20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 89.
#801 2 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

I was at the same show. Arrived late so Mr. Big effect minimized...

NICE! On the way out, we were in the remote parking lot, so had to cross that pedestrian bridge over the parking lot to the stadium. It was slow going. Some dude started singing "You Got What I Need" by Biz Markie. Everyone joined in. The whole tunnel. Pretty funny.

Quoted from DrDQ:

I was there too![quoted image]

Ticketron was the bomb. I might need a Ticketron shirt.

#802 2 years ago

Hoping Borg repurposed the cabinet LED strips like used in Zep. Really liked how that lighting integrated into the game.

#803 2 years ago

When is the announcement? January?

#804 2 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

I was there too![quoted image]

Wow! Would have loved to see some of those shows from the 80's! I first saw them on the Presto tour - having missed Hold your Fire. If only I could have seen Hold your Fire or Power Windows (isn't Mystic Rhythms one of the best songs ever?)

#805 2 years ago

I might have missed it - but any word on who is doing the art?

#806 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hoping Borg repurposed the cabinet LED strips like used in Zep. Really liked how that lighting integrated into the game.

I think that was a one off SR thing and they shouldn’t over do a good thing.

#807 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Any distros w/an LE slot available please PM. Thx.
RUSH was the first concert I ever saw. Would love to add the pin.
I deserve it. I had to sit thru Mr. Big!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I have my stub from this show, too!

#808 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

When is the announcement? January?

My dealer told me the announcement is next Tuesday.

#809 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

My dealer told me the announcement is next Tuesday.

It's going to be a long weekend.

#810 2 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

So are you worried the game isn’t going to sell out?

Not at all. Just replied to a guy who claimed that Rush is bigger caliber than Maiden.

#811 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Would agree if it was a bash toy or specific ramp but it’s simple lighting. As a music pin I feel it would compliment well personally

#812 2 years ago

Just went for a walk and listened to some of the greats from Signals with my AirPods (I think we all know listening to Rush with a headset on takes it to another level); The Analog Kid, Digital Man and the Weapon; each song just so good and so intense in their own way. I come inside singing loudly (terribly) to the Weapon and my Wife is giggling and trying to tell me she wants to show me something that she just saw:

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/an-faq-about-your-new-birth-control-the-music-of-rush

#813 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I'd be really surprised if they didn't - there had to be a good amount of R&D putting the expression lights system together and it would seem like a waste to not re-use it on other music games. I sure hope they do, it's an awesome feature on LZ!

#814 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I might have missed it - but any word on who is doing the art?

No idea. Gut feel is that Hugh Syme is involved somehow. He did sooo much work for them but he is not really an illustrator which is what the game needs. This is the one aspect that im concerned about. That the game could have a very photoshopy feel to it. Franchi would kill it and he is bros with Borg and back on team Stern but I think this was already done before he got rehired by Stern. I will buy the game no matter the art but it does have me slightly worried.

#815 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

No idea. Gut feel is that Hugh Syme is involved somehow. He did sooo much work for them but he is not really an illustrator which is what the game needs. This is the one aspect that im concerned about. That the game could have a very photoshopy feel to it. Franchi would kill it and he is bros with Borg and back on team Stern but I think this was already done before he got rehired by Stern. I will buy the game no matter the art but it does have me slightly worried.

#816 2 years ago

was thinking today if they had used Force Ten (not that Hold Your Fire is my favorite album by any means) they could have incorporated a whirlwind like effect

#817 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Any distros w/an LE slot available please PM. Thx.
RUSH was the first concert I ever saw. Would love to add the pin.
I deserve it. I had to sit thru Mr. Big!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

AGHHHHH- My brother and I also sat through Mr. Big in Baltimore on the same tour.

#818 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Paul Gilbert is one of the nicest dudes in Rock. And AMAZING guitarist and he LOVES Rush. Not sure why a few people on here are throwing shade at Mr. Big. You could do a LOT worse than Billy Sheehan and Paul Gilbert as an opening act!!!

Damn right Mr. Big was a great band!

