, is well worth listening to. Musicians that are adding something to the music...

Welcome to 2022... no one can write music or create anymore apparently?

You tube is just awash with people playing covers and copying other musicians.

People today completely are lost on the fact that music is about expressing yourself.

What are you expressing by copying someone else note for note?

#1053 2 years ago

Have to be some drum solo kind of mode or thing...

Rush may be the only band where the drum solo isn't time to go take a leak.

#1054 2 years ago

YYZ and Distant Early Warning please

#1055 2 years ago

Who is on lead design for the pin?

#1056 2 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Who is on lead design for the pin?

Borg.

#1057 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

People today completely are lost on the fact that music is about expressing yourself.

Expressing yourself is still possible when playing other peoples music, but I get your point. Can still be very creative...unfortunately, most cover bands don't have the chops to actually be creative with someone else's music (which is probably the point you are making).

#1058 2 years ago

Have to be some drum solo kind of mode or thing...
Rush may be the only band where the drum solo isn't time to go take a leak.

Except for John Bonham, Carl Palmer, and Roger Taylor, I think you're right.

#1059 2 years ago

Drum solo would be awesome! All targets and features become different drum sounds and you have to hit them in order or even on timing to get points.

Hit the metronome to get a bonus multiplier.

#1060 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Also Danny Carey.

#1061 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Great story!
Mine is walking down Young Street as a kid (14-15 yrs) and seeing Geddy in a Mr Sub. I stopped and did a double take and it was definitely him, only person in the place. I went in and introduced myself, I was so nervous. He was very gracious and shook my hand. Sadly these were days before phone cameras and I had no pen and paper for an autograph. Never forget it though, I still feel bad about disturbing him while eating his lunch lol.

Very cool!! I used to live at Yonge and St.Clair and just after we moved in we were just driving around getting to know the neighbourhood before GPS and I was sitting at a stop sign with a cousin in from Ireland. Im looking down at a road map when my cousin asked me, "where does Geddy Lee live." As I looked up there was Geddy looking at me in his car at the cross-street with a "well, are you going to go" look on his face. He still lives in Rosedale and has a very cool unassuming looking house....

#1062 2 years ago

so, is it beyond concept? Anyone see any pics of it?

#1063 2 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Also Danny Carey.

Saw Godsmack 3 years ago and when Erna and Larkin had both sets going, was the best solo,(duet) I've ever seen or heard. Amazing how they kept in sync

#1064 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm down with a Kim Mitchell Go for Soda pin.[quoted image]

Awesome Song!!

#1065 2 years ago

I heard Kaneda spouted out more details about Rush, I totally missed it what did he have to say.

#1066 2 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Also Danny Carey.

100%!

#1067 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I heard Kaneda spouted out more details about Rush, I totally missed it what did he have to say.

Said he is hearing the art is meh. Also still refutes Dirty Donny as artist. Also says Premium will not have same desirable features like in the past LE/PREM. He thinks that there will be LE only lighting features.

#1068 2 years ago

Can’t wait to see this pin! I was fortunate to be able to be part of this tribute a couple years back. A unique take on 3 Rush tunes with a full Steel Drum orchestra and Mike Portnoy on drums. A few of us pan players in the room are also big pinheads!

#1069 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

you say Drums I think Terry bozzio,Neil and Bonham

#1070 2 years ago

In his podcast a few days ago it was said the Borg was touting the LEs artwork and thought it was amazing. One thing is for sure, art is totally subjective. I’ll make my own decision thanks.

I do think If the expression lighting is LE only @$500 more then it’s something to consider when making a decision.

#1071 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Quoted from Jamesays:

you say Drums I think Terry bozzio,Neil and Bonham

For me it’s Bonham, Neil and Moon

#1072 2 years ago

I would be willing to bet that thousands upon thousands of classical musicians would vehemently disagree with you on this.

#1073 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Drum solo would be awesome! All targets and features become different drum sounds and you have to hit them in order or even on timing to get points.
Hit the metronome to get a bonus multiplier.

Don't forget that Elwin's prototype Archer had a YYZ video mode, where you had to tap the flipper buttons in rhythm, DDR style.

Wouldn't be surprised to see that idea borrowed for the Rush pin...

