20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 89.
#951 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

SYDNEY - Local authorities were on the scene this afternoon to reduce tensions after a crowd gathered outside a commercial amusement equipment distributorship.
Disappointed customers reported irritation at a misunderstood telephone message from a U.S. pinball manufacturer.
"We were led to believe an Australia-themed machine was finally going to be produced, and 200 of us collectors joined the waitlist straight away when we received emailed word from this distributor," said customer Bruce.
A second distributor email apologized that due to an error in the deciphering of a message-taker's handwriting, the forthcoming pinball machine was not named "Bush", themed on the Australian outback, but "Rush", based on the veteran Canadian rock music power trio.
"Crikey, what's a Rush?" asked Bruce.

#953 2 years ago

If we want to impress Australia, they can work on a silverchair.

AC/DC has been done

And I don't know if INXS would be viable but could work too.

#954 2 years ago

Ooof. Some of those. Just because they can, doesn't mean they should. LOL.

#955 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Ooof. Some of those. Just because they can, doesn't mean they should. LOL.

I agree haha

#956 2 years ago

Brian Allen on art rumor ….

Likely a Aerosmith type of vibe. I had heard that some Donny art was made a while back for RUSH. Maybe Stern split with Donny but the band liked the look. Brian is a nice blend of Donny and Zombie Yeti styles. Geddy and Alex posses a good sense of humor, Alex loves weed ( look at Brian art samples), and Hugh Syme is not an illustrator so it makes sense. Pumped !!!

#957 2 years ago

I was playing around and created a playlist with the 17 listed songs. If all the tracks are integrated in their entirety it comes to a total of about 115 minutes of music.

These were all studio versions and 2112 was the overture only which is still 6:45.

003B68F7-3DC4-4784-BA1D-3CAB9178236B (resized).jpeg003B68F7-3DC4-4784-BA1D-3CAB9178236B (resized).jpeg
#958 2 years ago

Thanks for this! I'm an apple music user so I created a version there in case it helps anyone...
https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/rush-pinball/pl.u-MDAmWudebE2

#959 2 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

Since i'm guessing the vast majority of people commenting in this thread are Rush fans, I wanted to throw this hidden gem out there for everyone to geek out on. This guy Tyler Warren took it upon himself to re-record the entire Permanent Waves album from beginning to end, and he played every instrument, vocal, and effect himself. It's an amazing enough feat to learn to cover either Neil, Geddy, or Alex's parts individually, but to thoroughly learn ALL of their parts for the entire record and completely nail each of their performances is truly next level. He even managed to capture the actual "sound and feel" of the record as well. As a musician myself, this is truly one of the most astounding things I have ever seen and hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do.

Not bad, but let's see him do it right handed like Geddy and Alex did it...

#960 2 years ago

Heard rumor that 17 is not final list. I previously also saw post that 19 was mentioned. That makes 100% sense. 19 songs spanning 19 Studio Albums ( not counting the cover album).

So what songs do you think are missing if true!??

Me - I say YYZ and Roll the Bones

#961 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Heard rumor that 17 is not final list. I previously also saw post that 19 was mentioned. That makes 100% sense. 19 songs spanning 19 Studio Albums ( not counting the cover album).

I think this is very possible. 17 is just such a strange number.

I vote for YYZ and Roll the Bones.

#962 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

My parents dropped me off as well back when I was 16. There is no way in I would do that today with my kids. Hell - my 20 year old went to a metal show a few weeks back and I was nervous as a dog in a Chinese restaurant. With age, comes experience and the knowledge of how full of shit the world (people) really is.

“What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun.” (Ecclesiastes 1:9)

Keep in mind that regardless of the ridiculousness over the past couple of years, the long-term trend is steadily decreasing violent crime rates since the 80s in most areas of the country (peak homicide rate/100k pop. was in 1980).

Add to that the fact that we have great tech that didn’t exist when we were kids. Everyone carries a phone, and GPS tracking is easier than ever for both both people (make sure your kids’ phones are connected to your account and use the “Find My Phone” feature if you get anxious) and vehicles (numerous ways to easily keep tabs on their whereabouts).

Bottom line, the ease with which we can surveil our kids (poor things will NEVER know the freedom we did ) plus the crime stats suggests that it’s objectively SAFER now!

I also don’t believe people are any “worse” now than in the past (the fallacy of looking at the past through rose-colored glasses is universal). The long arc of history shows that on balance, humans have ALWAYS been mostly shit, and going back at least as far as Socrates, older generations have always been pessimistic about younger generations.

The data simply doesn’t support the popular “sky is falling” narrative that seems to have so much of the population in such a stranglehold of anxiety; we are still a long way from the 1991 peak, when I was 17 and on the loose with no pager, no cell, and a nonfunctional odo in my car:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#963 2 years ago

maybe we'll get more and stern can beat out the 22 tracks on the g n r pinball

#964 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Me - I say YYZ and Roll the Bones

If I could pick two additional songs it would probably be The Body Electric and The Camera Eye. Any added songs would be incredible though.

#965 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

It’s YYZ and Roll the Bones for me as well!

#966 2 years ago

I'd take YYZ and then either The Analog Kid or The Camera Eye.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#967 2 years ago

Not sure if the halftime show will be televised; but putting this out there

23CB47B7-1291-4C0E-97D0-BBEAAAAB24EA (resized).jpeg23CB47B7-1291-4C0E-97D0-BBEAAAAB24EA (resized).jpeg
#968 2 years ago

By tor and the snow dog

#969 2 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Not sure if the halftime show will be televised; but putting this out there
[quoted image]

The Buckeyes marching band have been playing that show all season. Here's a video from this past Fall.

