20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 89.
#551 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and you're thinking of ABACAB.

No - Abacab was named after the sections of the song bits Genesis was putting together. Another great band though!

Here is what I found about YYZ....

Title and composition

YYZ is the IATA airport identification code for Toronto Pearson International Airport, of Rush's native area of Toronto. It is common practice for air navigation aids to broadcast their identifier code in Morse code using VHF omnidirectional range (VOR). A plane using VOR equipment would then always know it's tracking the right station. The song's introduction, played in a time signature of 10/8 (not 5/4 as the eighth note clearly is receiving the beat, not the quarter note), repeatedly renders the letters "Y-Y-Z" in Morse Code using various musical arrangements.

#552 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

No - Abacab was named after the sections of the song bits Genesis was putting together. Another great band though!

Right. That's what I thought he meant. I forgot the Morse code connection to the airport code.

#553 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

What does "Traveling soon" mean? Obviously a "time traveler" themed machine!!! What a great idea.

I hope so! I'm crossing my fingers for some kind of storyline, as opposed to "collect a bunch of tours."

#554 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

What does "Traveling soon" mean? Obviously a "time traveler" themed machine!!! What a great idea.

I was wondering the same thing, especially with open slot looking machine resembling The Time Machine.

#555 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I am super pumped for this game, but I swear to God if it's code name ends up being BTTF my feelings are going to be hurt.

#556 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

This is a big deal and respect for Rush. Congrats Rush, Ed and Stern!

Correct.....This is simply MORE validation that they are one of the elite bands of all time. Which they easily are.....After decades of not getting the credit they always deserved.

#557 2 years ago

Lots of people find all Rush's time signature changes and creative drum fills to be too much to wrap their heads around.

My brain eats it up, though.

Although I tried listening to Dream Theater briefly, and I was like, wow, they take everything that some people find "tedious" about Rush and run with it! Exhausting even to me. So now I get it, if that's what Rush is like for fans of "normal" rock.

Glad we're past having to justify Rush getting a pin! It's happening!

#558 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

I was wondering the same thing, especially with open slot looking machine resembling The Time Machine.

Time Machine will be key to this game I think.

#559 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

Correct.....This is simply MORE validation that they are one of the elite bands of all time. Which they easily are.....After decades of not getting the credit they always deserved.

I agree. Millions and millions of records sold but no many top 40 hits so not very top of mind to the general public.

I know a lot pinball people that are huge Rush fans though and that's what Stern knows.

#560 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Both.
DAHDIDAHDAH DAHDIDAHDAH DAHDAHDIDIT, Morse for YYZ.

I don't know.... YYZ is a hot mess of a song, or whatever you would call it.

#561 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I don't know.... YYZ is a hot mess of a song, or whatever you would call it.

It's an instrumental piece

#562 2 years ago

Definitely curious to see how they integrate the songs. As Rarehero mentioned, I'm guessing for some of the longer tracks we're getting segments tied to modes. I actually really like how that was executed on Iron Maiden - pick your backing track of choice, but then for the Fear of the Dark and Rime of the Ancient Mariner modes the track kicked in at the more uptempo parts. I think this is kind of a happy medium and I'm personally hoping they don't just go with the Zeppelin-esque jukebox setup.

#563 2 years ago

Regardless of your taste in music or if you like Rush, I think we can all agree that 17 songs is amazing for a music pin. Maiden has 12 and it feels like a lot, 17 is just awesome.

I was concerned they might start locking songs behind a paywall with Stern IC but this is a good sign. They could have easily included 12 and said the other 5 are paid DLC.

#564 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I agree. Millions and millions of records sold but no many top 40 hits so not very top of mind to the general public.
I know a lot pinball people that are huge Rush fans though and that's what Stern knows.

Yes, I know two others that are getting an LE as well......Stern knows this will sell tons of units......every larger city has at least 25K Rush fans as they sold out most if not all of their shows from 1977 through 2015. Dream Pin. I have a feeling this will be in the TOP 10 on the TOP 100 list on this site within a month. If they nail the gameplay, which based on the song selection they will, it will be one of the greatest PINS ever.....just like RUSH. hehe

#565 2 years ago

Perfect music for pinball!

#566 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Perfect music for pinball!

Agree.

#567 2 years ago

Curious to see what the art and features on this one might be like. I'm not a super-fan like some of you but I like their music and would buy one if its a fun pin. Track list sounds like good pinball music to me.

#568 2 years ago

A Genesis pin! (the band...) Now that would be my grail pin... But excited to see what Rush looks like. Any day with new pinball is a good day!

Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and you're thinking of ABACAB.

#569 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Curious to see what the art and features on this one might be like. I'm not a super-fan like some of you but I like their music and would buy one if its a fun pin. Track list sounds like good pinball music to me.

Hoping for anything from 1976 through 1982 (2112 through Signals).

#570 2 years ago
fry2 (resized).pngfry2 (resized).png
#571 2 years ago

I always thought if you had enough songs ,let the player select from say 10 to play to .The rest need to be earned while playing .

#572 2 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

A Genesis pin! (the band...) Now that would be my grail pin... But excited to see what Rush looks like. Any day with new pinball is a good day!

You talk about an elite group of musicians that get no respect! Saw a few shows on their recent (last) tour in the states, and I was surprised at the crowd levels for a band that had not released any music for 29 years.

#573 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I always thought if you had enough songs ,let the player select from say 10 to play to .The rest need to be earned while playing .

