20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 89.
#901 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Australian mf's:let's fight

Idk about scrapping an Aussie, they are a pretty tough folk. Too bad they don't have an NHL or NFL franchise.

#902 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Idk about scrapping an Aussie, they are a pretty tough folk. Too bad they don't have an NHL or NFL franchise.

Scrapping isn’t really about winning though - its about the beers afterward… and I have yet to meet a single one that doesn’t share that life philosophy.

#903 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

No doubt this is true. I bet it went something like this.....
Gary: "Who?"
John: "Rush".
Gary: "We are rushing.....we are trying to get the games out as fast as possible but we only have so many parts and time"
John: "No! The band Rush....as a theme.....They are from Canada"
Gary: "You are fired"
John: "Gary no! You have to trust us!"

Lol - ya who knows. Just over the moon that it's happening.

I know there are a 100 other bands that deserve a rock pin also but you can't make everyone happy. I don't think Stern would do more than 1 per year but probably good odds we could see other rock pins from JJ or Spooky soon.

#904 2 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

As long as Subdivisions is one of the tunes I'll be on the way to happy with this title. =)

A friend’s wife misheard the lyric her entire life. Thought the song was named Southerners.

#905 2 years ago

Are there folks who want LEs and can’t get a spot for them?
I’ve got an LE slot but am considering passing on it.
If it’s that popular and folks really want it, I was thinking about taking delivery and playing it for 60-90 days and then selling at cost to a fan.
I’m not a flipper, it’s not worth the time, but if I knew someone would want it shortly after me I’d get it to play for a bit.
Feel free to PM me if that’s you.

Added over 2 years ago:

I had a ton of PMs about this, so safe to say I'm good one someone to flip the game too when I'm done.

#906 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Borg posted this on his Facebook page the other day. If you don’t love this, you have no soul.

That medley was pretty much mind blowing. Thanks for posting this!

#907 2 years ago

All I want is a Harry potter pin…..

#908 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballboy:

Then please go to the Harry Potter thread

#909 2 years ago
Quoted from Dobler:

I got to see them for Hold Your Fire and Presto. I always wished I had seen them on earlier tours, but Hold Your Fire was my first real concert. Went with my best friend and our parents dropped us off and picked us up because we couldn’t drive yet. It was in LA too (The Forum in Inglewood) and looking back I’m a bit surprised that they let us go, but I’m more surprised that they were able to find us after the show in those days before cell phones.
I feel so lucky that I was also able to see their very last show which also happened to be at that same venue.

My parents dropped me off as well back when I was 16. There is no way in I would do that today with my kids. Hell - my 20 year old went to a metal show a few weeks back and I was nervous as a dog in a Chinese restaurant. With age, comes experience and the knowledge of how full of shit the world (people) really is.

#910 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

That is awesome! So much influence to so many people. Their stamp on my life is not quantifiable. I saw them on 3/31/90 on this tour. Below is pic of the stub. I can’t tell what I paid?
[quoted image][quoted image]

The San Jose Sabercats!!! I was a season ticket holder for many, many years! Miss that team.
Man, I used to have one of those cool ticket collages like yours, had a Super Bowl ticket, an NBA Finals ticket, Olympics, tons of concerts, and then our rental house when we were living on the East Coast flooded and it got destroyed.
You and I are practically neighbors. We should play pinball together sometime.

#911 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:My parents dropped me off as well back when I was 16. There is no way in HELL I would do that today with my kids. Hell - my 20 year old went to a metal show a few weeks back and I was nervous as hell. With age, comes experience and the knowledge of how full of shit the world (people) really is.

Me tòo..I remember my mom dropped off with My gf to see Peter Gabriel because I trashed the frame on my 67 convertible 327 Camaro.

#912 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballboy:

Roll the Tonka under the bed and grow up

#913 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Roll the Tonka under the bed and grow up

#914 2 years ago

LE’s and Premium are all but gone at this point in my neck of the woods. Glad I secured a Premium. Looking forward to the reveal on Tuesday.