#1074 2 years ago

Wow,after 2 hours on the phone with Sterns design team I am sorry to report there will be a 2 month delay in shipping Rush machines.I have convinced them to remove the Naked man on a stick and the backglass they were going to reuse from Zeppelin.Your welcome.

#1075 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Wow,after 2 hours on the phone with Sterns design team I am sorry to report there will be a 2 month delay in shipping Rush machines.I have convinced them to remove the Naked man on a stick and the backglass they were going to reuse from Zeppelin.Your welcome.

Ones a frontal and the other is from behind .Either way thanks

#1076 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

For me it’s Bonham, Neil and Moon

And Stewart Copeland

#1077 2 years ago

I also heard Kmans update and comments on the art. A few things. #1 The bands full involvement is fantastic news and what I hoped for all along. With that involvement comes their input on the art. RUSH gets what RUSH wants. Whatever the art looks like its not lazy Stern or whatever. The band wanted and liked it that way or they would not have signed off. #2. Once the time machine aspect came up and tge 2010-2011 tour I knew that the art might take on the feel of the live album (attached pics). That makes sense when Kman was getting feedback that its dark and similar vibe to Houdini. That metallic/steampunk look would fit right in with the “Time Machine” approach. Im crossing my fingers on Le. I have Led Zepp LE and love the cabinet package. Rush the pin sounds awesome with maybe a C/B art package. If that's the case I would still sign up. Great game play with song list >> art.

2D54A33F-6639-42D2-8090-F38BD8F93CA0 (resized).jpeg2D54A33F-6639-42D2-8090-F38BD8F93CA0 (resized).jpeg39714098-CCDB-4892-987B-36D6E7064CE1 (resized).jpeg39714098-CCDB-4892-987B-36D6E7064CE1 (resized).jpeg4F6F3079-7D79-4DE5-A22A-778151B2C9B8 (resized).jpeg4F6F3079-7D79-4DE5-A22A-778151B2C9B8 (resized).jpeg604FED56-3659-418B-B908-0D62E894A286 (resized).jpeg604FED56-3659-418B-B908-0D62E894A286 (resized).jpeg

#1078 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

And Stewart Copeland

Okay, screw it: Every drummer.

#1079 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:I also heard Kmans update and comments on the art. A few things. #1 The bands full involvement is fantastic news and what I hoped for all along. With that involvement comes their input on the art. RUSH gets what RUSH wants. Whatever the art looks like its not lazy Stern or whatevet. The band wanted and luked it that way or they would not have signed off. #2. Once the time machine aspect came up and tge 2010-2011 tour I knew that the art might take on the feel of the live album (attached pics). That makes sense when Kman was getting feedback that its dark and similar vibe to Houdini. That metallic/steampunk look would fit right in with the “Time Machine” approach. Im crossing my fingers on Le. I have Led Zepp LE and love the cabinet package. Rush the pin sounds awesome with maybe a C/B art package. If that's the case I would still sign up. Great game play with song list >> art.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm fine with none of the "normal guys" being on art. I don't think it would fit, and I didn't like the look of Aerosmith or Metallica at all (all due respect to the artist, of course!). It would be great to just use the Hugh Symes stuff, but I doubt that'll happen either.

#1080 2 years ago

I have a Pro ordered/ reserved and just hope it has adequate amount of playfield assets.

#1081 2 years ago

I have the LZ LE and do like the art as well.

IMG_1904 (resized).jpgIMG_1904 (resized).jpgIMG_2478 (resized).jpgIMG_2478 (resized).jpg
#1082 2 years ago

I can’t resist the FOMO. Gonna get an LE.
Figure I’ll knock the dust off the ‘72 jazz and try to learn YYZ before it gets delivered 17D6B6FD-A0CE-40EA-B2D8-389180A78DD3 (resized).jpeg17D6B6FD-A0CE-40EA-B2D8-389180A78DD3 (resized).jpeg

#1083 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Don't forget that Elwin's prototype Archer had a YYZ video mode, where you had to tap the flipper buttons in rhythm, DDR style.
Wouldn't be surprised to see that idea borrowed for the Rush pin...

Oh man I didn't know that. As a 20 year rhythm game player and an Iron Maiden owner I'm so sad this got cut.

#1084 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Oh man I didn't know that. As a 20 year rhythm game player and an Iron Maiden owner I'm so sad this got cut.

DDR for life, baaaybeeee!

