20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 89.
#1001 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

The live version of Mystic Rhythms on A Show of Hands is outstanding!

It's a masterpiece.

#1002 2 years ago

Restroom lines at a Rush concert

3043D5AB-5791-4516-B907-A3635735CD1F (resized).jpeg3043D5AB-5791-4516-B907-A3635735CD1F (resized).jpeg
#1003 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Restroom lines at a Rush concert [quoted image]

Go to a New Kids on the Block concert then.

#1004 2 years ago

YYZ and In the End

#1006 2 years ago

I’m no where near as good as the other videos posted, but in 2020 when everything shut down I decided to learn/re-learn and record some of my favorite Rush tunes. I’ve always loved Discovery from 2112. Since we are killing time until Tuesday I figured I’d post this here. I did also spend a bunch of time working on La Villa Stragiatto but never got it good enough for a final recording of it.

#1007 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

YYZ and In the End

5E7E1446-3BD2-4C74-963A-71652DF1717B.gif5E7E1446-3BD2-4C74-963A-71652DF1717B.gif
#1008 2 years ago

you sure thats not a party at your house.doh

#1009 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Golden Acapulco nights...ha

I’m staying aboard the Express until Kathmandu; being perfumed by the Nepal night in the shadow of the Himalayas sounds perfect to me.

#1010 2 years ago
8890BEA3-84C6-43A1-9D46-C19B117356E4 (resized).jpeg8890BEA3-84C6-43A1-9D46-C19B117356E4 (resized).jpeg
#1011 2 years ago

If anyone gets lucky enough for The Rush Tribute Project to play near them, go check them out. I don't know how 3 guys could get any closer to the actual band. They are phenomenal!!

#1012 2 years ago

Almost 85,000 views on Rush Facebook as of January 1st.

26D0B082-1B02-412D-8C20-421F46CEA3CE (resized).png26D0B082-1B02-412D-8C20-421F46CEA3CE (resized).png

#1013 2 years ago

It’s just one vote, and no idea if there’s a hot competition to start a thread, but I’d like to see Entre Nous or ‘between ourselves’ in the owner’s club name.

Something like....

Rush Marathon - Entre Nous Owners and Fans
Rush Finding My Way - Entre Nous Owners and Fans

Anyway, 2 minutes until tomorrow and 1 day closer to the reveal!

#1014 2 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Almost 85,000 views on Rush Facebook as of January 1st.
[quoted image]

Anyone got any idea how this compares to others releases? Kinda curious.

#1015 2 years ago
Quoted from AJGross:

If anyone gets lucky enough for The Rush Tribute Project to play near them, go check them out. I don't know how 3 guys could get any closer to the actual band. They are phenomenal!!

Agree completely. The Rush Tribute Project is by far the best, most complete and accurate representation of the band out there playing the music of Rush. It's awesome that they don't shy away from playing deep cuts in their set that most tributes don't go near. With lots of videos on YouTube, they are definitely worth checking out.

#1016 2 years ago

I love the fact that Pinsiders are hoping for more obscure songs that I thought people would not recognize. Camera Eye , Red Sector A , Mystic Rhythms,
The Necromancer, Passage to Bangkok. I thought I was the only Rush Nerd, apparently there are lots more than I thought. Thank You Pinside for making me realize the power of RUSH and their fans.

#1017 2 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I thought I was the only Rush Nerd, apparently there are lots more than I thought.

Rush.
Nerd.
Pinside.

They're all basically synonymous, no?

#1018 2 years ago

If there are a couple of songs to be added I’d be thrilled if any came from this list. No particular order.

The Camera eye
The body electric
Roll the bones
The pass
The enemy within
Mystic rhythms
Vital signs
Finding my way
Something for nothing

#1019 2 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

Agree completely. The Rush Tribute Project is by far the best, most complete and accurate representation of the band out there playing the music of Rush. It's awesome that they don't shy away from playing deep cuts in their set that most tributes don't go near. With lots of videos on YouTube, they are definitely worth checking out.

Meh. Sounds pretty lame to me. Don't know why anyone would watch YouTube's of this...doesn't come close to the real band.

This cover, OTOH, is well worth listening to. Musicians that are adding something to the music...

#1020 2 years ago
Screenshot_20220101-202736_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220101-202736_Instagram (resized).jpg
#1021 2 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I love the fact that Pinsiders are hoping for more obscure songs that I thought people would not recognize. Camera Eye , Red Sector A , Mystic Rhythms,
The Necromancer, Passage to Bangkok. I thought I was the only Rush Nerd, apparently there are lots more than I thought. Thank You Pinside for making me realize the power of RUSH and their fans.