#915 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

LE’s and Premium are all but gone at this point in my neck of the woods. Glad I secured a Premium. Looking forward to the reveal on Tuesday.

Is there a number on Premiums or do you mean what the first allotment was to the dealers ?

#916 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I think a few LEs will be available when they start taking deposits .Cold feet will open it up for others to RUSH in.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#917 2 years ago

I wasn’t told the specific qty’s they are getting, but All current allotments to my local guys are all spoken for. Consider yourself very lucky if you can score a LE at the 10.5 MSRP! The lists are a mile long right now. All I know is that it definitely helps to have an established relationship with your distributor for this game.
Still hoping for a bit of luck for an LE, but I’ll be more than happy with a Premium!

#918 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I wasn’t told the specific qty’s they are getting, but All current allotments to my local guys are all spoken for. Consider yourself very lucky if you can score a LE at the 10.5 MSRP! The lists are a mile long right now. All I know is that it definitely helps to have an established relationship with your distributor for this game.
Still hoping for a bit of luck for an LE, but I’ll be more than happy with a Premium!

If you know any distros in Australia, you're probably still in luck.

#919 2 years ago

Just get a hold of your favorite distributor... yes most LE are all ready taken.. but someone will always want to bail out when they see the reveal.. and even though they may not want to refund a deposit (I don't plan on doing this).. they will always be happy to pass it on to the next guy wanting one..
Plus a couple of times.. I realized I was happy with just getting a Premium.. and some people will do just that. just stay close with your well known distributor...and beg.. the only thing goofing this up for the people who really want one though.. is just the turd flippers.. that really have NO INTEREST in the game.. I wish the distros would just black ball them for their next purchase attempt..

#920 2 years ago

Who said these won't sell LOL............the LE's are gone. Cannot wait.........

#921 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If you know any distros in Australia, you're probably still in luck.

SYDNEY - Local authorities were on the scene this afternoon to reduce tensions after a crowd gathered outside a commercial amusement equipment distributorship.

Disappointed customers reported irritation at a misunderstood telephone message from a U.S. pinball manufacturer.

"We were led to believe an Australia-themed machine was finally going to be produced, and 200 of us collectors joined the waitlist straight away when we received emailed word from this distributor," said customer Bruce.

A second distributor email apologized that due to an error in the deciphering of a message-taker's handwriting, the forthcoming pinball machine was not named "Bush", themed on the Australian outback, but "Rush", based on the veteran Canadian rock music power trio.

"Crikey, what's a Rush?" asked Bruce.

#922 2 years ago

above post why I come to Pinside

#923 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

SYDNEY - Local authorities were on the scene this afternoon to reduce tensions after a crowd gathered outside a commercial amusement equipment distributorship.
Disappointed customers reported irritation at a misunderstood telephone message from a U.S. pinball manufacturer.
"We were led to believe an Australia-themed machine was finally going to be produced, and 200 of us collectors joined the waitlist straight away when we received emailed word from this distributor," said customer Bruce.
A second distributor email apologized that due to an error in the deciphering of a message-taker's handwriting, the forthcoming pinball machine was not named "Bush", themed on the Australian outback, but "Rush", based on the veteran Canadian rock music power trio.
"Crikey, what's a Rush?" asked Bruce.

LOL

#924 2 years ago

Final test mount on my BM66 until the pin actually arrives. Still gotta find the right lighting effect for the Starman....but it's coming together as I had envisioned!!

So stoked for this pin!!!

#925 2 years ago

Since i'm guessing the vast majority of people commenting in this thread are Rush fans, I wanted to throw this hidden gem out there for everyone to geek out on. This guy Tyler Warren took it upon himself to re-record the entire Permanent Waves album from beginning to end, and he played every instrument, vocal, and effect himself. It's an amazing enough feat to learn to cover either Neil, Geddy, or Alex's parts individually, but to thoroughly learn ALL of their parts for the entire record and completely nail each of their performances is truly next level. He even managed to capture the actual "sound and feel" of the record as well. As a musician myself, this is truly one of the most astounding things I have ever seen and hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do.