Great idea with the new insider connected thing

#574 2 years ago
Quoted from WODKA:

Great idea with the new insider connected thing

So exited to see this pin .What was Borgs latest ? We just purchased a Met Prem and flipping love it !

#575 2 years ago

Just seen it was Turtles .

#576 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

We just purchased a Met Prem and flipping love it !

Good taste.
Rush next to MET = a sub in the middle.
I really like the sound of that.

#577 2 years ago

That song list is a great start.
Fingers crossed.....

#578 2 years ago

Apologies if this has been posted already, but who is doing rules/code for Rush? Is it same team as Turtles?

#579 2 years ago

After the reveal this morning I ran down to the local record store and bought all the Rush they had.
I've had Rush since hs, but only All the World's a Stage and Different Stages besides that one.
Never pursued their entire discography, ...until now.
On a mission.

20211228_171252 (resized).jpg20211228_171252 (resized).jpg
#580 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Apologies if this has been posted already, but who is doing rules/code for Rush? Is it same team as Turtles?

Was mentioned earlier it’s the same team as LZ - so Sexton and ???

#581 2 years ago

Still hoping to hear that Lyman started the rules and set the framework and that others (Sexton and Rayday?) have taken over and completed things after he left. Lyman seems like he would be a Rush fan.

#582 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I'm on the fence about this. I've had my maiden pin for a few months and never accessed Run to the hills or 2 minutes to midnight mode and I only got cyborg multiball once.
If I had no access to those songs it would be a bit of a bummer. Then again it would be that much more satisfying when I finally get there

#583 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Still can't believe Gryszzz is a Rush guy.

Lol! Yancy buddy if you ask any death metal junkie what they love about it, besides the camaraderie/lifelong friends, they'll tell you the extremely intricate and difficult musicianship, from every single member.
That is generally appreciated across all genres by us metal guys.
Plus did you not skate your ass off to Tom Sawyer at the roller rink back in the early 80's lol

#584 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Still hoping to hear that Lyman started the rules and set the framework and that others (Sexton and Rayday?) have taken over and completed things after he left. Lyman seems like he would be a Rush fan.

Lyman is a HUUUUUUGE Rush fan. Was bummed when he left because this would have been a dream project for him. Good to hear he started it, and I think it’s in good hands with SexRay. Has anyone called them that yet? If not, I’m starting it. GO TEAM SEXRAY!!!

#585 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Lyman is a HUUUUUUGE Rush fan. Was bummed when he left because this would have been a dream project for him. Good to hear he started it, and I think it’s in good hands with SexRay. Has anyone called them that yet? If not, I’m starting it. GO TEAM SEXRAY!!!

Didn’t say he did - but HOPE he did.

#586 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Good taste.
Rush next to MET = a sub in the middle.
I really like the sound of that.

I was reading on a pinball sound system you can split and have 5 pins on it .I’ll look for it and post .

#587 2 years ago

Everyone here today:

GeddyLee (resized).jpgGeddyLee (resized).jpg
#588 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

No. As was said before it's the code for Toronto Airport.

You are both correct… YYZ is the airport code and the pattern that Neil plays on crotales during the intro is Morse code for YYZ.

#589 2 years ago

Be sure to wear your BLACK JEANS when you play! No khakis!!!

#590 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

I'm on the fence about this. I've had my maiden pin for a few months and never accessed Run to the hills or 2 minutes to midnight mode and I only got cyborg multiball once.
If I had no access to those songs it would be a bit of a bummer. Then again it would be that much more satisfying when I finally get there

Trust me ,I’m in the same boat but it would bring the satisfaction level through the roof when achieved .I do avoid those songs .Never heard RttH yet

#591 2 years ago

Who's gonna mod in some I Love You, Man?

#592 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I believe this was the last game Richie worked on before heading to JJP. Can you confirm?

#593 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I can't believe Roll the Bones didn't make the cut!

That's the way that Lady Luck dances

Roll The Bones....

Rob

#594 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Who's gonna mod in some I Love You, Man?

I was kinda hoping they’d do something like get Paul Rudd & Jason Segal for the callouts. It would be so funny if the game was about their characters trying to get back stage or something…I feel like Rush would have a sense of humor about making a game with that narrative.

#596 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

After the reveal this morning I ran down to the local record store and bought all the Rush they had.
I've had Rush since hs, but only All the World's a Stage and Different Stages besides that one.
Never pursued their entire discography, ...until now.
On a mission.[quoted image]

Pinball folk are clearly strange... XD

#597 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Maiden is just a tough game for me and that somewhat spoils the fun of it. I've lost interest in Godzilla, but Rush really resonates with me. I'm super excited to see it even if I can't afford one. Unless I sold my Iron Maiden I guess....

Rob

#598 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Maiden is just a tough game for me and that somewhat spoils the fun of it. I've lost interest in Godzilla, but Rush really resonates with me. I'm super excited to see it even if I can't afford one. Unless I sold my Iron Maiden I guess....
Rob

I still can't hit that left ramp worth a fuck...
Genius pf design I gotta admit, but frustrating AF for a novice player like myself.

#599 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

There it is and the LEs are sold out all 1500 of them at 11499. Lucky bastards. That was quick. just kidding. I am looking forward to playing one.

The LEs were sold out back in July... or at least the possibility of getting on a list to get one.

#600 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I still can't hit that left ramp worth a fuck...
Genius pf design I gotta admit, but frustrating AF for a novice player like myself.

As Steve Ritchie would say "play better!"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/12?hl=rwmech5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.