Many of Rush's best songs are the ones only people who listen to the full albums know about. Powerful and passionate fan base got a pin made, it's no accident.

#1022 2 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Agree and Prince By-Tor appears again in the necromancer, he is one of the 3 travelers from Willowdale (a suburb in Toronto)

#1023 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

This cover, OTOH, is well worth listening to. Musicians that are adding something to the music...

So many different kinds of musicians in the universe - dreamer/creators, charismatic/performers, technical/studio-gods, and of course those that check all the boxes…

I choose all of the above.

#1024 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

So many different kinds of musicians in the universe - dreamer/creators, charismatic/performers, technical/studio-gods, and of course those that check all the boxes…
I choose all of the above.

20220102_095418 (resized).jpg20220102_095418 (resized).jpg
#1025 2 years ago

Is it wrong of me, as a Minnesotan, to consider Rush ‘local music’?

Toronto is, after all, merely on the other side of the great lakes!

#1026 2 years ago
Quoted from Dobler:

I’m no where near as good as the other videos posted, but in 2020 when everything shut down I decided to learn/re-learn and record some of my favorite Rush tunes. I’ve always loved Discovery from 2112. Since we are killing time until Tuesday I figured I’d post this here. I did also spend a bunch of time working on La Villa Stragiatto but never got it good enough for a final recording of it.

Well done!

#1027 2 years ago

Same thing at any pinball show!

#1028 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Is it wrong of me, as a Minnesotan, to consider Rush ‘local music’?

Like Hockey (always NCAA powerhouse)
we are well connected

#1029 2 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I thought I was the only Rush Nerd, apparently there are lots more than I thought.

Me too! I love it!

#1030 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

If there are a couple of songs to be added I’d be thrilled if any came from this list. No particular order.
The Camera eye
The body electric
Roll the bones
The pass
The enemy within
Mystic rhythms
Vital signs
Finding my way
Something for nothing

Nice list there.

I used to love The Pass when they did it live for a few years back in the late 90's. They also pulled it out for the Vapor Trails tour.

Speaking of Vapor Trails - I forgot how insane this was.....

#1031 2 years ago

I have a subscription to 2 mags from England "Classic Rock" and "Prog", they are both always a little late(sometimes a month or 2). The both showed up yesterday and Classic Rock has an article on Rush Hemispheres (the inside story) and Prog has a cover article on Hugh Syme and a bonus 2022 calendar titled "The Art of Hugh Syme" looks very cool. If any of you are fans of either types of music I highly recommend these mags they are so well written I tend to read them cover to cover because i end up discovering new stuff or find out that my misconceptions about a certain band(formed in my teens usually) was completely wrong and I re listen with an open mind and have been happily surprised many times. Lots of deep stories about Rush over the years generally stuff you don't already know. Happy Rush Tuesday everyone!

#1032 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Good list but think my Metallica Premium, that has all rush songs thanks to pinball browser, has an even better song list
Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Red Barchetta, Spirit of Radio, Freewill, Fly By Night, Beneath Between Behind, Farewell to Kings, Xanadu, Bastille Day, Natural Science, The Trees, and Closer to the Heart.

Anyone who selects Beneath Between Behind must be a true Rush fan! Kudos.......

#1033 2 years ago

More great stuff from Canada

20220102_142018 (resized).jpg20220102_142018 (resized).jpg
#1034 2 years ago

Anybody know if those 40th anniversary remasters are worth rebuying? And why isn't there a Moving Pictures 40th (couldn't find one)...or any of the earliest albums?

#1035 2 years ago

I don't think any of their re masters are worth it. Only one I would upgrade on is vapor trails.

#1036 2 years ago

It would be nice to get a Bluray concert of them during a concert where they all are "on"/ on point.
I stopped going to Rush concerts several years ago when Geddy's voice took away from the Rush experience for me.
Case in point 2011 Time Machine tour Live in Cleveland. Only song where his voice was on point was thankfully *Subdivisions*.
The rest of the band sounded great though especially the instramental tunes of course.

#1037 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Anybody know if those 40th anniversary remasters are worth rebuying? And why isn't there a Moving Pictures 40th (couldn't find one)...or any of the earliest albums?