Sorry if I gave the impression of throwing shade; we only heckled Paul during the ballad stuff, and he definitely took it in the good-natured way we intended. I am certain he could see from our reactions to other stuff he played that we were major fans of his, and when they got to the part where he was getting ready to cut loose with that drill/guitar pick contraption, he faced us, made eye contact and grimaced into the most ridiculously exaggerated "guitar face" I think I've ever seen, then proceeded to blow the roof off the arena - so f'in cool!

Billy was great as well. I loved the bands he was involved in, and of course had the Talas album, but his amazing talent didn't fully "click" with me until I later discovered Naicin, a Fusion outfit consisting of Sheehan, Dennis Chambers (d), and John Novello (B-3). If you are a fan of 70s Prog and/or Fusion and haven't heard the band, you really owe it to yourself as it's some of the most sophisticated music I've ever heard out of a trio, with some drumming and Hammond work that would give Billy Cobham and Keith Emerson a run for their money! (Start with "Organik" or "Live! Blood, Sweat, and Beers", and prepare to sit slack-jawed.)

#819 2 years ago

Billy joined DLR solo along with Steve Vai and Greg Bissonette .That was a great short run .Eat Em and Smile was a gem IMO.

#820 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Billy joined DLR solo along with Steve Vai and Greg Bissonette .That was a great short run .Eat Em and Smile was a gem IMO.

The two-album run was way too short, as was the "Eat Em' and Smile" album length (barely 30min if I remember correctly, but at least there's no "filler" tracks)!

Oh well, I guess quality>quantity.

#821 2 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

The two-album run was way too short, as was the "Eat Em' and Smile" album length (barely 30min if I remember correctly, but at least there's no "filler" tracks)!
Oh well, I guess quality>quantity.

As good as any Van Halen album IMO (which is saying a lot!)

#822 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

funny-i-like-you-but-youre-crazy.giffunny-i-like-you-but-youre-crazy.gif
#823 2 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

Billy was great as well. I loved the bands he was involved in,

Winery Dogs is another great Billy band. Richie Kotzen is an insanely great guitarist/vocalist...saw in @ The Baked Potato in LA (a religious experience

#824 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Would agree if it was a bash toy or specific ramp but it’s simple lighting. As a music pin I feel it would compliment well personally

Not disputing whether or not it would work well but it’s the simple analogy that too much a good thing makes it no longer special or good. If JJP put the GNR light rails on every pin going forward I personally think that wouldn’t be good. Jmho though.

#825 2 years ago

It is always impossible to fit every song that every fan wants into a game but 17 is a good number, for me I wish they included "The Analog Kid". Looking forward to playing this but as with most rock band themed pins I probably won't own it unless it really blows me away with gameplay.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#826 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yeah, and look at Beatles. They apparently sold over 600 million albums worldwide and Stern's production of 1,964 sold very slowly.

I think that had more to do with Stern's absurd pricing scheme and Gold/Platinum/Diamond scam, plus the fact that it was a very low-effort reskin of an old (though well regarded) solid state Stern pin. Oh, and they didn't even have full songs or videos. Just a lot of negatives with Beatles, so no comparison.

Rush is at least a full, new pin and not a reskin with (apparently) complete songs, so it's starting from a better place right out of the gate.

And where are the Beatles sales currently? Pretty sure they're not close to the 1964 stated limit yet because they're stuck with Golds only to sell, so they haven't made many more.

#827 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I agree 100% and am praying it’s incorporated in Rush .Expression lighting .LZ’s light show is second to one IMO.

#828 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Would Stern have the patent on expression lighting ? Meaning if someone works for Stern and comes up with the idea at work ,is it Sterns or the persons ? Just wondering .

#829 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think that had more to do with Stern's absurd pricing scheme and Gold/Platinum/Diamond scam, plus the fact that it was a very low-effort reskin of an old (though well regarded) solid state Stern pin. Oh, and they didn't even have full songs or videos. Just a lot of negatives with Beatles, so no comparison.
Rush is at least a full, new pin and not a reskin with (apparently) complete songs, so it's starting from a better place right out of the gate.
And where are the Beatles sales currently? Pretty sure they're not close to the 1964 stated limit yet because they're stuck with Golds only to sell, so they haven't made many more.

