20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 89.
#651 2 years ago

Should see all pics and full reveal Tuesday the 4th.

#652 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Well said.
I think I may be worse lol but I don't care. At 53 I am also a life long fan. It's going to be a long painful wait for delivery but man, I am so blown away this is really happening.

Won't be long, they bang out some pros for the ops in Jan. Then make all 1000 LE. Mid February.

#653 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Am I more impressed that GRzzz is a Rush fan or that there are still record stores to visit? Can’t say I could find one if someone asked.

http://www.milelongrecords.com

350 W Front St Wheaton, IL 60187

#654 2 years ago

Well dam never seen that place. Thanks.

#655 2 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Won't be long, they bang out some pros for the ops in Jan. Then make all 1000 LE. Mid February.

So end of Feb for us west coast guys?

#656 2 years ago

Any word on who designed Rush?

#658 2 years ago

I’m a lifelong rush fan and have to say this is pretty awesome. Not sure how well it’ll do on location….seems like rush was a niche band. But I can see it appealing to the lot of the pinball collector demographic.

I mean, if Iron Maiden got a pinball machine….in my mind rush stands in a caliber of music that’s so far above that.

I can’t believe you’re saying, these things just can’t be true. Our world could use this beauty, just think what we might do…

#659 2 years ago
FB_IMG_1640780096442 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1640780096442 (resized).jpg
#660 2 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

You mean like for every music pin that’s ever been released? So, what you’re saying is different people like different music!?!?!? Crazy.

I'm simply stating my personal feelings about this pin, exactly like everyone else in this thread. I didn't know this thread only allowed 100% positive posts, sorry for my ignorance. Also, I hope you also downvote everyone else that isn't super positive about this pin as we obviously can't be allowed to have different opinions

#661 2 years ago

I’m 63 and this generation of music is a bit after my time. However, I really like most of it and think it’s perfect pinball music and am down for a Pro….if. If, it is more than simply a concert pin.
For you knowledgeable fans, what kind of themes taken from their albums might we see get developed and be fun?

#662 2 years ago

Just throwing this in here… lol

29AA0E0C-13C7-466D-AE1F-32A12B78DE11 (resized).jpeg29AA0E0C-13C7-466D-AE1F-32A12B78DE11 (resized).jpeg76043DE0-1911-4CE6-BF41-FFAF774CCFAE (resized).jpeg76043DE0-1911-4CE6-BF41-FFAF774CCFAE (resized).jpeg
#663 2 years ago

Enter the time machine...

#664 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Am I more impressed that GRzzz is a Rush fan or that there are still record stores to visit? Can’t say I could find one if someone asked.

Record store owner here. We will be putting pinballs in our newly expanded space. We also arent too far away.
Toad Hall books and Records.
Rockford il
Toadhallonline.com

#665 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I'm simply stating my personal feelings about this pin, exactly like everyone else in this thread. I didn't know this thread only allowed 100% positive posts, sorry for my ignorance. Also, I hope you also downvote everyone else that isn't super positive about this pin as we obviously can't be allowed to have different opinions

it's not about having to provide 100% positive comments. however, it seems odd that anyone would bother to insert themselves into a thread for something they're not passionate about and then wonder why stones are cast at them

constructive criticism is always welcome, but mindless comments are best kept to yourself

when introduced to new acquaintances, you don't start off by saying "I dislike everything that you do, so let's move on and talk about the stuff that I like", do you?

#666 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I’m 63 and this generation of music is a bit after my time. However, I really like most of it and think it’s perfect pinball music and am down for a Pro….if. If, it is more than simply a concert pin.
For you knowledgeable fans, what kind of themes taken from their albums might we see get developed and be fun?

+1 for hoping it's not a concert pin. I noticed a lot of people say that they didn't care for Iron Maiden music or didn't know it, but the pin itself was enough to get them past that.
If they slap this thing full of the band's face it's going to turn off an already skeptical crowd. The trailer was a good sign though using the owl instead of band members.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#667 2 years ago
Quoted from Three60in:

Record store owner here. We will be putting pinballs in our newly expanded space. We also arent too far away.
Rockford il
Toadhallonline.com

Sidebar: Neat idea. Going to focus on just music pins?

#668 2 years ago

No. Its gonna be a mix. First 3 will be stern big game. Firepower and elvira hoh.

We have a rush prem on order. Not sure what location it will go to yet. But will be in rockford area.

#669 2 years ago

Who wants to be the first to get the Rush pin club thread started? How about "Welcome to the Temple of Syrinx...Official Rush Club"

#670 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Who wants to be the first to get the Rush pin club thread started? How about "Welcome to the Temple of Syrinx...Official Rush Club"

I’ll hold off and take the 4th thread

#671 2 years ago
Quoted from Three60in:

First 3 will be stern big game.

You had me at hello.

#672 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Tact.

Are you familiar with the concept?

I hate football. Know what I don’t do? Go to the football thread here and say “well this football shit sure is stupid”. Yes, I’m allowed my opinions on football, but since I have nothing of value to contribute to a football thread, I’ll exercise my freedom of speech by NOT speaking on the matter.

“I’m simply stating my personal feelings”

Oh, I didn’t know this thread only allowed 100% positive posts about your comments. Nobody wants to hear your pointlessly negative opinion, so we’re letting you know “our personal feelings” on your personal feelings

#673 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Tact.
[redacted]

Irony.

#674 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

How about "Official Rush Club - "We Have Assumed Control"?

#675 2 years ago

Yeah, you’re right, that’s a bit extra. I’ll edit it.

#676 2 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Rush official Facebook finally put the video up three hours ago over 27,000 views already.
I believe they’re going to have lots and lots of assets and footage from the comedy intermissions of the Time Machine tour which is fantastic I can’t wait to see what Stern does with this game I think it’s going to be amazing.
[quoted image]

...and they should. That was some impressive and hilarious material. The best was probably the Alex segments from Snakes and Arrows - bizarre but interesting as well.