#970 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I'd take YYZ and then either The Analog Kid or The Camera Eye.

YYZ is a must; hit the lit targets, which constantly change in sync with the tempo of the song, for super jackpots.

Camera Eye could be the basis of an interesting mode using a webcam (if this game is going to feature one) and the new online upgrades to the system.

#971 2 years ago

One of the better covid covers...

#972 2 years ago

Gotta have By-tor and the Snow dog on there. And dammit, it better be studio tracks lol

#973 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Brian Allen on art rumor ….

really doubt this, love his art but can't see his style fitting this theme

#974 2 years ago

YYZ and Natural Science or The Necromancer

#975 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

really doubt this, love his art but can't see his style fitting this theme

Kman already flipped on the rumor.

#976 2 years ago

I'm really hoping they add these 3:
Vital Signs
The Weapon
Losing It
(Losing it really kicks in right here and I can see a great mutliball with it:

)

#977 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Kman already flipped on the rumor.

he'll keep guessing until he gets it right then proclaim "he called it"

#978 2 years ago

This is a little snippet of the playfield of prototype for yall rush fans!

20220101_151652_remastered (resized).jpg20220101_151652_remastered (resized).jpg
#979 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

[quoted image]

You can see the time machine sculpt in the center of playfield

#980 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Thanks for this! I'm an apple music user so I created a version there in case it helps anyone...
https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/rush-pinball/pl.u-MDAmWudebE2

Thanks for making that super easy!

#982 2 years ago

Reveal on the 4th if anyone else is hearing that?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#983 2 years ago

my alarm clock is set

#984 2 years ago

9am to distributors and 10am release to the masses - assume that is in CST.

#985 2 years ago

So its not a theme on the stuff i buy from my local brothel damn!!

buy-rush-amyl-nitrate-poppers-online-australia-alkyl-nitrite-500x500 (resized).jpgbuy-rush-amyl-nitrate-poppers-online-australia-alkyl-nitrite-500x500 (resized).jpg
#986 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

my alarm clock is set

Why do you need an alarm James? I won't sleep Monday night !!

#987 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

[quoted image]

Thanks for finding that proto pic vs the digital time machine - dead on match!

Im guessing it will loch balls in it for different time machine multi balls.

#988 2 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

“What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun.” (Ecclesiastes 1:9)
Keep in mind that regardless of the ridiculousness over the past couple of years, the long-term trend is steadily decreasing violent crime rates since the 80s in most areas of the country (peak homicide rate/100k pop. was in 1980).
Add to that the fact that we have great tech that didn’t exist when we were kids. Everyone carries a phone, and GPS tracking is easier than ever for both both people (make sure your kids’ phones are connected to your account and use the “Find My Phone” feature if you get anxious) and vehicles (numerous ways to easily keep tabs on their whereabouts).
Bottom line, the ease with which we can surveil our kids (poor things will NEVER know the freedom we did ) plus the crime stats suggests that it’s objectively SAFER now!
I also don’t believe people are any “worse” now than in the past (the fallacy of looking at the past through rose-colored glasses is universal). The long arc of history shows that on balance, humans have ALWAYS been mostly shit, and going back at least as far as Socrates, older generations have always been pessimistic about younger generations.
The data simply doesn’t support the popular “sky is falling” narrative that seems to have so much of the population in such a stranglehold of anxiety; we are still a long way from the 1991 peak, when I was 17 and on the loose with no pager, no cell, and a nonfunctional odo in my car:
[quoted image]

This data is for violent crime. Have a look at trends for human trafficking.

#989 2 years ago

OSU band doing Rush tunes halftime show at the Rose Bowl

#990 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

OSU band doing Rush tunes halftime show at the Rose Bowl

I was enjoying that too.

#991 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

9am to distributors and 10am release to the masses - assume that is in CST.

I'll be checking my phone every 5 minutes on Tuesday lol

#992 2 years ago

Rose Bowl 2022

FB_IMG_1641084911891 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1641084911891 (resized).jpg
#993 2 years ago

Is it Tuesday yet?

#994 2 years ago

So...what do you guys think A Passage to Bangkok is about lol
Can't believe I haven't paid more attention to 2112 until now. Freakin perfection.

#995 2 years ago

Golden Acapulco nights...ha

#996 2 years ago

My wife was very happy to show that to me a few months ago

#997 2 years ago

One song I haven't seen mentioned on here is Mystic Rhythms. It's on the virtual pin as a pop bumper mode. Never thought much about the song until I started playing pinball to it. It's been one of my favorite modes.

#998 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

One song I haven't seen mentioned on here is Mystic Rhythms. It's on the virtual pin as a pop bumper mode. Never thought much about the song until I started playing pinball to it. It's been one of my favorite modes.

The live version of Mystic Rhythms on A Show of Hands is outstanding!

#999 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

My wife was very happy to show that to me a few months ago

My wife has thrown it back at me, too, lol.

Then again, she has a point; there’s definitely no escaping the fact that Rush concerts were by far the most lopsided sausagefests of any band I ever saw!

I mean, it is sort of like being a fan of D’nD or anime - probably not the sort of stuff that’s likely to set her alight with passion, especially early in the relationship when the “chemistry” is still in the process of building. (If you do get lucky enough to find that one person in a billion who gets revved-up and naughty at the thought of “Syrinx” serving as your “safe word”, then I’d say she’s a definite keeper, lol!)

#1000 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I'll take YYZ and Red Sector A.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/20?hl=nashtyfunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.