Yeah, I bought the Gold and felt the pricing was fair (all things considered).

I think all your points are valid for us pinheads even if I don't agree with all of them. That said, there are millions of Beatles fans that aren't pinball collectors/critics and I'm surprised Stern wasn't able to sell the game more effectively to them. In fact, I could argue the retro simplicity of the game was targeted more at that crowd. GNR for example, with it's arcane rule set, would be harder for a non-pinhead to grok.

#830 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

No.......I am a HUGE Dave era Halen nut but IMO every Halen album blows doors off of Eat 'em and Smile, except Diver Down. With that being said, Eat 'em was Dave's ONLY good solo album. I actually saw that tour and 5150 Tour at the Cow Palace and liked the Dave show way more simply because he was still kind of trying and they played more than half the show was Halen. 5150 is an awesome album, but it is Sammy.....who I like, but it is not really real Van Halen. Singing songs like When It's Love and other keyboardy cheese soft songs is not Van Halen.

#831 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Would Stern have the patent on expression lighting ? Meaning if someone works for Stern and comes up with the idea at work ,is it Sterns or the persons ? Just wondering .

I was curious about this as well

#832 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It is always impossible to fit every song that every fan wants into a game but 17 is a good number, for me I wish they included "The Analog Kid". Looking forward to playing this but as with most rock band themed pins I probably won't own it unless it really blows me away with gameplay.

Here’s a totally alternate playlist; even with leaving out each of the 17 songs, I struggled to limit this to 17 so I went over. I picked alternative songs I thought would be a good pinball fit;

Finding My Way
Anthem
Beneath Between and Behind
Fountain of Lamneth; Didacts and Narpets/No One at the Bridge
Something for Nothing
Cinderella Man
Natural Science
YYZ
Vital Signs
The Analog Kid
Digital Man
Between The Wheels
Grand Designs
Force Ten
Presto
Cut to the Chase
Secret Touch
Malignant Narcissism
The Anarchist
The Garden : Final Wizard Mode (with delayed Ball Saver On - when down to one ball)

#833 2 years ago

Another sign... Lol

20211230_172307 (resized).jpg20211230_172307 (resized).jpg
#834 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Another sign... Lol
[quoted image]

I just hope that doesn’t mean prems are 12k

#835 2 years ago

So a Podcaster said that LE is confirmed at 10.5. What does that mean for Prem prices?

#836 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:So a Podcaster said that LE is confirmed at 10.5. What does that mean for Prem prices?

#837 2 years ago

Just to test my memory of opening bands for RUSH that I've seen, besides Mr. Big... Tommy Shaw, Candlebox, Primus, maybe James (not sure about this one), McCauley-Schenker (sp?) Group, Steve Morse, Eric Johnson... I know I'm forgetting an 80's band in this trip down memory lane.

#838 2 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

D
Billy was great as well. I loved the bands he was involved in, and of course had the Talas album, but his amazing talent didn't fully "click" with me until I later discovered Naicin, a Fusion outfit consisting of Sheehan, Dennis Chambers (d), and John Novello (B-3). If you are a fan of 70s Prog and/or Fusion and haven't heard the band, you really owe it to yourself as it's some of the most sophisticated music I've ever heard out of a trio, with some drumming and Hammond work that would give Billy Cobham and Keith Emerson a run for their money! (Start with "Organik" or "Live! Blood, Sweat, and Beers", and prepare to sit slack-jawed.)

Oddly enough... he is a scientologist.

I met him once and he is pretty out there, like the lights are on but no one is home.

#839 2 years ago

Not crazy by any stretch!

Vai could mop the floor with EVH (sorry it’s true - I’ve seen both several times, no comparison), and Alex and Michael play like amateurs compared with Bissonette and Sheehan. VH did have some sweet vocal harmonizing the DLR band couldn’t match though.