#677 2 years ago

I want to see the layout and features before I commit. I love Rush, but if it’s not done right it could be a disaster. Wasn’t too impressed with the teaser video.

#678 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

...and they should. That was some impressive and hilarious material. The best was probably the Alex segments from Snakes and Arrows - bizarre but interesting as well.

I would think many of those outtakes will be added. I can't imagine this pin will be super serious, that's not Rush's personality.

#679 2 years ago

Please Stern add Rush pinball Tshirts!

#680 2 years ago

When will there be PF and game images?

#681 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

I want to see the layout and features before I commit. I love Rush, but if it’s not done right it could be a disaster. Wasn’t too impressed with the teaser video.

I waited on Godzilla until I saw the playfield. Was able to find an LE that morning. If you want one be prepared to make a lot of phone calls not emails or texts and don't give up. They are not really sold out before they are announced.

#682 2 years ago

Time travel is an excellent idea to include all of the songs ..don't like owls?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#683 2 years ago

So few distributors in Ontario. Good luck me finding one at a reasonable price. I'll wait until the border is clear and open and make the trek in a few years.

#684 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

I waited on Godzilla until I saw the playfield. Was able to find an LE that morning. If you want one be prepared to make a lot of phone calls not emails or texts and don't give up. They are not really sold out before they are announced.

Well there is a waiting list, I think...but that was before distributors knew there would be 1000 of them. I think if you want one you'll be able to find one.

#685 2 years ago

The animation was pretty janky... does anyone know if that owl animation is from anything else or was it made for this? I read that they got the videos for Iron Maiden from the mobile game. They're not the best but they get the job done.

#686 2 years ago

Was it always like this with the long wait in between teaser and sneak a peek ? Is this how the pinball gods created FOMO?

#687 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Was it always like this with the long wait in between teaser and sneak a peek ? Is this how the pinball gods created FOMO?

Yes, and yes.
0D16BE47-1CF4-4D08-8C5F-F72707274205 (resized).jpeg0D16BE47-1CF4-4D08-8C5F-F72707274205 (resized).jpeg

#688 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Yes, and yes.

That’s why they’re the gods I guess

#689 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

The animation was pretty janky... does anyone know if that owl animation is from anything else or was it made for this? I read that they got the videos for Iron Maiden from the mobile game. They're not the best but they get the job done.

Its a pinball game …. Not a pixar film I kid and agree but in my opinion its more than good enuff. I imagine they will use both custom and tour assets.

#690 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Its a pinball game …. Not a pixar film I kid and agree but in my opinion its more than good enuff. I imagine they will use both custom and tour assets.

Yeah I don't want to come off as overly critical, especially since most of us barely have time to look up at the display.

It was just interesting to find out the maiden ones came from the mobile game. It made sense why they have a certain feel to them when I found that out. Also made me wonder what kind of in-house graphics staff Stern has or if they outsource this kind of thing?

#691 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

How about "Official Rush Club - "We Have Assumed Control"?

Official Rush Club - Now landing at YYZ, Exit Stage Left

#692 2 years ago
Quoted from Three60in:

Rockford il
Toadhallonline.com

Based on where you're from, I take it a Cheap Trick pin would not be unwelcome.

Cheap Trick (resized).jpgCheap Trick (resized).jpg
#693 2 years ago

A quick question for the Stern NIB regulars: What is the educated guess for when the Premiums will be available? LE's are manufactured first, as mentioned above (February?), but do Pros come before Premiums or does Stern tend to manufacture both simultaneously? Just trying to work out the budget here... Thanks.

#694 2 years ago
Quoted from Evets:

A quick question for the Stern NIB regulars: What is the educated guess for when the Premiums will be available? LE's are manufactured first, as mentioned above (February?), but do Pros come before Premiums or does Stern tend to manufacture both simultaneously? Just trying to work out the budget here... Thanks.

Not a NIB regular, but I've gleaned that it goes Pros (for operators), LEs, then Premiums. Not sure what that will do to the Rush timeline but yeah February sounds OK?

#695 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I've gleaned that it goes Pros (for operators), LEs, then Premiums

Thanks!

#696 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Yeah I don't want to come off as overly critical, especially since most of us barely have time to look up at the display.

No it immediately stood out. Stern usually does better in the end product in hiding those weaknesses ( you see a lot of compression in some game assets etc)

Iron Maiden didn’t use video from the game, the characters, theme and art direction were based on the game. It’s basically made to be of the same dna of the game, but its all new animation.

And yes stern has animators and artists in house.

#697 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Based on where you're from, I take it a Cheap Trick pin would not be unwelcome. [quoted image]

Hell yeah i actually have a pic of Rick Neilsen playing some of my pins. Great guys.

Not sure how a CT pin would sell but id have to buy like 10. Since my record store is on "the cheap trick tour" we get people from all over the world that come see all the sights.

People would buy em right outta my store.

#699 2 years ago
Quoted from Three60in:

Hell yeah i actually have a pic of Rick Neilsen playing some of my pins. Great guys.
Not sure how a CT pin would sell but id have to buy like 10. Since my record store is on "the cheap trick tour" we get people from all over the world that come see all the sights.
People would buy em right outta my store.

Would love a Cheap Trick pin! They are still out there kicking ass, latest album is Another World and is excellent just like every lp they ever put out. Older bands tend to suffer from the singer not being able to hit the highs or changing the key of songs so they can keep up but Robin Zander sound as good as ever.
Give Another World a listen if you have not thought of CT in a while, it is some heavy shit,they do not sound there age.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/14?hl=rockfordreplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.