#1085 2 years ago

Here’s what I would like to see as a translite. But I am sure I will like whatever we see tomorrow

81E2E817-056A-41AA-8E7F-BE4D5EB1144E (resized).jpeg81E2E817-056A-41AA-8E7F-BE4D5EB1144E (resized).jpegF543CCF4-6171-4653-940E-3504063975A4 (resized).jpegF543CCF4-6171-4653-940E-3504063975A4 (resized).jpeg
#1086 2 years ago

Also - there must be more songs to the game if you enter the Time Machine to travel to decades . There are NO 90s songs in that 17 song list. 70s , 80s, and 2000s but NO 90s. That would be weird. I think 3 will show up - Roll the Bones, Animate and Driven.

#1087 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I think 3 will show up - Roll the Bones, Animate and Driven.

Sounds good to me.

Animate would be kick ass.

#1088 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Very cool!! I used to live at Yonge and St.Clair and just after we moved in we were just driving around getting to know the neighbourhood before GPS and I was sitting at a stop sign with a cousin in from Ireland. Im looking down at a road map when my cousin asked me, "where does Geddy Lee live." As I looked up there was Geddy looking at me in his car at the cross-street with a "well, are you going to go" look on his face. He still lives in Rosedale and has a very cool unassuming looking house....

That's hilarious. I used to live at Young and Davisville. Never thought to look for his house.

Looks like I live pretty close to you now also!

#1089 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I have a Pro ordered/ reserved and just hope it has adequate amount of playfield assets.

Last few Pros have been ok IMO. Led Zeppelin is the exception.

#1090 2 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

[quoted image]

Two of their best songs completely missed. Too bad.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1091 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Last few Pros have been ok IMO. Led Zeppelin is the exception.

Kiss and Met were Borg and pros are good.

#1092 2 years ago

#1093 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Also - there must be more songs to the game if you enter the Time Machine to travel to decades . There are NO 90s songs in that 17 song list. 70s , 80s, and 2000s but NO 90s. That would be weird. I think 3 will show up - Roll the Bones, Animate and Driven.

Interesting .

#1094 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I don’t think time traveling between the decades makes any sense. My guess is that the time travel is from Bastille Day or further back in the past to 2112 or further into the future.

#1095 2 years ago

Bit of a crass generalization IMO. There are plenty of people out there who can write and create incredible music. YouTube is also awash with tons of amazing players and original bands that will never be signed to a record deal. Tribute bands have been around forever and are more often than not populated by members who are very accomplished at their individual instrument and write their own material, record music, and release albums in original bands that unfortunately might never be seen outside of their home state. They serve a need that many people appreciate. Tribute players are expressing their love for the band they are covering, and in the case of Rush, learning their songs note for note is no small task.

#1096 2 years ago

Tasks to open time machine .Need to finish 70s mode so 80s happens .Finish 80s mode for 90s to happen etc. All ending with unlocking never before seen footage of R40 tour with a farewell to Neil at the end .

#1097 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm down with a Kim Mitchell Go for Soda pin.[quoted image]

Nah. Katy Perry pin is what all the kids want these days and it's no wonder:

#1098 2 years ago

RUSH PINBALL FANS: Listen to my music, and hear what it can do
There's something here as strong as life
I know that it will reach you

ALL OTHER PINBALLERS: Yes, we know, it's nothing new, it's just a waste of time
We have no need for ancient ways, the world is doing fine
Another toy will help destroy the elder race of man
Forget about your silly whim, it doesn't fit the plan

RUSH PINBALL FANS: I can't believe you're saying, these things just can't be true
Our world could use this beauty, just think what we might do
Listen to my music, and hear what it can do
There's something here as strong as life
I know that it will reach you

ALL OTHER PINBALLERS: Don't annoy us further, we have our work to do
Just think about the average, what use have they for you?
Another toy will help destroy the elder race of man
Forget about your silly whim, it doesn't fit the plan

#1099 2 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Nah. Katy Perry pin is what all the kids want these days and it's no wonder:

"Dammit, Gomez, there are still boxes and boxes of playfield toilets and some random red paint laying around the warehouse. When are we gonna get rid of that stuff??"

#1100 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

"Dammit, Gomez, there are still boxes and boxes of playfield toilets and some random red paint laying around the warehouse. When are we gonna get rid of that stuff??"

"Well boss, It's funny you mention this...."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/22?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.