A Farewell to kings 40th was worth it to me for the bonus material alone " Hammersmith Odeon Feb 20th 1978 " . Just noticed my copy is Deluxe edition. 3 discs and it has some bands like Dream Theater doing covers to fill it out.

#1038 2 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

It would be nice to get a Bluray concert of them during a concert where they all are "on"/ on point.
I stopped going to Rush concerts several years ago when Geddy's voice took away from the Rush experience for me.
Case in point 2011 Time Machine tour Live in Cleveland. Only song where his voice was on point was thankfully *Subdivisions*.
The rest of the band sounded great though especially the instramental tunes of course.

Rush in rio is the best.

#1039 2 years ago
Quoted from TeaHaus:

Anyone who selects Beneath Between Behind must be a true Rush fan! Kudos.......

I LOVE the early albums. I can't guess how many THOUSAND times I've played them all

#1040 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The Moving Pictures 40th anniversary box set IS coming, just a little later than expected.

https://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2021/06/28/5624/Rush-Moving-Pictures-40th-anniversary-box-set-release-update

#1041 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

More great stuff from Canada
[quoted image]

I'm down with a Kim Mitchell Go for Soda pin.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#1042 2 years ago

Delete
Wrong thread

#1043 2 years ago

If any distributor can get me a Premium on the first run, please PM me. Willing to pick up in the northern states. Thanks!

#1044 2 years ago

Here's a RUSH story: so, Im at their Presto show in Toronto 1990's and at the end of the show we are waiting to make it to the exits and the row above me has 8 or 9 people, older in suits and ladies dressed nicely and sicking out like a sore thumb. So, I ask a lady in the group what motivated them to go to a Rush show as they were obviously out of place. She gave me a look up and down and asked why I went and I explained that Im a drummer, originally from Montreal, and this was my fist chance to see them in a home town show. I guess she was satisfied with my answer as she answered me that she is Alex Leifson's sister and then pointed out his Mom and Dad amongst other relatives. I then asked her, could she have ever imagined this success and she said he really sucked playing guitar, but stuck at it and the next thing she knew he was pretty good. Pretty good, I loved that...

#1045 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Here's a RUSH story: so, Im at their Presto show in Toronto 1990's and at the end of the show we are waiting to make it to the exits and the row above me has 8 or 9 people, older in suits and ladies dressed nicely and sicking out like a sore thumb. So, I ask a lady in the group what motivated them to go to a Rush show as they were obviously out of place. She gave me a look up and down and asked why I went and I explained that Im a drummer, originally from Montreal, and this was my fist chance to see them in a home town show. I guess she was satisfied with my answer as she answered me that she is Alex Leifson's sister and then pointed out his Mom and Dad amongst other relatives. I then asked her, could she have ever imagined this success and she said he really sucked playing guitar, but stuck at it and the next thing she knew he was pretty good. Pretty good, I loved that...

Great story!

Mine is walking down Young Street as a kid (14-15 yrs) and seeing Geddy in a Mr Sub. I stopped and did a double take and it was definitely him, only person in the place. I went in and introduced myself, I was so nervous. He was very gracious and shook my hand. Sadly these were days before phone cameras and I had no pen and paper for an autograph. Never forget it though, I still feel bad about disturbing him while eating his lunch lol.

#1046 2 years ago

I’m ready for some pics!

#1047 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I’m ready for some pics!

24 Hours to go before Presto … pics will appear.
This game will cost Big Money but will be worth it. I hope that the game production Flies by Night. Time will Stand Still when I finally receive my game. I just hope that Tom Saxton has been on a Mission with the rules and that the overall game is NOT a Far Cry from my expectations.

Come on RUSH fans!!! Whats your best use of RUSH song titles!?

#1048 2 years ago

Interested what the time machine does.

Hopefully more than select albums from different years.

#1049 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Interested what the time machine does.
Hopefully more than select albums from different years.

I guessing some ball lock function

#1050 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Great story!
Mine is walking down Young Street as a kid (14-15 yrs) and seeing Geddy in a Mr Sub. I stopped and did a double take and it was definitely him, only person in the place. I went in and introduced myself, I was so nervous. He was very gracious and shook my hand. Sadly these were days before phone cameras and I had no pen and paper for an autograph. Never forget it though, I still feel bad about disturbing him while eating his lunch lol.

I've heard good stories about him too. A friend of mine was sitting near him at a Jay's game and he sat and chatted with her like anyone else would.

I cant' wait for them to reveal the table, I'm really interested to see what they do with the layout!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/21?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.