#926 2 years ago

Blowing my mind Tyler

#927 2 years ago

I hope they have "Eat Neil's Sandwich" mode.

#928 2 years ago
Quoted from Evets:

Just to test my memory of opening bands for RUSH that I've seen, besides Mr. Big... Tommy Shaw, Candlebox, Primus, maybe James (not sure about this one), McCauley-Schenker (sp?) Group, Steve Morse, Eric Johnson... I know I'm forgetting an 80's band in this trip down memory lane.

I was wracking my own memory on Rush opening acts as well. Rory Gallagher opened up when I saw the Signals tour in late ‘82. I was young and did not know who he was at the time, but I did a deep dive and discovered the Taste albums and his solo stuff. He was a great Irish blues guitarist if you are not familiar with him. RIP.

I think Blue Oyster Cult was with them on another 80s tour. I saw Mr. Big on the Presto tour, and Primus a couple years later. There are gaps in my memory for other tours, though.

#929 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

No doubt this is true. I bet it went something like this.....
Gary: "Who?"
John: "Rush".
Gary: "We are rushing.....we are trying to get the games out as fast as possible but we only have so many parts and time"
John: "No! The band Rush....as a theme.....They are from Canada"
Gary: "You are fired"
John: "Gary no! You have to trust us!"

Funny as hell and probably true.
Haven’t been this pumped about a title in a long time.

#930 2 years ago

Primus opened the night here in Seattle ‘92 for the Roll the Bones tour

Had front row seats on the end in front of Alex. That guy can really chew his gum during a performance - ha!

#931 2 years ago

I've seen Rush 28 times some of the opening acts that I remember Max Webster's(2) UFO, Uriah Heep which in the beginning rush used to open up for. Marillion ,StarCastle, Alice in chains, Eric Johnson, Candlebox ,Red Rider mr. Big.. and then there was no opening act because it was two and a half hours of rush like Gene Simmons says you know who sounds like rush .....RUSH....

#932 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Premiums and LEs are sold out??

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#933 2 years ago

AUKraut are you gonna be mass producing these for sale? Not a topper guy but that is FREAKIN AMAZING!

#934 2 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

Since i'm guessing the vast majority of people commenting in this thread are Rush fans, I wanted to throw this hidden gem out there for everyone to geek out on. This guy Tyler Warren took it upon himself to re-record the entire Permanent Waves album from beginning to end, and he played every instrument, vocal, and effect himself. It's an amazing enough feat to learn to cover either Neil, Geddy, or Alex's parts individually, but to thoroughly learn ALL of their parts for the entire record and completely nail each of their performances is truly next level. He even managed to capture the actual "sound and feel" of the record as well. As a musician myself, this is truly one of the most astounding things I have ever seen and hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do.

That is fu**ing awesome

#935 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Premiums and LEs are sold out??

I was told it’s Gonna be Tough to get one from their initial allotment if you are not already on a list. Very high interest in this pin.

#936 2 years ago

Wow. That is truly amazing. So cool!!!!

#937 2 years ago

Huge Tyler fan and I’m convinced he’s an Alien. His Queen and Van Halen stuff is equally awesome. He did little guitars tribute to Eddie after he passed and it’s perfect.

#938 2 years ago

1,000,0000 more talented than I. Thanks

#939 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

AUKraut are you gonna be mass producing these for sale? Not a topper guy but that is FREAKIN AMAZING!

Thanks!! Thought about it, but RUSH & SRO are pretty protective of their copyright.....

It's all 3D printed in pieces and then put together. Many hours to print all that out, so it wouldn't be cheap!

#940 2 years ago

Kaneda just predicted that Brian Allen is the artist for RUSH. That'd be cool for Brian, as I'm a huge fan and have a couple of his pieces. Still not a buyer of RUSH, but maybe Brian's next game will be irresistible! Fingers crossed.

#941 2 years ago

Well Dirty Donny had done some for it a while back, do they typically change artists during a project?