I challenge you to cite anything by VH that features musicianship at the level of “Elephant Gun”, “Shyboy”, or “Damn Good”!

#840 2 years ago
Quoted from Evets:

Just to test my memory of opening bands for RUSH that I've seen, besides Mr. Big... Tommy Shaw, Candlebox, Primus, maybe James (not sure about this one), McCauley-Schenker (sp?) Group, Steve Morse, Eric Johnson... I know I'm forgetting an 80's band in this trip down memory lane.

Marillion and Fastway also opened for them in the 80s

#841 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

So a Podcaster said that LE is confirmed at 10.5. What does that mean for Prem prices?

Link? Too many pinball podcasts lol.

#842 2 years ago

I’m one of the few that loved my LZprem .I can honestly say it was one of the best shooting games I’ve ever played .That being said my kids even told me they were bored because there was “nothing to do “. Basically the lack of mechs .Now compare with GZ .How can you charge the same for each title ? Did the license cost that much more for LZ that SR was handcuffed ? I’m just not understanding how each title costs the same .I would think prices would need to be adjusted for what you get .I just hope Rush is the complete package .I can see them wanting nothing less than what they put out in they’re careers .I really don’t think they’re money grabbers in that they offered as much as they could to put out a product worthy of the RUSH tag .

#843 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m one of the few that loved my LZprem .I can honestly say it was one of the best shooting games I’ve ever played .That being said my kids even told me they were bored because there was “nothing to do “.

Should've kept the machine and sold the kids to science.

#844 2 years ago

17 songs crammed into a pinball machine. Obviously you can't do full cuts of Cygnus or 2112. There is no set list that would please any one of us because the band spans many eras and has so many awesome songs. But really, whom of us should complain if we are Rush fans. Did any of us actually think this game would ever come to fruition . I started a post on Pinside 9 years ago that I would love to see a Rush pinball machine. Never, ever thinking that that would really occur. I think we are all blessed. Just my two cents.

#845 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Should've kept the machine and sold the kids to science.

LMFAO ! Actually traded plus cash for this so was the right move .I will have one back sooner than later

6B3C838D-09E3-44FD-BE2E-8EB12A62294E (resized).jpeg6B3C838D-09E3-44FD-BE2E-8EB12A62294E (resized).jpeg
#846 2 years ago
Quoted from Evets:

Max Webster
Also believe it or not Toto in 1979.

There's a site out there somewhere that tells all the opening acts for every concert, but I just can't find it now.

#847 2 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

17 songs crammed into a pinball machine. Obviously you can't do full cuts of Cygnus or 2112. There is no set list that would please any one of us because the band spans many eras and has so many awesome songs. But really, whom of us should complain if we are Rush fans. Did any of us actually think this game would ever come to fruition . I started a post on Pinside 9 years ago that I would love to see a Rush pinball machine. Never, ever thinking that that would really occur. I think we are all blessed. Just my two cents.

Your right .RUSH always have been looked over in mainstream universe .I really think this pin will be more a story than a concert .That’s who they are and that’s what we’ll get

#848 2 years ago

Here’s a totally alternate playlist; even with leaving out each of the 17 songs, I struggled to limit this to 17 so I went over. I picked alternative songs I thought would be a good pinball fit;
Finding My Way
Anthem
Beneath Between and Behind
Fountain of Lamneth; Didacts and Narpets/No One at the Bridge
Something for Nothing
Cinderella Man
Natural Science
YYZ
Vital Signs
The Analog Kid
Digital Man
Between The Wheels
Grand Designs
Force Ten
Presto
Cut to the Chase
Secret Touch
Malignant Narcissism
The Anarchist
The Garden : Final Wizard Mode (with delayed Ball Saver On - when down to one

#849 2 years ago

Any chance Dirty Donny could be back for Rush artwork? Canada connection there..

#850 2 years ago

Drdq,There are so many great Rush songs even with your massive list there are still great tunes missing The trees,lakeside park,necromancer

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/17?hl=vipervs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.