#942 2 years ago

Like all Australians on Pinside, I’ve tried to like Rush. Heaven knows I’ve tried … and failed.

But I think we’ve all been utterly impressed by the fervour of the true fans of the band who have waited patiently for this moment.

If the pin lives up to that level of passion then it will be an instant classic. And there will be fighting in the streets over the one or two LEs that make it to Sydney…

#943 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

The San Jose Sabercats!!! I was a season ticket holder for many, many years! Miss that team.
Man, I used to have one of those cool ticket collages like yours, had a Super Bowl ticket, an NBA Finals ticket, Olympics, tons of concerts, and then our rental house when we were living on the East Coast flooded and it got destroyed.
You and I are practically neighbors. We should play pinball together sometime.

Sorry to hear that you lost you ticket stubs. That would be difficult. The Sabercats was indeed a great time out! Looking forward to hopefully making it to the pinball festival in Lodi this year.

The Rush pin is still unbelievable to me as there will never be another pin I will need as much as this one.

“Beyond the lighted playfield”

ED5F227A-0C1B-4628-950B-5F02621074EC (resized).jpegED5F227A-0C1B-4628-950B-5F02621074EC (resized).jpeg
#944 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

Kaneda just predicted that Brian Allen is the artist for RUSH. That'd be cool for Brian, as I'm a huge fan and have a couple of his pieces. Still not a buyer of RUSH, but maybe Brian's next game will be irresistible! Fingers crossed.

He just killed his FB page and podcast (again), where does he now spread rumours?

Other then that: I'd like to see a Brian Allen machine!

#945 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

Someone should make a poll..
A) in on LE, super excited
B) in for premium, Rock on!
C) pro is good enough as long as I get all the kick ass music
D) I'm from Australia, who or what is Rush?

corrected for you
Gotta love your passion for the band guys but not having grown up with it, it hasn't grown on me in the last week of trying to see the love. Needless to say there's been other music pins where the music was no interest to me, however the pin is legendary. Aerosmith anyone? So lets see the game!!

#946 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Other then that: I'd like to see a Brian Allen machine!

The art on this one really has me curious. I'm so conditioned to the Symes realistic imagery look and feel for the Rush visual identity that I wonder if an illustrated style for the pin would hit me kinda like the Show of Hands piece above, which is part of the portfolio but a ways down the list of images that immediately come to mind when I think of the band.

I'd be super interested to see just about any of the pin artists we know take a crack at this one - the key for me would be their enthusiasm for it. I hope whoever did the project was just as inspired, excited, and passionate about doing the art for this pin as so many Rush fans can be about the band. You know who you are! It's why you're reading this thread about a pin that doesn't exist yet.

Brian Allen really seems to dig Monster Bash. Maybe he's even more excited about Rush? Like "Rush in Rio" level excited?

20211218_140939.jpg20211218_140939.jpg
#947 2 years ago

The Body Electric cartoon from 1985 set to Rush.

#948 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

Like all Australians on Pinside, I’ve tried to like Rush. Heaven knows I’ve tried … and failed.
But I think we’ve all been utterly impressed by the fervour of the true fans of the band who have waited patiently for this moment.
If the pin lives up to that level of passion then it will be an instant classic. And there will be fighting in the streets over the one or two LEs that make it to Sydney…

Love this, @chambo.

There's really no way to hide that Rush music is different than a lot that was produced by their contemporaries. Some of it is kinda like getting into hardcore chess, or bridge, or artisanal vegemite, or cricket.

The 17 announced tracks give you a taste of that, but there’s also plenty there that when matched with pinball you're playing will quickly clarify for you why fans intuitively knew for a long time that Rush and pinball could be a tremendous match. Many of us are super stoked to see how that could work in reality - at long, long last!

#949 2 years ago

I like this tribute band, The Modern Day Warriors.

#950 2 years ago

I thought this was worth a share. Not sure if the kid saw it as a challenge or was just a fan. Audience reaction was a bit

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/19?hl=nashtyfunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.